Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty
PostSubject: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 2:54 pm

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2009/01/08/updates/breaking_news/doc496646b5d59f5085455113.txt

I feel so bad for those whose homes went under water. I feel proud and sad and bad for those who volunteered. I feel remorseful that we don't have a common-sense governor who brags about a "rainy day surplus," yet, denies funding for what is crucial to end the flooding/homes, businesses and lives.

Not to mention the Borhman getting flooded, causing accidents.

What is he thinking?

Open up those dumb old Blue laws selling liquor on Sundays, the old goat doesn't realize how much revenue would flow in. You wouldn't need to add a 1% tax to food and beverages.

A simple breakfast with two eggs, sausage, hash browns, coffee cost $8.00 plus a tip. People aren't spending that anymore when you can buy carton a of eggs, a pkg of hash browns and sausage, (on sale), for what, for $8.00? And have more left over. He's hurting the restaurant business more.

This is so stupid.

Last edited by UrRight on 1/8/2009, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My computer is suffering from an internal hiss-fit.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 3:33 pm

Why don't they stop those stupid laws? Do they really think people aren't drinking on Sunday? Seems like there was a petition going around about getting rid of that law. Ever see it? I wonder if it is still being circulated.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 4:40 pm

party42 wrote:
Why don't they stop those stupid laws? Do they really think people aren't drinking on Sunday?

There's a reason there are 2 liquor stores on Ridge Rd in Lansing within a 3 blocks of the state line. Every Sunday they're crowded with Indiana plates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 5:09 pm

Daniels needs to push for Uncle Pete to help with the levee

Simple as that

If Pete can get $500 million for a train extension, I'm sure he can get a measly $15 million for a levee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 5:11 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
party42 wrote:
Why don't they stop those stupid laws? Do they really think people aren't drinking on Sunday?

There's a reason there are 2 liquor stores on Ridge Rd in Lansing within a 3 blocks of the state line. Every Sunday they're crowded with Indiana plates.

I know and it's too bad our Indiana officials can't see how much money we are spending in Ill. for the sake of a stupid law.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 8:57 pm

party42 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
party42 wrote:

I know and it's too bad our Indiana officials can't see how much money we are spending in Ill. for the sake of a stupid law.

You guys want a monopoly on everything? We'll trade you our liquor laws for your gas,tobacco,or gaming laws. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 9:48 pm

If it will bring in more tax money for Indiana then yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/8/2009, 11:32 pm

party42 wrote:

We have enough taxes.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/9/2009, 1:49 am

Mike, the taxes are way less on booze in IN than what they pay over in IL.

Another thing, what about people vacationing in Indiana, at campgrounds, etc., where they can't hop across the stateline?

There's stimulating the economy on Sunday and there's far less tax on booze - so why not open the goldmine on Sundays?

At least it's revenue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/9/2009, 9:57 am

Sorry Ur, but I do NOT WANT any more taxes period

Just wait, they will find a way to sneak in a little tax here and there in the coming weeks.

You really think the state will allow sales of alcohol on Sunday and not want some sort of increase in alcohol tax to get it passed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/9/2009, 10:25 am

mike3775 wrote:
party42 wrote:

We have enough taxes.

Huh? I'm talking about collecting the tax money from alcohol sales on Sundays that we are currently letting Ill. take from us.

I would be interested in seeing just how much we do let go to Ill. from Sunday sales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/9/2009, 10:37 am

party42 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:
party42 wrote:

We have enough taxes.

Huh? I'm talking about collecting the tax money from alcohol sales on Sundays that we are currently letting Ill. take from us.

I would be interested in seeing just how much we do let go to Ill. from Sunday sales.

But do you see them passing a law to allow sales on sunday without sneaking in an increase in the current tax? I don't
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/9/2009, 6:57 pm

I don't see them ADDING additional taxes just for opening up an extra day, MIKE. This isn't CROOK COUNTY. If they were smart, and they usually are, when comparing themselves to Crook County, they just allow the stores to sell booze on a Sunday, and collect additional sales, revenue and taxes, without increasing taxes.

I can bet you Illinois will come over HERE for booze on Sundays, on their way out of town, heading east to play in the sun in Indiana, or Michigan. Michigan has a ten cent per bottle of beer or whatever, which brings a case of beer up to oh, my GOD. Us kids buy it for him in Indiana, and we bring three or four cases, and because it is SO expensive up there.

You have to believe that opening up that blue law on Sunday would bring in FAR more than a food and beverage tax. Shitz, I don't even go out to eat as it is, like I use to for breakfast with my friends. It's cheaper staying home and buying our own food and concocting it. (Figure the fair tip today).

Anyway, I just don't understand something so simple in front of the Gov's eyes, and he still acts like people go to church on Sundays and rest to plow the fields the rest of the week. That's 1902 shitz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/13/2009, 8:17 am

The Gov will be on WJOB Friday morning. I think we all want to know why the $14 mil for the levee isn't available but we can spend $54 mil on Wolf Lake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/14/2009, 12:19 pm

Mirage wrote:
The Gov will be on WJOB Friday morning. I think we all want to know why the $14 mil for the levee isn't available but we can spend $54 mil on Wolf Lake.

I actually emailed him about that Mirage

i stated why is it that the RDA is allowed to fund something that is not going to benefit anyone, along with a park, yet he will refuse to allow the RDA to fund the Levee, which will do more to allow development than a landlocked park and Wolf Lake
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/14/2009, 8:39 pm

the gov has unfortunately cancelled. and listening to jed this morning, he seemed to think it was because the gov didnt want to talk about this specific topic.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/15/2009, 6:36 pm

mike3775 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

I actually emailed him about that Mirage

i stated why is it that the RDA is allowed to fund something that is not going to benefit anyone, along with a park, yet he will refuse to allow the RDA to fund the Levee, which will do more to allow development than a landlocked park and Wolf Lake

How the hell do you email the gov? Also, for the life of me, can't get to the assessor's office...what are the links?

Oracle, don't you think all projects should be on hold for now, with the economy, the 53% increase nation-wide foreclosures, and focus on projects that deserve more attention, safety-wise. People don't have money for recreation today.

Houses are foreclosing, small businesses are folding, geez, even Best Buy is offering early retirement to avoid bankruptcy...I think the lakefront project should be on the back-burner. Every politician can say things will not start looking better until 2011.

Many cinemas are closing up in other parts of Illinois where the wealthy people live...as are the aquatic (sic) parks. It's getting scary out there. You'd be best to invest in resale shops (which are getting more crowded than ever), and forget about luxurious "attractions". I know...opening up the Bass Lake Beach Front - people didn't have the money to travel in RVs because gas was $4.00 a gallon. Diesel? Who knows...but as with any business...especially the car lots, the storefronts - they are closing up. I believe we need to focus on the levee and forget about "fun things". People just are scared as hell they may get laid off next. It's too shaky out there. I wish the whole damn government would shut down once a week to save billions nationwide.

California is sinking faster than they predicted, even though it isn't sliding in the ocean. We've got to forget about strip malls, cinemas, waterparks. Those are luxuries and people do NOT have the money for it.

Save lives and focus on the levee. That's my opinion. All of gov't has got to stop their spending. Every state.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/15/2009, 9:36 pm

i think unnecessary projects should be on hold yes.

however projects that protect the citizens and their property are necessary.

otherwise why not just dismiss the the state police dept during tough budget times? that levee will protect homes and people, just like the state pd does. so both should be funded properly, no matter what the economy.

the wolf lake project is being done by a seperate entity that has absolutely nothing to do with the levee project. to claim that project should stop because the levee isnt getting done is its like my expecting you to not buy your kid a car because some family in new orleans is going to bed hungry tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/16/2009, 6:04 am

to claim that project should stop because the levee isnt getting done is its like my expecting you to not buy your kid a car because some family in new orleans is going to bed hungry tonight.

Probably not the best example. One could argue that you can't afford a car because the Federal government decided you would feed, cloth, and house that family in NO. Razz
Back to top Go down
FFScott

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/16/2009, 7:27 am

The governor dont give a shit about us in the region. The interest for a few months from his selling out the Toll Road would provide enough cash to finish the Lil Cal. There is no reason for RDA funds to come into play here. Its just another shell game by the governor.
He could turn 465 into a toll road ands replenish his slush fund - yeah thats going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/16/2009, 9:27 am

UrRight wrote:

How the hell do you email the gov?

Go to any state website and follow the link at the top the Governors homepage
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty1/16/2009, 11:03 am

Here's a nice tidbit about our man Mitch.
Daniels was mentioned as being involved in the insertion of the "Midnight Rider" of the Homeland Security Act which was signed into law on November 25 2002. The bill contained a provision that was added at the last minute that would block lawsuits against Indiana-based Eli Lilly and Company over the production of a controversial vaccine preservative called "thimerosal" which is 49.6% mercury. Parents of autistic children claim this preservative has caused autism in thousands of children.
Eli Lilly is the company that Mitch worked for as Senior VP before he went to Washington.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels   No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels Empty

Back to top Go down

No Bailout for Little Cal Levees: Daniels
Page 1 of 1