Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gun Control

Go down 
+2
TheSmokingArgus
Artie60438
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/15/2018, 9:33 am

Advocate for the Murder of Police Officers 60438 wrote:

The AR-15 rife carried by Holmes, a civilian semi-automatic version of the military M-16, would have been defined as a “semiautomatic assault weapon” under the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. If the law was still in force, semiautomatic assault weapons would have been outright banned:

happy jack wrote:
Let’s get something straight – it’s either an assault weapon, or it’s a semi-automatic weapon. It is one, or it is the other, but it is not both (although most assault weapons may also be fired in semi-automatic mode); the two terms are not interchangeable, regardless of how semi-automatic weapons have been defined in the Assault Weapons bill, defined by legislators who are either grossly ignorant or attempting to deliberately mislead as to the nature and functionality of such weapons.

I still stand 100% behind those statements. You may attempt to re-define words as often as you wish, but that does not change the meaning of those words.
The mere fact that you don't know what you are talking about does not mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.
And, incidentally - under the so-called assault weapons bill of 1994, the AR-15 would not have been "outright banned". It just would not have been available for legal sale or purchase. The ones already in existence were perfectly legal to possess.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/15/2018, 4:42 pm

happy jack wrote:
Advocate for the Holding Trump Worshiping Gun Nuts Accountable wrote:

The AR-15 rife carried by Holmes, a civilian semi-automatic version of the military M-16, would have been defined as a “semiautomatic assault weapon” under the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. If the law was still in force, semiautomatic assault weapons would have been outright banned:

Advocate For the Mass Murder of Schoolchildren wrote:
Let’s get something straight – it’s either an assault weapon, or it’s a semi-automatic weapon. It is one, or it is the other, but it is not both (although most assault weapons may also be fired in semi-automatic mode); the two terms are not interchangeable, regardless of how semi-automatic weapons have been defined in the Assault Weapons bill, defined by legislators who are either grossly ignorant or attempting to deliberately mislead as to the nature and functionality of such weapons.
Do you believe that AR-15's and similar weapons should be readily available for purchase?

I still stand 100% behind those statements. You may attempt to re-define words as often as you wish, but that does not change the meaning of those words.
The mere fact that you don't know what you are talking about does not mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.
And, incidentally - under the so-called assault weapons bill of 1994, the AR-15 would not have been "outright banned". It just would not have been available for legal sale or purchase. The ones already in existence were perfectly legal to possess.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/15/2018, 6:53 pm

Do you believe that AR-15's and similar weapons should be readily available for purchase?

You're gonna need to be much more clear, and much more specific, as to these "similar weapons".
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/15/2018, 7:54 pm

happy jack wrote:
Advocate for the Outing of Trump Worshiping Gun Nuts wrote:
 Do you believe that AR-15's should be readily available for purchase?

You're gonna need to be much more clear, and much more specific, as to these "similar weapons".
Fine,Let's just narrow it down to AR-15's. Do you believe that AR-15's should be readily available for purchase?[/quote]
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 4:18 am

happy jack wrote:
 Do you believe that AR-15's  should be readily available for purchase?

Fine,Let's just narrow it down to AR-15's. Do you believe that AR-15's should be readily available for purchase?

Yes.
The AR-15 does not jump out of its box, load itself, and mow down a roomful of people - only its operator can enable it to do that.
The AR-15 functions no differently from many ordinary hunting rifles, and the ammunition used in it - .223 caliber - is among the top-rated calibers used by hunters.
Do you believe that the firearm pictured below should be readily available for purchase?

Gun Control DSC08825
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 9:05 am

Shining the Light on Trump Worshiping Gun Nuts that believe in enabling Mass Murders wrote:

Mass Murder Enabler wrote:
Yes.
Enabler of Mass Murderers wrote:
The AR-15 does not jump out of its box, load itself, and mow down a roomful of people - only its operator can enable it to do that.
Yep,and if those guns were not readily available than obviously mass murders wouldn't be able to do it,would they?

So there you have it.  Our Trump Worshiping troll readily admits to supporting the ongoing sale of a weapon that is designed to kill as many humans as possible in the shortest period of time.

Mass shootings are getting deadlier. And the latest ones all have something new in common: The AR-15
Quote :
But in all of the latest incidents — Newtown, Conn., in 2012; San Bernardino, Calif., in 2015; Orlando, Fla., in 2016; Las Vegas, 2017; Sutherland Springs, Texas, 2017 — the attackers primarily used AR-15 semiautomatic rifles.

There are a couple of theories that might suggest why AR-15s would be associated with deadlier attacks. AR-15 rifles shoot small but high-velocity .223-caliber rounds that often shatter inside victims’ bodies, creating more devastating injuries than the wounds typically left by larger but lower-velocity handgun rounds.
Suspect confessed to Florida school attack, carried extra ammo and fired for 3 minutes: police

Shooters also commonly use the rifles with 30-round magazines, which allow them to fire more rounds uninterrupted, compared with the smaller magazines commonly used in handguns.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 9:49 am

happy jack wrote:
Yes.

Yep,and if those guns were not readily available than obviously mass murders wouldn't be able to do it,would they?

Yes, they would, but they would need to use a different gun.

So there you have it. happy jack readily admits to supporting the ongoing sale of a weapon that is designed to kill as many humans as possible in the shortest period of time.

What happy jack supports is the ongoing sale of a gun that is designed to fire one round per each pull of the trigger, a feature identical to many ordinary hunting rifles, and a gun which does nothing more than sit in its box until an unstable person decides to misuse it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 11:01 am

Mass Murder Helper wrote:
Advocate for the Exposure of Trump Worshipers who help facilitate Mass Murder 60438 wrote:

happy jack wrote:
Yes.

Advocate for the Exposure of Trump Worshipers who help facilitate Mass Murder 60438 wrote:
Yes, they would, but they would need to use a different gun.
Such as those similar to AR-15s. You support the sale of those too,right?

So there you have it. happy jack readily admits to supporting the ongoing sale of a weapon that is designed to kill as many humans as possible in the shortest period of time.
Mass Murderer Helper wrote:
What happy jack supports is the ongoing sale of a gun that is designed to fire one round per each pull of the trigger, a feature identical to many ordinary hunting rifles, and a gun which does nothing more than sit in its box until an unstable person decides to misuse it.
If "ordinary hunting rifles" have identical features then why do mass murders rely on AR-15s and similar military assault rifles.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 11:56 am

You will need to specify which firearms you consider to be "similar to AR-15s.".

If "ordinary hunting rifles" have identical features then why do mass murders rely on AR-15s and similar military assault rifles.

I don't know. Perhaps it is because the AR-15 is glamorized, fetishized, and personified by major media as the epitome of all things evil.
What I do know for sure about the AR-15 is that the mere mention of it provokes in you the same reaction you would have if someone dripped hot wax on your clitoris
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 12:23 pm

Mass Murder Helper wrote:

You will need to specify which firearms you consider to be "similar to AR-15s.".
Nope,not going down that rabbit hole. You know perfectly well which military assault weapons we're talking about. Sleep

Trump Worshiper who helps facilitate Mass Murder wrote:
I don't know. Perhaps it is because the AR-15 is glamorized, fetishized, and personified by major media as the epitome of all things evil.
Or maybe because it seems to be the weapon of choice these days.
Small handed gun nut with even smaller pee pee wrote:
What I do know for sure about the AR-15 is that the mere mention of it provokes in you the same reaction you would have if someone dripped hot wax on your clitoris
Whatever you say,Tiny
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 1:32 pm

happy jack wrote:

Nope,not going down that rabbit hole. You know perfectly well which military assault weapons we're talking about. Sleep  

Believe me - I'm steering clear of the rabbit hole, the one in which you demand to know whether I support the sale of weapons "similar" to the AR-15, because if I say that I do, you will claim, in all of your glorious and well-documented dishonesty, something to the effect that, since a grenade-launcher and an AR-15 both fire projectiles, they are similar, and I will be accused of being in favor of the sale of grenade launchers, or some such nonsense. We both know that that is how the conversation would end up.
So, if you wish to know whether I am in favor of the sale of a specific firearm, then ask that question.
Otherwise, no dice.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 2:25 pm

Believe me - I'm steering clear of the rabbit hole, the one in which you demand to know whether I support the sale of weapons "similar" to the AR-15, because if I say that I do, you will claim, in all of your glorious and well-documented dishonesty, something to the effect that, since a grenade-launcher and an AR-15 both fire projectiles, they are similar, and I will be accused of being in favor of the sale of grenade launchers, or some such nonsense. We both know that that is how the conversation would end up.
So, if you wish to know whether I am in favor of the sale of a specific firearm, then ask that question.
Otherwise, no dice.

Let's just agree that you fully support the sale of weapons that mass murderers prefer when they gun down innocent,defenseless, school children,and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 6:34 pm

Let's just agree that you fully support the sale of weapons that mass murderers prefer when they gun down innocent,defenseless, school children,and leave it at that.

This quote is old, but it bears repeating:

http://www.firearms.org/?p=1

You know, there are two kinds of animals in this world: predators, and prey.
No one watches a leopard chase down a gazelle and denies that the gazelle has a right to use it’s hooves and horns to protect itself from the predator. But there are people in this room tonight, and across the country, who would deny that same right to self-defense to other human beings. Such people seem to think that the way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off of the gazelle – that by somehow making it easier for the predator, the predator will somehow go away. This is insane. When you make it easier for the predator – you get more predators.

So let's just agree that I fully support the right of any law-abiding citizen to own whatever legal product he and/or she chooses to own in the furtherance of his and/or her right to defend themselves and their families.
And let's just agree that when you sanctimoniously employ the terms "innocent" and "defenseless" that it is your policy or policies which will ensure that the "innocent" remain "defenseless".
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 7:01 pm

happy jack wrote:

Or maybe because it seems to be the weapon of choice these days.

happy jack wrote:
Yes, it seems to be the weapon of choice these days because it has been "glamorized, fetishized, and personified by major media as the epitome of all things evil." Had you been paying attention, you would have recognized the redundancy of your last statement.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 7:26 pm

Advocate for the Exposure of Trump Worshipers who help facilitate Mass Murder wrote:

And let's just agree that when you sanctimoniously employ the terms "innocent" and "defenseless" that it is your policy or policies which will ensure that the "innocent" remain "defenseless".
The victims were innocent and they were defenseless. Oh,and btw,the school had a "good guy with a gun" on duty at the time of the massacre. So there goes another one of your dumb as a box of rocks NRA fairy tales down the drain.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/16/2018, 8:03 pm

happy jack wrote:

The victims were innocent and they were defenseless.

The sentiment in the oversized lettering above is quite possibly the only factual statement I have ever seen you type with your masturbatorily gnarled hands.

Good job!!!!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/17/2018, 7:27 am

It is refreshing to see that someone besides myself understands that an inanimate gun cannot kill someone unless an animate person pulls the trigger. If more people could grasp that concept (pay attention, libs), then some sort of progress might be made in preventing some of these occurrences.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456510/gun-control-republicans-consider-grvo

A Gun-Control Measure Conservatives Should Consider

by DAVID FRENCH February 16, 2018 4:02 PM @DAVIDAFRENCH

Gun-violence restraining orders (GVROs) make us all safer while empowering the individual and protecting liberty. To understand the American gun-control debate, you have to understand the fundamentally different starting positions of the two sides. Among conservatives, there is the broad belief that the right to own a weapon for self-defense is every bit as inherent and unalienable as the right to speak freely or practice your religion. It’s a co-equal liberty in the Bill of Rights, grounded not just in the minds of the Founders but in natural law. Against this backdrop, most forms of gun control proposed after each mass killing represent a collective punishment. The rights of the law-abiding are restricted with no real evidence that these alleged “common sense” reforms will prevent future tragedies in any meaningful way. Many progressives, however, simply don’t care about restrictions on gun ownership. They don’t view it as an individual right, much less an unalienable one. To them, the Second Amendment is an embarrassment, an American quirk that should be limited and confined as much as possible. To them, gun ownership is a privilege, not a right, and can be heavily regulated and restricted without doing any violence at all to individual liberty. To describe these differences is not to say that the two sides never meet. Putting aside the relatively meaningless polls about various gun-control measures — the polls that truly matter are at the ballot box, and there the results are very clear and very distinct for both red and blue — there is broad conceptual agreement that regardless of whether you view gun ownership as a right or a privilege, a person can demonstrate through their conduct that they have no business possessing a weapon. Felons, the dangerously mentally ill, perpetrators of domestic violence — these people have not only demonstrated their unfitness to own a weapon, they’ve been granted due process to contest the charges or claims against them. There is no arbitrary state action. There is no collective punishment. There is, rather, an individual, constitutional state process, and the result of that process is a set of defined consequences that includes revoking the right to gun ownership.   Now, let’s back up for a moment and apply this reasoning to our contagion of mass shootings. Time and again mass shooters give off warning signals. They issue generalized threats. They post disturbing images. They exhibit fascination with mass killings. But before the deadly act itself, there is no clear path to denying them access to guns. Though people can report their concerns to authorities, sometimes those authorities fail or have limited tools to deal with the emerging danger. What if, however, there was an evidence-based process for temporarily denying a troubled person access to guns? What if this process empowered family members and others close to a potential shooter, allowing them to “do something” after they “see something” and “say something”? I’ve written that the best line of defense against mass shootings is an empowered, vigilant citizenry. There is a method that has the potential to empower citizens even more, when it’s carefully and properly implemented. It’s called a gun-violence restraining order, or GVRO. While there are various versions of these laws working their way through the states (California passed a GVRO statute in 2014, and it went into effect in 2016), broadly speaking they permit a spouse, parent, sibling, or person living with a troubled individual to petition a court for an order enabling law enforcement to temporarily take that individual’s guns right away. A well-crafted GVRO should contain the following elements (“petitioners” are those who seek the order, “the respondent” is its subject): It should limit those who have standing to seek the order to a narrowly defined class of people (close relatives, those living with the respondent); It should require petitioners to come forward with clear, convincing, admissible evidence that the respondent is a significant danger to himself or others; It should grant the respondent an opportunity to contest the claims against him; In the event of an emergency, ex parte order (an order granted before the respondent can contest the claims), a full hearing should be scheduled quickly — preferably within 72 hours; and The order should lapse after a defined period of time unless petitioners can come forward with clear and convincing evidence that it should remain in place. The concept of the GVRO is simple, not substantially different from the restraining orders that are common in family law, and far easier to explain to the public than our nation’s mental-health adjudications. Moreover, the requirement that the order come from people close to the respondent and that they come forward with real evidence (e.g. sworn statements, screenshots of social-media posts, copies of journal entries) minimizes the chance of bad-faith claims. The great benefit of the GVRO is that it provides citizens with options other than relying on, say, the FBI. As the bureau admitted today, it did not respond appropriately to a timely warning from a “person close to Nikolas Cruz.” According the FBI, that person provided “information about Cruz’s gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting.” In other words, it appears the FBI received exactly the kind of information that would justify granting a GVRO. Just since 2015, the Charleston church shooter, the Orlando nightclub shooter, the Sutherland Springs church shooter, and the Parkland school shooter each happened after federal authorities missed chances to stop them. For those keeping score, that’s four horrific mass shootings in four years where federal systems failed, at a cost of more than 100 lives. In other words, proper application of existing policies and procedures could have saved lives, but the people in the federal government failed. And they keep failing. So let’s empower different people. Let’s empower the people who have the most to lose, and let’s place accountability on the lowest possible level of government: the local judges who consistently and regularly adjudicate similar claims in the context of family and criminal law. The GVRO is consistent with and recognizes both the inherent right of self-defense and the inherent right of due process. It is not collective punishment. It is precisely targeted. Advocates for GVROs have been mostly clustered on the left, but there is nothing inherently leftist about the concept. After all, the GVRO is consistent with and recognizes both the inherent right of self-defense and the inherent right of due process. It is not collective punishment. It is precisely targeted. As I wrote the night of the Parkland shooting, a vigilant citizenry is a far better defense against a mass shooting than the sweeping, allegedly “common sense” gun-control measures debated after every massacre. But when individual citizens are vigilant and individual government officials are not, then it’s time to consider different measures. It’s time to consider rearranging the balance of power. I don’t pretend that a GVRO is the solution to mass killings. There is no “solution.” It’s a tool, one among many. In 2016 California courts granted 86 restraining orders. Most of them applied for a mere 21 days. In ten instances those orders were extended for a year. Until I’m persuaded otherwise (and I look forward to the conversation), I’ll believe that a restraining order can give a family the power federal incompetence has taken away — the power to save lives.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/17/2018, 7:49 am

I'm keeping my ears open for any liberals who might begin complaining that children or teachers may have been (gasp!!!!) praying in school during one of these horrific events.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/20/2018, 10:29 am

Artie:
Have you considered applying for a job writing for thinkprogess?
Looks like all you need is a computer and a healthy dose of blatant dishonesty, both of which you have.
You already twist and misrepresent facts on a daily basis - how sweet would it be for you to get paid for it?
It's your dream job - go for it!!!!

https://thinkprogress.org/nra-cruz-donation-marksmanship-c7f68d54a25f/

The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle
He practiced on indoor ranges shooting at targets the size of coin.
Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, honed his marksmanship skills in a school program supported by the NRA. Cruz was, according to the Associated Press, a member of the school’s four-person varsity marksmanship team, which received a $10,000 grant from the NRA in 2016.

MSD JROTC Marksmanship team would like to thank the NRA for their grateful donation of nearly $10,000 to upgrade and replenish equipment! pic.twitter.com/HhBwHIMl1n
— MSDJROTC (@MSDJROTC1) September 21, 2016

The marksmanship team was part of the schools’ JROTC program. On the team, Cruz trained with “air rifles special-made for target shooting, typically on indoor ranges at targets the size of a coin.”
Cruz discussed his AR-15 with other team members and was given the nickname “Wolf.” Another member of the team described him as “a very good shot.”
The NRA declined to comment on the donation. In 2015, the NRA Foundation gave $2.2 million in similar grants promoting gun use to schools around the country. This includes grants “to elementary and middle schools.”
The NRA Foundation’s website says it’s “investing in the next generation of America’s leaders” by devoting “a significant majority” of the group’s grants to “youth shooting sports.”

NRA Foundation Website
The NRA Foundation operates the Friends of the NRA program, which raises money for youth shooting sports as a way of recruiting young activists to fight gun regulation.

Friends of the NRA describes itself as “a 100% grassroots effort fueled by a united front to secure the Second Amendment and raise money for the shooting sports.”
The NRA has been actively commenting on the Parkland massacre on social media, arguing that the only way to prevent future tragedies is more guns.

https://twitchy.com/bethb-313034/2018/02/17/double-amputee-staff-sargent-joey-jones-obliterates-thinkprogress-attempt-at-smearing-jrotc-programs/

Double amputee Staff Sergeant Joey Jones OBLITERATES ThinkProgress’ attempt at smearing JROTC programs

On Friday, ThinkProgress posted an article trying to smear JROTC programs because the NRA donated money to the ROTC program that thought Nikolas Cruz how to shoot.
Staff Sergeant Joey Jones, who served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (bomb) Technician, was quick to refute the liberal outlet’s claims.
There are so many men and women who start out in ROTC who eventually move on to serve our country honorably. They’re willing to risk their lives and even die for our freedom. ONE person took advantage of the program. That doesn’t mean the pros suddenly outweigh the cons.
Thank you for your service, Larry, and thank you for training other brave souls.
These are the people who TRULY want to serve others.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/20/2018, 4:07 pm

I support the sale of guns used to Mass Murder Children wrote wrote:
Artie:
Have you considered applying for a job writing for thinkprogess?
Looks like all you need is a computer and a healthy dose of blatant dishonesty, both of which you have.
You already twist and misrepresent facts on a daily basis - how sweet would it be for you to get paid for it?
It's your dream job - go for it!!!!

https://thinkprogress.org/nra-cruz-donation-marksmanship-c7f68d54a25f/

The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle
He practiced on indoor ranges shooting at targets the size of coin.
Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, honed his marksmanship skills in a school program supported by the NRA. Cruz was, according to the Associated Press, a member of the school’s four-person varsity marksmanship team, which received a $10,000 grant from the NRA in 2016.

MSD JROTC Marksmanship team would like to thank the NRA for their grateful donation of nearly $10,000 to upgrade and replenish equipment! pic.twitter.com/HhBwHIMl1n

The marksmanship team was part of the schools’ JROTC program. On the team, Cruz trained with “air rifles special-made for target shooting, typically on indoor ranges at targets the size of a coin.”
Cruz discussed his AR-15 with other team members and was given the nickname “Wolf.” Another member of the team described him as “a very good shot.”
The NRA declined to comment on the donation. In 2015, the NRA Foundation gave $2.2 million in similar grants promoting gun use to schools around the country. This includes grants “to elementary and middle schools.”
The NRA Foundation’s website says it’s “investing in the next generation of America’s leaders” by devoting “a significant majority” of the group’s grants to “youth shooting sports.”

NRA Foundation Website
The NRA Foundation operates the Friends of the NRA program, which raises money for youth shooting sports as a way of recruiting young activists to fight gun regulation.

Friends of the NRA describes itself as “a 100% grassroots effort fueled by a united front to secure the Second Amendment and raise money for the shooting sports.”
The NRA has been actively commenting on the Parkland massacre on social media, arguing that the only way to prevent future tragedies is more guns.

https://twitchy.com/bethb-313034/2018/02/17/double-amputee-staff-sargent-joey-jones-obliterates-thinkprogress-attempt-at-smearing-jrotc-programs/

Double amputee Staff Sergeant Joey Jones OBLITERATES ThinkProgress’ attempt at smearing JROTC programs

On Friday, ThinkProgress posted an article trying to smear JROTC programs because the NRA donated money to the ROTC program that thought Nikolas Cruz how to shoot.
Staff Sergeant Joey Jones, who served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (bomb) Technician, was quick to refute the liberal outlet’s claims.
There are so many men and women who start out in ROTC who eventually move on to serve our country honorably. They’re willing to risk their lives and even die for our freedom. ONE person took advantage of the program. That doesn’t mean the pros suddenly outweigh the cons.
Thank you for your service, Larry, and thank you for training other brave souls.
These are the people who TRULY want to serve others.

Wow..."Twitchy.com" is your source now?
1)
Quote :
Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, honed his marksmanship skills in a school program supported by the NRA.
True!
2)  
Quote :

The school thanks the NRA for their donation
3)
Quote :
The NRA declined to comment on the donation.
Hmmm..I wonder why Question
Our idiot Trump Worshiper who fully supports the sale of guns used to Mass Murder Children points to some guy that clearly admits
Joey Jones wrote:
ONE person took advantage of the program.
that the killer did indeed take part in the program that the NRA funded. Shocked

Now who's the dishonest one?

As always thanks for the laugh.
Gun Control Rofl
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/23/2018, 10:08 am

cheers cheers cheers
Three major car rental companies dump the NRA
Quote :
The backlash is growing.

A major car rental conglomerate which operates three prominent national brands is ending its corporate relationship with the National Rifle Association, as backlash grows in the wake of the Parkland mass shooting.

Until Thursday, Enterprise Holdings, which operates Enterprise, Alamo, and National, had a partnership with the NRA to provide discounts to members of the gun lobby. The discounts were available to NRA members once they paid the $40 annual fee, and the companies were among the 22 corporations offering discounts and “five star savings” to the gun lobby’s members.

On Thursday, however, all three brands announced that they would be ending the program on March 26.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/23/2018, 8:43 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/michael-moore-charges-nra-terrorist-organization-817852

THE NRA IS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION, MICHAEL MOORE SAYS

BY TRACY LEE ON 2/23/18 AT 10:41 AM

As the national conversation on gun control heats up with both sides attempting to rally lawmakers, filmmaker and political activist Michael Moore made his own waves. Often outspoken, Moore called the National Rifle Association a terrorist organization.

“The NRA is a terrorist organization. The media should speak of the NRA in the same way they do ISIS," Moore tweeted on Friday.

No, you see, Michael - ISIS is a terrorist organization because they behead people, rape people, burn people alive, and - well - kill people.
The NRA, on the other hand, is basically a lobbying group that purportedly tries to protect 2nd Amendment rights, and tries to sway politicians, among others, to support their agenda.
Do you see the difference?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/23/2018, 10:07 pm

I fully support the sale of weapons of mass destruction used to mass murder school children wrote:

No, you see, Michael - ISIS is a terrorist organization because they behead people, rape people, burn people alive, and - well - kill people.
The NRA, on the other hand, is basically a lobbying group that purportedly tries to protect 2nd Amendment rights, and tries to sway politicians, among others, to support their agenda.
The NRA and you support the sales of weapons of mass destruction that are used to kill school children. While ISIS kills people more sensationally the NRA's talking points helps kill innocent Americans.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/23/2018, 10:13 pm

Six companies dump the NRA in just 24 hours

Quote :

The mass boycott by NRA business partners is another sign that this time the conversation is different.

As teenage school shooting survivors channeled their anger into a national movement, #BoycottNRA exploded across Twitter this week, and companies that once partnered with the National Rifle Association pulled out one by one.

It started with First National Bank of Omaha on Thursday night, which canceled their NRA-branded Visa cards. This was followed by rental car conglomerate Enterprise Holdings, which revoked its NRA member discounts for Enterprise, National, and Alamo.

On Friday, the list grew longer as the hashtag started to blow up.

Symantec, the security company that sells Norton Antivirus and LifeLock identify theft protection, terminated its NRA member discount. Soon after, Chubb, a casualty insurance company, announced that it had stopped underwriting NRA insurance policies.

MetLife announced it was ending its discount program. Then Hertz followed the lead of Enterprise and canceled its car rental partnership.

Many of the NRA’s partners, as documented by ThinkProgress, still remain. But the pressure is not letting up.

And the loss of these companies could be a serious blow. The NRA, much like AARP or AAA, uses corporate partnerships like these to get people to join and pay dues, and the perks are often attractive. For example, some of the rental car discounts were up to 25 percent off.

The NRA has drawn nationwide outrage for its response to the Parkland shooting. The group came out against raising the age limit to buy assault weapons, a measure so basic even Republicans are considering it.

And NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch did the group no favors with her speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, where she claimed that “many in legacy media love mass shootings” because “crying white mothers are ratings gold.”

Some NRA members, including veterans, are now shredding their memberships out of disgust with how the group has tried to cram guns into our communities and our classrooms.

The years of empty words, deflection, and acceptance of gun violence as normal are over. The conversation has finally shifted, and it is time to hold accountable the extremist group that has allowed this bloodshed.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty2/23/2018, 10:21 pm

happy jack wrote:

The NRA and you support the sales of weapons of mass destruction that are used to kill school children.  While ISIS kills people more sensationally the NRA's talking points helps kill innocent Americans.

.... the NRA's talking points helps kill innocent Americans.

"Guns don't kill people - talking points kill people."

Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next