Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No whining

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
happy jack

No whining Empty
PostSubject: No whining   No whining Empty5/30/2014, 12:19 pm

This is how it should be dealt with – not with whining, lawsuits, and hate crime laws.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/05/30/controversial-texas-restaurant-becoming-a-highly-rated-gay-bar/

Controversial Texas Restaurant Becoming A ‘Highly Rated’ Gay Bar

May 30, 2014 7:36 AM

PITTSBURG, Texas (KRLD) – An East Texas restaurant is receiving unique backlash on social media after a waitress told a gay couple not to return, making a homophobic remark in the process.
Using Yelp and Google reviews, online activists are trying to make Big Earl’s Bait House  and Country Store in Pittsburg seem like one of the highest ratedand most recommended gay bars in Texas.
One Yelp review reads , “this place is great… you can really let your freak flag fly here.”
Another reads, “I’m a dude. I like dudes. And I appreciate a place where dudes can hang out together in dude-company.” A comment that is in obvious reference to the sign on Big Earls Restaurant that states, “Welcome to Big Earls, where men act like men and women act like ladies. No Saggy Pants.”
Collin Dewberry says he and his partner had just paid their check when their waitress approached them on the way out.
“And that’s when she said to us… ‘to put it plainly, we don’t serve fags here’.”
“I think the restaurant better learn  to adapt or they will probably have to close their doors soon,” says Kyle, who identifies himself as a gay man.
He and others in the Dallas LGBT community are planning to make a road trip to Big Earl’s.
“I think it’s a fantastic idea and I’ll be there,” says Gary Burns. “There’s no reason not to just go and embrace those people and to love them and hug them and say ‘hey, we’re human beings too’.”
And Big Earl’s restaurant says they’re ready for them.
“If there’s any problems, they will be taken care of appropriately,” says Christina Cheney, who is Big Earl’s daughter and the waitress who made the homophobic remark. “We are aware that they are attempting to come out here. We’re ready for them; we have informed the Sheriff’s department and the state.”
And while Big Earl’s says they have received an influxof new customers  since news came out, they should expect a new crowd in Pittsburg, especially with reviews like this from Bubba on Yelp:
“Well, the food isn’t all that good, but this is still the best gay cruiser joint in Texas! I’ve picked up several dates there. All are very handsome, very gay men. I hear the owner offers discounts to men in chaps.”
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

No whining Empty
PostSubject: Re: No whining   No whining Empty7/6/2016, 4:42 pm

Please proceed Mr Issa Very Happy
Darrell Issa Calls For Government Shutdown If Hillary Clinton Is Not Charged
Quote :
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) once claimed that he “never voted for a [government] shutdown and never will.” But Issa is so angry the FBI recommended Hillary Clinton not be indicted for using a private server for her email that he suggested on Wednesday that he is rethinking his promise. He proposed that now might be a good time for the Republican leadership to shut down the federal government, in protest of what he called “an imperial president” who will not “enforce criminal charges against a criminal.”
Oh,and btw...
Media Ignore Rep. Issa's Alleged Criminal Past
Quote :
Rep. Darrell Issa's past includes arrests for weapons charges and auto theft, suspicions of arson, and accusations of intimidation with a gun, but you'd hardly know it from the media's recent coverage of the new chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. While Issa was substantially mentioned in 15 articles in the nation's largest newspapers since the last election -- including several major profiles -- only one of those articles mentioned any of these allegations. Likewise, interviewers did not ask Issa about his alleged criminal past in any of the cable or network interviews he sat for during that period.
A government shutdown...the answer to every GOP phony bullshit outrage.
Back to top Go down

No whining
Page 1 of 1