Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans War on Women

Go down 
+7
edge540
KarenT
UrRight
sparks
WhitingLib
Heretic
Artie60438
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/9/2012, 10:33 pm

Two things come to mind.

Quote :
Point 4: Most fundamentally, why the impulse to counter one outrageous stunt by rummaging through the archives in search of some supposedly offsetting outrageous stunt? Why not respond to an indecent act on its own terms, and then -- if there's another indecency later -- react to that too, and on its own terms?

Instead, public life is reduced to a revenge drama. Each offense is condoned by reference to some previous offense by some undefined "them" who supposedly once did something even worse, or anyway nearly as bad, at some point in the past.

But this latest Limbaugh outburst is so "piggish," to borrow a word from Peggy Noonan, as to overwhelm the revenge drama.

And

Quote :
But should she run as VP in the national election, she had damn well better be prepared to thicken her skin.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/9/2012, 11:51 pm

Heretic wrote:
Most fundamentally, why the impulse to counter one outrageous stunt by rummaging through the archives in search of some supposedly offsetting outrageous stunt? Why not respond to an indecent act on its own terms, and then -- if there's another indecency later -- react to that too, and on its own terms?

My inclusion of Maher’s “stunt” (which is putting it kindly) is not intended to “counter” anything Limbaugh has done. As I have said, ad nausaeum, I am not even mildly attempting to absolve Limbaugh for his actions. There seems to be the presence of a certain cranial density on this thread which does not allow others to grasp that fact.
As for responding to each act of indecency on its own terms, I would prefer to not attempt to catalogue Maher’s indecencies. Injuries from repetitive motion on the keyboard can be painful, I hear.

Heretic wrote:
But should she run as VP in the national election, she had damn well better be prepared to thicken her skin.

Absolutely.
And that Down Syndrome child of hers had better be prepared to thicken his skin as well, shouldn’t he?
After all, who does that pathetic little bastard think he is?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/10/2012, 10:14 am

happy jack wrote:

And that Down Syndrome child of hers had better be prepared to thicken his skin as well, shouldn’t he?
A campaign prop?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/10/2012, 10:44 am

Turns out Frothy Rick is using a special needs daughter as a campaign prop to attack the Affordable Care Act with misinformation and lies.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/26/1068510/-Santorums-using-special-needs-daughter-as-a-campaign-prop
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/10/2012, 3:55 pm

cheers Wonder who those right-wing lizards will blame now?
Rush Limbaugh Scandal Proves Contagious for Talk-Radio Advertisers
Quote :

Premiere Networks, which distributes Limbaugh as well as a host of other right-wing talkers, sent an email out to its affiliates early Friday listing 98 large corporations that have requested their ads appear only on “programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial (for example, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Leykis, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity).”

This is big. According to the radio-industry website Radio-Info.com, which first posted excerpts of the Premiere memo, among the 98 companies that have decided to no longer sponsor these programs are “carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm), and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway).” Together, these talk-radio advertising staples represent millions of dollars in revenue.

Valerie Geller, an industry insider and author of Beyond Powerful Radio, confirmed the trend. “I have talked with several reps who report that they're having conversations with their clients, who are asking not to be associated with specifically polarizing controversial hosts, particularly if those hosts are ‘mean-spirited.’ While most products and services offered on these shows have strong competitors, and enjoy purchasing the exposure that many of these shows and hosts can offer, they do not wish to be ‘tarred’ with the brush of anger, or endure customer anger, or, worse, product boycotts.”
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/10/2012, 9:59 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

A campaign prop?
Yes.
Upon learning of her pregnancy in 2007, Sarah Palin injected into her womb a secret formula designed to ensure that her child would be born with Down Syndrome. She did this just in case she was named as a presidential running mate sometime within the next year, knowing that a child with Down Syndrome would serve as a highly effective campaign prop.

It's hard to believe somebody this goddam ridiculous breathes the same air that I do.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/11/2012, 7:36 am

Artie60438 wrote:
cheers Wonder who those right-wing lizards will blame now?
Rush Limbaugh Scandal Proves Contagious for Talk-Radio Advertisers
Quote :

Premiere Networks, which distributes Limbaugh as well as a host of other right-wing talkers, sent an email out to its affiliates early Friday listing 98 large corporations that have requested their ads appear only on “programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial (for example, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Leykis, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity).”

This is big. According to the radio-industry website Radio-Info.com, which first posted excerpts of the Premiere memo, among the 98 companies that have decided to no longer sponsor these programs are “carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm), and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway).” Together, these talk-radio advertising staples represent millions of dollars in revenue.

Valerie Geller, an industry insider and author of Beyond Powerful Radio, confirmed the trend. “I have talked with several reps who report that they're having conversations with their clients, who are asking not to be associated with specifically polarizing controversial hosts, particularly if those hosts are ‘mean-spirited.’ While most products and services offered on these shows have strong competitors, and enjoy purchasing the exposure that many of these shows and hosts can offer, they do not wish to be ‘tarred’ with the brush of anger, or endure customer anger, or, worse, product boycotts.”
Anyone want to take any bets that the corporations owned by the Koch brothers will not be among the companies that are no longer willing to advertise on "hate radio"?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/11/2012, 10:28 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

A campaign prop?
[b]Yes.
Upon learning of her pregnancy in 2007, Sarah Palin injected into her womb a secret formula designed to ensure that her child would be born with Down Syndrome. She did this just in case she was named as a presidential running mate sometime within the next year, knowing that a child with Down Syndrome would serve as a highly effective campaign prop.

It's hard to believe somebody this goddam ridiculous breathes the same air that I do.
Do you even know what poor baby Trig's first job was?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/11/2012, 9:56 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Apparently, his first job was to serve as the primary object of your toddler fixation.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 10:07 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Apparently, his first job was to serve as the primary object of your toddler fixation.
So in other words you're clueless. Shocked Why am I not surprised?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 11:55 am

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Most fundamentally, why the impulse to counter one outrageous stunt by rummaging through the archives in search of some supposedly offsetting outrageous stunt? Why not respond to an indecent act on its own terms, and then -- if there's another indecency later -- react to that too, and on its own terms?

My inclusion of Maher’s “stunt” (which is putting it kindly) is not intended to “counter” anything Limbaugh has done.

I know, but Frumm's statement still rings true with your rather intense fixation on it. It's still a lazy "well Maher did it too...", like a child who just got busted for something on the playground at recess.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 3:38 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:

My inclusion of Maher’s “stunt” (which is putting it kindly) is not intended to “counter” anything Limbaugh has done.

I know, but Frumm's statement still rings true with your rather intense fixation on it. It's still a lazy "well Maher did it too...", like a child who just got busted for something on the playground at recess.

I posted this earlier in the thread. It bears repeating.

happy jack wrote:
You see, ........., the difference between you and me is that I don't approve of the language used by either party, while you apparently condone the language used by one of the parties.

All participants on this thread (other than myself) have yet to denounce any of Maher's public insults to women.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 4:36 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]All participants on this thread (other than myself) have yet to denounce any of Maher's public insults to women.
Maher is a stand-up comedian,Limbaugh isn't. Maher makes fun of political figures while Limbaugh attacked a private citizens whose only crime was wanting to testify before Congress. If Maher's comedy offends you I suggest you don't listen.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 4:46 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]All participants on this thread (other than myself) have yet to denounce any of Maher's public insults to women.
Maher is a stand-up comedian,Limbaugh isn't. Maher makes fun of political figures while Limbaugh attacked a private citizens whose only crime was wanting to testify before Congress. If Maher's comedy offends you I suggest you don't listen.

It's apparent that you and the rest of the Democrat women are on the same page.
Are your periods in sync, too?
(Oh, my stars - I'm sorry. Is that misogynistic?)

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/07/bill-maher-to-headline-democratic-fundraiser-while-obama-disses-conservative-incivility/

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/03/08/new-video-shepac-strikes-back-at-misogynist-bill-maher/
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 5:03 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Trig Palin is a political figure?
News to me.
What office is he seeking?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 6:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Apparently, his first job was to serve as the primary object of your toddler fixation.
So in other words you're clueless. Shocked Why am I not surprised?
No, in other words, I'm not obsessed with a toddler.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 7:31 pm

Heretic wrote:
It's still a lazy "well Maher did it too...", like a child who just got busted for something on the playground at recess.
If I were attempting to defend Limbaugh, you would have a point.
As it stands, however, you have none.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 7:45 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

News to me.
When did that ever happen? Show me the remark he allegedly made. While you're at it show me the quote you allege he made about some woman at Applebees. Remember?
Quote :
But the least you could do is answer the question I asked you in a previous post:
Precisely which public stratum did the woman at Applebee’s occupy?
I also asked you for proof of that allegation and so far I haven't heard a peep out you.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 8:05 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
It's still a lazy "well Maher did it too...", like a child who just got busted for something on the playground at recess.
[b]If I were attempting to defend Limbaugh, you would have a point.
Huh? Are you serious? You used an op-ed by Michelle Malkintent where she devoted all of one sentence to say she was "sorry" Limbaugh used those terms and then spent the next 12 freaking paragraghs complaining about everyone from Gloria Steinem to some obscure Wisconsin radio host by the name of John “Sly” Sylvester that they did it too..
Quote :
So says Mr up is down and night is day. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 8:22 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

News to me.
When did that ever happen? Show me the remark he allegedly made.

If I need to repeat myself for the benefit of the more slow-witted among us ....

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rusty-weiss/2010/02/18/maher-palin-s-job-fox-equivalent-talking-her-down-syndrome-baby

Maher: Palin’s Job at Fox Equivalent to Talking to Her Down Syndrome Baby
By Rusty Weiss | February 18, 2010 | 00:01

How does one prepare for an upcoming appearance by Seth MacFarlane of Family Guy fame? If you're Bill Maher, you follow up the Family Guy/Sarah Palin/Down Syndrome attack by doing an 'exclusive rant' for the Huffington Post which includes - you guessed it - a joke about Sarah Palin's son, Trig.
Maher appeals to his lower-intellect audience by stating:
"...while we were off, Sarah Palin agreed to do commentary at Fox News. Which is actually very similar to her day job - talking to a baby with Down Syndrome."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 8:29 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Huh? Are you serious? You used an op-ed by Michelle Malkintent where she devoted all of one sentence to say she was "sorry" Limbaugh used those terms and then spent the next 12 freaking paragraghs complaining about everyone from Gloria Steinem to some obscure Wisconsin radio host by the name of John “Sly” Sylvester that they did it too..
Quote :
As I told you before, I don't care one bit whether Michelle Malkin or anyone else defended Limbaugh.
I'm waiting for you to stop lying and to show me one single sentence wherein I defended Limbaugh.
One single sentence.
Doesn't it get tiring trying to keep track of your lies?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 8:46 pm

happy jack wrote:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rusty-weiss/2010/02/18/maher-palin-s-job-fox-equivalent-talking-her-down-syndrome-baby

Maher: Palin’s Job at Fox Equivalent to Talking to Her Down Syndrome Baby
By Rusty Weiss | February 18, 2010 | 00:01

How does one prepare for an upcoming appearance by Seth MacFarlane of Family Guy fame? If you're Bill Maher, you follow up the Family Guy/Sarah Palin/Down Syndrome attack by doing an 'exclusive rant' for the Huffington Post which includes - you guessed it - a joke about Sarah Palin's son, Trig.
Maher appeals to his lower-intellect audience by stating:
"...while we were off, Sarah Palin agreed to do commentary at Fox News. Which is actually very similar to her day job - talking to a baby with Down Syndrome."
The joke is making fun of Palin,not the baby,genius. But while we're on the subject of elected officials kid....Does anyone remember the attacks that were made by Limbecile on Chelsea Clinton? On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 8:51 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Quote :
As I told you before, I don't care one bit whether Michelle Malkin or anyone else defended Limbaugh.
Then why did you post the entire op-ed?
Quote :
I'm waiting for you to stop lying and to show me one single sentence wherein I defended Limbaugh.
One single sentence.
Duh! See above
Quote :
Doesn't it get tiring trying to keep track of your lies?
Sorry,but just because you insist on digging your hole deeper doesn't make what I've posted untruthful.

Now where is the alleged Applebees quote?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty3/12/2012, 11:32 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

The joke is making fun of Palin,not the baby,genius.
Artie, Artie, Artie.
Unsurprisingly, you don’t even understand the joke.
Allow me to explain it to you.
I’ll use small words whenever possible.
You see, the joke is actually making fun of Fox News viewers. Maher is saying that when Sarah Palin talks to Fox News viewers, she is speaking to an audience with the equivalent intelligence of a baby with Down Syndrome.
(Are you with me so far? Because this could get complicated.)
Now, unless Maher is attempting to pay a compliment to Fox News viewers, which I highly doubt, he is then effectively ridiculing the intelligence of Fox News viewers along with the intelligence of those who are afflicted with Down Syndrome.
(Still with me?)
Since Trig is likely to be the only baby with Down Syndrome with whom Sarah Palin speaks on a daily basis, Maher is effectively ridiculing the intelligence of Trig Palin.
You were clearly not smart enough to connect these dots before, but now that it has been explained to you, the question becomes: Are you honest enough to connect these dots?

Artie60438 wrote:
Now where is the alleged Applebees quote?
I never looked to see if there is a source for the Applebee’s quote, so I will not stand by it. But it’s a moot point anyway. As I have demonstrated above, Maher is, regardless, guilty of picking on a private citizen, and a mentally challenged child, at that. Whether or not the Applebee’s anecdote has any truth to it does not alter the fact that Maher is a supreme dick who picks on retarded children.
So, you stand corrected.
You’re welcome.

Artie60438 wrote:
But while we're on the subject of elected officials kid....Does anyone remember the attacks that were made by Limbecile on Chelsea Clinton? On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time.
Yes, I remember that, and I believed it was wrong at the time and I believe it is wrong now.
So, that is twice I have denounced statements by Limbaugh in the same thread, but I have no doubt you will continue to make a lying ass of yourself by insisting that I am defending him.
The challenge is still out there - produce one single sentence where I have defended Limbaugh on this matter.
One single sentence.
That shouldn't be too hard, should it?
Your disingenuousness and outright dishonesty in this exchange has been nothing short of astounding, even by your bottom-of-the-barrel standards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
Page 7 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next