Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans War on Women

Go down 
+7
edge540
KarenT
UrRight
sparks
WhitingLib
Heretic
Artie60438
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 9:48 am

Oh, but it's different when the tables are turned..

.5:39 PM, Mar 5, 2012 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/will-obama-super-pac-return-misogynist-bill-mahers-million-dollar-donation_633200.html

Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation?

In response to the media firestorm surrounding Rush Limbaugh's insulting comments about Democratic activist Sandra Fluke (comments for which Limbaugh apologized), Kirsten Powers writes about the liberal men who have used misogynistic rhetoric without facing the same outrage. Powers notes that "the grand pooh-bah of media misogyny is without a doubt Bill Maher—who also happens to be a favorite of liberals—who has given $1 million to President Obama’s super PAC." She continues:

More by John McCormack
The High Price of ‘Free’ Health Care
Schumer & Reid: Republicans for Blunt Amendment are ...
Capitol Hill Memo: Debunking False Claims About the ...
Romney Supports Conscience Bill
Kelly Ayotte: Democrats Falsely Claim Women Will Lose ...

Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, “Don't show me your tits!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: “And by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”

Former White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton, the man who runs Obama's super PAC, did not reply when asked if he will be returning Maher's $1 million donation.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 9:50 am

Of course he's not going to return Maher's $1 million donation.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 10:16 am

UrRight wrote:
Big difference he's a comedian not a radio announcer...
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 10:29 am

UrRight wrote:

That's right, why should they?
Maher is not the the leader of the Democratic Party. Dem politicians are not afraid of Maher and do not take their marching orders from him nor do they bow down and kiss his feet.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 11:25 am

chuckmo48 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

edge540 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Maher is not the the leader of the Democratic Party. Dem politicians are not afraid of Maher and do not take their marching orders from him nor do they bow down and kiss his feet.

If the hypocrisy wasn’t so blatantly stupid, it would almost be funny.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 2:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 2:51 pm

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Gross
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

It's pretty astounding how much conservatives are getting wrong. You'll notice that absolutely none of these idiots recognize that birth control is an actual medical treatment rather than a get out of pregnancy free card. And its just weird that in a scenario where an employer telling its private, for-profit insurance company "I don't want you covering these services for my employees because it offends my religious beliefs, even though it will cost you money", the employer is the persecuted one.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 3:13 pm

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

edge540 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

I don't remember Maher being the keynote speaker of any democratic convention or the Dem leaders ever using his name like the rethugs do...
Quote :
Feminism is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love the women's movement — especially when walking behind it." --Rush Limbaugh,
Quote :
"The phony soldiers." --Rush Limbaugh, on U.S. service members who support withdrawal from Iraq
Quote :
We're not sexists, we're chauvinists -- we're male chauvinist pigs, and we're happy to be because we think that's what men were destined to be. --Rush Limbaugh
Quote :
You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.--Rush Limbaugh
Quote :
Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller). --Rush Limbaugh
All of the W.O.R.M.S. (White Old Racist Male Syndrome) are freaking out because they see their hold over the US is slipping away and they just have to be louder and more crass to be heard...
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 4:36 pm

Not only did Stewart hit it out of the park so did Colbert.
Stephen Colbert Calls Rush Limbaugh A 'Poster Boy For Contraception'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/06/stephen-colbert-rush-limbaugh-sandra-fluke_n_1323697.html

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 5:26 pm

chuckmo48 wrote:
You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.--Rush Limbaugh

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

chuckmo48 wrote:
I don't remember Maher being the keynote speaker of any democratic convention or the Dem leaders ever using his name like the rethugs do...

And I don’t remember Rush Limbaugh giving one million dollars to a sitting U.S. president, a president who gladly accepted the cash, and a president who also blithely looked the other way as his donor said things such as ….

Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, “Don't show me your tits!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: “And by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”

…. and a president who never demanded, nor even suggested, that his big money donor apologize for or retract the statements he made.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 6:25 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b]And I don’t remember Rush Limbaugh giving one million dollars to a sitting U.S. president, a president who gladly accepted the cash, and a president who also blithely looked the other way as his donor said things such as ….
The Limbecile has been carrying water for the Repukes for the last 23+ years. 3 hours a day,5 days a week, on over 600 radio stations. How much you think that's worth? Hundreds of millions perhaps,billions maybe? No matter how outrageous his comments,as ChuckMo pointed out earlier,the Repubs just lap it up,bow down to their master,and defend him at any cost,just like you're doing now.

Whatever jokes Maher might have made they were directed at Public figures,usually after they said something crazy, and not a private citizen like Ms Fluke who simply wanted to express her views to a Congressional committee.

You and your ilk keep trying to defend that idiot while the rest of us will be just sitting back and enjoying watching you hurl yourselves off the cliff.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/6/2012, 7:43 pm

If I must repeat myself in order to accommodate the more slow-witted among us, then repeat myself I must:

And I don’t remember Rush Limbaugh giving one million dollars to a sitting U.S. president, a president who gladly accepted the cash, and a president who also blithely looked the other way as his donor said things such as ….

…. and a president who never demanded, nor even suggested, that his big money donor apologize for or retract the statements he made.

Artie60438 wrote:
Whatever jokes Maher might have made they were directed at Public figures
And precisely which public stratum did the woman at Applebee’s occupy?

Artie60438 wrote:
You and your ilk keep trying to defend that idiot while the rest of us will be just sitting back and enjoying watching you hurl yourselves off the cliff.
I have not defended what he said even once.
Please stop lying, if that is at all possible.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 5:07 am

happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
[b]I have not defended what he said even once.
What you and the rest of the lunatic right are doing, quite unsuccessfully I might add,is desperately trying to mitigate the damage done to your minister of propaganda by playing the old "What about that guy card" and trying to compare a stand-up comedian to a political commentator who is a professional shill for the Republican party.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 8:13 am

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

chuckmo48 wrote:

She is a public/political figure...the other was a private citizen...Geez look at the names you and the rest of the rethugs have called the president...
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 8:38 am

Whenever Sarah Palin was mocked for her stupidity and ignorance I distinctly remember how her valiant defenders would hysterically proclaim she's a "private citizen."
Quote :
"edge:
Why do you feel the need to trash a private citizen in your signature line?"
Facsinating how those same people have a blind eye now when it comes to a 30 year old female college law student- a private citizen.
Never mind that Sarah Palin was not and is not a "private citizen." That was a lie.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 10:49 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
What you and the rest of the lunatic right are doing, quite unsuccessfully I might add,is desperately trying to mitigate the damage done to your minister of propaganda by playing the old "What about that guy card" and trying to compare a stand-up comedian to a political commentator who is a professional shill for the Republican party.
I guess there is nothing I can do if you choose to continue to lie by claiming that I am defending, or have ever defended, Limbaugh on this issue. Lying apppears to be your default position whenever the facts don't suit your argument.
But the least you could do is answer the question I asked you in a previous post:
Precisely which public stratum did the woman at Applebee’s occupy?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 11:04 am

chuckmo48 wrote:

She is a public/political figure...the other was a private citizen...Geez look at the names you and the rest of the rethugs have called the president...
You see, chuckles, the difference between you and me is that I don't approve of the language used by either party, while you apparently condone the language used by one of the parties. But, such is the moral equivalency so often employed by the liberal, and I have come to expect nothing less.
Refresh my memory - what names have I called the president?
And, more to the point, from which mass media pulpit did I speak?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 11:45 am

Quote :

"your sensitive, whiny little Messiah" ring a bell?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 12:22 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :

"your sensitive, whiny little Messiah" ring a bell?
Of course it rings a bell.
But that is not name-calling - that is what's known as a 'description'.
I was not portraying him falsely or inaccurately, simply describing him. I don't recall in which particular topic or thread I happened to use that term; perhaps you could pull up the entire exchange so I can explain it in its proper context.
At any rate, my remark was made for the consumption of those on this forum, not for the consumption of the national/international media. I highly doubt that Barry was aware of my statement, but if I made him (or you) cry, I am truly sorry, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize right now, before I lose any more sponsors.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 1:04 pm

happy jack wrote:
But that is not name-calling - that is what's known as a 'description'.

Um... Most names used pejoratively are descriptive in nature. That's kind of why it works... Unless you're trying to say I haven't insulted every global warming skeptic, 9/11 twoofer, or creationist every time I use the phrase "mental midget" in discussions with them since I'm merely "describing" their diminished mental capacity.

happy jack wrote:
I don't recall in which particular topic or thread I happened to use that term...

Seriously? Your memory is terrible.

http://www.werefree.org/t300-obama-draft-order-calls-for-closing-guantanamo-bay
http://www.werefree.org/t323-irritated-obama-stares-down-reporter-during-press-corps-visit
http://www.werefree.org/t443-nancy-pelosi-s-harvest-mouse
http://www.werefree.org/t726p20-obama-insults-half-of-the-country
http://www.werefree.org/t469-chimp-in-chief
http://www.werefree.org/t318p20-rush-says-i-hope-obama-fails
http://www.werefree.org/t431p40-the-sneaky-bastards-are-trying-to-pull-one-over-on-us-again
http://www.werefree.org/t374-rendition-20-messiah-style

For starters.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 2:17 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
I guess there is nothing I can do if you choose to continue to lie by claiming that I am defending, or have ever defended, Limbaugh on this issue. Lying apppears to be your default position whenever the facts don't suit your argument.
Lying? Exactly what was your point in bringing Bill Maher into a discussion about Rush Limbaugh if not to defend him?
Quote :
But the least you could do is answer the question I asked you in a previous post:
Precisely which public stratum did the woman at Applebee’s occupy?
I'll answer as soon as you show me an actual transcript or video of what he allegedly said.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 4:35 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
I don't recall in which particular topic or thread I happened to use that term...

Seriously? Your memory is terrible.

http://www.werefree.org/t300-obama-draft-order-calls-for-closing-guantanamo-bay
http://www.werefree.org/t323-irritated-obama-stares-down-reporter-during-press-corps-visit
http://www.werefree.org/t443-nancy-pelosi-s-harvest-mouse
http://www.werefree.org/t726p20-obama-insults-half-of-the-country
http://www.werefree.org/t469-chimp-in-chief
http://www.werefree.org/t318p20-rush-says-i-hope-obama-fails
http://www.werefree.org/t431p40-the-sneaky-bastards-are-trying-to-pull-one-over-on-us-again
http://www.werefree.org/t374-rendition-20-messiah-style

For starters.

Your links have shown me to have used the term ‘Messiah’ several times, which I never denied doing. The term I questioned edge about was the term ‘whiny, sensitive little Messiah’, a phrase I do not recall using, although I’m not denying ever having used it. I just wanted him to point out where, and in what context, I used it.
Happy?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 4:39 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Lying? Exactly what was your point in bringing Bill Maher into a discussion about Rush Limbaugh if not to defend him?

I have not defended Limbaugh on this issue even once, (no matter how much you might want it to be so) so you may stop lying about it any time now (if, that is, it is even possible for you to stop lying). My point in bringing Maher into the discussion was not to defend Limbaugh, but to point out the disparity in public outrage, dependent upon whether the ox being gored resides on the left side or the right side of the barnyard.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 6:39 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]I have not defended Limbaugh on this issue even once, (no matter how much you might want it to be so) so you may stop lying about it any time now (if, that is, it is even possible for you to stop lying). My point in bringing Maher into the discussion was not to defend Limbaugh, but to point out the disparity in public outrage, dependent upon whether the ox being gored resides on the left side or the right side of the barnyard.
That is what's known as introducing a "mitigating factor". They are commonly used by defense lawyers to lessen the severity of a sentence or to reduce charges..
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty3/7/2012, 6:49 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]I have not defended Limbaugh on this issue even once, (no matter how much you might want it to be so) so you may stop lying about it any time now (if, that is, it is even possible for you to stop lying). My point in bringing Maher into the discussion was not to defend Limbaugh, but to point out the disparity in public outrage, dependent upon whether the ox being gored resides on the left side or the right side of the barnyard.
That is what's known as introducing a "mitigating factor". They are commonly used by defense lawyers to lessen the severity of a sentence or to reduce charges..
It is most decidedly not a "mitigating factor".
The only reason I would feel the need to introduce a "mitigating factor" is if I were defending the statements of either Maher or Limbaugh, which I am not.
Stop lying, please.
Thanks in advance!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
Page 5 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next