Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

Go down 
+3
KarenT
sparks
Artie60438
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty
PostSubject: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty2/2/2012, 10:43 pm

Duh!
Quote :
Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes.

The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty2/4/2012, 6:14 am

I think this is something liberals already know. How about a study that shows liberals have a better sense of humor too?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty2/4/2012, 9:22 am

Conservatives have a sense of humor????
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty2/4/2012, 10:19 am

KarenT wrote:
A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar ....
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty2/5/2012, 3:09 am

happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar ....

Sounds pretty painful.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty2/6/2012, 10:24 pm

sparks wrote:
I think this is something liberals already know. How about a study that shows liberals have a better sense of humor too?

I don't know about better, but they do have a hard time distinguishing satire from reality. There was that study from a while back that showed they didn't realize the Colbert Report was a fake show. And now there's a similar instance with a news story from the Onion:

Quote :
Congressman Falls for The Onion's Planned Parenthood 'Abortionplex' Story

Meet John Fleming, the unfortunate Republican U.S. Representative from Louisiana who made that wonderful and all-too-common mistake of thinking that an Onion article was real and telling his Facebook followers to read it. Fleming's Facebook status was posted by Literally Unbelievable, a Tumblr that collects images of Facebookers who think Onion satires are the real deal and post them on their walls.

Not terribly surprising. So little of their arguments are based on facts, logic, or reason, so it goes without saying that at some point they're going to have a hard time differentiating their own bullshit from others. Add to that Poe's Law, and they're at an even bigger disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty2/7/2012, 7:37 pm

Heretic wrote:
sparks wrote:

I don't know about better, but they do have a hard time distinguishing satire from reality. There was that study from a while back that showed they didn't realize the Colbert Report was a fake show. And now there's a similar instance with a news story from the Onion

Quote :
Congressman Falls for The Onion's Planned Parenthood 'Abortionplex' Story
Heard about it yesterday...laughed my ass off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism   Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: