Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22

Go down 
+5
Heretic
happy jack
chuckmo48
WhitingLib
Artie60438
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/27/2011, 4:17 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

There is no chance of me ever posting there ....
I know that.
Artie60438 has been banned from that forum.
Well then I guess I can't answer you there,can I? So are you now going to answer my question?
If the election were held today what announced candidate would you vote for?
Mitch Daniels

Not to belabor the point, Artie, but why should Jack have to choose from the "announced candidates" at this point? Do you honestly believe that the field is set?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/27/2011, 6:08 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Not to belabor the point, Artie, but why should Jack have to choose from the "announced candidates" at this point? Do you honestly believe that the field is set?
I don't know. When was the last time a candidate jumped in later than 4 months before the 1st primary? That's where where we are now. The thing is that if someone has announced over and over,again that they have no interest in running,never sets up an exploratory committee,and never does anything to even suggest the possibility of a run that it's a pretty safe bet they're not ever going to run.

This isn't the first time he's done it. He did the exact same thing in 2008 and that's why I made an issue about it. It's a dodge,plain and simple. The righties are never bashful when it comes to criticizing Obama,but ask them who they're for and they scatter like roaches when you shine a light on them.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 12:52 am

Artie60438 wrote:
The thing is that if someone has announced over and over,again that they have no interest in running,never sets up an exploratory committee,and never does anything to even suggest the possibility of a run that it's a pretty safe bet they're not ever going to run.
You’re probably right.
But who are you talking about?

Artie60438 wrote:
This isn't the first time he's done it. He did the exact same thing in 2008 and that's why I made an issue about it. It's a dodge,plain and simple.
It occurs to me that you wouldn’t need to track my life over the course of three or four years if you had an actual one of your own.
Perhaps you should look into getting one.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 8:15 am

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 8:44 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
The thing is that if someone has announced over and over,again that they have no interest in running,never sets up an exploratory committee,and never does anything to even suggest the possibility of a run that it's a pretty safe bet they're not ever going to run.
[b]You’re probably right.
But who are you talking about?
Mitch Daniels and Chris Christie

Artie60438 wrote:
This isn't the first time he's done it. He did the exact same thing in 2008 and that's why I made an issue about it. It's a dodge,plain and simple.
Quote :
[b]It occurs to me that you wouldn’t need to track my life over the course of three or four years if you had an actual one of your own.
Perhaps you should look into getting one.
Well at least you didn't deny it. My deepest apology for having a photographic memory.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 12:55 pm

The Stewart clip that Heretic posted sums things up pretty well.

It's all pretty surreal, isn't it? It looks like the GOP is going through some kind of identity crisis. The only thing that they seem to strongly agree about is their hatred of the President. (and taxes of any kind, of course)

I can certainly understand the dissatisfaction with the current crop of candidates. Huntsman is probably the best choice if the GOP wants to attract independents. But he has virtually no support among the party faithful.

I found a couple of interesting articles about all of this...

Why the GOP stills yearns for a 2012 savior: 4 theories

The lessons behind the incessant Christie scuttlebutt

Quote :
If I were a major GOP insider asked to choose between the unlikable flip-flopper, the dimwitted governor, the wild-eyed conspiracy theorist, the disgraced former Speaker, the guy who ran a pizza company, the radical libertarian, and the former Obama administration official, I too might be asking myself, “Who else can we reach out to?”
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 4:01 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Actually, I don’t recall doing any such thing.
Could you provide some of my own quotes to that effect, please?
At any rate, who, precisely, would I be dodging? As I said earlier, I do not care a whit about the opinion of some Internet pissant.

Artie60438 wrote:
My deepest apology for having a photographic memory.
You should be apologizing for having a faulty memory, not a photographic one.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 5:47 pm

Scorpion wrote:

It's all pretty surreal, isn't it? It looks like the GOP is going through some kind of identity crisis. The only thing that they seem to strongly agree about is their hatred of the President. (and taxes of any kind, of course)

I can certainly understand the dissatisfaction with the current crop of candidates. Huntsman is probably the best choice if the GOP wants to attract independents. But he has virtually no support among the party faithful.
Wait until they get to know Christie better. I'm sure their bigot base will be thrilled to know he believes in a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants,believes in climate change,and thinks these idiots who keep crying about Sharia Law being imposed are lunatics.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 6:11 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[b]Actually, I don’t recall doing any such thing.
Could you provide some of my own quotes to that effect, please?
No can do since the Times board went down and with it all your posts,but you probably knew that.
We'll see how you behave this time around. From time to time I'll revisit the issue to see if you've made your choice.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 6:19 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Wait until they get to know Christie better. I'm sure their bigot base will be thrilled to know he believes in a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants,believes in climate change,and thinks these idiots who keep crying about Sharia Law being imposed are lunatics.

I really don't expect Christie to run this time around. He's better off waiting for the Republicans to realize that being a moderate is what wins elections... especially Presidential elections.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 7:17 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

We'll see how you behave this time around. From time to time I'll revisit the issue to see if you've made your choice.

I have until May to make my decision.
Ask me every hour on the hour, for all I care.
You apparently have nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 9:13 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]I have until May to make my decision.
Fine but it kind of dilutes your attacks on Obama when you won't even admit who you're supporting. I'm sure by May,Rush will instruct you on who to publicly support.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 9:15 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]I have until May to make my decision.
Fine but it kind of dilutes your attacks on Obama when you won't even admit who you're supporting. I'm sure by May,Rush will instruct you on who to publicly support. Here's a less difficult question: Are there any of the announced candidates that you wouldn't vote for?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/28/2011, 10:46 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Fine but it kind of dilutes your attacks on Obama when you won't even admit who you're supporting.

Actually, it does nothing of the kind.
I hope you realize that your statement makes no sense whatsoever.
I posted the below earlier, and I have been saying the same thing for weeks, if not months.
Maybe one of these days it will sink in, but probably not.

I don't know how many times or in how many ways I need to answer your question.
As long as the field is not closed, I will not make a decision.

Artie60438 wrote:
Here's a less difficult question: Are there any of the announced candidates that you wouldn't vote for?
Well, of course there are announced candidates for whom I would not vote, namely, the ones who are left over after I ultimately decide which candidate I choose to support. After all, I am allowed only one vote, aren’t I?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/29/2011, 11:21 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Fine but it kind of dilutes your attacks on Obama when you won't even admit who you're supporting.

[b]Actually, it does nothing of the kind.
I see it went over your head. Sorry about that.
Quote :
I posted the below earlier, and I have been saying the same thing for weeks, if not months.
Quote :
Maybe one of these days it will sink in, but probably not.[

Translation: I will continue to weasel out of giving an answer until Rush,Hannity,and Fixed News tells me who to support.

Artie60438 wrote:
Here's a less difficult question: Are there any of the announced candidates that you wouldn't vote for?
Quote :
[b]Well, of course there are announced candidates for whom I would not vote, namely, the ones who are left over after I ultimately decide which candidate I choose to support. After all, I am allowed only one vote, aren’t I?
I think that's your credibility I see going down the proverbial drain. Well played.
Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Rofl
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/29/2011, 3:53 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Actually, it does nothing of the kind.
I see it went over your head. Sorry about that.
Quote :
Quote :
Maybe one of these days it will sink in, but probably not.[

Translation: I will continue to weasel out of giving an answer until Rush,Hannity,and Fixed News tells me who to support.

Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :
[b]Well, of course there are announced candidates for whom I would not vote, namely, the ones who are left over after I ultimately decide which candidate I choose to support. After all, I am allowed only one vote, aren’t I?
I think that's your credibility I see going down the proverbial drain. Well played.
Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Rofl

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that you have the upper hand in some sort of ongoing debate when, in fact, there is none. You have been asking me questions, and I have been answering you in an entirely truthful manner. The fact that you do not like my answers has nothing to do with my credibility, and everything to do with your obtuseness. Now, there is something I’ve been curious about: With all of your waking hours being consumed worrying about my preferred candidate, drooling over the circumstances of the fiery death of a lonely woman, and fantasizing about Trig Palin, how are you able to find any time in your day to tend to the issues of basic personal hygiene?
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/29/2011, 8:39 pm

I think you are wasting your time. Some people can't be enlightened.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/29/2011, 9:47 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
I think you are wasting your time. Some people can't be enlightened.
You're right. Attempting to reason with a low information voter is a big waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/30/2011, 8:46 am

happy jack wrote:

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that you have the upper hand in some sort of ongoing debate when, in fact, there is none.

When you dodge every single question regarding the 2012 GOP candidates you lose credibility. You're fine with all the candidates? Rolling Eyes Gimme a break

Quote :
The fact that you do not like my answers has nothing to do with my credibility, and everything to do with your obtuseness. Now, there is something I’ve been curious about: With all of your waking hours being consumed worrying about my preferred candidate, drooling over the circumstances of the fiery death of a lonely woman, and fantasizing about Trig Palin, how are you able to find any time in your day to tend to the issues of basic personal hygiene?
Like clockwork,when you paint yourself into a corner you respond with a ridiculous personal attack. Sleep
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/30/2011, 9:01 am

I wouldn't speculate on who to vote for at this point, because it's too early.

I don't like any candidate so far.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/30/2011, 9:22 am

Tell you the truth, the way the GOP candidates are campaigning, they seem to be trying to copy Obama's style he used, while campaigning.

It stinks that they think they can "act" the way they do. I did like the hopes and dreams stuff, but sounded too good to be true.

The fact that the GOP has lost it's "act", I don't like any of them.

I actually think because I haven't seen anything to entice me to vote, I just may sit it out and not vote for either Demo or Repo, or Independo. I'll leave it up to the illegals.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/30/2011, 11:42 am

UrRight wrote:
I wouldn't speculate on who to vote for at this point, because it's too early.
I don't like any candidate so far.
Thanks for being honest about it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty9/30/2011, 3:25 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that you have the upper hand in some sort of ongoing debate when, in fact, there is none.

When you dodge every single question regarding the 2012 GOP candidates you lose credibility. You're fine with all the candidates? Rolling Eyes Gimme a break

Quote :
The fact that you do not like my answers has nothing to do with my credibility, and everything to do with your obtuseness. Now, there is something I’ve been curious about: With all of your waking hours being consumed worrying about my preferred candidate, drooling over the circumstances of the fiery death of a lonely woman, and fantasizing about Trig Palin, how are you able to find any time in your day to tend to the issues of basic personal hygiene?
Like clockwork,when you paint yourself into a corner you respond with a ridiculous personal attack. Sleep

First of all, I have not dodged any single question regarding the 2012 candidates. As a matter of fact, I have answered your question time and time and time and time again, so, by insisting that I have dodged your question, you are the one who loses credibility. (Let me amend that – you would lose credibility if you had any to begin with.)
As to your claim that I have painted myself into a corner? Well, while I have been truthfully answering your question over and over again, and while you have been lying about that fact over and over again by claiming that I haven’t, it is somewhat absurd for you to claim that I have painted myself into a corner because, as is clear, the conversation has been running in circles and, as such, it is quite impossible to locate a corner. Along with being socially and intellectually challenged, are you also geometrically challenged?
And as far as your claim of a “personal attack”?
It is not an attack – it is a quite accurate observation, followed by what I will concede is a personal question.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty10/1/2011, 9:18 am

happy jack wrote:

[b]First of all, I have not dodged any single question regarding the 2012 candidates.
Really? How about your song and dance request about me posting the question on the troll board?

You've also dodged other questions here many times. In fact you've been called out by others for starting topics,looking for opinions,but not offering your own. To me it looks like the shoe fits.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty10/1/2011, 1:34 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

First of all, I have not dodged any single question regarding the 2012 candidates.
Really? How about your song and dance request about me posting the question on the troll board?
Sorry, sonnyboy, but that dodge belongs to you and you alone - dodging the fact that you cannot bring yourself to admit that you are banned from that forum.
Seriously, Artie - I have long ago answered your question. Why can't you just acknowledge that fact, and also acknowledge the fact that you have been banned from the other forum? Continuing to deny those facts makes you appear even sillier and more dense than everyone already knows you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22   Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox Freakshow GOP Debate Highlights 09/22
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next