Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Voter Identification

Go down 
+6
Robin Banks
Heretic
Artie60438
Scorpion
KarenT
happy jack
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty3/22/2012, 1:27 pm

UrRight wrote:
There is no excuse for those that turned 18. School I.D.s can be used, birth certificate and social security card, and most school or all school I.D.s have your picture on it.
Except wingnut states like Texas don't even want to accept that,...
As this column has noted in the past, Texas Senate Bill 14 fails to meet that requirement. The DOJ decided that the law would disenfranchise Hispanic voters. The proposed bill would oblige voters to show a photo ID in order to cast a ballot. Previously acceptable documents such as a student ID, birth certificate or voter registration card would no longer be adequate. According to the data that Texas itself provided to the DOJ; Hispanic registered voters are at least 49 percent less likely — and potentially as much as 120 percent less likely — to possess a qualifying ID. Students and the elderly are also statistically less likely to possess the required identification.
http://thedailycougar.com/2012/03/21/voter-id-bill-disenfranchises/
Quote :
Voter fraud is the reason these politicians, even the POTUS got fake votes. Remember ACORN?
Yeah I do.
There were a few isolated instances of Voter REGISTRATION Fraud. Employees falsified registrations in order to get paid for work they didn't do. None of that resulted in actual voter fraud where someone not eligible to vote voted.

Since all I've heard so far is the sound of crickets after I posted this..
Quote :
Here's a challenge to all you conservatives who want to claim voter suppression isn't occuring: Show me some examples of Republicans willingly making it easier for people to vote.
Here's another challenge: Show us some instances of widespread voter fraud :bball:
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty3/22/2012, 1:27 pm

UrRight wrote:

Voter fraud is the reason these politicians, even the POTUS got fake votes. Remember ACORN?
Bullshit.
There is NO evidence of wide spread voter fraud. ACORN? Yeah I remember ACORN was vindicated of any wrong doing.
http://www.urbanmyths.com/index.php?/Politics/acorn-alert-the-great-myth-of-voter-fraud.html

Quote :
In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud

Published: April 12, 2007

By ERIC LIPTON and IAN URBINA

WASHINGTON, April 11 — Five years after the Bush administration began a crackdown on voter fraud, the Justice Department has turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to skew federal elections, according to court records and interviews.

Conservatives hate facts.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty4/2/2012, 4:16 pm

Texas Tries To Keep Voter ID Debate Secret
Quote :
The state of Texas wants the discussions their Republican legislators had about passing a voter ID law to stay secret.

Texas, which sued the federal government in an attempt to have their voter ID law approved, said in a court filing last month that “communications between members of the state legislature, communications between state legislators and their staff, and communications between state legislators and their constituents” should be protected by legislative privilege. The state also tried to prevent officials with the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division from deposing legislators who supported the voter ID legislation known as SB 14.

The Justice Department is objecting to Texas’ voter ID law under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, a statute which requires states with a history of discrimination to have changes to their voting laws precleared by federal officials. Texas is arguing they shouldn’t have to turn over material about their deliberations even though the state has the burden of proving the law doesn’t have a discriminatory purpose or effect.
Gee,What on earth would they possibly be trying to hide?
Quote :
Texas likely has good reason to want to keep their internal communications on the voter ID law under wraps: emails uncovered in the course of a suit over Texas redistricting maps showed that members of Congress tried to dilute the impact of Hispanic voters
by spreading them out between their districts.by spreading them out between their districts.

“I would think that the fact that embarrassing and problematic
information came out in the Texas redistricting case… would make them
want to keep embarrassing info out,” Bagenstos said.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty4/2/2012, 10:39 pm

Here's another challenge: Show us some instances of widespread voter fraud

You don't remember "ACORN"?

Ah, will check back in the a.m. with th stories and such. What is so DAMN hard of showing who the hell you are when you vote? Why not have honest votes. If people have to sxhow their azz to get food stamps and housing, free gas, etc., why can't they show the proper crap when voting. I get suspicisious when something so simple is challenged by people.

How the hell do they get public aid, SSI or whatever without a photo I.D. So anyone can apply for social security, a drivers license without some credible evidence???

Acorn..wow, you that forgetful? Ok throw the other states in that don't require photo id's and tell me there isn't an epidemic.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty4/2/2012, 10:44 pm

ONLY 25% of the people voted in IL. A weeek ago. Wow, that's sick.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty4/3/2012, 12:04 am

UrRight wrote:

Here's another challenge: Show us some instances of widespread voter fraud

You don't remember "ACORN"?

Acorn..wow, you that forgetful? Ok throw the other states in that don't require photo id's and tell me there isn't an epidemic.
The one who's forgetful is YOU!!! I rebutted this 10 days ago when you made the same silly accusation.

Quote :
There were a few isolated instances of Voter REGISTRATION Fraud. Employees falsified registrations in order to get paid for work they didn't do. None of that resulted in actual voter fraud where someone not eligible to vote voted.

Congressional report clears ACORN of wrongdoing — after group forced to disband
Quote :
The agency also found the Federal Election Commission had closed all investigations into voter fraud by the group.

“The FEC identified four closed matters that involved allegations that ACORN or potentially related organizations violated the Federal Election Campaign Act.28.  For each of these matters, the FEC determined that there was no evidence that such violations occurred.”

The GAO report said that of six FBI investigations into ACORN-related voter fraud all had been dropped because of lack of evidence. Only cases against individuals working for ACORN were prosecuted.
Now please give it a rest already!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty4/14/2012, 4:59 pm

This week in the War on Voting: Texas tea partiers indicted for voter fraud
Quote :
In the news this week, James O'Keefe was at it again, proving that voter fraud is a fever-dream of the far right. But alert Kossack rm1948 sent a tip on a story that shows voter fraud isn't just a Republican stunt to try to prove that it's a problem: it's a governing strategy for the Right. The story comes from Montgomery County, Texas.

Quote :
More than a year since a state district judge ruled 10 Montgomery County residents voted fraudulently in a Woodlands election, a grand jury last week indicted seven of those individuals for illegal voting.

The indictments stem from the May 8, 2010, election of The Woodlands Road Utility District No. 1. Ten individuals listed their voter registration address as that of a hotel in order to take control of the RUD board.

Former Montgomery County Judge candidate Adrian Heath heads the list of people charged with the third-degree felony. Heath declined comment, saying he was looking into hiring an attorney. [...]

According to indictments released by the Texas Attorney General’s Office, the defendants voted in an election they knew they were not eligible to vote.

Heath is also a tea party activist, and (this is perfect) judicial candidate. The group decided that they were afraid that someday the Woodlands Road Utility District would decide to start taxing residents of the area, instead of just commercial businesses, so he engineered an electoral coup, and a conspiracy to commit voter fraud.

(Kossack rm1948 says that the same crew of fraudsters was behind a local controversy to have a fig leaf placed strategically on a replica of the Statue of David that was on top of a sporting good store, where it could only be seen with binoculars. Oh, and putting plaques reading "In God We Trust" in county libraries, too.)

So, there you go O'Keefe. Voter fraud truly does exist. That's probably the most indictments on a voter fraud conspiracy in years. Perpetrated by teabaggers. Who else?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty5/6/2012, 12:32 pm

Well,well,well,what do we have here?....
Quote :
GOP Voter Registration Firm Turns in Thousands of 'Invalid' Registration Forms in California
Long history of Republican registration fraud continues, dwarfs allegations against ACORN workers...

You're unlikely to hear a peep about this on Fox "News" (unless they happen to have me on), but the California Secretary of State's Election Fraud Division is now reportedly investigating a firm hired by the Sacramento County Republican Party said to have submitted thousands of fraudulent voter registration forms.

According to a report today from Sacramento ABC affiliate News10 [see video posted below], a private, for-profit firm calling itself Momentum Political Services, hired by the local Republican Party "to boost GOP registration ranks in key battleground communities" has turned in more than 3,100 invalid voter registration cards during their recent drive.

Voter registration forms have allegedly been turned in with fake addresses, voter names that don't exist, duplicate Social Security numbers, and party affiliations that seem to have been changed "by someone" to Republican. The head of the firm has admitted she has hired workers with criminal backgrounds, as found via Craigslist.

The charges of serial voter registration fraud sound very similar to those leveled in 2008 against another outfit hired by the California State GOP to register Republican voters before that year's Presidential election. In that case, the head of the firm was arrested, and eventually pleaded guilty to voter registration charges himself.

In 2006, another firm hired by the CA Republican Party turned in thousands of registration forms with fake names and an error rate as high as 60 percent. And in 2004, a firm hired by the GOP was investigated in a number of states for shredding Democratic voter registrations and tossing them into dumpsters. Despite those allegations, the same folks were later hired by the McCain/Palin campaign in 2008 to run voter registration drives before the Presidential election.

Of course, you probably haven't heard of any of those stories, even while you've heard plenty about a handful of ACORN workers --- no actual ACORN officials, mind you, and they were never hired by the Democratic Party, and never led to a fraudulent vote --- turning in fraudulent registration forms in past years.

But nobody who ever worked for the non-profit ACORN has ever been accused of what these Republican firms continue to do on behalf of the Republican officials who hire them, paying them per Republican registration, year after year, as is once again apparent in the allegations surfacing today against Momentum Political Services...
More @ http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9291
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty5/13/2012, 1:20 am

Voter Identification - Page 9 Texas-voter-fraud-cartoon1

We call that "statistically insignificant."
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/25/2012, 9:05 pm

Saying what we all knew:

Quote :
We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we’ve talked about for years,” said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.

Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.

Establishing a campaign that actually appeals to a majority of voters? Not done. So fuck 'em; let's make sure they won't vote.

It never had anything to do with voter fraud.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/26/2012, 4:32 pm

Texas GOP Platform Calls For Repealing Voting Rights Act Of 1965
Quote :
The Republican Party of Texas released its platform this month, calling on Congress to repeal the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. “We urge that the Voter [sic] Rights Act of 1965 codified and updated in 1973 be repealed and not reauthorized,” the platform reads. Texas is one of nine states with a history of racial discrimination that must get clearance from the Department of Justice before altering its voting laws.
I'm speechless Shocked
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/26/2012, 6:29 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I'm speechless Shocked
.... and non-hearing impaired people the world over are grateful.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/26/2012, 8:17 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
I'm speechless Shocked
[b].... and non-hearing impaired people the world over are grateful.
Still too difficult to form an opinion,troll? How sad Sad
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/26/2012, 8:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
I'm speechless Shocked
[b].... and non-hearing impaired people the world over are grateful.
Still too difficult to form an opinion,troll? How sad Sad
I have formed an opinion.
Read my previous post.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/26/2012, 11:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
Read my previous post.

You mean your pompous ass argument that "I'm not asking anyone to do anything more than I do?"

The simple fact of the matter is that ignores the reality that the less well off among us don't have Photo IDs, and will not be able to get them.

As far as "reading previous posts," I suggest that you take the time to re-examine all the evidence that has been presented to you on a silver platter in this thread and re-evaluate your "opinion."
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 7:56 am

Quote :
"Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done."
Voter suppression along with Citizens United proves that republicans are interested in only one thing: gaining power by subverting democracy.
They will influence and manipulate the electoral process by suppressing the vote and unlimited amounts of money.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 8:08 am

edge540 wrote:
They will influence and manipulate the electoral process by suppressing the vote and unlimited amounts of money.

Correction: They will influence and manipulate the electoral process by suppressing the vote and unlimited amounts of non-union money.

When unions do it, it's bad. When corporations do it, it's free speech.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 8:21 am

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 8:34 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Read my previous post.

You mean your pompous ass argument that "I'm not asking anyone to do anything more than I do?"

The simple fact of the matter is that ignores the reality that the less well off among us don't have Photo IDs, and will not be able to get them.

That Ivory Tower clearly ends somewhere in the stratosphere. And is an opinion really "formed" if it's merely regurgitated nearly word for word from the Fox News broadcast from the night before?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 9:34 am

Rick Scott has secret purge list of 180,000 'non-eligible' voters
Quote :
Florida Gov. Rick Scott has a list of 180,000 more voters he wants to purge off of the voting rolls, but he refuses to release the list to news organizations and advocacy groups who have requested it.

His Secretary of State Ken Detzner says it's because the state wants to be "very careful."
Quote :

"It's individuals' names on there, and I want to make sure that people are treated respectfully. I want to be abundantly cautious about that."

Detzner says that he's asked Florida's Attorney General Pam Bondi (who wants to make sure that only the "proper" people are voting) for a ruling on whether or not the list is public information and should be released. His concern for treating these individuals respectfully might come as a surprise to the people who were on the original purge list targeting 2,625 potential non-citizens. For example, Bill Internicola, the 91-year-old World War II veteran and Bronze Star recipient targeted, probably doesn't feel respected by his state.

The rampant problems with that initial list is undoubtedly behind the state's refusal to make this list public. It makes for bad press. And lawsuits. And pissed off elections supervisors. All of those factors make an actual massive purge less likely, but if Scott and Detzner can figure out any way to do it secretly, you can bet they will.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 5:32 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Read my previous post.

As far as "reading previous posts," I suggest that you take the time to re-examine all the evidence that has been presented to you on a silver platter in this thread and re-evaluate your "opinion."

My, my - somebody's cranky today.
I was referring to this previous post:

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
I'm speechless Shocked
.... and non-hearing impaired people the world over are grateful.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 7:57 pm

Sorry - I guess I forgot that your entire "raison d'etre" is your petty feud with Artie.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 8:23 pm

Scorpion wrote:
.... your entire "raison d'etre" ....
Cranky and bilingual.
Impressive.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty6/27/2012, 9:20 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
.... your entire "raison d'etre" ....
[b]Cranky and bilingual.
Impressive.
Ever dawn on you that the only reason we keep you around is that every village needs an idiot? You do play the part well.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty7/15/2012, 11:44 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Rick Scott has secret purge list of 180,000 'non-eligible' voters
Quote :
Florida Gov. Rick Scott has a list of 180,000 more voters he wants to purge off of the voting rolls, but he refuses to release the list to news organizations and advocacy groups who have requested it.

His Secretary of State Ken Detzner says it's because the state wants to be "very careful."
Quote :

"It's individuals' names on there, and I want to make sure that people are treated respectfully. I want to be abundantly cautious about that."

Detzner says that he's asked Florida's Attorney General Pam Bondi (who wants to make sure that only the "proper" people are voting) for a ruling on whether or not the list is public information and should be released. His concern for treating these individuals respectfully might come as a surprise to the people who were on the original purge list targeting 2,625 potential non-citizens. For example, Bill Internicola, the 91-year-old World War II veteran and Bronze Star recipient targeted, probably doesn't feel respected by his state.

The rampant problems with that initial list is undoubtedly behind the state's refusal to make this list public. It makes for bad press. And lawsuits. And pissed off elections supervisors. All of those factors make an actual massive purge less likely, but if Scott and Detzner can figure out any way to do it secretly, you can bet they will.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120715/DA011J7O1.html

AP NewsBreak: Feds OK Fla. access to citizens list

Jul 14, 9:15 PM (ET)

By CHARLES BABINGTON

(WASHINGTON (AP) - In a victory for Republicans, the federal government has agreed to let Florida use a law enforcement database to challenge people's right to vote if they are suspected of not being U.S. citizens.
The agreement, made in a letter to Florida Gov. Rick Scott's administration that was obtained by The Associated Press, grants the state access to a list of resident noncitizens maintained by the Homeland Security Department. The Obama administration had denied Florida's request for months but relented after a judge ruled in the state's favor in a related voter-purge matter.
Voting rights groups, while acknowledging that noncitizens have no right to vote, have expressed alarm about using such data for a purpose not originally intended: purging voter lists of ineligible people. They also say voter purges less than four months before a presidential election might leave insufficient time to correct mistakes stemming from faulty data or other problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voter Identification   Voter Identification - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Voter Identification
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next