Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!

Go down 
+2
paul87920
UrRight
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
happy jack

This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 10:02 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Here's a quickie legal lesson for you......Allegations made by a plaintiff in a lawsuit are not proof of anything …
The denial of reality by a woefully obtuse poster on a message board is not proof of anything, either, but what the hell?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 10:26 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Here's a quickie legal lesson for you......Allegations made by a plaintiff in a lawsuit are not proof of anything …
The denial of reality by a woefully obtuse poster on a message board is not proof of anything, either, but what the hell?
So in your reality allegations made by a plaintiff in a lawsuit that has yet to be decided, are proof they actually occurred? Keep digging.....This is hilarious Very Happy

Oh,btw.....Find any examples yet?
Quote :
Now I'll ask you again...Can you point to any actual examples of people being "forced" to participate? How about arrests? Surely if someone was cornering people in an aggressive manner they would be subject to arrest,much like a panhandler would be in a similar circumstance. Target has security guards,do they not? Has anyone been detained by them,later arrested,and found guilty of a crime?
:bball:
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 10:32 pm

happy jack wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
There has to be some sort of law that prevents people from doing this without Target having to further damage their image.
I don't really see this as damaging to Target's image. In fact, when I see people stick to their guns, it improves their image, in my eyes.

In theory, yes. However the difference is that you and I know the background of this story. Low information individuals are going to come up with their own conclusions based on misinformation, and if the message going out to the public is that "Target is being mean to gays", it's not going to be good for business where accepting and laid back LGBT attitudes are prevalent.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 10:37 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

So in your reality allegations made by a plaintiff in a lawsuit that has yet to be decided, are proof they actually occurred? Keep digging.....This is hilarious Very Happy

Quote :
Now I'll ask you again...Can you point to any actual examples of people being "forced" to participate? How about arrests? Surely if someone was cornering people in an aggressive manner they would be subject to arrest,much like a panhandler would be in a similar circumstance. Target has security guards,do they not? Has anyone been detained by them,later arrested,and found guilty of a crime?

Target is not asking for a monetary settlement from these lunatics - they are simply asking that the harassment stop. What in God's name could a corporation the size of Target possibly have to gain by making false allegations in this case?
Please explain.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 10:44 pm

paul87920 wrote:
... if the message going out to the public is that "Target is being mean to gays", it's not going to be good for business where accepting and laid back LGBT attitudes are prevalent.
You are 100% correct, which is why I cannot fathom why some people insist that Target is making false allegations, thus risking bad PR, ill will, and the potential loss of business.
Just ain't no cure for stupid, is there?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 10:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
... if the message going out to the public is that "Target is being mean to gays", it's not going to be good for business where accepting and laid back LGBT attitudes are prevalent.
You are 100% correct, which is why I cannot fathom why some people insist that Target is making false allegations, thus risking bad PR, ill will, and the potential loss of business.

This has been nothing but a PR persons nightmare. I can tell you as a PR person that I would not want to be working PR for either organization. As for me, I'll continue shopping at Target and supporting LGBT causes.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 11:02 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :

Target is not asking for a monetary settlement from these lunatics - they are simply asking that the harassment stop.[/quote] Why do you refer to people that are asking to enjoy the same rights as other citizens "lunatics"? Once again...where is the proof of harassment? Any arrests? After all,at the very minimum harassment is at least a crime of disorderly conduct.
Quote :
What in God's name could a corporation the size of Target possibly have to gain by making false allegations in this case?
Please explain.
I don't know but I do know that corporations have lied in the past and will probably lie in the future. One could also ask
what they had to gain by donating 150,000 to a business group that was backing a Minnesota gubernatorial candidate opposed to gay rights. They ended up having to apologize for that boneheaded move.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 11:12 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Why do you refer to people that are asking to enjoy the same rights as other citizens "lunatics"? Once again...where is the proof of harassment? Any arrests? After all,at the very minimum harassment is at least a crime of disorderly conduct
I refer to them as lunatics because they corner unsuspecting people in malls and demand to debate the issue of gay marriage, that's why. They should ask "to enjoy the same rights as other citizens" in a civilized manner and in a venue where they are not trampling on the rights of the property owners.
I repeat - what in God's name could a corporation the size of Target possibly have to gain by making false allegations in this case?
Please explain.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/29/2011, 11:23 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Why do you refer to people that are asking to enjoy the same rights as other citizens "lunatics"? Once again...where is the proof of harassment? Any arrests? After all,at the very minimum harassment is at least a crime of disorderly conduct
[b]I refer to them as lunatics because they corner unsuspecting people in malls and demand to debate the issue of gay marriage, that's why. They should ask "to enjoy the same rights as other citizens" in a civilized manner and in a venue where they are not trampling on the rights of the property owners.
Again,anyone they approach are free to just walk away. Unless you can prove otherwise there is no sense in my wasting any more time on this.
Quote :
I repeat - what in God's name could a corporation the size of Target possibly have to gain by making false allegations in this case?
Please explain.
I don't know why some corporations do what they do. Since I'm not privvy to the happenings at Target's executive level I'll refrain from speculating and wait until we see actual evidence being presented.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/30/2011, 9:24 am

Artie60438 wrote:

Again,anyone they approach are free to just walk away.
My God, must you really continue to pretend to not know the meaning of the word ‘cornered’?

happy jack wrote:

What in God's name could a corporation the size of Target possibly have to gain by making false allegations in this case?
Artie60438 wrote:

I don't know but I do know that corporations have lied in the past and will probably lie in the future. One could also ask what they had to gain by donating 150,000 to a business group that was backing a Minnesota gubernatorial candidate opposed to gay rights.
I hate to burst your ridiculous little bubble, but the assertion that “corporations have lied in the past and will probably lie in the future” does nothing to bolster your claim that Target is lying in this case.
What had they to gain by donating $150,000 to a business group that was backing a Minnesota gubernatorial candidate opposed to gay rights, you ask? Obviously, they had nothing to gain and everything to lose, as evidenced by their apology over the matter. And by the same token, they have nothing to gain by once again irritating the LGBT community with a false lawsuit. So, I ask you again – what could they possibly have to gain by making false allegations against members of the LGBT community in this case? Seriously, pull out all the stops and give me some your wildest conspiracy theories as to why Target feels it is to their benefit to lie about this situation.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/30/2011, 11:03 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]My God, must you really continue to pretend to not know the meaning of the word ‘cornered’?
I know exactly what it means. Where is your evidence that it occurred?
Quote :
What had they to gain by donating $150,000 to a business group that was backing a Minnesota gubernatorial candidate opposed to gay rights, you ask? Obviously, they had nothing to gain and everything to lose, as evidenced by their apology over the matter. And by the same token, they have nothing to gain by once again irritating the LGBT community with a false lawsuit. So, I ask you again – what could they possibly have to gain by making false allegations against members of the LGBT community in this case? Seriously, pull out all the stops and give me some your wildest conspiracy theories as to why Target feels it is to their benefit to lie about this situation.
You just made my point Very Happy They did something stupid with the donation and had to apologize for it. Since they didn't think that one through,what's to say they didn't think this latest litigation through.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty3/30/2011, 11:48 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

My God, must you really continue to pretend to not know the meaning of the word ‘cornered’?
I know exactly what it means. Where is your evidence that it occurred?
Quote :
You just made my point Very Happy They did something stupid with the donation and had to apologize for it. Since they didn't think that one through,what's to say they didn't think this latest litigation through.
[b]No, I did not "just make your point".
You had no point to begin with, and you still don't.
Give it a rest already.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty4/7/2011, 9:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Nope,there sure isn't.....Target loses case trying to stop Canvass For A Cause from petitioning
Quote :
SAN DIEGO – The giant Target Corp. has lost its effort to stop local grass-roots activist group Canvass For A Cause (CFAC) from talking to customers outside their stores in California.
Superior Court Judge Jeffrey B. Barton released his ruling this afternoon, denying Target’s motion for an injunction to stop CFAC from petitioning customers.

As to the "Ain't no cure for stupid"....Why did Target lose the lawsuit? It just may have had something to do with this:
Quote :
During the hearing last month, the judge asked Target’s attorneys why Target’s court documents did not offer concrete evidence to back their allegations that CFAC volunteers were harassing customers and driving away business.
or this:
Quote :
Judge Barton had asked McDowell why the company did not present testimony from customers complaining about the activists.
Cost of legal fees and bad PR as result?? At today's closing bell:Target Corporation
NYSE:TGT) TGT 49.62 -2.63%

Cost of decision to file a lawsuit and then failing to provide actual witnesses to the allegations? Priceless!
This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Rofl
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty4/8/2011, 11:10 am

You turned out to be right.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty4/8/2011, 11:20 am

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!   This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

This "GAY" Crap is GOING TOOOOOO FAR!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2