Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No comment necessary

Go down 
+7
BigFan
chuckmo48
Heretic
Robin Banks
Scorpion
UrRight
happy jack
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 12:09 pm

happy jack wrote:

Once again:

Iraq and Libya are both countries whose leaders were killing their own citizens en masse; they are also countries which allegedly posed no threat to the U.S. but which were nevertheless attacked by the U.S..
Hence, morally indistinguishable.

Your premise has been flawed from the beginning. I'll try approaching this from a somewhat different angle, and hopefully this will help you to understand why your premise is flawed...

Let's talk about Iraq. Did we invade Iraq because Saddam was "killing his people en masse?"

No, we didn't. What we did do in response was set up no-fly zones in Northern Iraq to protect the Kurds and Southern Iraq to protect the Shiites. As I said at the beginning of this thread... the establishment of no-fly zones in Iraq wasn't a particularly controversial policy.

The NATO intervention in Libya is probably more akin to the actions taken by NATO in Bosnia. Bosnia wasn't a "threat to the US," either, but I don't think that there is any question that taking action was the right thing to do.

The rhetoric preceding the invasion of Iraq may have contained references to "protecting Iraqis," but that certainly was not the primary reason for the invasion.

Hopefully this will clear things up a bit for you.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 3:49 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Hopefully this will clear things up a bit for you.

No, it really doesn't clear anything up.
But the below could not be any clearer:

Iraq and Libya are both countries whose leaders were killing their own citizens en masse; they are also countries which allegedly posed no threat to the U.S. but which were nevertheless attacked by the U.S..
Hence, morally indistinguishable.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 4:14 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Your premise has been flawed from the beginning.

I don't think so.
If the premise was flawed from the beginning, I don't believe that the Mensa triumvirate would have dedicated six pages and one hundred posts to an unsuccessful attempt to torpedo said premise. After all, it was only a concise, two-sentence paragraph that got you all wee-weed up. If the premise was flawed from the beginning, it should have been a brief and simple task for that brain trust to dismantle it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 4:21 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

I don't think so.
If the premise was flawed from the beginning, I don't believe that the Mensa triumvirate would have dedicated six pages and one hundred posts to an unsuccessful attempt to torpedo said premise. After all, it was only a concise, two-sentence paragraph that got you all wee-weed up. If the premise was flawed from the beginning, it should have been a brief and simple task for that brain trust to dismantle it.

And I almost forgot to mention that, after dedicating that much time and effort to this thread, the triumvirate was ultimately reduced to telling me to STFU.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 4:41 pm

Yeah. Well, I see that you didn't actually respond to what I posted.

Simply repeating the same flawed argument over and over again doesn't somehow make your "argument" valid.

BTW - WTF is all this "self proclaimed Mensa brain trust" crap all about, Jack? It sure looks like you're the one who seems to be "all wee weed up."

Quote :
And I almost forgot to mention that, after dedicating that much time and effort to this thread, the triumvirate was ultimately reduced to telling me to STFU.

Not before I invited you three times to start a thread about your claims about Iraq. BTW, that offer is still good. I'm more than willing to discuss it at length.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 4:57 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Simply repeating the same flawed argument over and over again doesn't somehow make your "argument" valid.
Conversely, you being unable to point out the flaws in my brief and simple paragraph, over and over again, doesn't go a long way in making it "'invalid'.

Scorpion wrote:
It sure looks like you're the one who seems to be "all wee weed up."
Moi?
Never.
Always mellow.
Always unflappable.
Always smiling.
Always happy, jack.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 5:08 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

[b]I don't think so.
If the premise was flawed from the beginning, I don't believe that the Mensa triumvirate would have dedicated six pages and one hundred posts to an unsuccessful attempt to torpedo said premise.
I'm sure that if you started claiming that Obama wasn't born in the US and kept sticking to that claim we'd have 50 or 100 pages. That still wouldn't make your claim true. The same logic applies to this thread.

Is "Board Monkey" part of the "triumvirate" too? You know Jack,there's an old saying that when everyone is telling you that you look like a horse it might be time to start shopping for a saddle.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty8/30/2011, 5:43 pm

Let's simplify this with a multiple choice question:

_________ is a sovereign nation whose leader was killing his own citizens en masse; it is also a nation which allegedly posed no threat to the U.S. but which was nevertheless attacked by the U.S..

A.) Iraq
B.) Libya
C.) Both A and B
D.) None of the above.

Class?
Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No comment necessary   No comment necessary - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

No comment necessary