Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty
PostSubject: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 2:18 pm

My, my, my....

Quote :
New Mexico governor cites pending investigation of business dealings

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, tapped in December by President-elect Barack Obama to serve as secretary of Commerce, has withdrawn his name for the position, citing a pending investigation into a company that has done business with his state...

...'Pay-to-play' dealings?
A person familiar with the proceedings has told The Associated Press that the grand jury is looking into possible "pay-to-play" dealings between CDR Financial Products and someone in a position to push the contract through with the state of New Mexico.

State documents show CDR was paid a total of $1.48 million in 2004 and 2005 for its work on a transportation program....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28493919
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 2:30 pm

It's a damn shame. It always seemed to me that Richardson was someone who was liked on both sides of the aisle.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 2:53 pm

Ditto, Paul.

Man, I'm starting to believe there is NOT an honest politician around. I hope President-Elect Obama changes things, keeps his word, and is in no way tainted by anyone.

Dreams come true sometimes, don't they?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 2:55 pm

UrRight wrote:

I think that's restricted to sports. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 3:08 pm

paul87920 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

I dunno Pauly- didn't the Colts just lose? Wink

Go Bears (yeah, yeah, I know) Razz
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 3:12 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

I dunno Pauly- didn't the Colts just lose? Wink

Go Bears (yeah, yeah, I know) Razz

The way the Colts played that game... they got what they deserved. I don't look to see the Chargers do much either. They played really cruddy too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 3:54 pm

BOT- I wonder how many other nominees will be associated with pay-to-play... I can't stand these crooked politicians and hope to see em' all go down...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 6:27 pm

Richardson has not been accused or convicted of anything. That being said,he did the right thing by stepping aside,and thus denies the Republicans the opportunity to turn his confirmation hearing into a circus.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty1/4/2009, 6:57 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Richardson has not been accused or convicted of anything. That being said,he did the right thing by stepping aside,and thus denies the Republicans the opportunity to turn his confirmation hearing into a circus.

Fully understanding that, the only difference right now between Blago and Richardson, is that Fitzgerald accused Blago to hopefully stop him from appointing a Senator. Well that plan failed. Blago is not indited, only accused. Richardson is under investigation, Blago was under investigation since before he got reelected. Hopefully Richardson did nothing wrong, but you have to ask yourself, why would someone with his ambition even be tempted, or not try and keep himself away from such appearances of wrongdoing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee   Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1