Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Conservatives still not interested in facts.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty
PostSubject: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/5/2010, 1:10 pm

Specifically all the nonsense about Obama's trip to India. Are the talking heads whining about this retarded 'cause they don't know/care about the reality? Or do they know it's bullshit and are hoping their audience doesn't? I can't tell. Either way it's yet another ridiculous argument that can't pass a simple snopes test.

Stay classy, morons.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/5/2010, 3:10 pm

Yeah. I was just reading about this myself.

From Yahoo news...

Republicans take aim at cost of Obama’s trip to India

Quote :
On Wednesday, Bachmann repeated the claim on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360." "Within a day or so the president of the United States will be taking a trip over to India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day," Bachmann told Cooper. "He's taking 2,000 people with him. He'll be renting out over 870 rooms in India. And these are five-star hotel rooms at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel. This is the kind of over-the-top spending. It's a very small example, Anderson."

It will be interesting to see if CNN and the rest of the media correct these ridiculous assertions. I can hardly believe that Anderson just allowed Bachmann's assertions on the "200 million a day" number to go unchallenged That's just ridiculous on its face. As it points out in the Yahoo piece, for comparison purposes, the war in Afghanistan costs $190 million a day.

I noticed that Mike Huckabee also repeated this tripe. What the hell is wrong with these people? It's bad enough when somebody "shades" the truth. But outrageous whoppers like this are totally irresponsible and it really makes me wonder about these people's sanity.

I just hope that the media jumps all over this story, because the dolts who made these accusations really owe us all a retraction, don't you think?

IMHO, the press has a responsibility to hold public figures accountable for misleading statements and outright lies.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/5/2010, 3:17 pm

I don't expect the Republican asshats to own up to it. They never do. But the journalists fronting this nonsense have a responsibility to do so. We'll see if it happens.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/5/2010, 4:48 pm

Yeah, well my faith in Anderson Cooper is restored. I found the clip of his interview with Bachmann.

As you can see, he didn't let her get away with it after all...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/11/04/ac.bachmann.intv.cnn?hpt=Mid

In fact, Cooper totally discredited Bachmann's claim. It's well worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/6/2010, 4:16 pm

I also heard on the news that both former Presidents both Clinton and Bush said that figure is just way over the top! I wish both parties would stop their postertin and get down to the peoples business and fix the economy.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/6/2010, 7:26 pm

Face wrote:
I also heard on the news that both former Presidents both Clinton and Bush said that figure is just way over the top! I wish both parties would stop their postertin and get down to the peoples business and fix the economy.

Yeah. Well I agree and share your frustration, there is no question that the Republican Party and "Conservatives" in general seem to have a real problem with telling the truth. We're never going to get important issues settled if one of the major political parties continues to act like the spawn of Pinocchio.

The GOP's dishonesty is extremely damaging to our nation, and even the whole world (as in the case of their refusal to acknowledge that global warming even exists, even though they frickin' know damn well it exists, but refuse to address it. That's just unacceptable to me.)

You may be disenchanted with the Democratic Party, but there is no comparison between the basic honesty of the 2 parties. I don't know about you, but I'm bloody sick of all the frickin' bullshit coming from the GOP, Beck, Limbaugh, and Fox "News."

Do you really think that the Republicans are going to "work with" the President and the Democrats to "get things done?" Unfortunately, I'm expecting what we usually get from the Republicans, which is endless political attacks, bogus investigations and political circus hearings.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/7/2010, 11:00 am

Scorpion wrote:

The GOP's dishonesty is extremely damaging to our nation, and even the whole world (as in the case of their refusal to acknowledge that global warming even exists, even though they frickin' know damn well it exists, but refuse to address it. That's just unacceptable to me.)
Oh,they're going to address it alright. Rolling Eyes GOP to investigate ‘scientific fraud’ of global warming: report

Quote :
Do you really think that the Republicans are going to "work with" the President and the Democrats to "get things done?" Unfortunately, I'm expecting what we usually get from the Republicans, which is endless political attacks, bogus investigations and political circus hearings.
There is no chance of any cooperation. Why would they,seeing as how their "just say no" tactics worked out so well for them?

I have complete confidence that they will destroy any credibility they may have left over the next 2 years. In the meantime,hunker down and fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a long and unpleasant ride.

Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/7/2010, 11:45 am

Maybe the Republicans being elected is the best thing that could have happened to Obama. People will realize what obstructionists they are and want nothing to do with them in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/7/2010, 6:00 pm

KarenT wrote:
Maybe the Republicans being elected is the best thing that could have happened to Obama. People will realize what obstructionists they are and want nothing to do with them in 2012.
That's pretty much what I expect to occur. Now that they've "taken back their country" they'll have to start producing. "Just say No" isn't going to cut it. From the clips on the Sunday talk shows it seems all the Repubs want to do is repeal health care and whine about Nancy Pelosi still being Democratic minority leader in the house. Their "concern" is especially humorous since "Tan Man" Boehner" was their leader in the house since February 2, 2006 and we all know what happened to the Repubs in 2006 and 08,yet they never replaced him.

At the rate things are going I could see a viable 3rd party Presidential candidate having a major effect in 2012 and even possibly even winning the office.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/7/2010, 7:16 pm

Republicans signal a hard-line stance after election success Not a peep about jobs. Cut taxes for the rich,repeal health care,and what Scorpion predicted "endless political attacks, bogus investigations and political circus hearings". I've never seen an election in which the winning candidates were as belligerent and antagonistic as this. Whatever happened to being gracious winners? If they're acting like this today,not even a week after the election,just imagine what's going to take place in January. In other words....the country is screwed for the next 2 years.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/7/2010, 7:36 pm

Quite true.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/8/2010, 8:09 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Cut taxes for the rich...

After seeing this interview with former Reagan Budget Director, I thought of something. It seems that some of those moaning the loudest about the bailouts and subsequent record profits and bonuses are the first to rally to their defense against recovering any of it with taxes. You'd think with all this "the rich will save us if we leave 'em alone" nonsense, the bailouts and bonuses would be beyond criticism, wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/8/2010, 3:09 pm

Scorpion wrote:

No I don't think they will, bu I have hope both parties see the need to fix the many things that are wrong. If however the Republicans don't get anything done these next 2 years, the tidal wave that happened to the Democrats will be small in comparison to what could happen to them.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/8/2010, 6:10 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Darrell Issa plans hundreds of hearings
Quote :
California Rep. Darrell Issa is already eyeing a massive expansion of oversight for next year, including hundreds of hearings; creating new subcommittees; and launching fresh investigations into the bank bailout, the stimulus and, potentially, health care reform.

Issa told POLITICO in an interview that he wants each of his seven subcommittees to hold “one or two hearings each week.”

“I want seven hearings a week times 40 weeks,” Issa said.

Issa is also targeting some ambitious up-and-comers like Reps. Jason Chaffetz of Utah, Patrick McHenry of North Carolina and Jim Jordan of Ohio — all aggressive partisans — to chair some of his subcommittees.

He also wants to organize aggressive oversight beyond his committee and plans to refer inquiries to other House panels, drawing even more incoming GOP chairmen to the cause of investigating the executive branch.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/8/2010, 9:33 pm

Heretic wrote:
Specifically all the nonsense about Obama's trip to India. Are the talking heads whining about this retarded 'cause they don't know/care about the reality? Or do they know it's bullshit and are hoping their audience doesn't? I can't tell. Either way it's yet another ridiculous argument that can't pass a simple snopes test.

Stay classy, morons.

I'll bet we won't hear squat about this:
Quote :
SpiceJet to buy 30 Boeing aircraft for $2.7 billionBudget airline SpiceJet will buy 30 B737 planes from US aircraft manufacturer Boeing in a deal worth $2.7 billion, which will form part of $10 billion pacts being sealed during US President Barack Obama's visit. "
The deal is part of 20-odd pacts, worth USD about 10 billion, that are to be sealed during Obama's 3-day visit. The
agreements are expected to create 50,000 jobs in the US
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty11/22/2010, 12:01 pm

Face wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

No I don't think they will, bu I have hope both parties see the need to fix the many things that are wrong. If however the Republicans don't get anything done these next 2 years, the tidal wave that happened to the Democrats will be small in comparison to what could happen to them.

Yeah, well Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell has made his position crystal clear, hasn't he?

Mitch McConnell under fire for saying top priority is making Obama one-term president

Quote :
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell came under sharp attack from the White House and Democrats Tuesday for saying that his top priority in the next Congress is to ensure that President Barack Obama serves only one term.

I think it's a pipe dream to expect the Republicans to do anything that will help our nation simply because their main goal is to sabotage the President, no matter what the cost.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conservatives still not interested in facts.   Conservatives still not interested in facts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Conservatives still not interested in facts.
Page 1 of 1