Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty
PostSubject: WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!   WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty4/2/2010, 11:50 am

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2136963,three-die-in-shootings-040210.article

15 shot, including 2 dead, in 2 hours
Comments

April 2, 2010

SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE
At least 15 people were shot -- including two men who died and six people who were wounded in one chaotic Englewood incident -- within a bloody two hour stretch late Thursday into early Friday.

The first shooting occurred at 10:54 p.m. at 7900 S. Anthony Ave. In that incident, a 28-year-old man was shot in the leg, according to a South Chicago District police officer. The victim did not suffer life-threatening injuries.

At 11:15 p.m. officers responding to a call of a person shot found 30-year-old Brian Moore shot in the 6400 block of South Paulina Street, according to police.

Moore 720 E. 70th St., was pronounced dead at 1:38 a.m. at Mount Sinai Hospital Hospital, according to a spokeswoman for the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.

At 11:50 p.m. a 21-year-old man was standing with a group of other males in a parking lot at 7859 S. Cornell Ave. when a man and a woman approached the group. Someone in the group said an offensive comment to the woman and her companion shot the 21-year-old, who was struck once in the buttocks and taken to Jackson Park Hospital in “stable” condition, the South Chicago District officer said.

In the Bronzeville neighborhood about 12:15 a.m. a man identified by the medical examiner's office as Jermaine Streeter, 27, was shot and suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Streeter, of 3812 S. Michigan Ave., was pronounced dead at 1:04 a.m. at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, the medical examiner’s office spokeswoman said.

In the Loop, a woman told police she was sitting in Millennium Park, 201 E. Randolph St., about 12:30 a.m. when two males she did not know approached her and a male friend she was with, according to a police report.

The report says that one of the suspects pointed a gun at her friend’s head first, and when she got up to “protest,’’ the suspect fired several shots at the her -- striking her once in the upper right arm.

The report said the suspects did not say anything or make any demands and they both fled the scene on foot. Police said they were not notified of the incident until 2:15 a.m. when she was being treated at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital in Melrose Park. No crime scene was found at the park, according to police.

Chaos erupted in Englewood early Friday in two related shootings that left six people wounded.

At 12:49 a.m., police responded to reports of multiple victims shot at 6607 S. Marshfield Ave., according to an Englewood District police lieutenant.

Four men in their 20s who were shot at the Marshfield address were taken to hospitals in serious-to-critical condition, according to Fire Media Affairs Director Larry Langford, who was on the scene.

Of those four, two were taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and two were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. Langford said three were shot in the lower extremities and the fourth was shot multiple times all over his body.

But as multiple police officers were in the area responding to the initial shooting, another shooting occurred nearby at 1640 W. 65th St., Langford said.

“Police were investigating and then somebody came by and opened fire,’’ Langford said.

The 65th Street attack left a woman with a bullet graze wound to the head and a sixth man who is in his 20s with a gunshot wound to the buttocks or lower back. The man was taken in fair condition to Mount Sinai Hospital and the woman was not hospitalized, according to Langford.

No officers were wounded, Langford said.

In another shooting -- this time outside the Far South Side Magnolia sports bar, 12217 S. Halsted St., four adults who were "unintended targets" were wounded.

Just after 1 a.m., four people were shot outside near South Halsted Street and West 122nd Street, according to police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.

A 40-year-old man suffered gunshot wounds to his arm and leg; a 31-year-old woman was shot in the foot; a 30-year-old man was shot in the right hand; and a 28-year-old was shot in the right thigh, Kubiak said. Hospital information was not immediately available.

The victims were apparently the unintended targets of the shooting that began inside the lounge as a fight, Kubiak said.

Wentworth Area, Calumet Area and Belmont Area detectives are investigating the shootings.

You should read the Southstar.com police reports....mostly Latinos pulled over for no registration, no license, and drugs. Lot's of crime out there.

See, crime has no territories.

Read the comment section...asking where Jesse Jackson is...LOL
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!   WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty4/2/2010, 5:00 pm

Wow, I think Gary has had similar streches of violence, but this is insane. It's gonna be a long summer.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!   WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty4/2/2010, 5:47 pm

Chalk it up to the first big warm up of the year.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!   WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty4/2/2010, 7:37 pm

Not only that, but a couple sitting at Millinium Court by Randolph got approached by 2 guys. One guy pointed a gun at the boyfirend's head, the girl stood up to run. Luckily, she only had the bullet skim her left or right arm.

With all the red/blue lights, I guess Mayor Daley thinks it's a "safe city"... Mayor Clay?

I went back to copy the link and story - gone! Unless I want to branch out..but it was an innocent couple sitting on a bench in front of the Millinium. Factor in the time: 1 a.m.

Factor in the lighting: a lot. Randolph and Michigan, and consider a lot of couples are strolling out at that time due to the weather being in the '8os.

So here's to you, Daley: You lost a lot of people wanting and willing to pay. Instead, you accepted section 8 by Navy Pier, and they don't work.

They say what goes around, comes around. I see it came right back to you. I dread when school is out.

And then you wonder why the McCormick place can't attract business? Heck, my couz from Mo. got pick-pocketed on the one line years ago, coming to Chicago for business. Whatever line it is from O'Hare to Chicago.

He told his company never to send him to Chicago. Right now he's in Italy...get it?Not only that, you lost the business associate that runs a multi-millionaire company. They both got pickpocted. They recouped, but wrote Chicago off for future business at the McCormick place.

God, are you stupid.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!   WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty4/3/2010, 7:51 am

UrRight wrote:

So here's to you, Daley: You lost a lot of people wanting and willing to pay. Instead, you accepted section 8 by Navy Pier, and they don't work.

There is no section 8 by Navy Pier.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!   WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty4/3/2010, 4:12 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

There is no section 8 by Navy Pier.

Want the address and my favorite guy (black) who watched over my daughter, let me in to drop off groceries....

Hell, they occupy the top floors, get an indoor pool, work-out place, etc. My daughter was friends of them...was mad when she found out they were on Section 8.

Forgot the name of the apt. building, but it is on OHIO STREET. One block west of the Navy Pier.

Don't fluck around with me, Artie, I drove that route for 4 years, cleaning and dropping off groceries...and my buddy at the desk was like a father watching over my little baby....he was black and we go to visit him when she has time, when she comes back to Chicago.

Sweetest guy in the world...trying to talk her out of moving to LA. Under her watch for 4 years...he loved her like a daughter.

Yes, there is a certain percentage living in that building under section 8. If you want, I'll get the facts...have a Dr.'s appt downtown... gotta stop in and say hello to him. (The guy at the front desk).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!   WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe! Empty

Back to top Go down

WOW, This makes Gary, IN and Ford Heights, IL Look Safe!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Lake County-
Jump to: