Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty
PostSubject: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty3/31/2010, 10:44 am

Watching C-Span, I heard and watched President Obama stating why the Dept. of Interior chose to open up oil drilling alongside our own country,

It was without no doubt, when Sarah Palin was running, that there was enogh oil around Alaska to support our dependency on oil.

Much came with the speech, but what was outstanding is the fact, that we use 20% of the oil imported, but we have 2% in actual oil to be drilled.

He said this is just a transformation, to quit the depenency of foreign countries, while at the same time, there will be bio-fuel being tested at the hands of the U.S. Pentagon. In several days, after a cost of 2.9 billion, they will be flying a green-plane, forgot the actual discription, but it will be bio-fueled...

At the time of enacting this off-shore drilling, we are being told that they are still going to go forth with bio-fuel. Half/half. That finally, eventually, we no longer will need to depend on the middle east for their oil.

He promised clean-coal, etc. I think for once my dream of wanting the U.S. to be self-dependent, not needing enemies to rely on to fuel our country has finally come true. During this process of off-shore drilling, which will not only include the eastern coast, but Alaska and several others, it will only benefit us to develop bio-fuel, and eventually we no longer will need the enemies to depend on.

I say, Thank YOU. It's about time.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty3/31/2010, 11:01 am

Repeat post.

Last edited by UrRight on 3/31/2010, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty3/31/2010, 11:03 am

It's a crutch, not dependency - because the military studied this for over a year, and came up with preserving the fuel....the Interior Dept., also.

Eventually, we won't need to depend on Iran, Iraq, or the middle east.

Right now on C-Span, they are now addressing the import/export issues.....things that need to be done, cited by the top expert on Economics, and a group of others, to put an decrease on importing and an increase on exporting.

Maybe we are going on the right path, but I still do not agree with the Health Bill.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty3/31/2010, 12:02 pm

Still don't think it'll make a difference. None of the alternatives to oil give us the return on energy that oil does, which means they'll be more expensive until oil prices go higher.

Either way, cheap energy is done.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty3/31/2010, 3:33 pm

[quote="Heretic"]Still don't think it'll make a difference. None of the alternatives to oil give us the return on energy that oil does, which means they'll be more expensive until oil prices go higher.

Either way, cheap energy is done.[/quote

He acknowleged a host of things...such as what you were concerned with. I just can't recall everything he discussed.

But, in the long haul, the main thing is, we need to be independent, self-reliant, and at the end, we'll come out ahead.

I long believed in off-shore drilling around the U.S. territories....A size of a pinhead in a what wouldd be a football field, is all the space it takes to park and drill. There's no reason...not to.

Palin claimed there's enough oil in Alaska to never have to rely on a foreign country while campaigning, and I believe it.

You watch, this is gonna be a positive thing. I'm sure already there are articles on what he said today on C-Span. Gotta run.

Health CARE will not pass...you watch, IN ITS PRESENT FORM. The states can't handle what they have now, and if you think we have it tough economically this year, next year will be worse than ever.

Like Mirage said - "Trouble is, there's not enough money in the world" to pay for it. (Obama's economic plans).
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty3/31/2010, 7:23 pm

UrRight wrote:
Palin claimed there's enough oil in Alaska to never have to rely on a foreign country while campaigning, and I believe it.

You shouldn't. Such a claim wasn't supported by anyone who actually knew anything about energy. Neither one of those two knew what they were talking about when it came to energy. That's the main reason I couldn't vote for 'em.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty4/1/2010, 12:52 am

UrRight wrote:

You know, as clueless as Palin is, I seriously doubt that she ever said anything remotely close to "there's enough oil in Alaska to never have to rely on a foreign country."

That's just a ludicrous statement.

I don't believe that she ever made such a claim.

If you have any proof at all, I'd really like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty4/1/2010, 7:59 am

Scorpion wrote:
UrRight wrote:

You know, as clueless as Palin is, I seriously doubt that she ever said anything remotely close to "there's enough oil in Alaska to never have to rely on a foreign country."

She actually came pretty close to making that claim in this interview. She made it sound that if we drilled more in Alaska we wouldn't need to rely on countries with unstable regimes. Her comments start at 2:15 into the video.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty4/1/2010, 2:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
UrRight wrote:

She actually came pretty close to making that claim in this interview. She made it sound that if we drilled more in Alaska we wouldn't need to rely on countries with unstable regimes. Her comments start at 2:15 into the video.

Yeah. Well thanks for the link. Of course, the truth of the matter is that we don't curb our use of oil, we will never be "energy independent."

This is from Obama's speech yesterday....

Quote :
On the other side, there are going to be some who argue that we don't go nearly far enough; who suggest we should open all our waters to energy exploration without any restriction or regard for the broader environmental and economic impact. And to those folks I've got to say this: We have less than 2 percent of the world's oil reserves; we consume more than 20 percent of the world's oil. And what that means is that drilling alone can't come close to meeting our long-term energy needs. And for the sake of our planet and our energy independence, we need to begin the transition to cleaner fuels now.

Opening up new areas for exploration won't even make a dent in our dependence on foreign oil. There must be a comprehensive energy strategy, or nothing is going to change. Hopefully, this will be the first step in getting an energy bill passed in this country. Because transitioning to renewable energy sources is the only way that we will ever be able to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!   Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally, I FINALLY AGREE WITH THE POTUS: OPEN OIL DRILLING!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: