Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty
PostSubject: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty3/23/2010, 2:46 pm

The lunatics on the right just cannot admit they lost the health care bill fair and square. Instead we hear cries that "It's not over" and wingnut attorney generals in Red states plan to file court proceedings to hinder the implementation of it. The Republicans bet everything on
obstruction,with the intention of trying to destroy the Obama presidency. They lost.but can't seem to get over it.

As I've predicted before I believe that as the days pass health care reform will be embraced more and more by Americans that were previously apprehensive about it due to right-wing tea party lies. The polls will go up,both for health care and for President Obama. President Obama fought long and hard for this historic achievement and the majority of Americans will admire him for that. He showed great strength and Americans love a strong leader.

While the Republicans throw hissy fits and act like spoiled little brats who didn't get their way,Democrats will be moving forward trying to move the business of this country forward. The Republicans OTOH,seem to be embracing a campaign based on repealing health care reform and staying perpetually angry. I say "Bring it On and what part would you like to repeal first?"!

Americans don't like sore losers,and that's exactly how the Republicans are acting. If they think this newest strategy is going to help win them votes,they're going to be in for a rude awakening. With over 7 months to go until November,let's just see how much damage they can inflict upon their party. If anyone can take a sure thing like a victory in November and screw it up,it's the Republicans.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty3/23/2010, 7:19 pm

Wow! My prediction didn't take too long to come true,did it? I posted this on

Re: Health Care Bill Ready For Vote
Post by Artie60438 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Quote :
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Here's my prediction.....Within 2-4 weeks of the passage the polls will show more people favoring it. By the time Nov rolls around,citizens will realize that they still are able to keep the health care they already have,they keep their Dr,hospital,etc. They will see for themselves that the GOP scare tactics were just that. No death panels or any of their other insane predictions will have come true. In fact,it won't even be an issue,unless.....the idiot Republicans decide to run on repealing it,in which case,it may end up being bad news for them.
https://nofree.forumotion.com/nation-world-f11/health-care-bill-ready-for-vote-t1118.htm

Opinions turn favorable on health care plan
Quote :
WASHINGTON — Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against it.

By 49%-40% those surveyed say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill. Half describe their reaction in positive terms, as "enthusiastic" or "pleased," while about four in 10 describe it in negative ways, as "disappointed" or "angry."
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty3/28/2010, 2:44 pm

Yeah, well I still think that the Republicans will gain seats in Congress in November, but I seriously doubt that they will win control of either House.

As I see it, the Republican's are making a fatal mistake, and that is actually believing their own over the top rhetoric. I think that a "repeal health reform" campaign is foolhardy, to say the least. They have been very successful at confusing the American people, but it will soon become clear that their "gloom and doom" nonsense doesn't reflect reality.

How well they do in November will depend on the economy, not the Health Care Bill. The economy is continuing to slowly recover, and will most likely be quite a bit better by election day.

It will be really interesting to see if they try to block the financial reform bill. I just don't think that it's going to be very popular to oppose financial regulations on Wall Street and the big banks. The Obama administration is determined to get every penny of the TARP money back from the banks, and I'm pretty sure that's what the majority of the American people will want as well.

What may hurt the Democrats in November is that turnout among Hispanic Americans may be low because I just don't think that Immigration Reform will be taken up this year. That's a shame, because we need a solution, but that will have to wait until after the mid-term election. I do expect it to be a major issue in the next Presidential election.

In politics, it is extremely dangerous to put all your "eggs in one basket." The Republicans gambled that they could defeat Health Care reform and destroy Obama, and they lost. It's going to take time, but I think that by November, it's going to be pretty clear to the American people that the GOP is more interested in regaining power rather than getting us out of the recession.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty3/28/2010, 4:49 pm

All that matters to me is both parties have disappointed all voters.

Many have lost confidence not only in Washington but in states, counties municipilties, and cities No one is trusting the gov't right now.

Have you read the or recall that Nancy Pelosi said "No one knows what's in the bill until it passes". Great, now it's the law, and all I know is, from reading multiple reliable sources, many "Meet the Press" type debates...it will destroy our country.

MRIs, etc., the older people will increasingly find that all they fought for, all they saved for, will no longer be covered with Medicare.

You will be seeking doctors that will accept this "reform" and good luck at that. Public aid recipients were left on their own years ago, trying to find doctors that would treat them.

Imagine what this new "reform" will do.

It, to me is a Ponzie Scheme, and won't pass, will be repealed. People no longer believe in the gov't's word. They will revolt.

Mitch Daniels announced in the NWI Times.com what this already means for the state of IN:

They bargained with the pharmacutial (sic) companies, got rebates worth 25 million. Under Obama's plan, that rebate won't come back to Indiana. It will go to Washington.

I read on the other board...under National, forgot the poster....but she / he had the facts...the elderly will be disregarded, home assistance will be eliminated or reduced, and so on.

Already the gov in IL is cutting school funding, and funding to the VETS, mentally ill, and so on.

This law will absolutely be repealed. You can't make it worse than it is now...and that is, the third world.

Obama is a dictator. He is not a leader, it's his way or the highway. I saw on tv today how the Republicans were shut off....how they tried working with him. Deals were made behind closed doors. And guess who funds Obamba? The insurance companies.

They have nothing to fear. They will make more off this so called law - asking for preventative medicine...saying we don't need to visit the doctor every three months. How is that preventive medicine? It saved my life three times over going every three months...this POTUS is nuts.

Why? Cuz he and everyone in Washington have the best medical and they just don't give a damn. The states are going to go nuts trying to budget this free medical when they can't eeven pay their bills on time now.

Without Federal funding, figure it out and let me know how the states are going to take on more people?

Especially when the FEDS get the kickback that Indiana proposed to keep costs down.

All those politicians should spend two years looking for welfare before they speak for the rest of the nation.

There is going to be a shortage of doctors, as if you haven't noticed, most are from other countries and can easily make more going back to their native countries under these proposals.

Mark my words....we're sunk if this doesn't get repealed and adjusted.

He (Obamba) doesn't know anything about economics, and all he is - is a dictator, wanting control. His kids are covered, his auntie still needs to be deported, and how has she escaped the "illegals go back" episode? He has a hand in it.

His mom-in-law - he doesn't have to worry about anyone checking up on her or her health or home visits from CNAs. She has the best care in the world, courtesy of us.

I want to bet....this reform bill will get squashed. I've heard both sides. The Republicans were shut out, everything was a back-room deal and the VP spares no cuzz words. What leaders!

It may have been Ted Kennedy's dream....but I doubt he would have approved the result.

He reached across the aisles....Obambie did not. He shutters the Republicans when it comes to compromising.

I know people are so angry across the U.S., that Republican or Democrat, they will make a change. They are filled up with paying for nothing. You won't recognize or see the same old politicians in Washington...it just may end up being independents. Why? Cuz both the R and D's act like little kids with big silver spoons in their mouths and don't know a damn thing about listening to what we want.

What kind of politician tells the public, "You won't know what is in the bill until it passes"?

Only an 80 yr old rich bag with nothing to loose but the elastic in her face eventually. And we paid for that....what goes around, comes around. We are divided, not united under this administration, and I blame both parties.

We're the people, for the people, by the people and he violated that. We have the right to see what is set forth before they vote. Obama didn't do that. He violated us. The Republicans dissed us.

Time for independents....vote everyone out. The Rs and Ds are both loosers.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty3/28/2010, 5:12 pm

Just remembered, read "Martha's" topic ontheotherboard.com, under National. Topic: God Help Us.

I believe it.

Not just her, but reading many, many comments under national headlines given out by Yahoo, various sites, such as the Washington Post, etc. Local newspapers where people leave comments. 90% are against what is transpiring from this so-called "Health Reform".

I can tell you from analyzing the responses, reading various on-line versions country-wide, 90% have lost faith in our gov't. They feel mis-lead by our POTUS...they are angry. They are swearing to vote the opposite.

I don't know if they will follow through, but I'm independent....and I swear I will vote against any incumbent occupying office right now. There is a price to pay. 51% are gov't while the rest of us should just go back to farming and maybe get paid for not farming. Take that money, open a nursery.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty3/28/2010, 5:15 pm

Wonder what's gonna happen to those hundreds of day-care centers in Cal City...now that the funding isn't there, and the parents are getting laid off?

See the ripple-effect? That's just a pimple.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty3/29/2010, 9:15 am

Scorpion wrote:
Yeah, well I still think that the Republicans will gain seats in Congress in November, but I seriously doubt that they will win control of either House.

As I see it, the Republican's are making a fatal mistake, and that is actually believing their own over the top rhetoric. I think that a "repeal health reform" campaign is foolhardy, to say the least. They have been very successful at confusing the American people, but it will soon become clear that their "gloom and doom" nonsense doesn't reflect reality.

How well they do in November will depend on the economy, not the Health Care Bill. The economy is continuing to slowly recover, and will most likely be quite a bit better by election day.
I agree with all your points.

Quote :
It will be really interesting to see if they try to block the financial reform bill. I just don't think that it's going to be very popular to oppose financial regulations on Wall Street and the big banks. The Obama administration is determined to get every penny of the TARP money back from the banks, and I'm pretty sure that's what the majority of the American people will want as well.

Some of the sensible R's will cooperate with us. I think they've learned that the "say no to everything" strategy didn't work to well.

Quote :
What may hurt the Democrats in November is that turnout among Hispanic Americans may be low because I just don't think that Immigration Reform will be taken up this year. That's a shame, because we need a solution, but that will have to wait until after the mid-term election. I do expect it to be a major issue in the next Presidential election.
Here I disagree. I believe that Hispanics are smart enough to know who has their best interests at heart.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty5/1/2010, 5:02 pm

Partisan Trends: R's Fall To Lowest Point In Nearly Two Years
Quote :

Saturday, May 01, 2010

In April, the number of adults not affiliated with either major party increased by 1.6 percentage points, while the number identifying themselves as Republicans decreased 1.3 percentage points. This marks the lowest level for Republicans since July 2008. The number of Democrats remained relatively constant, compared to last month.
Following the historic health care reform debate, the percentage of adults identifying themselves as Democrats is now at 36.0% and the number of Republicans at 31.6%, while 32.5% say they are not affiliated with either major party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November   GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November Empty

Back to top Go down

GOP Working Hard On Plan To Snatch Defeat From Jaws of Victory in November
Page 1 of 1