Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 10:49 am

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/feb/18/thousands-of-haitians-apply-pay-for-legal-status/

UNBELIEVABLE!

PrintE-mailShare
DeliciousdiggNewsvineFacebookStumbleTechnoratiredditFark Thousands of Haitians apply, pay for legal statustwitterThousands of Haitians apply, pay for legal status
The Associated Press

Thursday, Feb. 18, 2010 | 8:38 a.m.

More than 12,000 Haitians have applied for the chance to stay and work legally in the U.S. while their country struggles to recover from last month's earthquake.

The applications have rolled in, even though the July 20 application deadline is months away, said Bill Wright, spokesman for Citizenship and Immigration Services, part of the Homeland Security Department.

The chance to work is critical for many of the immigrants who are hoping to help families trying to overcome the magnitude-7 earthquake that leveled parts of Haiti.

Because it is unsafe to return the illegal immigrants to Haiti, DHS said it would grant eligible immigrants temporary protected status. Successful applicants can remain and work for 18 months without fear of deportation or detention.

Application fees to stay total $470.

As of Feb. 10, the agency had received 12,583 application packages. The agency estimated last month that between 100,000 to 200,000 Haitian immigrants would be eligible to apply. The status is only available to immigrants who were in the U.S. as of Jan. 12, the day the earthquake occurred.

Temporary protected status is granted when the federal government believes it is unsafe to send immigrants to their home countries because of natural disasters or armed conflict.

The U.S. also has suspended deportations of Haitians, but continues to repatriate those intercepted on the sea.

Information on applying for temporary protected status is available at http://www.uscis.gov and 1-800-375-5283.

I'm sure they meant welfare, medical and food stamps. Poke me if I'm dreaming. We can't take care of our own.

So, why not allow the UNITED NATIONS drop by? Let every poor country come in. We're rich, we have no deficit, we can pay all our state bills...hell, we'll even give ya guns so you can shoot each other. What a darn nightmare!

I think we should all move to a tropical island, where no taxes are expected and let the US rot, as it is anyway.

Denmark is the happiest if ya want to join them. (Although it's not tropical, free insurance, no taxes...man, how do they do that?)
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 5:33 pm

I can't imagine a Haitian being qualified to do any work in the United States. I'm guessing most have never seen a computer before let alone know how to operate a cash register. I guess they are going to give the Cubans in Florida a run for their money on who is more qualified to clean rooms at the Ramada...
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 5:43 pm

But the fact is Paul, they are here or coming!

Worried about finding a job with a college degree, losing homes, jobs, the immigration problem, then they allow this?

I don't understand the USA anymore.

It used to be that you applied, learned English, stood in line to take the Constitutional test, paid, passed, and took the oath.

Now it calls for an earthquake? And we helped them on that? Am I getting old, or something?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 5:49 pm

Nothing irks my butt more than when I see ads for help stating, "Must be able to translate French" (for a damn babysitting job... for an example). Can you imagine babysitting a gurglin 8 month old and trying to translate the gurgling and burps into English? I answer those ads with LOL!

Or, "MUST SPEAK BILINGUAL".

I usually email them back and tell them to go back to France or whatever country they come from. Tell them, YOU MUST SPEAK ENGLISH in order to live here."

I have a riot on Craigs List.

Must speak Polish...
Must speak Spanish,..
Go to hell.

Last edited by UrRight on 2/18/2010, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 5:52 pm

UrRight wrote:
But the fact is Paul, they are here or coming!

Worried about finding a job with a college degree, losing homes, jobs, the immigration problem, then they allow this?

I don't understand the USA anymore.

It used to be that you applied, learned English, stood in line to take the Constitutional test, paid, passed, and took the oath.

Now it calls for an earthquake? And we helped them on that? Am I getting old, or something?

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm just saying that this is nothing new. The Cubans never even had to have an earthquake. All they have to do is make it onto US soil. Fortunately most Haitians don't make $470 a year, so I don't reckon many of them will be able to afford the application fee anyways.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 6:00 pm

But they will get food stamps, HUD, medicaid, etc., right? Help through the Red Cross that cross-eyes us while allowing housing for them...and who will remember to send them back?

Why didn't the Dominican Republic absorb this

Did I state that right? Every year at this time I get bronchitis or pneumonia...am on antibiotics...maybe I shouldn't be posting. Where those missionaries are jailed, why didn't that country help out more?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 6:07 pm

UrRight wrote:
But they will get food stamps, HUD, medicaid, etc., right? Help through the Red Cross that cross-eyes us while allowing housing for them...and who will remember to send them back?

Why didn't the Dominican Republic absorb this

Did I state that right? Every year at this time I get bronchitis or pneumonia...am on antibiotics...maybe I shouldn't be posting. Where those missionaries are jailed, why didn't that country help out more?

Maybe Sweden could take them. LOL. When I was in Trollhatten back in November I went through a section that was full of Iraqi refugees. The Swedes treated them wonderfully. Free apartments, food, health care, they are actually given money to go to school. It's insane. They collect a paycheck for getting educated. I won't lie, I'm jealous that I have to pay out my ass for my education.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/18/2010, 9:48 pm

paul87920 wrote:
I can't imagine a Haitian being qualified to do any work in the United States. I'm guessing most have never seen a computer before let alone know how to operate a cash register. I guess they are going to give the Cubans in Florida a run for their money on who is more qualified to clean rooms at the Ramada...

Think agriculture.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty2/19/2010, 8:59 am

Artie60438 wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

Think agriculture.

I did think about that. Is that why the gov't pays my Uncle not to farm for years and years. He toook that money and instead, grew a nursery on the land. So, if that's the case, and many from my hometown were farmers, they are paid NOT to farm.

So, are we gonna send them to Carter's peanut farm, or will the hatchback honchos in Mexico take them in? California....used to be ok, but with the weather lately...no jobs.

Yep Paul, feel your pain! My daughter is almost done paying off her college and she graduated 4 or more years ago...and she had scholarships, grants, etc.

She's temporarily on unemployment, but it's breaking her to still having to pay for it...but suppose to be back on PR tours this spring...those world tour shows. Last year it was Britney. Her boss moved to CT, and she refused to move from LA...she was his right hand. So, he gave in to allow her to do the tours only. But, it is really sickening...so many out of jobs, and here we think we can provide jobs to these people? Why didn't Cuba take them in?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!   Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Haitians: WE HAVE NO JOBS!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: