Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gay Marriage and Bisexuality

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Gay Marriage and Bisexuality Empty
PostSubject: Gay Marriage and Bisexuality   Gay Marriage and Bisexuality Empty12/29/2008, 2:03 pm

A few good questions.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZDQ0Y2VhOWIxYjI2MmExMTk4YmQ1ZjYwYTllMzc3ZTY=

How does gay marriage help a bisexual? I assume that if you are bisexual, you believe that you need to have sexual relationships with both men and women. If you are a bisexual man married to a woman, don’t you need to break the marriage bond to express your bisexuality? If you choose to express just the homosexual side of your bisexuality, then aren’t you gay? Likewise, if you choose to express only the heterosexual side, how are you a bisexual? Why is bisexuality not a recipe for infidelity?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

Gay Marriage and Bisexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay Marriage and Bisexuality   Gay Marriage and Bisexuality Empty12/29/2008, 8:23 pm

happy jack wrote:
A few good questions.

Yeah, well I don't have a lot of respect for Ms Charen, and tripe like this op-ed piece is the reason why...

happy jack wrote:
I assume that if you are bisexual, you believe that you need to have sexual relationships with both men and women

As I understand it, bisexual means that a person is attracted to both sexes, not that he or she "needs" to have sexual relationships.

happy jack wrote:

If you are a bisexual man married to a woman, don’t you need to break the marriage bond to express your bisexuality?

Perhaps to "express" your bisexuality. But I guess a bisexual male could be happily married to a woman. Why not?

happy jack wrote:
If you choose to express just the homosexual side of your bisexuality, then aren’t you gay?

No, because presumably such a person would still be attracted to the opposite sex, so I guess that makes him or her bisexual, by definition.

happy jack wrote:
Why is bisexuality not a recipe for infidelity?

I seriously doubt that it's any more likely that a bisexual person would stray than a heterosexual person would...
Do you honestly think that it's more likely? Why?
Back to top Go down

Gay Marriage and Bisexuality
Page 1 of 1