Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty
PostSubject: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/18/2009, 10:01 am

ABC conducted a poll from Nov 12-15 of adults nationwide and found that Democrats still continue to hold large margins over the Republicans with respect to who they trust to do a better job in "coping with the main problems the nation faces".

Adults trusted Democrats over Republicans, 47% to 31%. Republicans were as behind as 33% just after Obama was elected. Some could say they are narrowing the gap, but others would say they still have a long way to go.

The last time the Republicans held a lead was when Bush was reelected in 2004 so this suggests the Republican party is not out of the clear for the 2012 election. Would voters really vote in a presidential candidate of a party they did not trust -- despite their feelings on Obama and the Democrats?

Adults trust "Obama over the Republicans in Congress to handle the economy by a 15-point margin, 52 to 37 percent". And on health care by 13-point margin.

What remains odd with all this is if Democrats are trusted by a 16% margin, why do congressional polls show Republicans are competitive?

The same poll found that Obama had a 56% approval rating and a 61% favorable rating.

Americans by 2-1, 61 percent to 31 percent, say leaders of the Republican Party are mainly criticizing Obama without presenting other ideas, rather than offering alternatives to his proposals.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/18/2009, 1:52 pm

Artie, please, it isn't about demos' or repos' anymore. It's about what person we can trust. I don't trust the party. I only trust the politico, no matter what party they are from.

Our country is in dire situations. We are only seeing the beginning of what will be worse than ever for a few years. It's not just the repos' and the demos' that did it. It was the integrity of a bunch of everyone over the course of the last decade that now they seem to find them in a fix.

We need to blame those that were to look out for the well-being of our country, those that shipped our jobs overseas, and did everything the opposite after WWII got the economy on the right track, but turned it around in the name of greed, and that includes both parties, individuals from both parties.

They just voted a 24% raise for themselves in Congress, and they are allowed to do that. Although most of Congress are millionaires, they denied a small cost-of-living to the very people that are still alive, battling illnesses, old age, a little cost of living increase in their Social Security.

As quoting from an article I posted sometime ago (I don't feel like looking it up), Congress is to blame for our prior and present problems.

My opinion about Obama is that I thought he would pull through as a leader. He's obviously still being advised by Congress. The lobbyists control the legislatures, that in turn, influence Congress, which is not what our founding fathers had in mind.

If you think things are bad now, it will continue to decline even worse than ever in the future. I'm not blaming Obama; I'm blaming the same white house as we knew it. Second thought, Obama promised transperancy, and a White House as we never knew it before.

Once in office, that changes. I'll give him a little rope. He's been in office for only since January, but he's got a "heck of a road" and a long road, to convince the Americans he's changing, and "Yes WE CAN".

In all fairness, I'll give him more time. Meanwhile, politicians are so damn crooked, they are the ones destroying not just America as we knew it, but the American we won't possibly ever feel, see and dream of again.

On the local level, just look at Chicago - McCormick vendors are taking their business elsewhere. Parking with the meters, outsourced, fees hiked, mismanaged, etc. Parking garages, hotel fees, taxes, food at the McCormick Inn came back to bite Mayor Daley's butt. So they turn around and make it a 24/7 duty to tow cars away that have more than two tickets to try and cover that up.

Then as soon as Stroger's 1/2 penny on the dollar gets vetoed, the park district announces a hike in the children's day camp and whatever. The museum is charging more...so they think since someone isn't parking their butts downtown, the conventions aren't happening, the sales tax was reduced, yet will go for another ride at taxpayers' expense at the ego of Stroger, they will think people really want to go downtown? They also are gonna hike the boat slips. Those boats will park in Michigan or along Indiana, if Indiana is smart enough to add more slips. It all goes in a circle.

Demos' or Repos', they're all mostly full of shitz.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/18/2009, 5:36 pm

UrRight wrote:
They just voted a 24% raise for themselves in Congress, and they are allowed to do that.

No, I don't think that is correct. In fact, I know it isn't. Where in the world did you get the idea that Congress "just voted themselves a 24% raise?"
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/19/2009, 7:58 am

Lou Dobbs is Fox News in a nutshell, no pun intended. I heard CNN fired him. As long as the only platform of the repubs is to bash the dems as if the past 8 years never happened, I will continue to be wary of the snakes that put our economy in this position. I have yet to hear any alternative ideas from repubs to improve the economy and create jobs. All I hear from Palin and her Rogue media is that Dems are ruining this country. This country was in shambles 11 months ago when Obama took office. After ~3000 days of Bush/Cheney leading us down a terrible path focused on greed for big oil and private industry, they expect Obama to right the ship in just over 300. They need to quit pushing the blame for this mess on Obama, take responsibility, and develop some plans of their own to right their wrongs....
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/19/2009, 12:33 pm

Scorpion wrote:
UrRight wrote:
They just voted a 24% raise for themselves in Congress, and they are allowed to do that.

No, I don't think that is correct. In fact, I know it isn't. Where in the world did you get the idea that Congress "just voted themselves a 24% raise?"

I read it more than once. The Watchdogs either at the Tribune site, or the Sun-Times "Watchdog group. Also, I've read it in editorials. May have been in other numerous articles, also, and in public comments. But the figure went from 22% to 24%. I gotta go. Will look it up when I get home. I'm on lunch. Promise I'll get back with the links later.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/19/2009, 12:42 pm

UrRight wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
UrRight wrote:

I read it more than once. The Watchdogs either at the Tribune site, or the Sun-Times "Watchdog group. Also, I've read it in etirorials. But the figure went from 22% to 24%. I gotta go. Will look it up when I get home. On lunch.

You're dead wrong and thanks to Scorpion for pointing it out. I need to start paying closer attention to your political posts.

In January, Congress got a pay raise of $4,700, bringing their salaries to $174,000. That's about a 2 1/2% increase. In 2010 there will be no increases.

From Factcheck.org
A Zero Pay Raise for Congress, Too
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/19/2009, 4:09 pm

Here you go...

http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/agencies/a/raise4congress.htm

Want a raise? Don't beg to your boss. Just vote yourself one. That's what the United States Congress just did. For the fifth year in a row, lawmakers voted not to reject their automatic "cost of living" raise that will increase the annual salary of members by $3,400 to a total of $158,103 per year.
In 1989, Congress passed an amendment allowing for the automatic raises, unless lawmakers specifically voted to reject it. Which Congress did, until 2000.

The fiscal year 2004 Transportation and Treasury Department Appropriations bill included Congress' 2.2 percent pay raise, along with a 4.1 percent raise for federal workers and military personnel.

"Members of Congress have the only job in the country whose occupants can set their own salary without regard to performance, profit, or economic climate," said Tom Schatz, president of the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste in a press release. "Clearly, members must think that money grows on trees. With a $480 billion deficit, the escalating cost of the war in Iraq, and a stagnant economy, Congress should be curbing spending, not lining their pockets at our expense."

In the House of Representatives, Rep. Jim Matheson's (D-Utah, 2nd) motion to bring the pay raise to a separate vote was rejected 240-173. The Senate must still pass the bill and it must then be signed by President Bush before the pay raises can take effect. Individual members are free to refuse their pay increases, and some choose to do so.

Congress has now voted itself a total of $16,700 in raises over the last six years. Since 1990, congressional pay has increased from $98,400 to $154,700 in 2003.

Individual members are free to refuse their pay increases, and some choose to do so.

From 1789 to 1815, members of Congress received only a per diem (daily payment) of $6.00 while in session. Members began receiving an annual salary in 1815, when they were paid $1,500 per year.

"This underserved pay raise is no surprise, as the 108th Congress has shown a voracious appetite for spending," Schatz concluded. "It goes to show how out of touch with reality politicians can be. They forget that their salaries are paid by taxpayers. Americans are being forced to tighten their belts—if they even have a job—yet members of Congress will have an extra $3,400 to do with as they please."

Also See:
Salaries and Benefits of Congress
Presidential Pay and Benefits

Don't ever try and mess with a person who worked for the "CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION," turned to the "OFFICE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT" who also worked under the direct supervision of the OMB, Staffing, Administrative Office, who's primary role was the assistant to the National Labor Relations Office, then promoted to the assistant to the Deputy Regional Director's office, who begged me to stay, and like a dumb-head left, cuz I saw the waste. I was to be the National Labor Relations Director's top secretary, but got sick of watching his legs on top of the desk, reading the Wall-Street Journal and calling me "bimbo head". I got promoted and made myself indispensible, having the head of the regional office, begging me to stay.

Nothing changed. Except I screwed myself. I should have just did what they did...nothing. Waste taxpayers' money. But I was young and stupid. You know, HONEST?

The only thing they missed were the parties I planned to boost the morale. It's a shame I disappointed them when they planned my "farewell" party. Heard they were disappointed. You can only play elfs for so long for so many times a year at those Christmas parties I arranged on Lake Shore Drive...pining every young one to dress up as elves. Convincing little Mikey the quad to dress up as Santa in his wheel chair when he could only speak, "YEP!". Well we had fun, but it got boring after 5 years.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/19/2009, 4:15 pm

Oops! I just read this over..let me get back to you on the latest whopping raise.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty11/19/2009, 5:05 pm

UrRight wrote:
Oops! I just read this over..let me get back to you on the latest whopping raise.

Don't waste your time. From the Factcheck article that artie posted earlier...

Quote :
The fact is that Congress voted in March to give itself a zero pay raise in 2010. The language is in Public Law 111-8, the Omnibus Appropriation Act for the current fiscal year, which was signed March 11. Tucked away at the very end of the 466-page spending bill is the following language:

Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Pay%20freeze

Quote :
But the fact is, as the laws stand now, both those in Congress and those on Social Security will be getting exactly the same increase in January: zero.

Face it, you're simply incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans   Americans Still Trust Democrats Over Republicans Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: