Senator Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy

February 22, 1932 – August 25, 2009

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/27/2009, 12:37 am

Nice piece from the New York Times...

After a Grim Diagnosis, Determined to Make a ‘Good Ending'

Bill Greene/The Boston Globe

Mr. Kennedy at Fenway Park in Boston before delivering the ceremonial first pitch on opening day for the Red Sox this April, driven by the former Red Sox great Jim Rice.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/27/2009, 8:55 pm

Thanks - great link.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/28/2009, 1:18 am

Ran across this and thought it was kind of cool, so I figured I'd post it...

From The Nation, by Eric Alterman

A (Very) Short Story About a Photograph

Quote :
Back in January 2007, I took my kid to Washington to enjoy the festivities surrounding the inauguration of the first ever female speaker of the House, together with a (mostly) Dead reunion that night. Before the concert, I stopped off at a reception for my good friend and favorite Congressman, Jim McGovern of Massachusetts.

As the kid and I were walking in -- she was eight by the way -- we were joined at door by the senior senator from Massachusetts. We said hello and he did that thing that politicians do sometimes in front of kids, which is act like they are thrilled to meet the great man who is their dad, which was nice given who he was, and all, but even better, he asked us to turn around and go back to his van so he could introduce the kid to his dog, who was waiting there.

We did and then he asked me if I would please take a photo, since this was such an exciting moment for him. It's a crappy photograph, as you can see, but one this family will always treasure.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/29/2009, 2:44 am

Another nice piece from the New York Times...

Kennedy’s Closest Confidante, in Politics and Life

L. Ryan/The Boston Globe

Senator Edward M. Kennedy and his wife, Victoria, leaving Massachusetts General Hospital in May 2008 after his diagnosis of a brain tumor. They “never wasted a day,” one friend said.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/29/2009, 9:03 am

HBO is going to broadcast a documentary starting Tuesday. CNN ran it last night after the memorial ceremony so it will probably air again on cable soon. I watched parts of it and look forward to seeing it in it's entirety next week.
Airing TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 at 7pm on HBO; THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 at 11:15pm on HBO2 and FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 at 9pm on HBO SIGNATURE.
Quote :

TEDDY: IN HIS OWN WORDS deftly combines the Senator's own voice - culled from past commentary, speeches and public and private sources - with archival newsreel and television footage, iconic photographs and rarely seen archival footage, such as home movies and photographs, to tell the sweeping saga of Teddy Kennedy. What emerges is a portrait of a crusader who has kept his eye on the most important public goals, from civil rights and desegregation to minimum wage and health reform, despite a series of personal tragedies and crises. As the film shows, none of these setbacks derailed his career, and the rejuvenating bonds he shares with members of his illustrious family continue to this day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/29/2009, 9:16 am

Who cares?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/29/2009, 6:10 pm

Based on coverage today, a lot.

On another note, a social studies teacher told us, "Never ask who cares, because someone always does."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/29/2009, 6:36 pm

Teddy Kennedy Jr gave an amazing speech at the funeral today. I,like almost everyone had never heard him speak before. When he finished my immediate thought was...Please think about running for office.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 7:39 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Teddy Kennedy Jr gave an amazing speech at the funeral today. I,like almost everyone had never heard him speak before. When he finished my immediate thought was...Please think about running for office.
You'd vote for a chimpanzee, as long as it was a Democrat...Oh wait, you already did!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 8:10 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
You'd vote for a chimpanzee, as long as it was a Democrat...Oh wait, you already did!

When was the last time a candidate you backed got elected,genius? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 8:59 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Once again, you are impressed with a speech...the last guy you were impressed with based on his speaking eloquence was Nobama...ever consider qualifications? Typical Dumbocrat! (_o_)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 9:07 am

Artie60438 wrote:
When was the last time a candidate you backed got elected,genius? lol!
Hey Art...I'm not as OLD as you, so my voting history is not as long...consider another approach!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 9:17 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Once again, you are impressed with a speech...the last guy you were impressed with based on his speaking eloquence was Nobama...ever consider qualifications? Typical Dumbocrat! (_o_)

Quote :
Edward Moore Kennedy, Jr. (born September 26, 1961) (also known as Ted Kennedy, Jr.) is an American entrepreneur, investment banker and lawyer. He is a co-founder and the president of the Marwood Group, a financial-services firm headquartered in New York City, New York.

Just the fact that Teddy Jr upsets a GOPosaur like yourself, tells me that he has a very bright future.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 2:18 pm

LoisLane wrote:

Who should we have voted for? The old man and his crazy creationist sidekick? You didn't vote for them either, remember?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 4:03 pm

Heretic wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Who should we have voted for? The old man and his crazy creationist sidekick? You didn't vote for them either, remember?
You're right...I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 5:47 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Heretic wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

You're right...I didn't.

So which loser did you finally end up voting for?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 8:51 pm

Heretic wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
You're right...I didn't.

So again... who should we have voted for? Who would have done all the things right that Obama has done wrong? You mentioned qualifications. So who would have been the better choice?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   8/30/2009, 9:35 pm

This is the pinnacle of hypocrisy....

Kennedys paid for GOP congressional candidate's healthcare
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   3/23/2010, 8:28 pm

I think we would be remiss if we didn't remember Ted Kennedy on this very special day. Thank you Senator for your hard and relentless efforts that led to this very special day. The nation truly owes you a debt of gratitude and we will never forget you.

Truly....."The Dream Lives On"!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   3/24/2010, 12:34 am

Amen to that...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   9/6/2012, 9:00 am

A great tribute to the late Sen Ted Kennedy at the DNC. If you want a preview of what's going to happen to Mittens at the upcoming debates with the President start @ 1:40 into the video

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   11/6/2012, 9:32 pm

"The Dream Lives On"...

Warren unseats GOP Sen. Brown in Massachusetts
Quote :
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Elizabeth Warren has unseated Republican Sen. Scott Brown in Massachusetts, giving Democrats their second pickup of the night of a Republican Senate seat.
I can't think of a more deserving person than Elizabeth Warren to reclaim Teddy's seat.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   12/14/2015, 4:21 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fifty-shades-grey-director-tackling-848494

'Fifty Shades of Grey' Director Tackling Ted Kennedy Thriller 'Chappaquiddick' (Exclusive)

It seems that it would be a challenge to maintain the suspense of this incident long enough to make it into a ‘thriller’, seeing that the plot is essentially:

He drank.
He drove.
She drowned.
He ran.
He lied.

The End
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dream Shall Never Die   

Back to top Go down

The Dream Shall Never Die
View previous topic View next topic Back to top