Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Passion

avatar

Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 2:27 pm

Now come on. You knew this, right? Let's look at the one that was forced to resign because of "the conservative media."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

http://origin2.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508948,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_%28organization%29
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 2:39 pm

Scorpion wrote:
What are you talking about? Who are these former "Weather Underground members" that have been given "prominent roles in this administration's policy making decisions?" I'd really like to see some more info on that... if you have any links that prove that assertion, then please post them.

Thanks!

Is this that Bill Ayers thing again? It's the only thing I could find. If it is, then it's easily settled:

Nutty today > nutty 20 years ago.

If there are members of the current administration prone to such hilarious, illogical, and unfounded conspiracy theories as the attendees of these rallies, then there's reason to be worried. But I've not seen any evidence supporting that assertion.
Back to top Go down
Passion

avatar

Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 2:40 pm

Unfounded? LMAO

And maybe we can look at the ties to Mark Rudd and others?

http://www.conservapedia.com/Mark_Rudd
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 2:47 pm

Looks like I was right. But "prominent roles in this administration's policy making decisions"? I wasn't aware of that.

Passion wrote:
Unfounded? LMAO

And maybe we can look at the ties to Mark Rudd and others?

http://www.conservapedia.com/Mark_Rudd

Yes. The ridiculous conspiracies being fronted at these rallies are just complete nonsense unsupported by facts. And again, nutty today > nutty twenty years ago. If you have proof that individuals given "prominent roles in this administration's policy making decisions" are as prone to conspiracies right now as these idiot attendees, I could rally behind your statement. For now, I remain unconvinced.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 4:20 pm

Passion wrote:
Unfounded? LMAO

And maybe we can look at the ties to Mark Rudd and others?

http://www.conservapedia.com/Mark_Rudd

You had to cite conservapedia as a source? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1888

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 4:59 pm

Passion wrote:
Now come on. You knew this, right? Let's look at the one that was forced to resign because of "the conservative media."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

http://origin2.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508948,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_%28organization%29

Bill Ayers never held any position in the Obama Administration. I assume that you're thinking about Van Jones? Sorry, but he was never a member of the Weather Underground.

Mark Rudd holds no position in the Obama Administration.

So, to sum up, you are 0-3 on your examples of former "Weather Underground members who have prominent roles in this administration's policy making decisions."

Not a good start... got anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1888

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 5:25 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
A little over the top? More like the mental patients have taken over the asylum.

To be honest, I really haven't seen much of the news since I've been out of the country, and I hadn't been paying too much attention to it over the summer. I will take your word for it though.

Yeah, I'll bet that television really sucks in Havana...
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/15/2009, 6:29 pm

paul87920 wrote:
You had to cite conservapedia as a source? Suspect

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Wink
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/16/2009, 2:48 am

Scorpion wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
A little over the top? More like the mental patients have taken over the asylum.

To be honest, I really haven't seen much of the news since I've been out of the country, and I hadn't been paying too much attention to it over the summer. I will take your word for it though.

Yeah, I'll bet that television really sucks in Havana...

We get four channels here, but I've been busy with classes, I'm not in Havana though. I'm in the UK for a semester.

I saw the "Bury the Obamacare with Kennedy" sign on the other thread, and was thoroughly disgusted with it. Personally I don't think there's room to bury Obamacare. To many teabagger heads are buried in the ground for that. I'm glad to be back and posting again.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1888

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/16/2009, 3:12 am

paul87920 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
A little over the top? More like the mental patients have taken over the asylum.

To be honest, I really haven't seen much of the news since I've been out of the country, and I hadn't been paying too much attention to it over the summer. I will take your word for it though.

Yeah, I'll bet that television really sucks in Havana...

We get four channels here, but I've been busy with classes, I'm not in Havana though. I'm in the UK for a semester.

I saw the "Bury the Obamacare with Kennedy" sign on the other thread, and was thoroughly disgusted with it. Personally I don't think there's room to bury Obamacare. To many teabagger heads are buried in the ground for that. I'm glad to be back and posting again.

I was just kidding about Havana, Paul. It was just an obscure reference to an old discussion from another thread...

http://nofree.forumotion.com/nation-world-f11/school-sued-over-a-song-in-god-we-still-trust-t633-73.htm

It's good to see you back!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/16/2009, 6:00 am

paul87920 wrote:
I'm glad to be back and posting again.

Me too. We missed you.
Back to top Go down
Passion

avatar

Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/17/2009, 2:21 am

paul87920 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
A little over the top? More like the mental patients have taken over the asylum.

To be honest, I really haven't seen much of the news since I've been out of the country, and I hadn't been paying too much attention to it over the summer. I will take your word for it though.

Yeah, I'll bet that television really sucks in Havana...

We get four channels here, but I've been busy with classes, I'm not in Havana though. I'm in the UK for a semester.

I saw the "Bury the Obamacare with Kennedy" sign on the other thread, and was thoroughly disgusted with it. Personally I don't think there's room to bury Obamacare. To many teabagger heads are buried in the ground for that. I'm glad to be back and posting again.

Were you here I have no doubt that you would yourself be one of those so-called teabagger heads. As for seeing the news here Fox News caught one network in an outright lie as they also were filming an event in question.

I forget which network, might have been MSNBC, claimed some guy at a rally was a white racist with a gun strapped to his back. Problem is that in reality it was in fact a black guy. LMAO Talk about so-called news reporters being unethical to manufacture a point! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Passion

avatar

Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/17/2009, 3:02 am

Scorpion wrote:
Passion wrote:
Now come on. You knew this, right? Let's look at the one that was forced to resign because of "the conservative media."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

http://origin2.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508948,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_%28organization%29

Bill Ayers never held any position in the Obama Administration. I assume that you're thinking about Van Jones? Sorry, but he was never a member of the Weather Underground.

Mark Rudd holds no position in the Obama Administration.

So, to sum up, you are 0-3 on your examples of former "Weather Underground members who have prominent roles in this administration's policy making decisions."

Not a good start... got anyone else?

Oh I think the connections will soon become more clear. I mean after all you don't have to be on the government's official payroll to get a check from the government, now do you?

Speaking of which, since Obama supporters want to to downplay any such connections I just came across this interesting little sideline tidbit.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/16240/

And what do we know about the "New Party?"

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/17150/

Don't worry. Connect the dots is coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/17/2009, 6:57 am

Passion wrote:
Oh I think the connections will soon become more clear. I mean after all you don't have to be on the government's official payroll to get a check from the government, now do you?

Hmm... I'm afraid I have to wait until, you know... you actually have proof of this nefarious conspiracy. Sleep

Passion wrote:
Speaking of which, since Obama supporters want to to downplay any such connections I just came across this interesting little sideline tidbit.

You just came across information discussed ad nauseum a year ago before the elections? Seriously? Suspect

Passion wrote:
Don't worry. Connect the dots is coming soon!

It's been a year. How long must we wait for this Grand Revelation? Or can Beck only focus on one ridiculous conspiracy at a time?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1888

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/17/2009, 2:34 pm

Passion wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Passion wrote:
Now come on. You knew this, right? Let's look at the one that was forced to resign because of "the conservative media."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

http://origin2.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508948,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_%28organization%29

Bill Ayers never held any position in the Obama Administration. I assume that you're thinking about Van Jones? Sorry, but he was never a member of the Weather Underground.

Mark Rudd holds no position in the Obama Administration.

So, to sum up, you are 0-3 on your examples of former "Weather Underground members who have prominent roles in this administration's policy making decisions."

Not a good start... got anyone else?

Oh I think the connections will soon become more clear. I mean after all you don't have to be on the government's official payroll to get a check from the government, now do you?

Speaking of which, since Obama supporters want to to downplay any such connections I just came across this interesting little sideline tidbit.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/16240/

And what do we know about the "New Party?"

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/17150/

Don't worry. Connect the dots is coming soon!

I see. So you've gone from the bold, totally unsubstantiated assertion that Obama has "Weather Underground members who have prominent roles in this administration's policy making decisions,"
to "someday, someone will connect the dots" in Obama's past?

IMHO, it would have been better to simply retract your original statement, because it has been proven to be demonstrably false.

Now I guess your best bet is to keep wishing that a Prince will come someday and expose the "connections."



Hey, it worked for Snow!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/18/2009, 4:22 pm

Passion wrote:
Were you here I have no doubt that you would yourself be one of those so-called teabagger heads.

Nope, would never be a teabagger. My Uncle Phil was always working poor. Worked his ass off and died of pneumonia because he had no health insurance at the age of 33. There's no reason why my Uncle who had a job, was busting his ass, and working harder than these overpaid paper pushers had to die. I just cant be so cold and callous as to say no to people who need healthcare. I'd like to think that I have a soul. I guess it's hard for people who have not been personally affected to understand.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/21/2009, 12:30 pm

Passion wrote:
As for seeing the news here Fox News caught one network in an outright lie as they also were filming an event in question.

I forget which network, might have been MSNBC, claimed some guy at a rally was a white racist with a gun strapped to his back. Problem is that in reality it was in fact a black guy. LMAO Talk about so-called news reporters being unethical to manufacture a point! Laughing

I noticed that you neglected to provide any proof of that. Do you have any? You wanna see 'unethical"? Watch this...Candid Camera: Behind the scenes video at 9/12 protest shows Fox News producer coaching crowd
Fox News producer encouraging a crowd to scream and holler during a "report" by Fox News' Griff Jenkins at the 9/12 protest:


Here's how it looked on Fox News

I guess it wasn't enough for Fox News to promote the hell out of Glenn Beck's 9/12 death march – they also needed to incite the crowd – you know, get them nice and pumped up so they'd looked good for the cameras.

Fair & Balanced? More like Fake & Staged.
Back to top Go down
Passion

avatar

Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/25/2009, 3:24 am

Why exactly do you have a problem with Glenn Beck? Could it be that he is close enough to being right?

I mean truthfully why would anyone not somehow receiving money from the government actually support all of what Congress is passing and Obama is signing? Did we need to be in a hurry to bailout the banks only to find out now we may have to bail them out again because some apparently squandered the money the 1st time? Is a healthcare bill that won't even take effect for 4 years so "urgent" that we can't let the public have 3 days to read it before voting? Not that Congress can be expected to read it themselves, of course. And who are we kidding? Cash 4 Clunkers was a bad joke!

Obviously I do not support much of anything that has happened in Washington since January. Wasn't too thrilled with either party before that either. But what happened to Obama's promise to get our troops home? Now the guy he appointed to oversee Afghanistan says we need more troops ASAP. Meanwhile Obama does nothing. No pullout and no additional troops. You can't have it both ways when the guy who's your expert says you must get off the fence and pick a direction. It's headed to the point where it can be said Obama lied and our soldiers died. Obviously I'm very loosely paraphrasing the General's report.

Yea and never mind just cancelling the European missle defense shield without getting anything from the Russians. I mean we didn't actually have to build the thing. All the guy had to do is sell it to the Russians as a bluff and see what they would have give up to kill it.

Isn't it funny that the Obama supporters here can not find any fault with the President or the Democrats? Is this because of blind loyalty or do we maybe need to investigate the institutions that have been teaching the praises of Big Brother government?
Back to top Go down
Passion

avatar

Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/25/2009, 3:40 am

paul87920 wrote:
Passion wrote:
Were you here I have no doubt that you would yourself be one of those so-called teabagger heads.

Nope, would never be a teabagger. My Uncle Phil was always working poor. Worked his ass off and died of pneumonia because he had no health insurance at the age of 33. There's no reason why my Uncle who had a job, was busting his ass, and working harder than these overpaid paper pushers had to die. I just cant be so cold and callous as to say no to people who need healthcare. I'd like to think that I have a soul. I guess it's hard for people who have not been personally affected to understand.

What you are missing here is the difference between what you are being promised and what the reality would be. Free lunch sounds good until you're the one picking up the check. But at the risk of taking the analogy too far if the food is bad nobody really will be too pleased.

There is some agreement that we should open insurance coverage across state lines, improve portability, eliminate pre-existing conditions penalties, and things along those lines. The problem is both with this attempt to push a bill through before anybody can read it and the creation of a government plan that brings concerns of eventually taking over and killing the private sector plans. So why not just pass the parts most people agree on? There's the nut of the hostility. Personally I oppose the $3,700 penalty or whatever it is for not having any insurance plan. Not sure how that would have affected your uncle.

That said the tea bag movement is not solely about the healthcare proposals. You could argue that it is also an attempt to move us back to a more Libertarian-like mindset and away from an overbearing government hell bent on micromanaging everybody's lives.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/25/2009, 9:10 am

Passion wrote:
Why exactly do you have a problem with Glenn Beck? Could it be that he is close enough to being right?

Glenn Beck is nothing more than an ignorant shock jock who thrives on divisiveness and fear tactics. Luckily for him,he has a show on a fake news channel that constantly distorts the news and offers right-wing opinions as facts.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/25/2009, 9:33 am

Passion wrote:
Why exactly do you have a problem with Glenn Beck? Could it be that he is close enough to being right?

No, he's not. He's just another two bit hack on TV capitalizing on his audience's ignorance; he's a conspiracy theorist's wet dream. He gives safe haven for all sorts of conspiracy nonsense. As I've pointed out before, it's enough nonsense to make sane conservatives nervous. There's also wonderful article on his brand of crazy isn't new or original that's well worth a read.

Passion wrote:
Obviously I do not support much of anything that has happened in Washington since January. Wasn't too thrilled with either party before that either. But what happened to Obama's promise to get our troops home? Now the guy he appointed to oversee Afghanistan says we need more troops ASAP. Meanwhile Obama does nothing. No pullout and no additional troops. You can't have it both ways when the guy who's your expert says you must get off the fence and pick a direction. It's headed to the point where it can be said Obama lied and our soldiers died. Obviously I'm very loosely paraphrasing the General's report.

You're also loosely paraphrasing his response. He's in discussions with military advisers on a specific plan as well as an actual endgame, instead of blindly wasting money, lives, and ammo. The logistics of this war are entirely different than Iraq, and just adding more may not be the most effective response. Weren't you talking about efficiency in government? If you're as concerned for the economy and your fellow Americans as you claim, I would think that you'd find that an awfully rational response.

Passion wrote:
Yea and never mind just cancelling the European missle defense shield without getting anything from the Russians. I mean we didn't actually have to build the thing. All the guy had to do is sell it to the Russians as a bluff and see what they would have give up to kill it.

Actually, he's just opting for something that might actually work. But hey, since Beck is your standard... why let something like reality ruin your fun?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/27/2009, 7:25 am

Passion wrote:
There is some agreement that we should open insurance coverage across state lines, improve portability, eliminate pre-existing conditions penalties, and things along those lines.

Then clearly whether it's intended or not, the wrong message is being sent by the teabagging group. With their "Obama Eats Babies" protest signs I don't think most people would realize that there is some agreement on the plan.

Passion wrote:
So why not just pass the parts most people agree on?

I think a bill like that would have to be introduced first...


Passion wrote:
You could argue that it is also an attempt to move us back to a more Libertarian-like mindset and away from an overbearing government hell bent on micromanaging everybody's lives.

Aren't they a little too late to get pissed off now? Ron Paul formally ended his campaign 15 months ago.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/27/2009, 9:08 am

No wonder this kook is the new darling of the right. He's got the same credentials as the drunk,GW Bush,and their current party leader,The Drugster Rush Limbaugh....


Glenn Beck, high as a kite
by Jed Lewison
Sat Sep 26, 2009 at 01:30:04 PM PDT

From Alexander Zaitchik's three part (1, 2, and 3) mini-biography of Glenn Beck on Salon.com comes [url=Glenn Beck, high as a kite by Jed Lewison Digg this! Share this on Twitter - Glenn Beck, high as a kiteTweet this submit to reddit Share This Sat Sep 26, 2009 at 01 PM PDT From Alexander Zaitchik's three part (1, 2, and 3) mini-biography of Glenn Beck on Salon.com comes this nugget:

Quote :
Beck was known at B104 as a pro's pro in the studio but was becoming increasingly unraveled when not working. "Beck used to get hammered after every show at this little bar-café down the street," remembers a music programmer who worked with Beck. "At first we thought he was going to get lunch." The extent to which Beck was struggling to keep it together is highlighted by Beck's arrest one afternoon just outside Baltimore. He was speeding in his DeLorean with one of the car's gull-wing doors wide open when the cops pulled him over. According to a former colleague, Beck was "completely out of it" when a B104 manager went down to the station to bail him out. In his 2003 book, "Real America," Beck refers to himself as a borderline schizophrenic. Whether that statement is matter-of-fact or intended for effect, he has spoken more than once about taking drugs for ADHD, and when he was at B104, Beck's coworkers believed him to be taking prescription medication for some kind of mental or psychological ills. "He used to complain that his medication made him feel like he was 'under wet blankets,'" remembers the former music programmer.

Today, when Beck wants to illustrate the jerk he used to be, he tells the story of the time he fired an employee for bringing him the wrong pen during a promotional event. According to former colleagues in Baltimore, Beck didn't just fire people in fits of rage -- he fired them slowly and publicly. "He used to take people to a bar and sit them down and just humiliate them in public. He was a sadist, the kind of guy who rips wings off of flies," remembers a colleague.

According to Zaitchik's article, Beck claims to have gotten high every single day from ages 16 through 31, using marijuana, cocaine, and booze. He hopped from job-to-job for years, earning a reputation as a major-league anti-social misfit. He considered suicide in the mid-1990s, but thanks to having lucked into a job at a Clear Channel-owned station in 1992 (before the company exploded into a broadcasting behemoth), Beck in the late 90s managed to get the break that would set his career on fire, landing a talk show in Tampa, Florida.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/9/26/785371/-Glenn-Beck,-high-as-a-kite
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/27/2009, 4:31 pm

How to get a show on Fox news and become the darling of the right wing.......
Back to top Go down
UrRight



Posts : 3993

PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   9/27/2009, 7:36 pm

Glen Beck is STILL RIGHT!



[/i]

afro affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives   

Back to top Go down
 
More Glenn Beck Sponsors Run For Their Lives
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: