Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The census

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

The census Empty
PostSubject: The census   The census Empty6/30/2009, 9:17 pm

What did I miss? When did this become the Biggest. Conspiracy. Ever.? What's the brouhaha about and why is it such a concern now? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

The census Empty
PostSubject: Re: The census   The census Empty6/30/2009, 10:29 pm

Heretic wrote:
What did I miss? When did this become the Biggest. Conspiracy. Ever.? What's the brouhaha about and why is it such a concern now? Suspect

I wasn't aware that it had flared up again. Here is an article from February, after Senator Judd Gregg (R) decided that he no longer wanted to be the nominee for Commerce Secretary. As I understand it, the dispute is about the manner in which the count will be conducted... whether a direct count of every individual is required, or whether "sampling" techniques can be used.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1879667,00.html
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

The census Empty
PostSubject: Re: The census   The census Empty7/1/2009, 7:02 am

Heretic wrote:

It's wingnut kook Michelle Bachmann at her finest....

Bachmann: Census Could Send People to Camps

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., says Americans should refuse to comply with the Obama administration’s 2010 census because the data could be used for nefarious purposes, including the imprisonment of Americans in internment camps.

Appearing on Fox News, Bachmann said it was the census that allowed the internment of the Japanese during World War II. She also boasted about breaking the law in refusing to complete the census form she received.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

The census Empty
PostSubject: Re: The census   The census Empty7/1/2009, 7:44 am

Artie60438 wrote:

Exactly... That's what I kept seeing and I didn't understand it at all. Her mental diarrhea combined with Hannity and Glen Beck's standard share of stupid left me reeling. affraid

Thanks for the link, Scorp! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

The census Empty
PostSubject: Re: The census   The census Empty7/1/2009, 12:51 pm

Heretic wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Exactly... That's what I kept seeing and I didn't understand it at all. Her mental diarrhea combined with Hannity and Glen Beck's standard share of stupid left me reeling. affraid

Thanks for the link, Scorp! That's exactly what I was looking for.

What's really funny is that if she convinces enough people in her district not to cooperate,they might end up redrawing her district and she'd be out on her ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

The census Empty
PostSubject: Re: The census   The census Empty7/1/2009, 1:48 pm

That was my favorite part. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The census Empty
PostSubject: Re: The census   The census Empty

Back to top Go down

The census