Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here it comes...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/18/2009, 4:01 pm

Gee guys, looks like the honeymoon is just about over...
Quote :
GM, Chrysler Bailouts Trim Obama’s Approval Ratings on Economy
Timothy J. Burger and Jonathan D. Salant Timothy J. Burger And Jonathan D. Salant

June 18 (Bloomberg) -- The government’s bailouts of General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC are unpopular among large numbers of Americans, and that is helping to drag down President Barack Obama’s approval ratings, according to three new polls.

A survey published today by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press found that the percentage of respondents approving of the way Obama is handling the economy dropped to 52 percent from 60 percent in April. Fifty-eight percent said they opposed spending billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to keep the automakers afloat, compared with 36 percent in favor.

A New York Times-CBS News poll found 46 percent disapproved of the government’s handling of the auto industry’s problems, while 41 percent approved. And in a Wall Street Journal/NBC survey, 53 percent disapproved of the U.S. providing financial aid to the automakers. Detroit-based General Motors filed for bankruptcy protection June 1 and Turin, Italy-based Fiat SpA bought a stake in Chrysler, which is also partially owned by the U.S. government.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/18/2009, 8:19 pm

I don't understand how you can challenge Artie on the accurateness of polls but then post polls yourself. I'd probably figure those numbers over his job on the economy are much lower in reality. I think there are many people out there who want things fixed right now, and it's not happening and they are getting pissed. That being said, it doesn't matter who the president is. The economy wasn't going to recover overnight. This wasn't cut and pasted either, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/19/2009, 8:10 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Gee guys, looks like the honeymoon is just about over...

Don't start popping the champagne corks just yet,Lois. You left out some important parts.
Quote :

Obama’s overall job-performance ratings remain high. The Pew poll found 61 percent approved of his job performance, compared with 63 percent in a survey conducted in April. The Times-CBS survey put Obama’s approval rating at 63 percent, down 5 points since April. The Journal-NBC poll gave Obama a 56 percent job-approval rating, also 5 points below April’s figure.
Quote :

Even as Americans expressed dissatisfaction with the government’s handling of the bailouts of GM and Auburn Hills, Michigan-based Chrysler, 65 percent of respondents in the Pew poll said Obama’s policies eventually will improve the economy. In the Journal-NBC poll, 46 percent said the economy would improve in the next year, up from 38 percent in April.

Now run along and find me some Republican leaders with approval ratings close to Obama.
Back to top Go down

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/20/2009, 9:16 am

Artie, it still shows support is dropping, which is all that Lois pointed out

I noticed that the NBC Nightly News with Bryan Obama has quit reporting on his approval ratings after he hit 65% in March, and they have been going down ever since

Of course I did enjoy watching Ninja Obama kill that fly. Any time a President can piss off Peta, I will give kudos to the guy
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/20/2009, 10:40 pm

Yeah, Mikey (Hey, I missed ya, son!) READ about PETA having a pee-fit declaring and being hell as mad about Obama killing a fly during some type of interview.

Makes ya laugh. Does China shoot you for squatting a misquito?

Darn, it hurts to be a politician on the other hand. Our economy will recover after we get rid of these layers, upon layers of ignorant idiots born with the spoon in their mouthes. Of course, that won't happen. They keep on having babies...the politicians. The nerve of them....talking about the other "side" they have to "SAVE".

Yes, I had a gigantic laugh at the PETA idiots saying Obama squatted a fly. Don't they realize that is as close he'll ever get to
combat?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/20/2009, 11:33 pm

mike3775 wrote:

Yeah,well the NY Times/CBS poll has him at 63%. Meanwhile,the Repubs dropped to their lowest ratings ever. The last time they even got to 40% was in 2006. Add in the fact that they're now opposing health care and it's just question of how much lower they'll sink.

Quote :
I noticed that the NBC Nightly News with Bryan Obama has quit reporting on his approval ratings after he hit 65% in March, and they have been going down ever since

Simple. It's not a big story anymore,except maybe to the low information viewers of Fox News.
Back to top Go down

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/21/2009, 7:42 am

Artie60438 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

Yeah,well the NY Times/CBS poll has him at 63%. Meanwhile,the Repubs dropped to their lowest ratings ever. The last time they even got to 40% was in 2006. Add in the fact that they're now opposing health care and it's just question of how much lower they'll sink.

Quote :

Simple. It's not a big story anymore,except maybe to the low information viewers of Fox News.
Nobody said anything about the Republicans. The post was about your Messiah, and his dropping approval ratings.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/21/2009, 9:46 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

Quote :

Nobody said anything about the Republicans. The post was about your Messiah, and his dropping approval ratings.

It's called point/counterpoint,Lois. As I see it,by posting Obama's dropping poll numbers you imply that it's cause for celebration by Repubs like yourself. I'm simply pointing out that even though Obama's numbers have dropped off a little,the Republicans are still no better off,and still searching for a way to sell their brand of dog food.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty6/22/2009, 9:02 pm

Hey Lois! I got a new poll for you....👋

Washington Post-ABC News Poll June 18-21, 2009

1. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president? Do you approve/disapprove strongly or somewhat?

-------- Approve -------- ------- Disapprove ------ No
NET Strongly Somewhat NET Somewhat Strongly opinion
6/21/09 65 36 29 31 10 22 4

Favorable Unfavorable No opinion
a. The Democratic Party 53 40 6
b. The Republican Party 36 56 8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here it comes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it comes...   Here it comes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Here it comes...