Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

house report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

house report Empty
PostSubject: house report   house report Empty6/14/2009, 7:57 am

i know many of you have been wondering what ever happenned to oracles supposed new house?

well here is the story.

everything was good to go on my end, but the seller had some liens on his end. not sure if it was his mortgage or what...but he had to go through court to get approval on the sale price and that wound up taking him almost 2 months.

then upon my inspection there were some relatively minor issues that took some time to correct...and becuase the sellers price is locked in and he is out of money...well it took some time for us to work those fixes out.

anyway im just starting the closing process now and that should be completed by around the end of the month.

as for homebound. turns out its much more difficult for city workers to get qualified for it...as they also must be approved by hud (to insure no preferential treatment) and this would have caused another couple month delay on my closing. so while i could qualify for the program i cant actually wait around till august for it. for my sister and her family need the house now.

honestly...its been a really rough sale. until this week, every step of the way with it has taken a lot longer than anyone would normally expect. there have been several instances where i thought things might fall through, and to be honest...the stress level has been something im not used too.

the good news. the wierd news...good at least from my perspective...is as i said. the seller is pretty much broke. and because of that he can no longer afford utilities. which being as theres a sump pump involved...is not something i can allow to happen.....

so....im getting the keys this morning in a few hours and will be moving in next weekend...a little before the actual close of the house. the good news about that is i get to actually live in the house before close...to insure there are no major problems that have been missed and basically i get a free month without a mortgage...the bad news...i cant use credit cards in advance of close...and i cant spend a hell of a lot of money...as i know how much closing is gonna cost me...but ill manage lol.

anyway...the house becomes my primary domicile today at 930 and i want to publically thank my realtor dan spitale...and the folks at lake mortgage for all of there efforts and persistancy with sticking with this project...as well as jen hinojosa, for her attempts at help within the hammond development corporation. and of course kelly who gave me a lot of tips early on when i began looking for the house.

oh...and miss poland...there goes the neighborhood Shocked

seriously, politics aside,ill be a good neighbor and hope to participate in the community around edison fully. and look to be back up online full time again within the next few weeks. now if they will only get calumet avenue done!

take care all.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

house report Empty
PostSubject: Re: house report   house report Empty6/14/2009, 8:03 am

Congratulations Oracle and good luck. cheers
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

house report Empty
PostSubject: Re: house report   house report Empty6/14/2009, 8:13 am

thanks...ill need it lol
Back to top Go down
sparks

house report Empty
PostSubject: Re: house report   house report Empty6/14/2009, 8:40 am

Congratulations Oracle, buying your first home is a very exciting time.Good luck!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

house report Empty
PostSubject: Re: house report   house report Empty6/14/2009, 5:00 pm

Congrats on your new home.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

house report Empty
PostSubject: Re: house report   house report Empty6/16/2009, 4:24 am

cut my grass for the first time today. funny thing, first it was my sister, than my nine year old nephew who offerred to do it. than my eleven year old niece offerred too. i told him no thanks i wanted to. its isnt a big yard. only took a half hour, and actually felt great to do it, because for the first time in my life it actually was my grass.

but alas i think the one time is all i needed to make the point for myself. so when i got done i looked at them and told them you know you guys are right...i was kind of selfish for doing it all myself...so to be fair...for now on its all yours! Very Happy

you know you, go through your life with all of lifes problems...struggling to accomplish whatever. rare is the chance when one is so completly able to achieve a goal and fully appreciate and enjoy doing so. yesterday was one of those unique and strange moments when i was actually able to do so. im pretty certain today and tommarrow wont be as great. and i accept the likelyhood that i will endure some pretty big challenges down the road. but no matter what happens ill have the memory of yesterday pushing me to know that anything is possible...heck who would have ever thought that just cutting the grass could have felt so good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

house report Empty
PostSubject: Re: house report   house report Empty

Back to top Go down

house report
Page 1 of 1