Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

PostSubject: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/10/2009, 4:13 pm

The spin from the right should be amusing...

LOS ANGELES - She's fired.

Carrie Prejean, the Miss California USA pageant winner who became embroiled in controversy when she opined that marriage “should be between a man and a woman” and when semi-nude photos of her surfaced on the Internet, has been stripped of her crown.

Officials with the Miss California USA Organization stressed that Prejean lost her title because of failure to make required appearances as Miss California — not because of her racy photos or personal beliefs.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/10/2009, 4:16 pm

Didn't she take an out-of-state position with some pro-marriage group?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/10/2009, 7:37 pm

KarenT wrote:
Didn't she take an out-of-state position with some pro-marriage group?

If what you consider her position to be as pro-marriage, then yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/10/2009, 11:08 pm

In case you were unaware - Trump lies. Wink

She was keeping her speaking engagements. Also odd is that a high pageant official resigned apparently for the mere purpose to be her antagonist.

She'll be fine. As for the pageant? Who gives a crap anymore. I think we've outgrown them as a society anyway. I think watching former minor celebrities eating bugs probably gets better ratings. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 6:01 am

Can the pageant repossess her fake boobs? Razz
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 9:05 am

I personally don't have a problem with gay marriage. My marriage isn't threatened by it. I think there needs to be some legal way to sanctify their long-term relationships.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 9:19 am

I have to go along with what Mirage stated. Pageants went out when the Lawrence Welk Show ended.

As far as gay "marriage," I don't agree to the term. I strongly feel marriage is for a man and woman.

But, on the other hand, I agree there should be some type of other word to be used in terms of gays "marrying," such as "Civil Union". Meaning, they should enjoy the same rights the men and women (straight) have when marrying. They should be able to share the same benefits as a couple that a married couple have, according to whatever state they live in. For example, filing taxes, joint assets..what'eva.

I do believe the fact that they parade around their sexual orientation just confuses our children as if it's a "choice". That's the point that disturbs me.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 10:09 am

KarenT wrote:
I personally don't have a problem with gay marriage. My marriage isn't threatened by it. I think there needs to be some legal way to sanctify their long-term relationships.

I think all marriages should be civil unions. That would settle the issue once and for all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 11:14 am

Artie60438 wrote:

Why stop there? Wigs, makeup they both add to attractiveness so maybe it's not fair that one has a better fashion consultant than the next who may not have the financial resources?

You wouldn't obviously blame anyone for facial reconstruction after an accident, yet the result could be as good as an optional procedure merely to enhance looks. So do you give a free pass to someone if necessary plastic surgery just happened to end in a better look following a tragedy and penalize the contestant who merely had the procedure to win a contest?

In case you're wondering if it's ever happened I believe it has. Can't recall the name but one pageant winner or runner up used to be on a Christian TV program years ago and she had such a tragic accident. To what extent facial reconstruction may have played a part I can't recall.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 12:56 pm

UrRight wrote:
I have to go along with what Mirage stated. Pageants went out when the Lawrence Welk Show ended.

As far as gay "marriage," I don't agree to the term. I strongly feel marriage is for a man and woman.

But, on the other hand, I agree there should be some type of other word to be used in terms of gays "marrying," such as "Civil Union". Meaning, they should enjoy the same rights the men and women (straight) have when marrying. They should be able to share the same benefits as a couple that a married couple have, according to whatever state they live in. For example, filing taxes, joint assets..what'eva.

I do believe the fact that they parade around their sexual orientation just confuses our children as if it's a "choice". That's the point that disturbs me.

The problem is that the government involved themselves on both the federal and state level. If marriage is really a religious institution between a man and a woman than there should be separation of church and state. What they need is a federal registry. People of faith could then get married in their churches. Christians wouldn't have to recognize a same-sex couple as being married, and at the same time homosexuals could call their registry whatever they wanted and celebrate the same rights and responsibilities that heterosexuals have.

However no one would ever want to go along with that...

I believe that same-sex marriage is the fair and just thing to do, and I also believe that churches and people of faith should not be required to perform or recognize those marriages if they do not want to.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 6:15 pm

Mirage wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Why stop there? Wigs, makeup they both add to attractiveness so maybe it's not fair that one has a better fashion consultant than the next who may not have the financial resources?

You wouldn't obviously blame anyone for facial reconstruction after an accident, yet the result could be as good as an optional procedure merely to enhance looks. So do you give a free pass to someone if necessary plastic surgery just happened to end in a better look following a tragedy and penalize the contestant who merely had the procedure to win a contest?

Facial reconstruction after an accident is a necessity if their is significant disfigurement. Enhancing one's breasts where there is nothing wrong either physically or aesthetically is totally different.

Last edited by Artie60438 on 6/11/2009, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote error)
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/11/2009, 11:44 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Facial reconstruction after an accident is a necessity if their is significant disfigurement. Enhancing one's breasts where there is nothing wrong either physically or aesthetically is totally different.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a person enhancing their body. They are the ones who have to walk around with it. That being said, I got a piercing tonight.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/12/2009, 8:01 am

Ewww.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/13/2009, 7:43 pm

KarenT wrote:
Ewww.

Yeah, it was a snakebite. I only got one though. I want it to heal before I get another. This is a picture of where they are.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/14/2009, 7:17 am

paul87920 wrote:
KarenT wrote:
Ewww.

Yeah, it was a snakebite. I only got one though. I want it to heal before I get another. This is a picture of where they are.

Why?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/14/2009, 10:23 am

Good point, Lois. although, at least piercings will close up if you choose - tattoos are forever!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   6/14/2009, 4:57 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Why?

Once it heals I can take it out if I need to go on a job interview or if I am in a professional setting. As Karen said I really can't do that with tattoos.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   11/5/2009, 1:08 pm

I guess those "Christian Family Values" she was always crowing about weren't all they were cracked up to be :rolfcry:

Prejean Sex Tape Triggers Settlement
Posted Nov 4th 2009 5:00PM by TMZ Staff

Carrie Prejean demanded more than a million dollars during her settlement negotiations with Miss California USA Pageant officials -- that is, until the lawyer for the Pageant showed Carrie an XXX home video of her handiwork.

The video the lawyer showed Carrie is extremely graphic and has never been released publicly. We know that, because TMZ obtained the video months ago but decided not to post it because it was so racy. Let's just say, Carrie has a promising solo career.

We're told it took about 15 seconds for Carrie to jettison her demand and essentially walk away with nothing. As we first reported,
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   11/12/2009, 12:26 pm

One of this idiot's favorite talking points is that somehow only conservative women get criticized. I guess she's never heard wingnut commentators attack Hillary Clinton,Nancy Pelosi,Barbara Streisand,and a host of others......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: