Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Sotomayor Bounce

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

The Sotomayor Bounce Empty
PostSubject: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/29/2009, 10:18 pm

The former board punching bag always used to nag me about the big plan I talked about concerning Obama. I wonder if he's gotten a clue yet? Laughing

Quote :
President Barack Obama is enjoying a bounce in the polls following his selection of Judge Sonia Sotomayor as a Supreme Court nominee.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 37% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Obama is performing his role as President. Twenty-seven percent (27%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of +10. That’s the first time the President Index rating has reached double digits since March 31 (see trends).

On Tuesday morning, just before announcing Sotomayor’s selection, the President’s Approval Index rating had fallen to the lowest level yet recorded, +1. Since then, the President’s numbers have improved significantly among Hispanic voters and liberal voters. Hispanic voters strongly favor the confirmation of Sotomayor who is in line to become the first Hispanic Justice.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/30/2009, 10:34 am

So, according to the graph, the "approval" lines (-----) are coming down, and the "disapproval lines (-----) are going up.
The Sotomayor Bounce Obama_index_0530
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/30/2009, 12:33 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
So, according to the graph, the "approval" lines (-----) are coming down, and the "disapproval lines (-----) are going up.

Yeah,big deal,they're down from a high of 68%,day after the election,to 58%. Looks pretty good to me. Oh,and don't forget that Rasmussen is known for leaning right. How many Repubs have those types of numbers?
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/30/2009, 12:49 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Yeah,big deal,they're down from a high of 68%,day after the election,to 58%. Looks pretty good to me. Oh,and don't forget that Rasmussen is known for leaning right. How many Repubs have those types of numbers?
Perhaps, but they are coming down! And 3 1/2 years left! I think the union people may have something to say, and very soon.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/30/2009, 1:57 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Perhaps, but they are coming down! And 3 1/2 years left! I think the union people may have something to say, and very soon.
Us union guys have been saying the same thing for quite some time, that the Republicans and big corporations have worked together to shaft what's left of the middle-class in this country.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/30/2009, 5:54 pm

sparks wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Us union guys have been saying the same thing for quite some time, that the Republicans and big corporations have worked together to shaft what's left of the middle-class in this country.
And how many MORE union jobs will be lost because of the current government intervention? President Goodwrench will own 70% of General Motors by September. Already owns MOST of Chrysler. How many banks will he own? You Union guys will have a lot to talk about in the unemployment line.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/30/2009, 6:21 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
sparks wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

And how many MORE union jobs will be lost because of the current government intervention? President Goodwrench will own 70% of General Motors by September. Already owns MOST of Chrysler. How many banks will he own? You Union guys will have a lot to talk about in the unemployment line.
From what I've seen, it's people like you who are going to be in be trouble. There aren't many new projects on the drawing board right now. Governor Daniels has effectively stopped new school construction in Indiana and Illinois is so far in debt that it doesn't have the cash to build projects it desperately needs. Commercial and residential projects will be dead for a couple years. Unless you are drawing prints for roads, you'll probably see your commissions drop by 50% if they haven't already. It's a good time for the BWG to tighten his belt and go on a diet!
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/30/2009, 6:40 pm

sparks wrote:
From what I've seen, it's people like you who are going to be in be trouble. There aren't many new projects on the drawing board right now. Governor Daniels has effectively stopped new school construction in Indiana and Illinois is so far in debt that it doesn't have the cash to build projects it desperately needs. Commercial and residential projects will be dead for a couple years. Unless you are drawing prints for roads, you'll probably see your commissions drop by 50% if they haven't already. It's a good time for the BWG to tighten his belt and go on a diet!
The last time I looked, there were 50 states in the U.S., not just Indiana and Illinois. And if we aren't designing NEW schools perhaps we are remodeling and upgrading existing schools. And, we aren't limited to just schools. There are many projects (not connected with any Federal, State , or Local governments) that we serve, here and over seas. So, you Union hacks can just go on honoring the man that put you in the bread line. Looks to me he wants to take over everyone's livelihood. As for me, I could have retired five years ago. Thanks for your concern, fool.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty5/31/2009, 5:57 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Yeah,and I predict the main topic will be how Bush and his failed policies were the cause of all of this.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty6/1/2009, 10:08 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
The last time I looked, there were 50 states in the U.S., not just Indiana and Illinois. And if we aren't designing NEW schools perhaps we are remodeling and upgrading existing schools. And, we aren't limited to just schools. There are many projects (not connected with any Federal, State , or Local governments) that we serve, here...

And it's usually union labor that works on all of these projects, yes?
So the point you're making is exactly what?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty6/23/2009, 4:34 pm

How not to win over Latino votes....

GOP's Latino bashing to kick up a notch
by kos
Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 02:00:07 PM PDT

With their Sotomayor strategy costing Republicans 10 points in the polling among Latinos, down to 8 percent favorable, what better next step than to see if they can bring those numbers down further?
Quote :
Senate Republicans turned up the rhetorical heat Tuesday on Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, raising concerns about her work for a Latino advocacy group.

Jeff Sessions , R-Ala., said Sotomayor has done "extensive work" for the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund, an organization he said is "clearly outside the mainstream of [the] American approach to matters" and "has taken some very shocking positions with respect to terrorism."
The PRLDEF is a civil rights group fighting for desegregation, education, housing, voting rghts, and employment rights, which of course makes them a target of bigot Republicans. The irony, of course, is that Puerto Ricans are born US citizens, and unlike other Latino immigrant communities, boricuas on the mainland can automatically vote.

So expect this to turn into an extension of the already failed "Sotomayor is a reverse racist" bullshit, with a healthy new dose of "and she's a terrorist too!"
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/6/23/745960/-GOPs-Latino-bashing-to-kick-up-a-notch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sotomayor Bounce   The Sotomayor Bounce Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sotomayor Bounce
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: