View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/15/2009, 3:46 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
Intelligent people don't get tax refunds
Oh sure they do. I know plenty of intelligent people that get tax refunds.
Fact is jack three out of four individual taxpayers will get a refund this year.
You really think it's smarter to put your money in the hands of the federal government than to choose how, when, and where to invest it yourself?
And three out of four people think the same way?
That type of thinking goes a long way toward explaining how Obama got elected.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/15/2009, 4:45 pm

look. im a democrat. i am a government employee. and i am as sick as anyone else of much of the spending in all levels of government.

saying so doesnt make me anti obama or anti any one party. he is just the latest in a long line of presidents (save for one) in both parties since the 1930's that have continuosly raised taxes on americans. but he isnt the only person being protested today.

state governments are also the issue. so are county governments. township governments, city governments. school city's etc....even sanitary districts (of which i am a board member of one)

standing up and saying enough is enough...and that taxes are too high doesnt make one a 'wingnut' (i actually am the person that initially coined that phrase about 10 years ago, and you are misusing it btw ,but thats another story) it doesnt make anyone anti obama or anti any other specific government entity.

it makes a statement that i think all of our government has grown too big and the cost of having as much government as we now have, in both economic and libertarian terms is too great to continue to bare if we intend to keep the principles that this country was founded on as the pillars of our society.

now i dont necessarilly think things are as bad on all levels as some people seem to today. and im certain that many of the people out their today are people i would disagree with on many many issues. but at the same time i am very glad to see that people in this country are still free enough, and feel empowered enough, to do what they are doing today in voicing their convictions. and it is very dispiriting to see that some of you seem offended by their ability and willingness to do it.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/15/2009, 4:54 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Quote :
Intelligent people don't get tax refunds
Oh sure they do. I know plenty of intelligent people that get tax refunds.
Fact is jack three out of four individual taxpayers will get a refund this year.
You really think it's smarter to put your money in the hands of the federal government than to choose how, when, and where to invest it yourself?
And three out of four people think the same way?
That type of thinking goes a long way toward explaining how Obama got elected.

agree with edge and happy. how stupid do you have to be to get a tax refund! think about it. the government gets to use your over payment interest and penalty free for an entire year and doesnt pay it back unless you can proove that they have done this in the following year by volunteering your time and effort (or money to have someone else do it for you) to proove it.. but if you underpay...and dont put out the effort to make a tax return...just sit back and wait and see how much interest and penalties they will hit you with on top of the underpayment.

screw that. ill underpay every year and let the cash sit as in a 6 month cd and pay them at the last possible minute...and make a few bucks back. oh...and thanks to those of you that continually over pay for making this extra income for me possible.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/15/2009, 6:51 pm

A couple of new definitions of teabagging from www.urbandictionary.com/

Quote :
Teabagger

2. n. A conservative activist who is so ignorant that they protest against tax cuts (that benefit them) by throwing tea into a river.

Teabagging:

The mornic (sic) act of conservatives/Republicans sending used teabags to lawmakers because they think Obama is a Nazi.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/15/2009, 8:23 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
A couple of new definitions of teabagging from www.urbandictionary.com/

Quote :
Teabagger

2. n. A conservative activist who is so ignorant that they protest against tax cuts (that benefit them) by throwing tea into a river.

Teabagging:

The mornic (sic) act of conservatives/Republicans sending used teabags to lawmakers because they think Obama is a Nazi.
If anyone on this board knows a thing or two about teabagging, it's you.
The rest of us truly appreciate your expertise.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/15/2009, 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/16/2009, 10:13 am

I thought this raised some interesting points...

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/16/2009, 1:51 pm

Here's another good one that every low information voter at those rallys should be required to watch. Btw,Obama plans to do something about these...

Transcript
Quote :

And number one, tea bag-gate. As handfuls of sheep possibly wearing Eli D vests, as seen earlier in Oddball, are herded into made for TV protests of taxation with representation, the US Public Interest Research Group has now analyzed a Senate report from last year that showed just how much we lose as a nation in tax revenues hidden by corporations in places like the Cayman Islands. The opportunities to do so growing immeasurably under the Bush administration.

The total figure is up to 800 billion dollars a year. But U.S. has now figured it out state by state. Texas would be losing eight billion a year, eight billion its ordinary citizens have to pay in taxes. So is New York State at that amount. Residents of California have to make up 11 billion lost to tax dodge island. The District of Columbia, 713 million. Even Alaska -- Alaska, 174 million that Alaskans have to pay because Alaskan corporations do not.

So where are your tea bag protests about that? Where is the Fox out of business network on this corporate piracy? Where is Neil Cavuto explaining to the simpletons in Sacramento that they`re getting ripped off by international outfits like News Corp? Where is captain tea bag himself, Glenn Beck? Why don`t you take credit for this idea from someone else? Get up there and weep about U.S. corporations making us, all of us, rich and poor, pay 100 billion dollars of their taxes so we get the privilege of getting to buy their products and bail out their failures?

Get up there and do that, and I`ll march with you. Until then, you`re just a bunch of greedy, water carrying corporate slave hypocrites defending the rich against the poor.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/16/2009, 3:33 pm

the oracle wrote:
Quote :
screw that. ill underpay every year and let the cash sit as in a 6 month cd and pay them at the last possible minute...and make a few bucks back.

Well let's see.
If you invested say, $2,000 in the market you lost 40% of it & have about $1,200 left....ah, no thanks.
Or you let the cash sit in a 6 month cd & get 2% which made a whopping $40 which will be taxed at around 30% which leaves you with another whopping $28. Yeah that's nice but really....
Bottom line:
BFD

I'll still overpay & get a check in April for two grand & buy a new stainless steel range.
I like that much better.

tongue tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/16/2009, 3:36 pm

the oracle wrote:
look. im a democrat. i am a government employee. and i am as sick as anyone else of much of the spending in all levels of government.

saying so doesnt make me anti obama or anti any one party. he is just the latest in a long line of presidents (save for one) in both parties since the 1930's that have continuosly raised taxes on americans. but he isnt the only person being protested today.

state governments are also the issue. so are county governments. township governments, city governments. school city's etc....even sanitary districts (of which i am a board member of one)

standing up and saying enough is enough...and that taxes are too high doesnt make one a 'wingnut' (i actually am the person that initially coined that phrase about 10 years ago, and you are misusing it btw ,but thats another story) it doesnt make anyone anti obama or anti any other specific government entity.

it makes a statement that i think all of our government has grown too big and the cost of having as much government as we now have, in both economic and libertarian terms is too great to continue to bare if we intend to keep the principles that this country was founded on as the pillars of our society.

now i dont necessarilly think things are as bad on all levels as some people seem to today. and im certain that many of the people out their today are people i would disagree with on many many issues. but at the same time i am very glad to see that people in this country are still free enough, and feel empowered enough, to do what they are doing today in voicing their convictions. and it is very dispiriting to see that some of you seem offended by their ability and willingness to do it.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/16/2009, 6:47 pm

edge540 wrote:
the oracle wrote:
Quote :
screw that. ill underpay every year and let the cash sit as in a 6 month cd and pay them at the last possible minute...and make a few bucks back.

Well let's see.
If you invested say, $2,000 in the market you lost 40% of it & have about $1,200 left....ah, no thanks.
Or you let the cash sit in a 6 month cd & get 2% which made a whopping $40 which will be taxed at around 30% which leaves you with another whopping $28. Yeah that's nice but really....
Bottom line:
BFD

I'll still overpay & get a check in April for two grand & buy a new stainless steel range.
I like that much better.

tongue tongue
If losing money makes you happy, then you have every right to throw it away.
This is, after all, America.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/16/2009, 10:09 pm

edge540 wrote:
the oracle wrote:
Quote :

Well let's see.
Bottom line:
BFD

I like that much better.

tongue tongue

try 4k at 3% wound up at about a 120 profit. not gonna make me rich or nothing...but its better than the net of nothing that those who overpaid got....and dont forget when i cash in the cd. i have the 4 grand too!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/17/2009, 1:01 am

They seem like a personable bunch. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/17/2009, 7:57 am

edge540 wrote:
I like that much better.

tongue tongue
What is really sad? You claim to be an intelligent person, yet you have no idea as to how to manage your own money.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/17/2009, 9:06 am

Really?
Must be why my house is paid for, we go on $10,000 vacations, have a new car & oh yes, got that new SS range.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/17/2009, 12:17 pm

edge540 wrote:
Really?
Must be why my house is paid for, we go on $10,000 vacations, have a new car & oh yes, got that new SS range.
lol!
I can do better than that, but if your happy, that's all that matters, right?
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/17/2009, 12:27 pm

So, uhmmm,...does that mean "your" happy too? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/17/2009, 12:28 pm

edge540 wrote:
So, uhmmm,...does that mean "your" happy too? Razz
I'm very happy. And thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/21/2009, 10:06 am

Artie60438 wrote:
I am soooooooooo looking forward to tomorrow! Very Happy

Denialism blog posted their take on the teabaggings, since so many of them were running rampant with ridiculous conspiracy theories and paranoia, highlighting the same video:

Quote :
Now, if you guys have been following along for the last few years of denialism blog, you know you should immediately be suspicious of people alleging conspiracy theories. This one is a doozy. The administration as a culmination of a 5 decade communist plot to take over the country? This movement is disturbing, and as radical and unhinged as the 9/11 truthers. I would emphasize as always, no political ideology is safe from this paranoid fringe, and this is a great example of how ideology is the universal threat to rational thinking.

I also can't help but think this teabagging movement represents a more mainstream identity of growing right-wing hate in this country. With new reports of growth of white supremacist recruiting, recruitment of members of the military and the Father Coughlin-esque ranting of Glenn Beck and Limbaugh I'm worried we're seeing the rise of new hate movement. Seeing their signs - blaming Obama for economic woes he's had all of three months to address, Obama's Plan:White Slavery, The American Taxpayers are the Jews for Obama's ovens, Obama is the Anti-Christ, drumming up paranoia about guns, and internment camps, secession from the union for the love of Benji, Obama is a Muslim, let's waterboard Obama - my interpretation of these events isn't that they are legitimately angry at government spending or taxation. I just don't buy it. After all, why get angry now? We've spent hundreds of billions under Bush, and wasted huge amounts in foreign wars and disastrous national policies. The tax increase? 3% on those making more than 250k? I somehow don't see that as taxing our children's future away, or these folks as representative of the wealthy Americans that are targeted by the tax. The people leading this movement may be recruiting a large number of people who share this unbalanced delusion about taxes and "big government" but it's clear there is also an ugly, nationalist, and frankly racist theme behind this new movement.

The leaders of right-wing talk are playing a dangerous game, tapping into a dark, paranoid underbelly of American politics. I've been following Orcinus pretty closely in the last few months and am increasingly disturbed by what I see. While we might want to dismiss the paranoid rantings of pundits like Beck, we should remember that such conspiratorial beliefs aren't meant to convince the masses. They exist to radicalize ideologues, and ideologues are dangerous, whether left-wing or right-wing. Conservatives may be furious that the the FBI and DHS are tracking right wing extremism, but I see this as a rare example of them actually seeing a threat coming, and being ready to do something about it. For those of us old enough to remember Oklahoma City, I don't think we should be dismissive about the terrorist potential of the militant right, especially with Beck and Limbaugh stoking the fires of paranoia.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/21/2009, 2:38 pm

Quote :
The people leading this movement may be recruiting a large number of people who share this unbalanced delusion about taxes and "big government" but it's clear there is also an ugly, nationalist, and frankly racist theme behind this new movement.

The video I saw of these nuts on TV all had one thing in common. All of them were white. Lots of totally ignorant people,none of which looked like they earned anything even remotely close to 250,000 a year (the threshold at which taxes will go higher).

One particular person I know of from posting,earns less than 50,000,had problems paying their Nipsco bill,thinks 12.00 an hr is a good starting wage,and yet drove 40 miles to Valpo to participate in one. Go figure Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/21/2009, 9:02 pm

Last time I checked, we still had a Constitution, which gives everybody a right to free speech, and for peacefull assembly.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/21/2009, 9:14 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Last time I checked, we still had a Constitution, which gives everybody a right to free speech, and for peacefull assembly.

Yes,and you are the poster child for those manipulated into voting against their self interests. Did you get a thank you note from Dick Armey and the rest of the lobbyists?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/21/2009, 9:18 pm

Tiger1 wrote:

Yup. Just as we're entitled to publicly call them loons for such blatant displays of stupidity and feigned outrage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/21/2009, 9:51 pm

I follow no one, as an INDEPENDANT.

The outrage against a government run rampant was justified, and expressed peacefully by the people.

Loons are those who are too stupid to think for themselves, and blindly follow the fake messiah and his false promises.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   4/22/2009, 12:21 am

Tiger1 wrote:
Loons are those who are too stupid to think for themselves, and blindly follow the fake messiah and his false promises.

The "fake messiah and his false promises?" Does this mean that you believe that Obama is the Anti-Christ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   

Back to top Go down

Right Wing Tea Parties
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: