Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race Empty
PostSubject: Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race   Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race Empty4/9/2009, 8:46 am

I'm not too surprised and I base that on a couple of reasons that stood out for me. 1)Turnout was low. That almost always favors an incumbent. 2)Prior to the election I saw a significant number of signs for incumbent Alderman candidate Cyndi Pallick. (hmm,there goes my incumbent theory Embarassed ) Those were usually accompanied by a separate sign for Pam Cap. Since Pallick lost by a landslide and she was actually on the ballot,I knew this wouldn't bode well for Cap.

Quote :
CALUMET CITY | Incumbent Calumet City Mayor Michelle Markiewicz Qualkinbush likely won Tuesday's election, beating out write-in candidate Calumet City police Sgt. Pam Cap.

According to unofficial results from the Cook County clerk's office, Qualkinbush garnered 2,962 votes or 59.47 percent of the vote. Voters cast 2,019 write-in ballots, about 40.53 percent of the vote.
http://nwi.com/articles/2009/04/09/news/illinois/doc9c141273d565981786257593000a9ed8.txt
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race   Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race Empty4/10/2009, 12:49 pm

Such a low turn-out. Seems Qaulkinbush's unethical tactics only won her loyalty votes (those whose jobs depended on her) and their associates/extended families.

You can also count the senior citizen's free lunch/ride. It doesn't mean she won anything....she won by throwing Pam off the ballot.

What goes around, comes around. Her day will come. I liken her to Genova, Blago, and the ole' hoot that is locked up in Elkhart, IN. Her day will come.
Back to top Go down

Qualkinbush likely winner in Cal City race
Page 1 of 1