Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

He's back

Go down 
AuthorMessage

He's back Empty
PostSubject: He's back   He's back Empty12/20/2008, 2:24 pm

http://www.wlky.com/cnn-news/18311806/detail.html

I understand his frustration, but I really do hope he does not got through with his threat of using quarters, nickles, dimes and penny's next year, because the lines are already long enough most of the time, and all he is doing is slowing other people up
Back to top Go down

He's back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's back   He's back Empty12/21/2008, 3:16 am

I don't blame him much. Property taxes are a frekin' joke. And it doesn't help if the money is spent on non-core services too often.
Back to top Go down

He's back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's back   He's back Empty12/21/2008, 10:02 am

Mirage wrote:
I don't blame him much. Property taxes are a frekin' joke. And it doesn't help if the money is spent on non-core services too often.

I don't blame him either, but really, he is capped at 2% and he is still pissed

He complains about how he gets no homestead and mortgage exemption because he owns several houses. Well he is wrong, he gets 1 exemption, which is where he lives.

So he is trying to say that he should get a homestead exemption for every single house he owns? That's not fair to anyone else who only owns the 1 house at all.

And his paying in dollar coins I have no problem with, but if he were to go to dimes or nickles, then he is going to far, because he is doing nothing but holding up others who may attempting to pay. I know I would be pissed if I had a cashiers check and had to wait 30-45 minutes for a clerk to count out $6000 in nickles
Back to top Go down
UrRight

He's back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's back   He's back Empty12/28/2008, 6:39 pm

That's been the tradition in Chicago for many years. It's just starting to spread?
One exemption for where you live has always been the norm for anyone in any state, I believe.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

He's back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's back   He's back Empty12/28/2008, 6:54 pm

Mike, I believe his statement was to express that the taxes on the rentals are exhorbant.

That it no longer grants him an increase in living wages...that the renter' have more rights, tax deductions than he does.

Maybe he's in Section 8, which in my eyes, unless it's carefully monitored and guaranteed HUD does repairs if you get bad Section 8 rentors, he's absorbing a lost.

I knew someone who rented out to Section 8 people, that stole the cabinets, busted windows, and left the toilet back up. They skipped town, and left the homeowner having to renovate without reimbursement from Hud.

The corker is, HUD won't let or allow you to rent out unless you do every little sniffy thing they want, yet, if the renter tears it apart, HUD says they are not responsible. This was the case in Illinois.

From what I've gathered on the Forum(s) in the past, in Indiana, HUD sides with the landlord. I may be mistaken on that. I'm new to it, never dulged in it, but that's the way it should be in Indiana, if it's true. HUD should be held accountable (unlike Illinois is) for any damage their tenants do, if it's a case of "destroying, not paying their share (as tenants), and HUD should evict, restore, and pay any court costs. This should eliminate any potential, future Section 8 tenants to get subsidized housing, if they don't follow the rules.

It would also prevent them from obtaining future subsidies from HUD, and scoot them out of town. I don't know what the rules are, but I remember someone posting that they are very strict in Hammond, which I would hope.

In Illinois, HUD tells the homeowner what to do on inspection. Once the house is destroyed, they tell the landlord, "Go to hell". Evil or Very Mad

One more thing, if you rent in Illinois, you get to apply for a "Circuit Breaker" telling them what you've paid in rent, utilities, etc., for the year before, or based on a prior renter(s) bill. You apply Nov. 1st, show them your income, and zippo, your electric and gas is usually paid for through March.

So..it differs state to state. I only know about when I lived in Hegewisch and what I was told by neighbors, and being involved in the Community Center where I volunteered. Those same people were the ones being arrested in the local newspaper for drugs. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

He's back Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's back   He's back Empty

Back to top Go down

He's back
Page 1 of 1