Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Wasilla Hillbilly Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
KarenT



Posts : 1328

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/3/2009, 4:51 pm

As far as I can figure, that could be the only reason for her resignation.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 12:44 am

Top 10 reasons for Palin resignation
by Jed Lewison
Fri Jul 03, 2009 at 07:06:07 PM PDT

Poll

Sarah Palin quit because...
10. She's moving to the lower 48 because Alaska is just too far from Glenn Beck.

9. After 30 months as governor, she's cracking under the stress of protecting the U.S. from Russia.

8. She doesn't want her tenure as governor to overshadow her experience as mayor of Wasilla.

7. She wants some time off to go hiking.

6. The Alaska state legislature wasn't giving her time to go for her daily runs, and sweat is her sanity.

5. She's training to beat President Obama in a marathon.

4. Because that's what Joe Vogler would have done.

3. Maybe she was just jealous of all the attention Michael Jackson is getting.

2. She's decided to run for President. Of Alaska.

1. There's another shoe left to drop.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/7/3/749618/-Top-10-reasons-for-Palin-resignation
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 1:15 am

KarenT wrote:
As far as I can figure, that could be the only reason for her resignation.

I'm hearing rumors of a big scandal coming in the not too distant future. One thing I've learned about Sarah.....Expect the unexpected and and don't dare to try injecting logic into her decisions.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 2:01 am

My only thought is that if this isn't a step to a presidential run in 2012, how the hell could she have handled being VP? McCain seriously shot himself in the foot trying to pander to the Clinton supporters.
Back to top Go down
sparks



Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 7:23 am

Heretic wrote:
My only thought is that if this isn't a step to a presidential run in 2012, how the hell could she have handled being VP? McCain seriously shot himself in the foot trying to pander to the Clinton supporters.
Probably about as well as Bush handled the Presidency. I view Palin as just another puppet supported by wealthy special interests who want to use her to achieve their objectives, nor matter how damaging those goals are to the rest of the country. IMO, Palin doesn't even possess the intellect to understand how she is being manipulated.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 9:38 am

Heretic wrote:
My only thought is that if this isn't a step to a presidential run in 2012, how the hell could she have handled being VP? McCain seriously shot himself in the foot trying to pander to the Clinton supporters.

The lack of judgement McCain showed in nominating her was stunning. There were several other well qualified Repub women that he could have nominated to try and get the Hillarys,yet he chose the empty skirt. I shudder to think where we would be had he won the election. Most likely on the brink of war with either Iran or N. Korea.

I did think the ducks quacking in the background while she rambled on yesterday was very fitting. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 10:03 am

I hope she moves to Illinois, and runs for Governor...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 11:13 am

LoisLane wrote:
I hope she moves to Illinois, and runs for Governor...

Yeah,well if she ends up "moving" to Illinois it just may be Here


Rumors fly about Palin’s ‘iceberg scandal’
Quote :

One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies, with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide-open state. …

Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few “buddies,” according to Barrett’s report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house. While serving as mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin blocked an initiative that would have required the public filing of building permits—thus momentarily preventing the revelation of such suspicious information.

Just months before Palin left city hall to campaign for governor, she awarded a contract to SBS to help build the $13 million Wasilla Sports Complex. The most expensive building project in Wasilla history, the complex cost the city an additional $1.3 million in legal fees and threw it into severe long-term debt. For SBS, however, the bloated and bungled project was a cash cow.

The good news for wingnut kook conspiracy theorists is,that if the above is true,they can start claiming that it was all cooked up by Obama because he was scared to run against her.
:rolfcry:
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 2:22 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
I hope she moves to Illinois, and runs for Governor...

Yeah,well if she ends up "moving" to Illinois it just may be Here


Rumors fly about Palin’s ‘iceberg scandal’
Quote :

One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies, with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide-open state. …

Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few “buddies,” according to Barrett’s report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house. While serving as mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin blocked an initiative that would have required the public filing of building permits—thus momentarily preventing the revelation of such suspicious information.

Just months before Palin left city hall to campaign for governor, she awarded a contract to SBS to help build the $13 million Wasilla Sports Complex. The most expensive building project in Wasilla history, the complex cost the city an additional $1.3 million in legal fees and threw it into severe long-term debt. For SBS, however, the bloated and bungled project was a cash cow.

The good news for wingnut kook conspiracy theorists is,that if the above is true,they can start claiming that it was all cooked up by Obama because he was scared to run against her.
:rolfcry:
She's resigning from office and you are STILL concerned with her...take a pill.
(Oh wait...that's what Michael Jackson would have done)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 3:58 pm

LoisLane wrote:

She's resigning from office and you are STILL concerned with her...take a pill.
(Oh wait...that's what Michael Jackson would have done)

You still don't get it,do you? She's the face of the Republican party,and as we've all been told,a "rising star". Rolling Eyes So yes,I'm going to follow her every move as I'm sure every late night comedian will tomorrow night. She can still do a whole lot of damage to the wingnut brand of dog food that's been taken off the shelf Laughing


Last edited by Artie60438 on 7/4/2009, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 4:29 pm

Artie wrote:
You still don't get it,do you? She's the face of the Republican party,and as we've all been told,a "rising star". Rolling Eyes So yes,I'm going to follow her every move as I'm sure every late night comedian will tomorrow night.
So what? The late night comedians have a job to do. What's your excuse?
Artie wrote:
She can still do a whole lot of damage to the wingnut brand of dog food that's been taken off the shelf Laughing
Why are you so concerned?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 6:27 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie wrote:
You still don't get it,do you? She's the face of the Republican party,and as we've all been told,a "rising star". Rolling Eyes So yes,I'm going to follow her every move as I'm sure every late night comedian will tomorrow night.
So what? The late night comedians have a job to do. What's your excuse?

I'm a Democrat. Palin is the poster child for what is wrong with this country. She reminds me of GW Bush,except in a skirt. She's a moron who appeals to the low information voters who would vote for someone because they'd "like to have a beer with them". The same idiots who think a "You betcha" and a wink of the eye somehow translates into competence and is a worthy answer in a debate.

Artie wrote:
She can still do a whole lot of damage to the wingnut brand of dog food that's been taken off the shelf Laughing
Quote :
Why are you so concerned?

See previous answer. As soon as Caribou Barbie stops making news I'll stop posting about her,although my 6th sense tells me that this thread will go on and on for a very long time. :bball:
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/4/2009, 6:44 pm

Well I guess we can scratch those pundit's theories that Palin had enough of politics Razz Here she is on facebook today...
Quote :

The response in the main stream media has been most predictable, ironic, and as always, detached from the lives of ordinary Americans who are sick of the “politics of personal destruction”. How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it’s about country. And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make. But every American understands what it takes to make a decision because it’s right for all, including your family.

So quitting a job that you were elected to before your first term is even up,while not being offered a higher position or even a similar one ="country first"? Got it! Rolling Eyes :rolfcry: :rolfcry: :rolfcry:
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1887

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 1:16 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Well I guess we can scratch those pundit's theories that Palin had enough of politics Razz Here she is on facebook today...
Quote :

The response in the main stream media has been most predictable, ironic, and as always, detached from the lives of ordinary Americans who are sick of the “politics of personal destruction”. How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it’s about country. And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make. But every American understands what it takes to make a decision because it’s right for all, including your family.


My God, what a pathetic whiner! She can't even resign gracefully. She has to be the most thin skinned politician ever... I sincerely hope that she is through with politics, because she clearly doesn't have the temperament necessary to engage in national politics. Maybe she could be successful as a talk show host or something.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 9:21 am

The stupidity of the Palins is truly breathtaking. Do they not realize that by hiring a legal mouthpiece to make threats that the media is automatically going to pick up on the story? At the very least they will now be able to mention the rumors simply because they're the basis of the legal threats....


Palin attorney warns press on 'defamatory material'

Quote :
In an extraordinary four-page letter, Alaska-based attorney Thomas Van Flein warns of severe consequences should speculation that until now has largely been confined to blogs about whether Palin embezzled funds in the construction of a Wasilla, Alaska, sports arena find its way into print.

“This is to provide notice to Ms. Moore, and those who re-publish the defamation, such as Huffington Post, MSNBC, the New York Times and The Washington Post, that the Palins will not allow them to propagate defamatory material without answering to this in a court of law,” Van Flein warned, citing Alaska liberal blogger Shannyn Moore.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 10:44 am

Artie60438 wrote:
I'm a Democrat. Palin is the poster child for what is wrong with this country. She reminds me of GW Bush,except in a skirt. She's a moron who appeals to the low information voters who would vote for someone because they'd "like to have a beer with them". The same idiots who think a "You betcha" and a wink of the eye somehow translates into competence and is a worthy answer in a debate
Unlike the majority of voters who voted for Obama JUST because he's black, right Artie?...right Edge?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 11:26 am

LoisLane wrote:
Unlike the majority of voters who voted for Obama JUST because he's black, right Artie?...right Edge?

Have any documentation to back up that ridiculous allegation?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 11:43 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Unlike the majority of voters who voted for Obama JUST because he's black, right Artie?...right Edge?

Have any documentation to back up that ridiculous allegation?
Now I have to have documentation to back up MY allegations? What about yours? You cannot dispute the fact that Obama was elected by those that thought a black man was right for the job, despite his inexperience and deplorable record as an Illinois state senator. Why else would Jesse Jaggoff and Al Sharpless come out of the woodwork? How about Bill Cosby, and worse yet, Oprah? And why did you vote for him? Not because of his record...or his broken promises...but merely because he's black, right?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 12:23 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Unlike the majority of voters who voted for Obama JUST because he's black, right Artie?...right Edge?

Have any documentation to back up that ridiculous allegation?
Now I have to have documentation to back up MY allegations?

Yeah. You made an allegation that simply is not true. Were there people that voted for Obama simply because he was black? Sure. Just as there were whites that voted against him just because he was black. Show me something that backs up your statement.

Quote :

What about yours? You cannot dispute the fact that Obama was elected by those that thought a black man was right for the job, despite his inexperience and deplorable record as an Illinois state senator.

You're dead wrong. If you'll recall,I was originally a Hillary supporter and voted for her in the primary. As the campaign wore on though,I became more and more impressed with Obama,and changed my position to back him. I'm sure many others were too.
Quote :

Why else would Jesse Jaggoff and Al Sharpless come out of the woodwork? How about Bill Cosby, and worse yet, Oprah?

Ahhhh,your true feelings and the racist overtones rear their ugly head once again.Evil or Very Mad All of those people are American citizens,who have every bit as much right to support their candidate as anyone else.
Quote :

And why did you vote for him? Not because of his record...or his broken promises...but merely because he's black, right?

I voted for him because he was overwhelmingly the best person for the job. The only alternative was an old warmonger,who admitted that he didn't know much about the economy,an unstable running mate that refused to be interviewed on political talk shows and ignored questions asked her in a debate.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 12:31 pm

lol! Total B.S. lol!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 1:27 pm

Quote :

Why else would Jesse Jaggoff and Al Sharpless come out of the woodwork? How about Bill Cosby, and worse yet, Oprah?
Quote :

Ahhhh,your true feelings and the racist overtones rear their ugly head once again.Evil or Very Mad All of those people are American citizens,who have every bit as much right to support their candidate as anyone else.
They only support Black candidates, and entertainers. Did Jesse Jaggoff or Al Sharpless even mention Farrah Fawcett? No...But they are falling all over the Michael Jackson circus.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 3:34 pm

LoisLane wrote:
You cannot dispute the fact that Obama was elected by those that thought a black man was right for the job, despite his inexperience and deplorable record as an Illinois state senator.

Then he wasn't voted for "JUST because he's black", was he? Rolling Eyes And besides, I voted for him because I simply thought he was better than the other guy (and his VP pick who I thought couldn't hack it... hmm...), not as the Paragon of Presidents since time immemorial. Aren't you getting bored of that argument yet? We sure are. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 4:06 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Quote :

Why else would Jesse Jaggoff and Al Sharpless come out of the woodwork? How about Bill Cosby, and worse yet, Oprah?
Quote :

Ahhhh,your true feelings and the racist overtones rear their ugly head once again.Evil or Very Mad All of those people are American citizens,who have every bit as much right to support their candidate as anyone else.
They only support Black candidates, and entertainers.

Wrong! Both supported Bill Clinton,Al Gore,John Kerry and others.


Quote :
Did Jesse Jaggoff or Al Sharpless even mention Farrah Fawcett? No...But they are falling all over the Michael Jackson circus.

Comparing Michael Jackson to Farah Fawcett is insane. Jackson is beloved by 10's maybe 100's of millions world wide.

Through his group, solo, and family work, he became one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. Jackson's other achievements include 13 Guinness World Records—including one for "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time"—19 Grammy Awards, 22 American Music Awards, 12 World Music Awards and the sale of over 750 million units worldwide.[3] Winning numerous awards for his humanitarian endeavors, the singer has been honoured by two Presidents of the United States. He has also been named as the artist of "the Decade", "Generation", "Century" and "Millennium" and was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2002.

Fawcett,OTOH,is best known for a 1 year role on Charlie's Angels,a pin-up poster and her hairstyle. In her entire career she never won any awards other than a 'People's Choice" award.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 4:53 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Comparing Michael Jackson to Farah Fawcett is insane.

A bit apples and oranges, yes. He has quite a list of awards for his professional career in addition to awards for his humanitarian efforts, and from a few Presidents to boot.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   7/5/2009, 5:05 pm

Here's Sarah 10 months ago saying that Hillary Clinton shouldn't complain about media coverage :rolfcry:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wasilla Hillbilly Report   

Back to top Go down
 
Wasilla Hillbilly Report
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: