Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh

Go down 
+2
Artie60438
sparks
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 8:38 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
I love the way you Dems spin into a political event.

"Spin"? It's not the Democrats that are promoting the lie that Obama wants to take your guns. It's people like Glen Beck,Chuck Norris,and Michelle Bachmann R-wingnuts that are inciting these nuts.
So answer the god damned question! What did George W. Bush have to do with it?

Nobody said Bush was responsible or had anything to do with it. Move on already!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 9:13 am

Here's a few more tidbits that back up my claims that the far right is at least partially responsible....

Quote :
"He was really into politics and really into the First and Second amendment. One thing he feared was he feared the gun ban because he thought that was going to take away peoples' right to defend themselves. He never spoke of going out to murder or to kill," said Edward Perkovic, who described himself as Mr. Poplawski's lifelong best friend.
Quote :

Believing most media were covering up important events, Mr. Poplawski turned to a far-right conspiracy Web site run by Alex Jones, a self-described documentarian with roots going back to the extremist militia movement of the early 1990s.
(The Alex Jones Show is a nationally syndicated news/talk show based out of Austin, TX. The show is syndicated by the Genesis Communication Network on over 60 AM and FM radio stations across the United States, as well as having a large internet based audience.)

Around the same time, he joined Florida-based Stormfront, which has long been a clearinghouse Web site for far-right groups. He posted photographs of his tattoo, an eagle spread across his chest.)

"I was considering gettin' life runes on the outside of my calfs," he wrote. Life runes are a common symbol among white supremacists, notably followers of The National Alliance, a neo-Nazi group linked to an array of violent organizations.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09095/960750-53.stm
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 9:36 am

LoisLane wrote:
The guy was a nut case. Lost his job, and paranoid that the government was going to take away his guns. Probably off his meds too.

Who should obviously be able to carry as many automatic firearms as physically possible and ignore any and all traffic controls too, right? See, you're not against all gun control...

LoisLane wrote:
What does this have to do with George W. Bush?

Little. You did however bring up probability and risk assessment, so I simply decided to test a theory. You seem to believe that a vote for a political candidate somehow equates to deification. I wanted to see if you extended such bizarre beliefs to your own range of the political spectrum. Since you scoffed at the idea of gun control to control the small probability of gun violence over the far more likely threat of automobiles, logic would dictate that you would also scoff at the ineffective and far more intrusive procedures instituted against the even less likely threat of terrorism. My theory proved correct; it appears you're just as much a "disciple" of your own party as you perceive sparks and Artie to be and incapable of criticism when if falls in the red. Mmmm... vapid partisan politics. Juicy.

LoisLane wrote:
You people place a lot of blame, when many of these incidents could have been prevented.

You're quite fixated on this "blame" thing. It's as if you've never seen it before, which is particularly puzzling to me because in my experience, that's pretty much how the world appears to work. Generally, when things go terribly, terribly wrong, blame is assigned to the person at fault for such errors and the egregious incompetence is penalized. This hold individuals accountable for their actions as well as acting as a deterrent against future screw ups. And this is from grade school on up all the way to my current place of employment. As a matter of fact, I think we have an entire justice system built on it. I'm not alone in my experience and perceptions, am I? Should we not hold people accountable for their actions? Should we let this individual go after shooting three police officers or are we allowed to fault him for their deaths? Or maybe... Did you go to one of those schools that didn't have letter grades or ever tell you you're wrong? Currently work in some hippie commune or something?

LoisLane wrote:
George W. Bush didn't wreck the entire world, now did he?

No, not the entire world.

LoisLane wrote:
And your Messiah doesn't use the words "war on terrorism" anymore. As a devout follower, neither should you. George W. Bush isn't the President anymore, is he? So are you going to blame everything on him? Get a grip.

See? Again with the "blame" thing... To quote a phrase, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." And I don't remember typing "war on terrorism" anywhere. But it was kind of a silly phrase, no? Who wages war on a military tactic? How do you wage war on a military tactic? Up next... the War on Flanking! The War on Trench Warfare!! Laughing

Scorpion wrote:
Although your questions weren't specifically addressed, I guess you still got your answer, Heretic.

Oh yes. Definitely. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 10:02 am

Heretic wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
The guy was a nut case. Lost his job, and paranoid that the government was going to take away his guns. Probably off his meds too.

Who should obviously be able to carry as many automatic firearms as physically possible and ignore any and all traffic controls too, right? See, you're not against all gun control...

LoisLane wrote:
What does this have to do with George W. Bush?

Little. You did however bring up probability and risk assessment, so I simply decided to test a theory. You seem to believe that a vote for a political candidate somehow equates to deification. I wanted to see if you extended such bizarre beliefs to your own range of the political spectrum. Since you scoffed at the idea of gun control to control the small probability of gun violence over the far more likely threat of automobiles, logic would dictate that you would also scoff at the ineffective and far more intrusive procedures instituted against the even less likely threat of terrorism. My theory proved correct; it appears you're just as much a "disciple" of your own party as you perceive sparks and Artie to be and incapable of criticism when if falls in the red. Mmmm... vapid partisan politics. Juicy.

LoisLane wrote:
You people place a lot of blame, when many of these incidents could have been prevented.

You're quite fixated on this "blame" thing. It's as if you've never seen it before, which is particularly puzzling to me because in my experience, that's pretty much how the world appears to work. Generally, when things go terribly, terribly wrong, blame is assigned to the person at fault for such errors and the egregious incompetence is penalized. This hold individuals accountable for their actions as well as acting as a deterrent against future screw ups. And this is from grade school on up all the way to my current place of employment. As a matter of fact, I think we have an entire justice system built on it. I'm not alone in my experience and perceptions, am I? Should we not hold people accountable for their actions? Should we let this individual go after shooting three police officers or are we allowed to fault him for their deaths? Or maybe... Did you go to one of those schools that didn't have letter grades or ever tell you you're wrong? Currently work in some hippie commune or something?

LoisLane wrote:
George W. Bush didn't wreck the entire world, now did he?

No, not the entire world.

LoisLane wrote:
And your Messiah doesn't use the words "war on terrorism" anymore. As a devout follower, neither should you. George W. Bush isn't the President anymore, is he? So are you going to blame everything on him? Get a grip.

See? Again with the "blame" thing... To quote a phrase, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." And I don't remember typing "war on terrorism" anywhere. But it was kind of a silly phrase, no? Who wages war on a military tactic? How do you wage war on a military tactic? Up next... the War on Flanking! The War on Trench Warfare!! Laughing

Scorpion wrote:
Although your questions weren't specifically addressed, I guess you still got your answer, Heretic.

Oh yes. Definitely. Razz
You were the one who brought George W. Bush's policies into the debate! Why?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 10:09 am

sparks wrote:
After reading through the news accounts of the ambush, it does sound like the shooter was influenced by the steady wave of distortions coming from the NRA and other gun rights groups in the media. These distortions include the contention that Obama is trying to take our guns ...

... So, it can be argued that the NRA's constant promotion of inflammatory ideas did contribute to three police officers in Pittsburgh dying.

Yes, it can be argued, but it would still be incorrect.
I have heard the same rumors about gun confiscation, and you know what?
I, along with anyone I know who heard the same rumors, have not gone out and ambushed police officers.
I, along with anyone I know who heard the same rumors, have not even remotely entertained the notion of doing something like that.
So clearly it was not the "ideas" of the NRA that are responsible for this tragedy. The responsibility lies with one defective individual.
A normal person would properly place the blame where it belongs - squarely on the person who pulled the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 10:46 am

LoisLane wrote:

Heretic already wrote:
I wanted to see if you extended such bizarre beliefs to your own range of the political spectrum.

It was all explained on the previous page.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 10:52 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Yes,you should apologize. You made no attempt to refute what he posted with facts.
I did refute him with facts.
I wrote, "... they were killed by a crazy bastard with a gun."
And they were killed by a crazy bastard with a gun, not by the NRA.
It doesn't get any more factual than that, does it, Artie?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 12:24 pm

Heretic wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Heretic already wrote:
I wanted to see if you extended such bizarre beliefs to your own range of the political spectrum.

It was all explained on the previous page.
It isn't political. Not everything is.
P.S. Just because my beliefs are 180 degrees from yours does not make me bizarre. If eveyone shared your beliefs, the whole country would be having an Obamagasm, and we'd be a country of zombies.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 1:11 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Yes,you should apologize. You made no attempt to refute what he posted with facts.

Here's exactly what you wrote:

Quote :
Very good post.
And if you had demonstrated precisely how the NRA was responsible for this tragedy, it may have even passed for a coherent post.

Show me where you posted any facts to refute his claim. Then explain why you insulted him.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 1:57 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :
Very good post.
And if you had demonstrated precisely how the NRA was responsible for this tragedy, it may have even passed for a coherent post.

Show me where you posted any facts to refute his claim. Then explain why you insulted him.

Here are the facts to dispute his claim:

happy jack wrote:

And I didn't insult him - I commented on his post.

Now, is there anything else I can help you with?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 2:04 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :
Very good post.

Here are the facts to dispute his claim:

happy jack wrote:

And I didn't insult him - I commented on his post.

Now, is there anything else I can help you with?

Yeah,try being truthful. Here is the entire post. Nowhere did you post any facts,did you? Your "comment" was a cheap shot insult.

Quote :
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
Chalk another one up for the NRA. The families of three policeman in Pittsburgh have had their lives shattered by a AK47 wielding gunman who felt his right to own firearms was being threatened. Here is part of the story.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09094/960660-100.stm
He always said that if someone tried to take his weapons away he would do what his forefathers told him to do and defend himself."
Mr. Poplawski was opposed to Mr. Obama's election, which he thought would result in the loss of his rights, Mr. Vire said.Mr. Poplawski told him he bought his guns "because he felt the quality of life was being diminished," Mr. Vire said.
"He said he'll be ready if there's ever an invasion of the United States and that he had stockpiled foods and guns for that eventuality."

It's time for voters to take a stand against the gun violence that is destroying lives across the country.
Very good post.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 2:14 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah,try being truthful. Here is the entire post. Nowhere did you post any facts,did you? Your "comment" was a cheap shot insult.
I posted my facts in the very next post I made:

happy jack wrote:

It doesn't get any more factual than that, does it, Artie?[/b]
So what, exactly, is your problem?

And no, I did not insult him. I commented on his post.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 4:40 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Yes,but that wasn't the post I directed my comments at,was it?

happy jack wrote:

You falsely claimed the post was "incoherent" when it clearly wasn't. How about we just settle on "cheap shot",ok?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 4:50 pm

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
After reading through the news accounts of the ambush, it does sound like the shooter was influenced by the steady wave of distortions coming from the NRA and other gun rights groups in the media. These distortions include the contention that Obama is trying to take our guns ...

... So, it can be argued that the NRA's constant promotion of inflammatory ideas did contribute to three police officers in Pittsburgh dying.

I, along with anyone I know who heard the same rumors, have not gone out and ambushed police officers.
I, along with anyone I know who heard the same rumors, have not even remotely entertained the notion of doing something like that.
So clearly it was not the "ideas" of the NRA that are responsible for this tragedy. The responsibility lies with one defective individual.
A normal person would properly place the blame where it belongs - squarely on the person who pulled the trigger.
Just because you haven't been influenced by the inflammatory propoganda of the NRA isn't proof that no one has been.Judging by the news reports, at least one gun owner was influenced by distortions from either the media or the NRA and three police officers are dead because of it. There are tens of millions of guns floating around in this country and thousands of them are owned by mentally unstable people. While it isn't illegal for the NRA to lie about the government taking guns, it clearly is not a responsible course of action. Which is not surprising because much of what the NRA advocates is irresponsible and contributes to firearm deaths here and in other countries. As a side note, Jack. How about dropping the bold print. It is the thought behind your words that makes a post impressive, not the size of the typeface.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 5:09 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Yes,but that wasn't the post I directed my comments at,was it?

happy jack wrote:

You falsely claimed the post was "incoherent" when it clearly wasn't. How about we just settle on "cheap shot",ok?
I posted my facts immediately following the first post.
sparks' post made no sense, and I simply noted that fact.
So, you're wrong twice.
How about we settle on that?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 5:13 pm

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

Just because you haven't been influenced by the inflammatory propoganda of the NRA isn't proof that no one has been.Judging by the news reports, at least one gun owner was influenced by distortions from either the media or the NRA and three police officers are dead because of it. There are tens of millions of guns floating around in this country and thousands of them are owned by mentally unstable people. While it isn't illegal for the NRA to lie about the government taking guns, it clearly is not a responsible course of action. Which is not surprising because much of what the NRA advocates is irresponsible and contributes to firearm deaths here and in other countries. As a side note, Jack. How about dropping the bold print. It is the thought behind your words that makes a post impressive, not the size of the typeface.
At least one gun owner was influenced by the movie Taxi Driver, too.
So what?

I'll tell you what: you worry about your posting style, and I'll worry about mine.
Agreed?
And even if it's not agreed, TFB.
'kay?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 5:29 pm

happy jack wrote:

I posted my facts immediately following the first post.[/quote]

Yeah,but once again that's not the post we're discussing.

Quote :

sparks' post made no sense, and I simply noted that fact.
So, you're wrong twice.

Typical
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 5:30 pm

happy jack wrote:

I'll tell you what: you worry about your posting style, and I'll worry about mine.
Agreed?
'kay?[/b]

What does 'TFB" stand for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 6:21 pm

sparks wrote:
Chalk another one up for the NRA. The families of three policeman in Pittsburgh have had their lives shattered by a AK47 wielding gunman who felt his right to own firearms was being threatened. Here is part of the story.

He always said that if someone tried to take his weapons away he would do what his forefathers told him to do and defend himself."
Mr. Poplawski was opposed to Mr. Obama's election, which he thought would result in the loss of his rights, Mr. Vire said.Mr. Poplawski told him he bought his guns "because he felt the quality of life was being diminished," Mr. Vire said.
"He said he'll be ready if there's ever an invasion of the United States and that he had stockpiled foods and guns for that eventuality."

It's time for voters to take a stand against the gun violence that is destroying lives across the country.
And.....if that nutcase didn't have a gun, don't you think he could have killed three cops with something else? I remember a post about a month and a half ago, where you claimed that you had a gun. (someone made the off hand remark that a water pistol didn't count, remember?) So, liar liar pants on fire, why are you against guns, and you claim you own one? Or are you just building up your post count?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 6:54 pm

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:

And.....if that nutcase didn't have a gun, don't you think he could have killed three cops with something else? I remember a post about a month and a half ago, where you claimed that you had a gun. (someone made the off hand remark that a water pistol didn't count, remember?) So, liar liar pants on fire, why are you against guns, and you claim you own one? Or are you just building up your post count?
No, I don't think that guy in Pittsburgh could have killed those police officers without a gun. I don't believe any of the mass murders that have killed over thirty people in the last two months could have happened without high powered firearms.If you know of any cases where a single criminal without a gun killed three police officers responding to a domestic call,post a link. As far as your second remark, the mental midgets OTOB made the claim that liberals don't own guns. There are plenty of liberals who own guns and know how to use them. I'm of the opinion that I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have one. Owning a gun doesn't mean I can't advocate enacting more common sense laws regulating them. "Liar,liar pants on fire"? What are you,twelve?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 7:01 pm

sparks wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:

No, I don't think that guy in Pittsburgh could have killed those police officers without a gun. I don't believe any of the mass murders that have killed over thirty people in the last two months could have happened without high powered firearms.If you know of any cases where a single criminal without a gun killed three police officers responding to a domestic call,post a link. As far as your second remark, the mental midgets OTOB made the claim that liberals don't own guns. There are plenty of liberals who own guns and know how to use them. I'm of the opinion that I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have one. Owning a gun doesn't mean I can't advocate enacting more common sense laws regulating them. "Liar,liar pants on fire"? What are you,twelve?
Oh, I just think you said you had a gun, just so you could play with the big guys, right?
Oh yeah, I know a few people in the military that could "take out" three armed people without a firearm.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 9:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Agreed?
'kay?[/b]

It's a secret code that only gun owners can understand.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 9:34 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

So, you're wrong twice.

Typical
The fact that you're wrong?
Why, yes, it is rather typical.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/7/2009, 12:46 am

LoisLane wrote:
It isn't political.

What isn't?

LoisLane wrote:
Not everything is.

I never said or implied everything was.

LoisLane wrote:
Just because my beliefs are 180 degrees from yours does not make me bizarre.

But the idea that a simple vote turns a political candidate into a deity beyond criticism is bizarre. That's the idea I was testing. You keep hilariously referring to Obama as "Messiah" and were unable to level a critical eye at some of Bush policies, even though the difference in probabilities were even greater than the example you used with Artie.

Like I said, this was all explained on the previous page.

LoisLane wrote:
If eveyone shared your beliefs, the whole country would be having an Obamagasm, and we'd be a country of zombies.

That's interesting. What exactly do you understand my "beliefs" to be? Because if you are under the impression that I have ever considered Obama to be some type of savior or that I fit into some neat little liberal/"Dumbocrat" stereotype, then you're apparently not familiar with me or any of my posts. At all. Razz

happy jack wrote:
At least one gun owner was influenced by the movie Taxi Driver, too.
So what?

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it. Jodie Foster and a Disney movie influenced one man enough to try and kill Reagan. But influence doesn't equate to responsibility, though I don't think we can say that such vapid fearmongering by the NRA is having no effect at all.

LoisLane wrote:
And.....if that nutcase didn't have a gun, don't you think he could have killed three cops with something else?

No. Guns are used because of their speed, ease of use, and their lethality. I doubt he would have been able to do as much damage as he did with any weapon other than a firearm (sans explosives... maybe).
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty4/7/2009, 7:58 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Agreed?
'kay?[/b]

It's a secret code that only gun owners can understand.

Ashamed to admit what it really stands for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh   Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mentally ill shooter kills three policeman in Pittsburgh
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next