Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Republicans...Then and Now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   2/17/2010, 7:30 pm

Bunch of dishonest hypocrites Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   4/14/2011, 3:19 pm

During Bush Presidency, Current GOP Leaders Voted 19 Times To Increase Debt Limit By $4 Trillion
Quote :
At the beginning of the Bush presidency, the United States debt limit was $5.95 trillion. Despite promises that he would pay off the debt in 10 years, Bush increased the debt to $9.815 trillion by the end of his term, with plenty of help from the four Republicans currently holding Congressional leadership positions: Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl. ThinkProgress compiled a breakdown of the five debt limit increases that took place during the Bush presidency and how the four Republican leaders voted:

June 2002: Congress approves a $450 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $6.4 trillion. McConnell, Boehner, and Cantor vote “yea”, Kyl votes “nay.”

May 2003: Congress approves a $900 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $7.384 trillion. All four approve.

November 2004: Congress approves an $800 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.1 trillion. All four approve.

March 2006: Congress approves a $781 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.965 trillion. All four approve.

September 2007: Congress approves an $850 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $9.815 trillion. All four approve.

When Bush was in office, the current Republican leaders viewed increasing the debt limit as vital to keeping America’s economy running. But with Obama in the White House, it’s nothing more than a political pawn.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   4/14/2011, 3:29 pm

Shhhh!! You're not supposed to talk about that!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   7/31/2011, 4:51 pm

VIDEO: House GOP Urged Clean Debt Ceiling Hike As A Matter of Responsibility And Good Governance
By Jeff Spross on Jul 30, 2011 at 8:30 am

Under the leadership of House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and House Majority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA), the Republicans continue to precipitate a stalemate over the debt ceiling and a possible economic crisis. As ThinkProgress’ Zaid Jilani and Travis Waldron have reported, not only did the Republican leadership vote multiple times for clean debt ceiling hikes under more favorable political circumstances, but no less than 98 currently serving House GOP members did so as well.
Between a vote in 2004, and another in 2002, many of these Republicans took to the floor of the House to defend a debt ceiling hike as not only necessary, but as a basic matter of responsibility and good governance. ThinkProgress has compiled the video.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/07/30/283404/video-house-gop-urged-clean-debt-ceiling-hike-as-a-matter-of-responsibility-and-good-governance/
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

avatar

Posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   7/31/2011, 5:11 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
During Bush Presidency, Current GOP Leaders Voted 19 Times To Increase Debt Limit By $4 Trillion
Quote :
At the beginning of the Bush presidency, the United States debt limit was $5.95 trillion. Despite promises that he would pay off the debt in 10 years, Bush increased the debt to $9.815 trillion by the end of his term, with plenty of help from the four Republicans currently holding Congressional leadership positions: Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl. ThinkProgress compiled a breakdown of the five debt limit increases that took place during the Bush presidency and how the four Republican leaders voted:

June 2002: Congress approves a $450 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $6.4 trillion. McConnell, Boehner, and Cantor vote “yea”, Kyl votes “nay.”

May 2003: Congress approves a $900 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $7.384 trillion. All four approve.

November 2004: Congress approves an $800 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.1 trillion. All four approve.

March 2006: Congress approves a $781 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.965 trillion. All four approve.

September 2007: Congress approves an $850 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $9.815 trillion. All four approve.

When Bush was in office, the current Republican leaders viewed increasing the debt limit as vital to keeping America’s economy running. But with Obama in the White House, it’s nothing more than a political pawn.
What's your point? It doesn't matter who did it, it has to be put under control. Eventually. Why not NOW?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   7/31/2011, 6:25 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
During Bush Presidency, Current GOP Leaders Voted 19 Times To Increase Debt Limit By $4 Trillion
Quote :
At the beginning of the Bush presidency, the United States debt limit was $5.95 trillion. Despite promises that he would pay off the debt in 10 years, Bush increased the debt to $9.815 trillion by the end of his term, with plenty of help from the four Republicans currently holding Congressional leadership positions: Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl. ThinkProgress compiled a breakdown of the five debt limit increases that took place during the Bush presidency and how the four Republican leaders voted:

June 2002: Congress approves a $450 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $6.4 trillion. McConnell, Boehner, and Cantor vote “yea”, Kyl votes “nay.”

May 2003: Congress approves a $900 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $7.384 trillion. All four approve.

November 2004: Congress approves an $800 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.1 trillion. All four approve.

March 2006: Congress approves a $781 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.965 trillion. All four approve.

September 2007: Congress approves an $850 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $9.815 trillion. All four approve.

When Bush was in office, the current Republican leaders viewed increasing the debt limit as vital to keeping America’s economy running. But with Obama in the White House, it’s nothing more than a political pawn.
What's your point? It doesn't matter who did it, it has to be put under control. Eventually. Why not NOW?
Why not then? Why turn it into a 3 ring circus that can only damage our standing in the world?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   7/31/2011, 8:21 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
What's your point? It doesn't matter who did it, it has to be put under control. Eventually. Why not NOW?

Scorpion wrote:
What part of the following statement don't you understand?

Quote :
The debt limit does not control or limit the ability of the federal government to run deficits or incur obligations. Rather, it is a limit on the ability to pay obligations already incurred.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

avatar

Posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   8/1/2011, 7:28 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Why not then? Why turn it into a 3 ring circus that can only damage our standing in the world?
Ever been outside the U.S.? Not too many foreigners like Americans. And as for our standing in the world, if we are so bad and nasty, why are so many commodities and economic markets based on the U.S. dollar. Don't kid yourself.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   8/1/2011, 8:25 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Why not then? Why turn it into a 3 ring circus that can only damage our standing in the world?
Ever been outside the U.S.? Not too many foreigners like Americans. And as for our standing in the world, if we are so bad and nasty, why are so many commodities and economic markets based on the U.S. dollar. Don't kid yourself.
You failed to answer my questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Republicans...Then and Now   

Back to top Go down
 
Republicans...Then and Now
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: