Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wrigley Field Cam

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/29/2009, 9:08 am

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/29/2009, 6:27 pm

Thanks. Very cool.
Back to top Go down

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/29/2009, 6:58 pm

Is that the wrecking ball I see coming down the street?

Naw, it's just a bus. Today at least. But I think it's days are numbered. OTOH I suppose the Federal government can think of a bailout to save it even though it sat by and let the House that Ruth Built bite the dust. I still can't believe how much the Yankees are asking for tickets in the new ballpark. What a bad joke!

But for now I guess you can enjoy with breathless anticipation the return of the Cubbies and their fans to the lovely confines live via the web. Enjoy it while it's still here! Wink
Back to top Go down

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/29/2009, 7:17 pm

I am all for keeping older ball parks around, if they are safe.

Yankee Stadium did not need to go away, they could have renovated it again like they did in the 1970's that got rid ofthe1930's stuff.

Wrigley Field needs to go away, it cannot be renovated anymore, and it sure cannot expand any more either
Back to top Go down

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/29/2009, 9:47 pm

All 1 of them now? I can't recall another park that's older than the 1960s off hand.

But I have the feeling that any attempt to upgrade Wrigley will be more based upon raking in more revenue than anything else. Like Soldier's Field it would basically just be the same name and location after renovation. I very much doubt it would be just about repairing what's unsafe. And the charm and neighborhood revenues from the across the street rooftop venue will be sure to be the 1st thing to go.

Actually I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possible use of ED for the city to condemn the buildings across the street just to build a skybox/ hotel complex.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/29/2009, 10:17 pm

Mirage wrote:

All 1 of them now? I can't recall another park that's older than the 1960s off hand.

Fenway Park in Boston.
Back to top Go down

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/29/2009, 11:59 pm

Any others?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/30/2009, 9:03 am

The next oldest is Dodger Stadium built in 1962.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/30/2009, 10:20 am

The last time I checked, these were the plans.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/ballpark/expansion.jsp

Quote :
The Chicago Cubs have released new illustrations of proposed Wrigley Field bleacher improvements and a new building planned for the parking lot west of the Friendly Confines.

The team and the City of Chicago have reached agreement on these designs, which reflect four years of input from community residents and City officials.

Wrigley Field Cam 563x314_exp_aerial

The bleacher improvements have already been completed.

There is also a plan which was announced last year, to rebuild the entire grandstand structure. That would probably require the Cubs to play elsewhere for at least part of one season.

http://cbs2chicago.com/sports/chicago.white.sox.2.673021.html

Quote :
If Wrigley Field actually gets a proposed $250 million makeover, the grandstands form the left field pole to the right field pole would have to be rebuilt. So the Cubs would have to play home games somewhere else for at the very least, half a season.

The new Cubs President told reporters Friday, the team may ask to use U.S. Cellular Field.

I don't much care for the idea of the Cubs playing on the South Side, even temporarily, but they will need to play somewhere while the rebuild is underway.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/30/2009, 11:00 am

Scorpion wrote:
The last time I checked, these were the plans.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/ballpark/expansion.jsp

Quote :
The Chicago Cubs have released new illustrations of proposed Wrigley Field bleacher improvements and a new building planned for the parking lot west of the Friendly Confines.

The team and the City of Chicago have reached agreement on these designs, which reflect four years of input from community residents and City officials.

Wrigley Field Cam 563x314_exp_aerial

The bleacher improvements have already been completed.

There is also a plan which was announced last year, to rebuild the entire grandstand structure. That would probably require the Cubs to play elsewhere for at least part of one season.

http://cbs2chicago.com/sports/chicago.white.sox.2.673021.html

Quote :
If Wrigley Field actually gets a proposed $250 million makeover, the grandstands form the left field pole to the right field pole would have to be rebuilt. So the Cubs would have to play home games somewhere else for at the very least, half a season.

The new Cubs President told reporters Friday, the team may ask to use U.S. Cellular Field.

I don't much care for the idea of the Cubs playing on the South Side, even temporarily, but they will need to play somewhere while the rebuild is underway.
I'm with you 100% on this. The idea of the Cub's playing 81 games in my favorite ballpark is appalling.
Back to top Go down

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/30/2009, 1:24 pm

Could be worse. Before inter league play it was all but entirely forbidden to crossover to the other leagues ballparks I think outside of exhibition games. So you would have been driving to St. Louis, at least. Wink
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty3/30/2009, 1:28 pm

I think it would be Milwaukee, not St. Louis. I think they should play in Gary!
Back to top Go down

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty4/16/2009, 1:23 pm

The Cubs need a new park, simple as that.

Of course the only people who actually can afford to go the the games these days at Wrigley are not true Cubs fans, just people who want to say "Hey I'e been to Wrigley Field, look at me"

I will never go to that dump ever again, no matter how many times they put lipstick on that pig, its still a pig
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty4/16/2009, 1:42 pm

Oh how I long for the good old days when you could buy tickets for 30-50% of face value and the sellers were thrilled not to get stuck with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrigley Field Cam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrigley Field Cam   Wrigley Field Cam Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrigley Field Cam
Page 1 of 1