Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Tesla introduces it's next electric car

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sparks



Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/27/2009, 7:58 am

Tesla's newest electric car is a glimpse into the future of automobiles. I think this is something to be proud of. An American company, building an environmentally friendly car in the US.
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/index.php
- 300 mile range
- 45 minute QuickCharge
- 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds
- Seats 7 people
- More Cargo space than station wagons
- 2X as efficient as hybrids
- 17 inch infotainment touchscreen
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/27/2009, 6:05 pm

sparks wrote:
Tesla's newest electric car is a glimpse into the future of automobiles. I think this is something to be proud of. An American company, building an environmentally friendly car in the US.
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/index.php
- 300 mile range
- 45 minute QuickCharge
- 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds
- Seats 7 people
- More Cargo space than station wagons
- 2X as efficient as hybrids
- 17 inch infotainment touchscreen
One question: Where would you get $50,000 for a car? Ha ha ha ha ha. Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/27/2009, 8:25 pm

That's a pretty sharp looking car Sparks. I guess the same people that would buy a Benz or the like would be interested in this car.

This fits right into the kind of changes our big 3 need to be making now.

0-60 in 5.6 seconds...that's fast! affraid
Back to top Go down
sparks



Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/28/2009, 6:38 am

party42 wrote:
That's a pretty sharp looking car Sparks. I guess the same people that would buy a Benz or the like would be interested in this car.

This fits right into the kind of changes our big 3 need to be making now.

0-60 in 5.6 seconds...that's fast! affraid
Tesla is going to open up a showroom in Chicago soon so you will be able to see the car.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/28/2009, 8:20 am

sparks wrote:
party42 wrote:
That's a pretty sharp looking car Sparks. I guess the same people that would buy a Benz or the like would be interested in this car.

This fits right into the kind of changes our big 3 need to be making now.

0-60 in 5.6 seconds...that's fast! affraid
Tesla is going to open up a showroom in Chicago soon so you will be able to see the car.
Uh, duh, it was at the auto show. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/28/2009, 10:52 am

Really Lois? Guess what? Not everyone went to the auto show now did they?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/28/2009, 10:58 am

party42 wrote:
Really Lois? Guess what? Not everyone went to the auto show now did they?
Well then, I am sorry for you. Best place to go if you are a car nut.
Back to top Go down
sparks



Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/28/2009, 1:35 pm

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
party42 wrote:
That's a pretty sharp looking car Sparks. I guess the same people that would buy a Benz or the like would be interested in this car.

This fits right into the kind of changes our big 3 need to be making now.

0-60 in 5.6 seconds...that's fast! affraid
Tesla is going to open up a showroom in Chicago soon so you will be able to see the car.
Uh, duh, it was at the auto show. Rolling Eyes
There is a big difference in between a display at the auto show and a showroom where you can actually test drive and purchase a Tesla.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   3/28/2009, 2:07 pm

sparks wrote:
There is a big difference in between a display at the auto show and a showroom where you can actually test drive and purchase a Tesla.
Well it doesn't look like you can do either too soon. Tesla Motors is asking the Federal Government for $100 million to build a factory. Production in the U.S. has been postponed. I guess PayPal, e-Bay, Hyatt, etc. can't scrape that kind of money together. Nice idea, but should have all their ducks in a row, before advertising.

Here's the baby I'm looking at.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   6/6/2009, 8:59 am

LoisLane wrote:
Here's the baby I'm looking at.
Well, I did it. In case anyone's been wondering, (and I know many of you have been) I've been away for the past three (+) weeks. I bought my Corvette. Not a ZR1, but a 4LT Coupe. Same color as the photo, but without the black roof. Then took a trip on I-80 to Salt Lake City, to see some friends, and back.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   6/6/2009, 3:36 pm

Iz nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tesla introduces it's next electric car   

Back to top Go down
 
Tesla introduces it's next electric car
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: The Environment-
Jump to: