Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You cannot...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/12/2009, 9:48 pm

I think this best fits the state of our nation right now. Maybe someone can send it to the "One"...

Quote :
"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer.
You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men’s initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves."
–Presbyterian minister William J.H. Boetcker (1873-1962)
Back to top Go down
sparks

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/13/2009, 5:53 am

I think whenever a poster refers to our President as the "Messiah" or the "One", it is an insult to any American who has believes in God. It is ironic that the quoted post is from a religious leader who I'm sure would oppose the use of his quote when it is placed in a post that is disrespectful to people of faith. Here's a very insightful quote from our President.
A nation cannot prosper long when it favors only the prosperous. The success of our economy has always depended not just on the size of our gross domestic product, but on the reach of our prosperity; on our ability to extend opportunity to every willing heart - not out of charity, but because it is the surest route to our common good.

- President Barack Obama
Back to top Go down

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/13/2009, 6:13 am

sparks wrote:
I think whenever a poster refers to our President as the "Messiah" or the "One", it is an insult to any American who has believes in God. It is ironic that the quoted post is from a religious leader who I'm sure would oppose the use of his quote when it is placed in a post that is disrespectful to people of faith. Here's a very insightful quote from our President.
A nation cannot prosper long when it favors only the prosperous. The success of our economy has always depended not just on the size of our gross domestic product, but on the reach of our prosperity; on our ability to extend opportunity to every willing heart - not out of charity, but because it is the surest route to our common good.

- President Barack Obama

Pot calling the kettle black. Since when do you care what someone says when it "supposedly" relates to Christianity? It's simply a metaphor for how some people treat the current POTUS. Thanks for playing.
Back to top Go down

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/13/2009, 6:44 pm

I think you can judge from somebody's actions a kind of a stability and sense of purpose perhaps created by strong religious roots. I mean, there's a certain patience, a certain discipline, I think, that religion helps you achieve.
-George W. Bush
Back to top Go down
sparks

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/14/2009, 8:02 am

Ohhmama wrote:
sparks wrote:

- President Barack Obama

Pot calling the kettle black. Since when do you care what someone says when it "supposedly" relates to Christianity? It's simply a metaphor for how some people treat the current POTUS. Thanks for playing.
My wife and I support our local church, giving our time and money to help others. When I decide which candidate I am going to support, I always use my faith to decide which candidate to support. Over the years, Democrats have consistently supported issues which are important to Christians. For example, Universal Health Care is a no-brainer. WWJD is a very easy way to sort through all the spin. Jesus would support health care for all. Do Good,do no harm,stay in love with God.
Back to top Go down

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/14/2009, 12:56 pm

ROFLMAO- you've come back as a comedian...LOL
Back to top Go down

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/14/2009, 1:17 pm

sparks wrote:
My wife and I support our local church, giving our time and money to help others. When I decide which candidate I am going to support, I always use my faith to decide which candidate to support. Over the years, Democrats have consistently supported issues which are important to Christians. For example, Universal Health Care is a no-brainer. WWJD is a very easy way to sort through all the spin. Jesus would support health care for all. Do Good,do no harm,stay in love with God.
Do you really believe this bullshit? Where did you hear this?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty3/14/2009, 1:55 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Do you really believe this bullshit?
Christianity? I know I don't. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

You cannot... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You cannot...   You cannot... Empty