Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rush Limbaugh Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 1:33 pm

I still cannot believe Artie started a thread telling you to Watch Rush Limbaugh. Razz
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 2:38 pm

Face wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Not for long! Obama wants to re-institute the "Fairness Doctrine" to limit your choices of programming.

Don't you fact check anything before you post?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/18/white-house-opposes-fairness-doctrine/

Quote :
President Obama opposes any move to bring back the so-called Fairness Doctrine, a spokesman told FOXNews.com Wednesday.

The statement is the first definitive stance the administration has taken since an aide told an industry publication last summer that Obama opposes the doctrine -- a long-abolished policy that would require broadcasters to provide opposing viewpoints on controversial issues.

"As the president stated during the campaign, he does not believe the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated," White House spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOXNews.com.

I heard that about Obama, Scorp., but isn't there some form of the "Fairness Doctrine" floating around up there, just not called the "Fairness Doctrine"?

No, there's a lot of noise from the GOP about the possibility of some form of it being contemplated, but that's all it is... noise. A few scattered Democrats in Congress have grumbled about bringing some form of it back, but that's about it. Absolutely no legislation is in the works, nor is there any being proposed.

I think it's appalling that anyone would post that "Obama wants to re-institute the Fairness Doctrine" when he is on the record as being against the idea. That's just posting something that is blatantly false, and a one-click search would have confirmed that fact. It just amazes me that some people just parrot stuff that they hear without checking it out first.

BTW - I don't know if you remember, but we have a thread on this board about this subject...

http://nofree.forumotion.com/nation-world-f11/fairness-doctrine-t399.htm

I know that we've been pretty lax about staying on topic here, and that's fine, because this forum isn't getting a lot of action, so for now, it makes sense to go ahead and debate subjects wherever they come up, but it's probably a good idea for posters to begin to post, or at least link, to the appropriate thread when possible, so that we don't start creating a bunch of redundant threads.

Like I said, it's not that much of an issue now. There just aren't enough posts (or posters) yet to make a big deal about it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 2:47 pm

the oracle wrote:
media public relations 101 people. no matter what happens in this fight between limbaugh and obama....limbaugh wins. its a simple mathmatical game folks. if you think polling data is remotely accurate...obama has at least 120 million people over 12 that like him. limbaugh? while he has the most popular radio show going today...has considerably less listeners.

all this is dustup is doing is increasing awareness of limbaugh's show. and whether you tune in because your of the 70 million or so over 12 that dont like obama...or are one of the 120 million who just want to listen so that you can bitch about him...if you tune in...limbaugh wins.

Yeah, well I agree that this is good for Rush, but IMHO, it's not good at all for the Republican Party when Rush is portrayed as the "leader" of the GOP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 4:07 pm

Portrayed by the Democrats- big whoop- I think most intelligent voters, Repub or not knows he isn't the leader for the GOP, only A RADIO TALKSHOW HOST.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 4:10 pm

No, there's a lot of noise from the GOP about the possibility of some form of it being contemplated, but that's all it is... noise. A few scattered Democrats in Congress have grumbled about bringing some form of it back, but that's about it. Absolutely no legislation is in the works, nor is there any being proposed.

For all we know somebody could toss it into the next bailout of a bailout package. As long as Congress remains in session no one is entirely safe. Wink

There wasn't a lot of chatter about studying pig farts either but now we all get to wallow in the smell it, rhetorically speaking of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 4:22 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Portrayed by the Democrats- big whoop- I think most intelligent voters, Repub or not knows he isn't the leader for the GOP, only A RADIO TALKSHOW HOST.

Yeah, well then who is the leader of the Republican party? When people see the Chairman of the GOP, and others, tripping over themselves to apologize to Rush, it makes it look like the party is taking its marching orders from a radio host.

I'm not saying that a strong Republican won't step up and change the dynamics of the situation, but it's certainly not clear who that might be, or if it's going to happen at all at this point.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 5:56 pm

At the very center of our economic near-depression is a credit bubble, a housing collapse and a systemic failure of the banking industry. One can come up with a host of causes: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pushed by Washington (and greed) into improvident loans, corrupted bond-ratings agencies, insufficient regulation," it goes on and on and on. "But the list of causes of the collapse of the financial system does not include the absence of universal health care, let alone of computerized medical records. Nor the absence of an industry-killing cap-and-trade carbon levy.

"And yet with our financial house on fire, Obama makes clear both in his speech and his budget that the essence of his presidency will be the transformation of health care, education and energy. Four months after winning the election, six weeks after his swearing-in, Obama has yet to unveil a plan to deal with the banking crisis. What's going on? 'You never want a serious crisis to go to waste,' said chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. 'This crisis provides the opportunity for us to do things that you could not do before.' Things. Now we know what they are. The markets' recent precipitous decline is a reaction not just to the absence of any plausible bank rescue plan, but also to the suspicion that Obama sees the continuing financial crisis as usefully creating the psychological conditions -- the sense of crisis bordering on fear-itself panic -- for enacting his 'Big Bang' agenda to federalize and/or socialize health care, education and energy. Intellectually dishonest to the core." Obama deceiving the American people and it's working.

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2009/03/dems-push-fresh-round-of-anti-rush.html

Artie....what basis do you have, regarding facts that would really, legally dispute above, Demo, Rep, or neither? I love hearing truth...no matter who it comes from.
Back to top Go down
Center-Right

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 6:44 pm

I agree with the sentiment that it is a Ratings game played by any and all talk show host out there. Each one ( Liberal/Conservative) smell profit in the blood sport and I am sure that a lot of people will tune in to hear what the other side is saying about their side.
If this sounds ridiculous it is, but controversy = profit. (So turn in people, everyone feed the monster, its diner time!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/7/2009, 11:38 pm

At the very center of our economic near-depression is a credit bubble, a housing collapse and a systemic failure of the banking industry.

I am of a different opinion on that. The REAL crisis in America is runaway spending and an unwillingness to curb the existing Federal debt plus lax regulation of lending practices at the urging of organizations such as ACORN who were demanding more credit granting for income unworthy borrowers with little to nothing down and adjustable interest rates.

But the actual bubble in housing was more focused on about 5 states, and at that mostly speculative flipping for profit.

Put another way, out ACTUAL crisis is G-R-E-E-D!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/8/2009, 2:01 pm

UrRight wrote:
At the very center of our economic near-depression is a credit bubble, a housing collapse and a systemic failure of the banking industry. One can come up with a host of causes: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pushed by Washington (and greed) into improvident loans, corrupted bond-ratings agencies, insufficient regulation," it goes on and on and on. "But the list of causes of the collapse of the financial system does not include the absence of universal health care, let alone of computerized medical records. Nor the absence of an industry-killing cap-and-trade carbon levy.

"And yet with our financial house on fire, Obama makes clear both in his speech and his budget that the essence of his presidency will be the transformation of health care, education and energy. Four months after winning the election, six weeks after his swearing-in, Obama has yet to unveil a plan to deal with the banking crisis. What's going on? 'You never want a serious crisis to go to waste,' said chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. 'This crisis provides the opportunity for us to do things that you could not do before.' Things. Now we know what they are. The markets' recent precipitous decline is a reaction not just to the absence of any plausible bank rescue plan, but also to the suspicion that Obama sees the continuing financial crisis as usefully creating the psychological conditions -- the sense of crisis bordering on fear-itself panic -- for enacting his 'Big Bang' agenda to federalize and/or socialize health care, education and energy. Intellectually dishonest to the core." Obama deceiving the American people and it's working.

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2009/03/dems-push-fresh-round-of-anti-rush.html

Artie....what basis do you have, regarding facts that would really, legally dispute above, Demo, Rep, or neither? I love hearing truth...no matter who it comes from.

Mirage,The fact of the matter is that health care and energy are tremendous drains on business,both big and small,and need to be addressed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/8/2009, 2:33 pm

Mirage,The fact of the matter is that health care and energy are tremendous drains on business,both big and small,and need to be addressed.

Personally I think the bigger problem is spending up the money people could have used to pay their bills with, medical and otherwise. It's about time the government stopped spending 60% of people's pay to run their lives and redistribute their wealth wherever it cares to. I don't want to contribute to the Gaza terrorists - I'd rather blow the stupid thing to pieces so that they will stop shelling civilians! Just to cite 1 of my pet peeves about Obamism. And no, I didn't like it any more when Bush shelled out.

Oh and how is RAISING Federal taxation on everything from another $.60 a pack on cigarettes to more consumer taxes on energy use supposed to ease the burden on folks anyway? Mad

Sorry but we're not buying that smelly fish story today. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/8/2009, 3:26 pm

Or how about supporting funding for other nation's abortions, or repealing the ban against federal funds for embryonic stem cell research...

Yes I am against those things, but if he wants to approve spending for those items- Why not just wait until our economy is settled? Nah, spend, spend, spend!!!

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   3/8/2009, 3:39 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Or how about supporting funding for other nation's abortions,

It's not as if we're funding abortions directly...

Quote :
The so-called Mexico City policy requires any non-governmental organization to agree before receiving U.S. funds that they will "neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations."
It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that even talk about abortion if there is an unplanned pregnancy.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/23/obama-lift-ban-overseas-abortion-funding/

Quote :
or repealing the ban against federal funds for embryonic stem cell research...

Or as like to call it...climbing back out of the dark ages.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   7/28/2013, 10:17 pm

cheers cheers cheers 
Cumulus planning to drop Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity
Quote :
In a major shakeup for the radio industry, Cumulus Media, the second-biggest broadcaster in the country, is planning to drop both Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity from its stations at the end of the year, an industry source told POLITICO on Sunday.

Cumulus has decided that it will not renew its contracts with either host, the source said, a move that would remove the two most highly rated conservative talk personalities from more than 40 Cumulus channels in major markets.

(PHOTOS: Cartoons of Rush Limbaugh)

The decision comes after negotiations between Cumulus and Premiere Networks, the division of Clear Channel that distributes Limbaugh and Hannity's shows, broke down due to disagreements over the cost of the distribution rights, the source said. Cumulus is known to drive a hard bargain on costs, and Clear Channel is known to seek top dollar for big names.

As industry insiders caution, Cumulus and Clear Channel have come to the brink before during contract negotiations only to resume talks. But the source told POLITICO that Clear Channel was unlikely to reduce the cost for distribution rights to a level that would satisfy Cumulus.

(Flashback: Limbaugh calls Georgetown student 'slut' and 'prostitute')

Cumulus declined to comment for this story: "Cumulus is not in a position to comment about negotiations with talent under contract, no matter what the rumor of the day might be," a spokesperson told POLITICO.

But in recent weeks, Cumulus has been quietly reaching out to radio talent agents and political insiders about new local and regional station hosts to fill some of the airtime that will be left vacant by Limbaugh and Hannity, industry sources said. Cumulus is also expected to move some of its existing talent -- which includes Mike Huckabee, Mark Levin, and Michael Savage -- into one of the slots.

Premiere, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Sunday night, is expected to carry Limbaugh and Hannity on stations in many of the markets where they are currently signed with Cumulus, should the negotiations not go through. A spokesperson for Limbaugh was not immediately available for comment; Hannity did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

(WATCH: Rush Limbaugh tells caller not to watch Fox News)

Back in May, a source close to Limbaugh told POLITICO that the host was considering ending his affiliation agreement with Cumulus because CEO Lew Dickey was blaming the company's advertising losses on Limbaugh's controversial remarks about Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown law student. On an earnings call two days later, Dickey reported a $2.4 million first-quarter decline in revenue related to talk programming, which he attributed, indirectly, to Limbaugh's remarks about Fluke.

Dickey is expected to hold another earnings call this week, though it is unclear if he will address the contract negotiations.
Somewhere the well-spoken and courageous Sandra Fluke is smiling tonight Very Happy 

As much as I'm delighted to see these 2 scumbags get the ax,they will only end up being replaced by even crazier wingnuts who will work for a lot less.....Joe Walsh and Alan West anyone? The bright side of that is that it will just make the GOP look even crazier,so in the end it's a win-win for progressives.

But anything that causes dissension and outrage on Planet Wingnuttia is obviously a good thing. So start poppin the popcorn and wait for the accusations to start flying. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   

Back to top Go down

Rush Limbaugh Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: