Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sparks

Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty
PostSubject: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/20/2009, 5:52 pm

Rich James wrote a very negative column today about Tom McDermott's chances to win the Lake County Democratic chairman post. IMO, Mr. James did an absolute hatchet job on McDermott. Rich James should have just said that he was being paid to run a campaign ad for George Van Til,because that's all this column is.
http://www.post-trib.com/news/james/1441539,james.article
Unfortunately for McDermott, who is delusional about his own political worth, he sorely lacks the political moxie of his father -- Tom McDermott Sr., the first McDermott to serve as mayor of Hammond.

It's not that Tom Jr. is a bad mayor. Not at all. He's just not much of a politician. And the fact that he's running for chairman pretty much proves it. In Lake County Democratic politics, you have to pay your dues before moving up. Six years isn't even a downpayment.

McDermott can't win, although he has visions of sugar plum fairies dancing in his head.

The right thing to do if he wants a future in the Lake County Democratic Party is to back away before he gets hurt. And have an ostrich burger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/20/2009, 6:33 pm

He is right, he does not have the experience

It takes years of knowing who and how to shakedown people to get the votes
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/20/2009, 9:48 pm

just watch what happens people. as i said. the old guard is very wary because they know mcdermott isnt under their control. so they are pulling out all of the stops. and using thier buddy columnists (did you know rich james wife works for the county sheriff?)..so that column is nothing more than a clear signal that mcdermott indeed can win, and that they are afraid of that fact.

think about it people. on the one hand a candidate is rudy clay. who clearly cant run the city of gary (The times in an editorial asks the state to take his powers away and run the city for him), is under investigation for wrongdoing at the sanitary district, and cant understand why everyone is disgusted with his audacity to demand 400 million in stimulas money to bail his ass out. the fact is, hes the biggest political embarassment this side of springfield illinois.

and on the other hand is george van til. who has three county owned vehicals in his driveway (if you include the infamous swamp buggie), and his best claim to fame is he is the only county office holder elected to three terms for the same office that hasnt been indicted (yet). hell james wants to talk about mcdermott beating janiec? how about just last year when van til couldnt even win a majority of the vote in his home town against an unknown republican. the truth is, if it wasnt for the blind democratic vote coming out of gary. van till would be paying for his own gas right now. and the only thing his buddy james can say in his defense in comparison to mcdermott is that van til has been around? if that's all it takes maybe rich wants to bring pete manous back?

say what you want about mcdermott. yeah he gets angry at times, he shoots from the hip, and sometimes he rubs people the wrong way. but he gets things done. he raises money. and he has a lot of statewide connections and he has absolutley no hint of any wrongdoing or legal controversy in his background. all of which are critical to being a good party chairman.
Back to top Go down
Center-Right

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/20/2009, 9:52 pm

:inq:
This race is getting interesting.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/21/2009, 7:59 am

So who does Rich James feel should be Lake County Chair? Or is that unimportant?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/21/2009, 9:45 am

voter3 wrote:
So who does Rich James feel should be Lake County Chair? Or is that unimportant?

Its unimportant Voter.

As long as its not McDermott, thats all James cares about

Honestly, Lake County needs someone new at the top, not another career politician, because those career pols have ruined Lake County, and I feel the same for the Republican side as well.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/21/2009, 10:53 am

voter3 wrote:
I feel the same way the Oracle does, that Rich James wants to see George Van Til as county chairman. The county chair wields power and is an important position. The only reason Rich James wrote the column was to try to hurt McDermott's chances of winning. Of the 3 candidates running, McDermott is clearly the best candidate.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/21/2009, 5:06 pm

the fact is, hes the biggest political embarassment this side of springfield illinois.
That was Oacle's quote about Rudy Clay. I smell a skunk when I smell a skunk, and I smelled real skunks in my life. Rudy qualifies for office of Mayor less than an average citizen.

When he stated he was going for the 400 million, "that is a drop in the bucket", I slammed newspaper articles down to Indianapolis. I slammed every quote that guy made. I warned the govenor not to listen to Rudy's "Cry Me A River" rights to anything. He is not qualified for the job, and by the way, I'd like to see his resume. I would like to see STROGER's resume...I would like to see any politician's resume for that matter. I want to know how they got in office. I want to know why Lake County just loves Obama but doesn't strive to work with the republicans. I want to see an end to these hand-outs. I want to see these politicians holding not one more office outside of what they hold...which means, I don't want Mayor McDermott teaching at the university on the taxpayer's dime on Friday...I don't want to hear about Kelly services being run out of his wife's house....while she, too works at the university. Every politician that I've known in ILLINOIS worked on the school board, the scholarship board, did this, did that..what they didn't tell you they drew multiple salaries.

I am not trying to be a FREETime, but enough is enough. Our economy is suffering, our court system is outdated, our whole state is outdated. If they upgraded their computers, they could slash the patronage.

As far as McDermott Jr., running for whatever, fine. Anything but the porkchop, side-burned, antique, "YOU OWE ME" guy. What we need to do is quit the talk and walk the talk. You know it, and I know it..money is never enough money when you are a politician. They'll feed you anything they think will make you believe they can "save" your world. In actuality, they've become accustomed to a lifestyle, much like a scammer in Wallstreet, that they don't give a crap.

Do you think their kids are going to suffer? No. Do they think they need to make more to keep them from suffering? Yes. The only guarantee of a job - is to make a career out of government. I was there, I worked for them...I left because I happen to be ethical, and right in your eye, truthful. I wasn't going to waste money like they did back then....and at least I can look myself in the mirror. My friends can't. They knew they were on a ride...to nowhere...just serve your time, as if you're in prison and be awarded. That was government back in the days where the typewriter was the norm, and I got so damn bored, I actually xeroded by ass on morning and told them it was an emergency alert..Aliens invaded the Xerox room. They laughed their butts off...and party planning was my main job, while working for five different departments, asking them for work.

I ended up in the Merdoff building across the street from 219 Dearborn, entertaining everyone for a living. I got tired after awhile and decided to look for a real job.

Been there...one of the senators in Washington, I trained, so I guess I was worth something back then. I think I heard he ended up in jail....he figured out you really don't need to work...just have some fun. As long as you don't get caught. How hard is it to get caught if everyone else wasn't at their desk and was there with you?
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty2/21/2009, 11:35 pm

Rich James = Mark Kiesling...Mark Kiesling = Rich James.

These people are actually paid to write their opinion. I dont know how much, but they are overpaid!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column   Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column Empty

Back to top Go down

Rich James hammers McDermott in today's Post-Tribune column
Page 1 of 1