Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

progress!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

progress! Empty
PostSubject: progress!   progress! Empty2/18/2009, 3:02 pm

Many of you long ago listeners, or long time board readers will recall for the past 6 years or so that i have been predicting that hammond and whiting will eventually have to start unifying services thanks to the reassessment?

well the first major service consolidation may be in progress http://www.post-trib.com/news/1435970,hamfire.article

this makes absolute sense! or more specifically dollars and cents!

the only drawback...isnt really a drawback. im certain many firefighters and or dispatchers are concerned for their own futures. but through natural attrition in the ranks...none are going to be in any jeopardy of losing their jobs over such a consolidation.

in the end the combined force will likely total few less fire fighters. but the coverage will be better spread out to protect both cities. and its possible there may be less of a need for a station somewhere up north when all is said and done. this will save taxpayers in both citys in salary, benefits, equipment and upkeep, and if anything will make both city's more safe in terms of service because there will be one less phone call needed when either needs assistance covering stations.

congrats to both city's for deciding to work together in both of their interest. heres hoping its a first step in cutting the cost of government for all of us.
Back to top Go down

progress! Empty
PostSubject: Re: progress!   progress! Empty2/18/2009, 4:50 pm

I don't know why they don't just go ahead and let Hammond annex them. Things like this agreement just helps to prolong the inevitable.
Back to top Go down
sparks

progress! Empty
PostSubject: Re: progress!   progress! Empty2/18/2009, 5:03 pm

I heard the Preacher discussing this story today on WJOB. It is his opinion that Hammond is going to initiate a hostile takeover of Whiting.
Then one of his callers said that Whiting should do a hostile takeover of Hammond. The Preacher and his caller had me cracking up. Dumb and dumber were talking on the airwaves, neither one seeming to realize that hostile takeovers happen to corporations,not cities. You really should be back on the air,Oracle.
Back to top Go down

progress! Empty
PostSubject: Re: progress!   progress! Empty2/18/2009, 5:13 pm

Not true Sparkie. EC annexed Hammond, then Gary annexed both. These were hostile and the state had to step in and put things back like they were.

Personally I have always opposed the way the annexation game goes. Just look at the Dyer controversy.
Back to top Go down
Center-Right

progress! Empty
PostSubject: Re: progress!   progress! Empty2/18/2009, 7:38 pm

Robertdale is a unique demography. It has always had a strong relationship with Whiting.
Because of an economic reality, school consolidation is taking root.
I think that it will be one of the (sch ) better moves to date.
I hope this will work out (Let see what type of leadership moves this thing forward, 🍿 The devil is in the details.
Back to top Go down
voter3

progress! Empty
PostSubject: Re: progress!   progress! Empty2/18/2009, 9:38 pm

If the studentsd from the 46397 area zip code get to go to whiting high then all that will be left in clark are out of towners...not that the SCH would care!

Thank GOD that things dont actually work the way Preacher thinks they should.
Back to top Go down
sparks

progress! Empty
PostSubject: Re: progress!   progress! Empty2/19/2009, 5:38 am

Mirage wrote:
Not true Sparkie. EC annexed Hammond, then Gary annexed both. These were hostile and the state had to step in and put things back like they were.

Personally I have always opposed the way the annexation game goes. Just look at the Dyer controversy.
Mirage, you are talking about something that happened in 1910. The laws have changed since then. There is no provision in the state code to allow a city to initiate a hostile takeover of another city in Indiana. There are still struggles over incorporating unincorporated land, but that is a different situation. The point I was making is the Preacher really should do some research before he opens up his mouth and says idiotic things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

progress! Empty
PostSubject: Re: progress!   progress! Empty

Back to top Go down

progress!
Page 1 of 1