Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 11:45 am

Scorpion wrote:

Besides, you're ignoring the fact that the vast majority of abortions take place before the fetus is viable. You've made it clear in prior discussions that you even consider a zygote to be a "baby." Of course you're entitled to your religious beliefs, but calling a zygote a "baby" is just ridiculous, in my view.

When the virtues of Planned Parenthood are extolled because of the organization's provision of valuable prenatal care services, the little life form inside the mother, regardless of its stage of development, is made out to be the cutest, most precious thing in the world. But when Planned Parenthood is criticized for performing abortions, the tables instantly turn, and that little life form inside the mother, regardless of its stage of development, is immediately characterized as a blob, a tissue mass, a disposable and easily discarded lump.
Such is the double-speak of hypocritical swine.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 11:57 am

Scorpion wrote:
For all we know, this could be a stillbirth.

I understand your confusion over the previous photo.
Could this be a stillbirth, too?

http://www.100abortionpictures.com/Aborted_Baby_Pictures_Abortion_Photos/Enlargement.cfm?ID=38

If so, it took one helluva wild ride down that birth canal.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 2:08 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

http://www.100abortionpictures.com/Aborted_Baby_Pictures_Abortion_Photos/Enlargement.cfm?ID=38

And I'll ask you again... What was the reason for that abortion? Was it to save the life of the mother? Does that even matter to you?

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 3:12 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

And I'll ask you again... What was the reason for that abortion? Was it to save the life of the mother? Does that even matter to you?

The reason for the abortion, and what you or I think about it, most certainly didn't matter to the baby.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 3:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

The reason for the abortion, and what you or I think about it, most certainly didn't matter to the baby.

Just this once, why don't you just answer the frickin' question? I'll try to clarify it to make it simpler for you. If an abortion is necessary in order to save the life of the mother, then what else can be done?

If you're not going to answer any questions about a subject that you obviously feel strongly about, then why the hell are you posting at all?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 4:12 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Just this once, why don't you just answer the frickin' question? I'll try to clarify it to make it simpler for you. If an abortion is necessary in order to save the life of the mother, then what else can be done?

If you're not going to answer any questions about a subject that you obviously feel strongly about, then why the hell are you posting at all?

Probably the most common case would be an ectopic pregnancy, one in which the baby has no chance of survival regardless. If the baby is aborted in that case, then only one death (which was inevitable) occurs rather than two. I have no serious moral qualms over that since the baby would have died anyway.
Specifically what sort of life-threatening situations are you referring to where it becomes an either/or choice?

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 6:48 pm

KarenT wrote:
Jack, you seem to equate abortion with murder. I don't believe that way - until the fetus can live outside its mother's body, it's not life, just potential life.
Good point Karen. In fact most abortions take place in the first trimester when the fetus can't live independently.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/6/2011, 9:40 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
In fact most abortions take place in the first trimester when the fetus can't live independently.
What percentage of the total number of abortions performed have occurred in the first trimester?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 5:46 am

happy jack wrote:
UrRight wrote:
.... what did people do back in the '70s?
Went to discos and boogie-oogie-oogied all night long.

I bet I ran into you back then!!!!

Those WERE the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end,......
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 6:35 am

I realize abortion is viewed differently by everyone. Back in the older days it was considered a sin to be pregnant without marriage. Backroom abortions were done, etc.

Today being pregnant by different fathers in some situations occur for lack of morals and for state aid which should be changed to limi9t one mistake only.

My feelings are I have not met one person without remorse who had an abortion and went on to later have children. Those are the ones who expressed they felt like they killed their first baby, wondering why they didn't give life as they did with subsequent children they had given life to. Those women have a conscious and it affects them decades
later.

With so many infertile couples begging to cover expenses and willing to adopt, I don't think abortion is necessary unless the mother's life is in danger. EVEN WITH THAT REASONING..I HAVE KNOWN 2 PEOPLE WHO TOOK THAT RISK AND DIED SO THEIR CHILD COULD LIVE.

I believe in life. If you use the first trimester as POTENTIAL life, what if YOUR birth mother snuffed YOU out like a half-smoked cigarette?

There are so many options out there today that you can actually get paid for your eggs or sperm. You can get paid for carrying that child full-term and fulfill some couple's dream of wanting a child and have the education, morals, money to provide and love that baby.

Do people not throw a fish full of eggs back in the water..rather than eat it? Do people with a conscious kill their pet dog or cat that accidently got knocked up when it got loose? They sell, charge a small fee or give them away. Even animals are protected and have more rights in their mother's womb than a baby, a potential baby, a potential human being who has no say whether he or she winds up in a vacuum, or in a loving home.

I feel strongly against abortion in this day and age. There are better options and there is this thing called being informed as to actually what transpires during the abortion that those who consider it, should sit through real life recordings as mandatory, tell them this could have been YOU had your mom or birth mother chose not to burden her body or sacrifice her body for 9 months. I bet after seeing a mandatory-mandated must-see screening of what happens to that potential human life while being aborted, those with a conscious would reconsider and give that baby life and the opportunity of being placed in a loving home with parents that love them.

I would feel so guilty and my conscious would kill me looking at my own kids had I chosen abortion.

As far as pap smears for cervical cancer, mamograms, etc., county hospitals accept those who have no medical insurance.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 6:46 am

I disagree with you on abortion, UR. I can name a few friends who had abortions and don't regret that choice.

Yes, Porter would do the tests, but people with no insurance would be billed the full amount.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 7:52 am

KarenT wrote:
I disagree with you on abortion, UR. I can name a few friends who had abortions and don't regret that choice.
Me too.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 8:04 am

KarenT wrote:

I understand what bothers some people, doesn't bother others.

I just don't think Gov't should be offering services to fund Planned Parenthood. It should be left up to the person who goofed. if they can get medical services free..they never have to worry about taking responsibility for what happened. I feel strongly against abortion and strongly against society and government rewarding them for having a host of kids simply because they get rewarded with money, food, formula, diapers, and a free place to live. If government would stay out of the baby business, it would eliminate illeglas having anchor babies, and make single mom's think twice if benefits end with one mistake.

Yes, Porter would do the tests, but people with no insurance would be billed the full amount.

..Yep, but today, you can be almost certain a huge percentage of people who used to make 6 figures are now on the same level as those who never held a job.

They are losing their homes..so what is another bad rap on your credit score?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 8:07 am

Artie60438 wrote:
KarenT wrote:
Me too.

Wassa matter, Artie, did someone spare you child-support? LOLOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 1:09 pm

By the time a woman feels ready,the festus' eyes, arms, hands legs and a heart beat is in place..and the fetus, baby feels the pain. So..I would say abortions are performed to the ill informed during the conception of life...while that sperm met the egg.

And no gov't intervention can alter that. What if YOUR mom did that to you?

YOU wouldn't be here enjoying life's up or downs. If you were that fetus and could talk, wouldn't YOU beg for a breath or chance at life?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 1:45 pm

UrRight wrote:
By the time a woman feels ready,the festus' eyes, arms, hands legs and a heart beat is in place..

Some people call it a baby, while others are more comfortable calling it a festus.
Go figure.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=festus+gunsmoke&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=575&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=kxpUFae-vUTc9M:&imgrefurl=http://www.tvacres.com/west_gunsmoke.htm&docid=LF5-X35fSLNl7M&w=296&h=220&ei=ubZnTuXMF66msQK_3_ygDg&zoom=1
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 2:01 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
In fact most abortions take place in the first trimester when the fetus can't live independently.
What percentage of the total number of abortions performed have occurred in the first trimester?

IIRC, it's around 90%.

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

What percentage of the total number of abortions performed have occurred in the first trimester?]
First..........If the election were held today which candidate would you be voting for?
Mitch Daniels

Looks like an answer to me, Artie. Obviously, Jack is still hoping that Daniels will change his mind and enter the race.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    9/7/2011, 2:11 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

IIRC, it's around 90%.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    12/8/2012, 9:06 am

Texas Republicans are shocked to learn that birth control prevents pregnancy
Quote :
Well, no one could have seen this one coming. Last year Texas Republicans took $73 million away from family planning services to protect taxpayers from the evils of Planned Parenthood's non-existent abortion services. And now?
Quote :
The latest Health and Human Services Commission projections being circulated among Texas lawmakers indicate that during the 2014-15 biennium, poor women will deliver an estimated 23,760 more babies than they would have, as a result of their reduced access to state-subsidized birth control. The additional cost to taxpayers is expected to be as much as $273 million
One Democratic representative said of her Republican colleagues, "in retrospect they did not fully grasp the implications." Well, sure. Who could have predicted it? After all, it's not like they had any estimates of the potential impact of the cuts ahead of last year's vote. Well, except for this:
Quote :
Last legislative session, while lawmakers debated the cuts, the nonpartisan Legislative Budget Board estimated that they would lead 284,000 women to lose family planning services, resulting in 20,000 additional unplanned births at a cost to taxpayers of $231 million.
So yes, if only they had known.

And now there's a bipartisan coalition trying to come up with a way to restore the funding. Not because they've realized that all women should have the right and ability to make their own family planning decisions, mind you, but as "a cost-saving initiative if nothing else." But:
Quote :
Any such agreement would almost certainly exclude Planned Parenthood from future financing.
Of course. Apparently making sure that lower income women have access to basic medical care and live-saving cancer screenings isn't a cost-saving initiative that Republicans are concerned about.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    5/28/2013, 1:35 pm

Indiana Is The Latest State To Fail To Defund Planned Parenthood
Quote :
In what women’s health advocates are hailing as a victory, the U.S. Supreme Court has decided not to weigh in on a lower court decision that prevented Indiana from stripping funding from the state’s Planned Parenthood clinics. By declining to hear the case on Tuesday, the nation’s highest court has ensured that Indiana will remain unable to defund the national women’s health organization.

Indiana was the first state to target Planned Parenthood by banning it from receiving state-level Medicaid funds, a tactic that anti-abortion politicians have increasingly used in their ongoing crusade against the organization. In 2011, Gov. Mitch Daniels (R-IN) signed a law to cut off the Medicaid dollars that finance Planned Parenthood’s general health screenings for thousands of low-income women in Indiana.

But the courts have consistently held that discriminating against qualified Medicaid providers simply based on their position on abortion rights is unconstitutional. Even though Indiana’s 2011 law inspired a rash of similar legislation in states like Arizona, North Carolina, Kansas, and Tennessee, all of those efforts to defund Planned Parenthood have been blocked in court. A notable exception is Texas, where anti-choice officials opted to forfeit all of the federal funding for their Medicaid program in order to kick Planned Parenthood out of the program.

Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood Action Fund, noted that the most recent court decision regarding Indiana should send a clear message to anti-choice lawmakers. “Politicians in all 50 states should take note: blocking Planned Parenthood from funding to provide preventive health care is both unlawful, and deeply unpopular,” Richards pointed out in a press release. “Over and over again, courts have said that states cannot block people from getting preventive health care at Planned Parenthood, and the vast majority of the American public agrees.”

Planned Parenthood estimates that one out of every five women in the United States has visited one of the organization’s health clinics at some point in her life. Indeed, recent research from the Guttmacher Institute has demonstrated that women rely on publicly-funded family planning clinics as their primary care provider — and many of those women say they don’t seek out health care anywhere else because Planned Parenthood better provides for their reproductive needs.

The current situation in Texas provides a stark illustration of what happens to those women when they can no longer use their Medicaid insurance to visit Planned Parenthood: they’re forced to look for new doctors, and many of them simply forgo family planning services altogether. Nonetheless, lawmakers hostile to abortion rights continue to push to defund the organization. Just last week, in the aftermath of the devastating damage from two tornadoes, Oklahoma legislators voted to strip funding from Planned Parenthood.
Another one of wingnut Greg Zoeller's crazy lawsuits comes to it's rightful end Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients    

Back to top Go down

Planned Parenthood stops seeing Medicaid patients
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: