Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 9:50 am

...if you're headed out to Cabela's, that is. lol!

With temps around -18 degrees what else ya gonna do? :beathorse:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 10:04 am

If you want to become an ice cube go for it Smile

Then the mayor can request a STIF to thaw you out Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 11:30 am

I will wait until the weather really warms up, maybe April. Until then, if I get THAT bored, or are THAT desperate to go fishing, I will just cast a line into my fish tank ! Twisted Evil NOT!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 12:09 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
I will wait until the weather really warms up, maybe April. Until then, if I get THAT bored, or are THAT desperate to go fishing, I will just cast a line into my fish tank ! Twisted Evil NOT!!! Laughing

I love ice fishing with my son

Its a great time to intrude into his personal life Smile
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 1:16 pm

My brother custom-made himself a beautiful "Norm's Shanty" built for my dad, specifically for ice fishing. Inside is a toilet (yes), a stereo, tv, heater and a what-not.

My dad never uses it except to pull it up to the garage for me to sleep in - in the summer. It's my "smoke house".

Mike, you and your son are welcome to go there and use it. January/February is LAKE PERCH month. Perch are biting! You can see the bottom of the lake since all the kids grew up, and no one is around to stir up the water around the fishermen.

Fishermen that have passed on, gave up, or are sick. You now have the lake to yourself. If you really want to go, pm me...I'll give ya directions, and tell my dad. He lets anyone use it. All strangers are his friend. Just bring a case of cheap beer for him.

Even the dogs up there think he's their real master.....he's a corker.

Last edited by UrRight on 1/16/2009, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 1:17 pm

It's only a 45 minute drive from Michigan City...exit 52, private lake.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 3:48 pm

this may sound crazy...but it really wasnt that bad today(i was actually outside patching). no wind helps alot. i think its the super dry air. but if you kept your exposed skin covered...seriously i was actually pretty comfortable working out there today!

on the other hand ive worked with the same amount of clothes on in 20 degree days with drizzle and the wind coming off the lake and froze my ass off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 3:59 pm

I was only in the cold air for maybe 5 minutes and when I went back in, my lips were bleeding from being cracked
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 4:20 pm

UrRight wrote:

Would that be Christy Lake?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 5:35 pm

mike3775 wrote:
I was only in the cold air for maybe 5 minutes and when I went back in, my lips were bleeding from being cracked

Better cracled from being outside than from being inside, if ya know what I mean. farao
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 5:38 pm

voter3 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Would that be Christy Lake?

How'd you guess that, Voter? YEP! Wow, a small world! You know that lake? Hell, you probably know my dad. Smile lol!

You wanna go up? Round ya' Daves' up...I'll book ya! My mom lays out the feast, my dad drinks any kind of beer that doesn't require a ten cent deposit, as long as you leave the cans or bottles there for him to cash in.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty1/16/2009, 5:40 pm

How'd you really guess that? Do you have friends on the lake there? Really! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing   Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Should be a Nice Day for Fishing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: