Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Flatrock lawsuit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the oracle

avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/20/2011, 3:49 am

i think there was one minor function there maybe 5 years ago? the city council had its christmas party there. but again the place is owned by a former councilmens brother...so not a huge surprise there. republican kim poland also had several fundraisers thier during the last election cycle in the bar owned by the now democrat county councilman. other then those two events im not aware of politicians ever frequenting that place.


you must understand ft was often misinformed, misguided, or simply untruthfull in her postings.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

avatar

Posts : 286

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/20/2011, 8:12 am

UrRight wrote:
What was it about Flat Rock when a car crashed...and later FT was saying that's where the politicians hang out...something that was brought up by FT that gave me the impression that Flat Rock was the place the city hall guys go to.

So, is it the Team Hammond Hangout???? LOL Just curious.
I knew that the "old" Anchor Inn was a polls hangout, don't know about the new one though...
Back to top Go down
UrRight



Posts : 3993

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/20/2011, 9:33 pm

chuckmo48 wrote:
UrRight wrote:
What was it about Flat Rock when a car crashed...and later FT was saying that's where the politicians hang out...something that was brought up by FT that gave me the impression that Flat Rock was the place the city hall guys go to.

So, is it the Team Hammond Hangout???? LOL Just curious.
I knew that the "old" Anchor Inn was a polls hangout, don't know about the new one though...

*********************************************************************************

Well Chuck, tell me a time while working when you and your fellow workers had a hot spot to meet after work and let loose and laugh?

Mine was forgot the name...on Torrence, near Ridge Road. Anytime I said, "PARTY" all of us headed there and of course the two partners (bosses) with two different businesses loved our attitude (my best friend and my attitude) ...money was of no concern to them. We got appetizers up the butt, drank all we wanted, ordered steak, and still, we told them what we thought, and the goats still loved us.

It was located across from Crescent Jewelers, that big old beautiful place...we dictated the place. It's still there, but I don't think they saw such good business and good times since we all departed. It was a huge (still is) restaurant/lounge, still thriving. A beautiful place before Kokomo's Supermarket, and before Ridge Road. For the life of me, I can't remember the name.

Anyway...point is..workers at any place have a place they like to patronize and congregate and blow steam and laugh.

Was just wondering why at one point in time FT was so curious about a crash at Flat Rock.

Shitz happens. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sparks



Posts : 2197

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/21/2011, 8:02 am

the oracle wrote:
i think there was one minor function there maybe 5 years ago? the city council had its christmas party there. but again the place is owned by a former councilmens brother...so not a huge surprise there. republican kim poland also had several fundraisers thier during the last election cycle in the bar owned by the now democrat county councilman. other then those two events im not aware of politicians ever frequenting that place.


you must understand ft was often misinformed, misguided, or simply untruthfull in her postings.
Flatrock Tap has a room in the back with couches and tables that can be reserved. Move-On has used this room for meetings. Mike Repay has been very supportive of them. Kind of a smart move for a small business owner. Great way to attract younger, hip people to your tap. Flatrock also has the best selection of craft beers in Hammond.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9392

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/21/2011, 12:12 pm

sparks wrote:

Flatrock Tap has a room in the back with couches and tables that can be reserved. Move-On has used this room for meetings. Mike Repay has been very supportive of them. Kind of a smart move for a small business owner. Great way to attract younger, hip people to your tap. Flatrock also has the best selection of craft beers in Hammond.

The 1 Lb BLT has always intrigued me and constantly seems to be calling my name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UrRight



Posts : 3993

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/21/2011, 7:58 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
sparks wrote:

Flatrock Tap has a room in the back with couches and tables that can be reserved. Move-On has used this room for meetings. Mike Repay has been very supportive of them. Kind of a smart move for a small business owner. Great way to attract younger, hip people to your tap. Flatrock also has the best selection of craft beers in Hammond.

The 1 Lb BLT has always intrigued me and constantly seems to be calling my name Very Happy


What do you mean?


Last edited by UrRight on 5/21/2011, 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
UrRight



Posts : 3993

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/21/2011, 8:00 pm

What, seriously is the "1 lb. BLT" has always intrigued me and constantly calls my name" mean?
Back to top Go down
BigFan

avatar

Posts : 694

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/21/2011, 10:09 pm

It sounds very good. I've always wanted to try it too, but can't bring myself to visit a bar at lunchtime.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9392

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/21/2011, 10:31 pm

UrRight wrote:
What, seriously is the "1 lb. BLT" has always intrigued me and constantly calls my name" mean?
It's a 1 lb Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato sandwich that keeps calling my name to devour it.
Back to top Go down
UrRight



Posts : 3993

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/22/2011, 8:44 am

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:
What, seriously is the "1 lb. BLT" has always intrigued me and constantly calls my name" mean?
It's a 1 lb Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato sandwich that keeps calling my name to devour it.

That's what I thought. Wow, every time I order out a BLT, I have to tell them not to scrimp on the bacon. I'm not paying for lettuce and tomato, so put a decent amount on. Usually they charge extra.

Gonna try one there.
Back to top Go down
John



Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   5/27/2011, 7:34 am

I think the Anchor Inn is in the old White Insurance Company building.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Flatrock lawsuit?   

Back to top Go down
 
Flatrock lawsuit?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: