Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Updates

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
paul87920

paul87920

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/17/2008, 7:40 am

I thought I'd share a little of what I've been up to since I haven't been around and I hope others will let me know what's been up in their lives.

Last July I got a job working at Opportunity Enterprises in Valparaiso as a direct support professional where I basically help the mentally retarded live independently. I also had a close relative pass away. So it was a busy semester. I didn't do my radio show this semester. I'm looking to do it again this spring. For a little more of an update on me. I've finally decided on what I'm doing in school. I'm a Public Relations and Geography double major with a minor in Television/Radio. I'm a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) which took up a ton of my leftover time. Within the coming months PRSSA has me doing public relations for local mystery author Kate Collins through our student-run PR agency. This spring I'm interning at Porter County Convention, Recreation, and Visitor Commission in the public relations department. As a resut I will be working extensively with National Geographic. They are coming out to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (IDNL) this May to conduct their annual BioBlitz which is a 24 hour inventory of the species of the IDNL. In collaboration a BioDiversity festival is being put on featuring live music, live animal demonstrations, noted scientists, exhibitions, and science and nature-themed activities for all ages. Unfortunately that being said once Christmas break is over chances are you'll be seeing much less of me.

So I want to know. What's everyone else been up to?
Back to top Go down

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/17/2008, 10:53 am

Hey Paul, looking forward to taking a nap in the new union?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/17/2008, 9:38 pm

sorry for your loss paul

as for your major choice. smart!. pr is definately more viable career wise then radio right now! and with a pr background you can always get into radio or tv later if an opportunity arises.

also kudos on the job. i know its earned money, but helping those who are most vulnerable is a profession i think we can all admire. and i can imagine the patience required to do it well.

as for me. not much really new. im a little lower profile in the city currently as with my job in the street dept. requiring me to get up daily at 4 am, im not really much to go on the political dinner circuit lately. my nieces and nephew are getting a bit older and demanding more of my time. i missed the city christmas party last week because i was stuck shopping with my niece lol (werent you the one who loved to shop? anyway we had fun). my mom has been ailing a bit (although not to serious), so that takes a bit of attention as well.

but its all good. they're great kids and i figure my mom has earned some extra help after all these years. besides someday i expect ill need my nieces and nephew too!
Back to top Go down

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/22/2008, 9:50 am

Speaking of member updates whatever happened to Kerri?

I took a quick look at the Times board and it looks like someone's been still busily deleting posts so far back that Kerri is showing as the last poster on a few boards. Then it dawned on me she kinda vanished some time ago.

Anyone know if she's OK or just not posting?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/22/2008, 6:09 pm

Mike: Napping in the new Union is going to be awesome. I fall asleep all over campus on long days. My favorite place though is by the fireplace in Mueller (Christ College)

Oracle: Congrats on the job and I hope your mom gets well soon.

Mirage: I haven't heard from Kerri since months before the Times forum went to hell. I'll sign in and send her a message though just to see. Maybe if she get's e-mail updates she'll check it.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/22/2008, 8:37 pm

So I followed through (since the website is pretty much out there now) and sent invites to the following former members.

aircop, citizen, currentevents, face, firefly, Forest Ave. Gump, kerri, mtwosix, Myrddin, Scorpion, Texas Pioneer, and WhitingLiberal
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/22/2008, 8:38 pm

Ooops looks like we already have you here face.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/23/2008, 7:30 am

paul87920 wrote:
So I followed through (since the website is pretty much out there now) and sent invites to the following former members.

aircop, citizen, currentevents, face, firefly, Forest Ave. Gump, kerri, mtwosix, Myrddin, Scorpion, Texas Pioneer, and WhitingLiberal
I sent invitations to Edge and Deelight. I am also hoping Heretic joins us.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/25/2008, 1:06 pm

paul87920 wrote:

Thanks Paul, yea I got the invite from Herman. I will be on here more often now.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/25/2008, 1:09 pm

Face wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

Thanks Paul, yea I got the invite from Herman. I will be on here more often now.

Awesome!! Good to see ya.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/25/2008, 4:12 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have to say...I was pleasantly surprised to find a "lounge" forum here.
Wish we could find kerri. I sure could use a margarita.

It's nice to see familiar names posting again Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/25/2008, 9:03 pm

WhitingLib wrote:

Hey Whiting!

Margaritas and Brownies..mmmmmmm Wink
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty12/25/2008, 9:23 pm

WhitingLib wrote:

Merry Christmas Lib
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Member Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Updates   Member Updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Updates
Page 1 of 1