Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The TIC

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1952

PostSubject: The TIC   7/27/2018, 1:27 pm

Just wanted to start a thread about what's happening to our democracy. I'll start with this and we'll see where it goes....



Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3158

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   7/30/2018, 10:50 am

I remain concerned about the integrity of our elections beyond the GOP's feigned concern over IDs.  Russia continues to do their thing with no interference from this Administration.  We're 100 days out and it's not looking good, especially if that hack shuts down the government.

My worry is that Trump, who's spent years laying the groundwork, will use Russia's "voter fraud" to just invalidate the election.  Or Putin will hack something and make it laughably obvious, essentially forcing him to.  

And there's the concentration camps.  And the constant obstruction of the Mueller investigation by just about everyone in the GOP.  Environmental protection rollbacks and unmitigated global warming.  

It's a fucking conservative paradise.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3158

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   7/30/2018, 5:28 pm

Also crime will soon be a thing of the past, because reasons.  And I'm sure Session's new religious liberty task force will ensure that bigotry flourishes, because true freedom means bigotry and discrimination.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3158

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   7/30/2018, 7:37 pm





Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1952

PostSubject: 40% of Republicans say Russia election meddling isn't a big deal: Survey   7/31/2018, 2:02 pm

Truly disturbing...

40% of Republicans say Russia election meddling isn't a big deal: Survey



Quote :
A Yahoo Finance/Survey Monkey poll finds 11% of Republicans say it would be appropriate for Russia to intervene in the upcoming U.S. elections on behalf of Trump and Republicans, and 29% say it would not be appropriate, but it wouldn't be a big deal. Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith, Rick Newman and Dion Rabouin discuss.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/40-republicans-russia-election-meddling-170415658.html
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   7/31/2018, 3:41 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Truly disturbing...

40% of Republicans say Russia election meddling isn't a big deal: Survey



Quote :
A Yahoo Finance/Survey Monkey poll finds 11% of Republicans say it would be appropriate for Russia to intervene in the upcoming U.S. elections on behalf of Trump and Republicans, and 29% say it would not be appropriate, but it wouldn't be a big deal. Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith, Rick Newman and Dion Rabouin discuss.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/40-republicans-russia-election-meddling-170415658.html


A poll?
Wasn't it a collection of 'polls' that had Hillary winning the 2016 election damn near uncontested?
Funny.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1952

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   7/31/2018, 5:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Truly disturbing...

40% of Republicans say Russia election meddling isn't a big deal: Survey



Quote :
A Yahoo Finance/Survey Monkey poll finds 11% of Republicans say it would be appropriate for Russia to intervene in the upcoming U.S. elections on behalf of Trump and Republicans, and 29% say it would not be appropriate, but it wouldn't be a big deal. Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith, Rick Newman and Dion Rabouin discuss.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/40-republicans-russia-election-meddling-170415658.html


A poll?
Wasn't it a collection of 'polls' that had Hillary winning the 2016 election damn near uncontested?
Funny.

No, I don't think that there were any polls, let alone a collection of them, that predicted a "damn near uncontested" win.

The only question here is how can anyone, let alone 40% of Republicans, believe that it's "no big deal" if Russia interferes with the midterms?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/1/2018, 4:33 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Truly disturbing...

40% of Republicans say Russia election meddling isn't a big deal: Survey



Quote :
A Yahoo Finance/Survey Monkey poll finds 11% of Republicans say it would be appropriate for Russia to intervene in the upcoming U.S. elections on behalf of Trump and Republicans, and 29% say it would not be appropriate, but it wouldn't be a big deal. Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith, Rick Newman and Dion Rabouin discuss.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/40-republicans-russia-election-meddling-170415658.html


A poll?
Wasn't it a collection of 'polls' that had Hillary winning the 2016 election damn near uncontested?
Funny.


I had assumed people would have understood that the "damn near uncontested" comment was clearly exaggeration on my part, but ....   Rolling Eyes



Scorpion wrote:
The only question here is how can anyone, let alone 40% of Republicans, believe that it's "no big deal" if Russia interferes with the midterms?

No, that's not the only question here. There is also another question here:
Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?







Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3158

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/1/2018, 11:14 am

Scorpion wrote:
The only question here is how can anyone, let alone 40% of Republicans, believe that it's "no big deal" if Russia interferes with the midterms?

Because they helped their guy win.  That's all they care about, and they're hoping it'll happen again.  It's just the voter ID and purge gone fucking pro, rendered them moot. Republicans don't fucking care. They've never cared about honest elections.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3158

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/1/2018, 11:21 am

Remember, these are the same individuals who believe the President when he says the Mueller investigation is a Democratic witch hunt.

Trump Calls on Sessions to ‘Stop the Rigged Witch Hunt Right Now’

Quote :
President Trump called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday to end the special counsel investigation, an extraordinary appeal to the nation’s top law enforcement official to end an inquiry directly into the president.



Mr. Trump’s lawyers quickly elaborated on the president’s message, saying it was not an order to a member of his cabinet, but merely an opinion.

They take their marching orders from Fox News the same way the President does.

Should interesting, as David Frum explained:

Quote :
Either 1) we're at the Mueller investigation crisis point or 2) we're about to witness a federal cabinet officer ignoring a written & published directive from the president on grounds "Oh, the president just says things, none of us pay attention, he's not really in charge"
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/1/2018, 1:16 pm

Heretic wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
The only question here is how can anyone, let alone 40% of Republicans, believe that it's "no big deal" if Russia interferes with the midterms?

Because they helped their guy win.  That's all they care about, and they're hoping it'll happen again.  It's just the voter ID and purge gone fucking pro, rendered them moot.  Republicans don't fucking care.  They've never cared about honest elections.

If you are gullible enough to believe in poll results, then I can understand why you would believe that.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1952

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/1/2018, 2:20 pm

happy jack wrote:

No, that's not the only question here. There is also another question here:
Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?

Yeah. Well I've seen no evidence that "polls in general" are shots in the dark... None at all... and this isn't "my" poll. I'm simply pointing out that, in my opinion, it's really troubling that these republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/2/2018, 4:31 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

No, that's not the only question here. There is also another question here:
Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?

Yeah. Well I've seen no evidence that "polls in general" are shots in the dark... None at all... and this isn't "my" poll.  I'm simply pointing out that, in my opinion,  it's really troubling that these republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms.


And I'm simply pointing out that your claim that 'republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms' has every bit as much credibility as the poll I've cited below.
Correct?




https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/polls.html



Latest Election Polls 2016
Updated November 8, 2016
Updated daily as new polls are published. Sign up for updates See Senate polls →
National Polling Average
Including Gary Johnson

Hillary Clinton
45.9%

Donald J. Trump
42.8%
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/2/2018, 7:41 am

Trump Worshiper wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

No, that's not the only question here. There is also another question here:
Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?

Yeah. Well I've seen no evidence that "polls in general" are shots in the dark... None at all... and this isn't "my" poll.  I'm simply pointing out that, in my opinion,  it's really troubling that these republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms.


And I'm simply pointing out that your claim that 'republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms' has every bit as much credibility as the poll I've cited below.
Correct?


https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/polls.html

Latest Election Polls 2016
Updated November 8, 2016
Updated daily as new polls are published. Sign up for updates See Senate polls →
National Polling Average
Including Gary Johnson

Hillary Clinton
45.9%

Donald J. Trump
42.8%

Clinton
48.5%
65,853,516

Trump
46.4%
62,984,825
https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results

Turns out that the polls were pretty accurate only being off by 1% point.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/2/2018, 8:36 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Trump Worshiper wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

No, that's not the only question here. There is also another question here:
Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?

Yeah. Well I've seen no evidence that "polls in general" are shots in the dark... None at all... and this isn't "my" poll.  I'm simply pointing out that, in my opinion,  it's really troubling that these republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms.


And I'm simply pointing out that your claim that 'republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms' has every bit as much credibility as the poll I've cited below.
Correct?


https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/polls.html

Latest Election Polls 2016
Updated November 8, 2016
Updated daily as new polls are published. Sign up for updates See Senate polls →
National Polling Average
Including Gary Johnson

Hillary Clinton
45.9%

Donald J. Trump
42.8%

Clinton
48.5%
65,853,516

Trump
46.4%
62,984,825
https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results

Turns out that the polls were pretty accurate only being off by 1% point.

Oh, yes - the polls were quite accurate; the poll you cited was off by only 1% (based upon your mathematical prowess, anyway), and the poll I cited was off by only about 3%.
So, which one was correct?
How about neither?
Tell me - who is sitting in the White House, and who is sitting in her own house, weeping?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3158

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/2/2018, 12:24 pm

happy jack wrote:
How about neither?

False.  Both were in the acceptable margin of error of such statistical predictions and correctly predicted the popular vote, not the electoral college.

So, if your point is that polls are bunk, especially the one cited by Scorpion, you've failed. If your point is that Republicans do actually care about Russian interference in the midterms, you've offered no evidence to support it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/2/2018, 12:53 pm

Trump Worshiping Jackass wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Trump Worshiper wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Trump Worshiper wrote:

No, that's not the only question here. There is also another question here:
Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?

Yeah. Well I've seen no evidence that "polls in general" are shots in the dark... None at all... and this isn't "my" poll.  I'm simply pointing out that, in my opinion,  it's really troubling that these republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms.


And I'm simply pointing out that your claim that 'republicans believe that it's "no big deal" to have Russia interfering in the midterms' has every bit as much credibility as the poll I've cited below.
Correct?


https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/polls.html

Latest Election Polls 2016
Updated November 8, 2016
Updated daily as new polls are published. Sign up for updates See Senate polls →
National Polling Average
Including Gary Johnson

Hillary Clinton
45.9%

Donald J. Trump
42.8%

Clinton
48.5%
65,853,516

Trump
46.4%
62,984,825
https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results

Turns out that the polls were pretty accurate only being off by 1% point.

Oh, yes - the polls were quite accurate; the poll you cited was off by only 1% (based upon your mathematical prowess, anyway), and the poll I cited was off by only about 3%.
So, which one was correct?
How about neither?
[/b]

How about you stop showing off your ignorance when it comes to statistical analysis? Once again you've managed to make a fool of yourself while providing significant amusement for me. Thanks cyclops[/b]
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/2/2018, 4:16 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
How about neither?

False.  Both were in the acceptable margin of error of such statistical predictions and correctly predicted the popular vote, not the electoral college.



If Russians successfully interfered with the election to put Trump in the White House, then they were pretty inept, wouldn't you say? How in the hell did she win the popular vote?



Heretic wrote:
   So, if your point is that polls are bunk, especially the one cited by Scorpion, you've failed.  If your point is that Republicans do actually care about Russian interference in the midterms, you've offered no evidence to support it.

I have never once claimed that any given percentage of Republicans either care or don't care about Russian interference, so I have neither a reason nor an obligation to offer supporting evidence. It is up to Scorpion to offer evidence (other than one sketchy poll) to that effect.
He is the one making the claim, not I.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/2/2018, 5:18 pm

Trump Worshiper wrote:

I have never once claimed that any given percentage of Republicans either care or don't care about Russian interference, so I have neither a reason nor an obligation to offer supporting evidence. It is up to Scorpion to offer evidence (other than one sketchy poll) to that effect.
He is the one making the claim, not I.[/b]
Scorpion presented a poll which you immediately blew off as polls are "shots in the dark" without presenting a shred of evidence to prove your accusation. We have since proven that polls are generally accurate. Please offer some proof as to why that poll isn't accurate?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3158

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/3/2018, 12:51 am

happy jack wrote:
...other than one sketchy poll...

I wrote:
So, if your point is that polls are bunk, especially the one cited by Scorpion, you've failed.

It's clear you believe the poll is inaccurate and unreliable.  So let's discuss Scorp's topic.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/3/2018, 4:21 am

Artchel 60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I have never once claimed that any given percentage of Republicans either care or don't care about Russian interference, so I have neither a reason nor an obligation to offer supporting evidence. It is up to Scorpion to offer evidence (other than one sketchy poll) to that effect.
He is the one making the claim, not I.[/b]
Scorpion presented a poll which you immediately blew off as polls are "shots in the dark" without presenting a shred of evidence to prove your accusation. We have since proven that polls are generally accurate. Please offer some proof as to why that poll isn't accurate?

Seeing as how I made no claim one way or the other, I have no obligation to offer proof of anything.
A poll may give you any results you want, depending on who your sample group is comprised of, and depending on how your question is phrased.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/3/2018, 4:27 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
...other than one sketchy poll...

I wrote:
So, if your point is that polls are bunk, especially the one cited by Scorpion, you've failed.

It's clear you believe the poll is inaccurate and unreliable.  So let's discuss Scorp's topic.

I thought that I was discussing the topic when I axed you this: If the Russians interfered with the election in order to slant it in Trump's favor, how did Hillary win the popular vote?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/3/2018, 6:52 am

Trump Worshiper wrote:
Artie Wins Again wrote:
Ignorant Trumpkin wrote:

I have never once claimed that any given percentage of Republicans either care or don't care about Russian interference, so I have neither a reason nor an obligation to offer supporting evidence. It is up to Scorpion to offer evidence (other than one sketchy poll) to that effect.
He is the one making the claim, not I.[/b]
Scorpion presented a poll which you immediately blew off as polls are "shots in the dark" without presenting a shred of evidence to prove your accusation. We have since proven that polls are generally accurate. Please offer some proof as to why that poll isn't accurate?

Seeing as how I made no claim one way or the other, I have no obligation to offer proof of anything.

You claimed

Trump Worshiper wrote:
"Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?"

"Abundantly clear"? Please provide evidence to back up that idiotic claim or admit that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 6409

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/3/2018, 8:22 am

Artchel 60438 wrote:
 
happy jack wrote:
"Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?"

"Abundantly clear"? Please provide evidence to back up that idiotic claim or admit that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.



How many polls prior to the election had Hillary on top?
Who is in the White House?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: The TIC   8/3/2018, 4:33 pm

Trump Worshiping Troll wrote:
Artie Makes a Fool of the house troll Again wrote:
 
Trump Worshiping Troll wrote:
"Why should anyone put any credence in your poll when it is abundantly clear that the results of polls in general are shots in the dark?"

"Abundantly clear"? Please provide evidence to back up that idiotic claim or admit that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
How many polls prior to the election had Hillary on top?
Many,but they're irrelevant. Only the last ones prior to the election can actually be compared to a final result and We've proven that they were correct. So once again you've offered no evidence to back up your lie. Typical!

Trump Worshiping Weasel wrote:
Who is in the White House?
A traitorous criminal that gets his marching orders from Vladimir Putin.


Attempting to have a statistical discussion with an idiot like yourself whose math prowess probably ended at multiplication tables is a waste of mine and everyone else s time. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The TIC   

Back to top Go down
 
The TIC
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: