Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 It's up to you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should We Shut Down This Forum?
Yes
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No
67%
 67% [ 2 ]
Yes, But Preserve Current Posts (Freeze the Board)
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3
 

AuthorMessage
Admin



Posts : 3925

PostSubject: It's up to you   5/17/2017, 3:36 pm

It's become clear that this Discussion Board is not being utilized.  Please give your opinion on how you think we should proceed going forward.

The only reason that I took over the admin of this board a couple years ago was to prevent yet another Forum from shutting down on the posters without notice.  If nobody is interested in keeping it alive, I can either freeze the board or kill it outright.

Please let me know your thoughts...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5953

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   5/17/2017, 3:50 pm

Admin wrote:
It's become clear that this Discussion Board is not being utilized.  Please give your opinion on how you think we should proceed going forward.

The only reason that I took over the admin of this board a couple years ago was to prevent yet another Forum from shutting down on the posters without notice.  If nobody is interested in keeping it alive, I can either freeze the board or kill it outright.

Please let me know your thoughts...

It’s been only 6 months since the presidential election. Although I’ve never before seen a collective liberal tantrum last this long, I would suggest giving them a few more months before doing away with this forum.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3092

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   5/18/2017, 9:34 am

Leave it up. Happy enjoys the masturbation. I've found more productive discussions elsewhere. Ones that don't involve such a less intelligent and more dishonest version of Kellyanne Conway.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5953

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   5/19/2017, 9:28 am

Heretic wrote:
I've found more productive discussions elsewhere.  

Of course you have – ones, I'm presuming, in which everyone agrees with you, tells you that you are even more brilliant than even you think you are, and where no dissent is allowed.
Enjoy!!!!




Heretic wrote:
Ones that don't involve such a less intelligent and more dishonest version of Kellyanne Conway.  

Not quite sure why you are comparing me to Kellyanne Conway, inasmuch as I have, to the best of my recall, never endorsed, promoted, campaigned, or advocated for Trump. Moreover, I do not recall ever saying anything complimentary about him, nor did I vote for him in either the primary or the general election.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1887

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   6/3/2017, 12:08 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
I've found more productive discussions elsewhere.  

Of course you have – ones, I'm presuming, in which everyone agrees with you, tells you that you are even more brilliant than even you think you are, and where no dissent is allowed.
Enjoy!!!!

It's probably more about finding a venue where issues can actually be discussed. That sure as hell is not happening here. There is nothing happening here.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5953

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   6/4/2017, 9:34 am

No, nothing is happening here, nor has anything been happening.since the election. Apparently, the slabs of vaginal meat who used to post here cannot handle the fact that Hillary had her pantsuit-ensconced ass handed to her, and it's clearly no fun for them to post when they're not in power.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1887

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   6/10/2017, 6:19 pm

happy jack wrote:



Heretic wrote:
Ones that don't involve such a less intelligent and more dishonest version of Kellyanne Conway.  

Not quite sure why you are comparing me to Kellyanne Conway, inasmuch as I have, to the best of my recall, never endorsed, promoted, campaigned, or advocated for Trump. Moreover, I do not recall ever saying anything complimentary about him, nor did I vote for him in either the primary or the general election.

Really?  Why the hell didn't you admit this when we were discussing that here?

http://nofree.forumotion.com/t18655p75-president-donald-trump#54158
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5953

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   6/12/2017, 4:56 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:



Heretic wrote:
Ones that don't involve such a less intelligent and more dishonest version of Kellyanne Conway.  

Not quite sure why you are comparing me to Kellyanne Conway, inasmuch as I have, to the best of my recall, never endorsed, promoted, campaigned, or advocated for Trump. Moreover, I do not recall ever saying anything complimentary about him, nor did I vote for him in either the primary or the general election[/b].

Really?  Why the hell didn't you admit this when we were discussing that here?

http://nofree.forumotion.com/t18655p75-president-donald-trump#54158

I’m not sure what “here” means, as your link takes me directly to my post concerning Kathy Griffin.

Regardless, I don’t see that it was in any way incumbent upon me to “admit” anything at all, seeing that I said in my above quote: “ …. inasmuch as I have, to the best of my recall, never endorsed, promoted, campaigned, or advocated for Trump. Moreover, I do not recall ever saying anything complimentary about him, nor did I vote for him in either the primary or the general election.”

What, exactly, are you expecting me to “admit” to, seeing as I had never given any indication that I was a Trump supporter?

Obviously, you reflexively assumed (based upon nothing at all) that I voted for him.

Doubtless, you are familiar with the cliché: When you assume, you make an ‘ASS’ out of ‘U’ and ‘ME’.

However, that cliché needs some revision because, clearly, in this case, ‘U’ simply made an ‘ASS’ out of ‘U’rself.

Furthermore, if anyone should have to “admit” he didn’t vote for Trump, it should be you. After all, you were the one who said this:




Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Seriously, though... platforms are supposedly based upon promises and trust, but in reality, a platform isn't binding.  It's more of a gesture.  

It's already difficult for the liberal wing of the party to trust Hillary, and the choice of Kaine was a slap in the face.  Apparently, Clinton decided that she doesn't need the votes of many of the liberals (including me) in the party... she thinks that she can beat Trump without us...  
I would hope that you will be voting for Hillary if the race is competitive in Indiana. Will you?

No, I don't think I will.

But, I have to give credit where it is due: you at least have demonstrated that you possess the wherewithal to post following your election implosion, unlike Artie and edge, who are still grieving Hillary’s loss, and are unable to type while giving each other consolatory hand jobs.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1887

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   6/13/2017, 12:43 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:



Heretic wrote:
Ones that don't involve such a less intelligent and more dishonest version of Kellyanne Conway.  

Not quite sure why you are comparing me to Kellyanne Conway, inasmuch as I have, to the best of my recall, never endorsed, promoted, campaigned, or advocated for Trump. Moreover, I do not recall ever saying anything complimentary about him, nor did I vote for him in either the primary or the general election[/b].

Really?  Why the hell didn't you admit this when we were discussing that here?

http://nofree.forumotion.com/t18655p75-president-donald-trump#54158

I’m not sure what “here” means, as your link takes me directly to my post concerning Kathy Griffin.

Regardless, I don’t see that it was in any way incumbent upon me to “admit” anything at all, seeing that I said in my above quote: “ …. inasmuch as I have, to the best of my recall, never endorsed, promoted, campaigned, or advocated for Trump. Moreover, I do not recall ever saying anything complimentary about him, nor did I vote for him in either the primary or the general election.”

What, exactly, are you expecting me to “admit” to, seeing as I had never given any indication that I was a Trump supporter?

Obviously, you reflexively assumed (based upon nothing at all) that I voted for him.

Furthermore, if anyone should have to “admit” he didn’t vote for Trump, it should be you. After all, you were the one who said this:


Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Seriously, though... platforms are supposedly based upon promises and trust, but in reality, a platform isn't binding.  It's more of a gesture.  

It's already difficult for the liberal wing of the party to trust Hillary, and the choice of Kaine was a slap in the face.  Apparently, Clinton decided that she doesn't need the votes of many of the liberals (including me) in the party... she thinks that she can beat Trump without us...  
I would hope that you will be voting for Hillary if the race is competitive in Indiana. Will you?

No, I don't think I will.


Yeah. Well sorry I didn't link to the actual posts involved.  I thought that you might remember the "complicity" exchange... Here's part of it....

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/opinion/does-racism-explain-donald-trumps-victory.html?ref=opinion


And if you wrote, or agree with, this letter, you are a delusional asshole.

Scorpion wrote:
Wow.  Feeling "triggered," Jack?  

I picked out a couple of statements from the letter that I do agree with...

Quote :
You are responsible for and complicit in everything this narcissistic, self-serving, authoritarian, willfully ignorant demagogue does.

Yes, your motives in voting for Mr. Trump may have been beyond reproach, but, nevertheless, you are complicit. Now, you have to live with your complicity.

Nothing wrong with those two statements. That's just the way it is when you choose to vote for a candidate for President, don't you think?  Of course, I suppose that you can object later if your choice does something that you don't like.  But you can't just wash your hands and absolve yourself of any responsibility for what he does... because after all, you voted for him.


I went on to ask why you were backing away from Trump before he even took office, despite the fact that you voted for him.  You made no attempt to correct me.  If you say that you didn't vote for him, fine.  I just think that you should have said something when the matter was being directly addressed, that's all.

I also indicated that I was going to (grudgingly) vote for Clinton (just before election day)...

Scorpion wrote:
Ran across this great Op-Ed. Just thought that I'd share...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/11/04/america-descent-into-banana-republican-ism/Zot4mxyKBmx7G61ia4chVI/story.html

Some excerpts...

Quote :
Quite simply, agents of the country’s most powerful law enforcement agency — including its director — appear to be putting their collective fingers on the scale to help Donald Trump get elected president. This is an unprecedented politicization of the FBI.

We know, according to US intelligence agencies, that the Russian government is actively seeking to interfere in a US presidential election. Astoundingly, they are being cheered along by the Republican party and its presidential nominee, both of whom are using e-mails hacked by the Russian government and leaked by WikiLeaks to attack Clinton.

Just imagine for a second what were to happen if Trump were to win, in part, because of the involvement of a foreign government hostile to the United States and the FBI’s direct meddling in a US presidential election? How would Americans, particularly Democratic voters, retain any confidence in the nation’s governing institutions and its political leaders if Trump were to become president under these circumstances? For all the talk about an allegedly rigged election, this would be the ultimate example.

And what if Clinton wins? Democracy is likely to find itself under continued assault. Republicans in the Senate are now making clear that they have no intention of even allowing a vote on a Supreme Court justice pick made by Hillary Clinton. The GOP has gone from saying they won’t allow a vote on Merrick Garland before this election to saying they won’t fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court until a Republican is in the White House. Some Republicans are floating the idea of impeaching Clinton before she’s even been elected president. Others are talking about trying her for treason and executing her. These are stunning, never before seen attacks on our democracy.


Dark times. The GOP is officially out of control. I'm voting for Hillary, despite my misgivings. But I don't see election day as the end. I see electing a Democratic President as the beginning of the fight to take back our nation from dangerous Republican extremists who don't give a damn about our country. Power seems to be all that matters to them... and that sure as hell is not what our country is supposed to be about.

You're incorrect if you think that everyone is absent from here because of some kind of "depression" or whatever...  The drop-off in participation began well before the election.

We have had many opportunities to discuss tons of stuff on this forum, but there's been nary a peep from anyone.  If you want to believe that's because "liberals are pussies" or whatever, fine... that's your perogative.  Frankly, I just don't give a damn.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5953

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   6/14/2017, 10:09 am

Scorpion wrote:
 
You're incorrect if you think that everyone is absent from here because of some kind of "depression" or whatever...  The drop-off in participation began well before the election.

We have had many opportunities to discuss tons of stuff on this forum, but there's been nary a peep from anyone.  If you want to believe that's because "liberals are pussies" or whatever, fine... that's your perogative.  Frankly, I just don't give a damn.



Maybe not depression - just sore losers.
If it's not hanging chads, then it's Teresa Heinz-Kerry's Diebold Mother Machine conspiracy. If it's not Teresa Heinz-Kerry's Diebold Mother Machine conspiracy, then it's Russian hacking.
With liberals, the excuses never end.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1887

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   6/14/2017, 2:22 pm

It's not about "excuses" ... If you believe that, I think that you're missing the point.  There is no question that Russia interfered with our election process.  It's simply not acceptable that a foreign power should be allowed to meddle in an election in our country... especially via hacking.  The fact that the interference had no impact on the result (this time) is immaterial.  I'm sure that you can find some crazies who think that Russia (or even Comey) cost Clinton the election, but that's not really a debate that is worthy of discussion.

The problem that we face now is that we have a profoundly troubling individual running the country.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5953

PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   7/2/2017, 7:14 pm

Trump posts cartoonish video of him body-slamming an imaginary CNN - world ends!!!!
Liberals have become way beyond desperate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: It's up to you   

Back to top Go down
 
It's up to you
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: