Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Missouri

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/10/2015, 9:15 am

Unbelievable.
Shame on the university for caving in to these whiny assholes.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426818/tim-wolfe-resignation-mizzou

The Mizzou Meltdown

by RICH LOWRY November 10, 2015 12:00 AM @RICHLOWRY

It was doubtful that the University of Missouri would stand up to a left-wing pressure campaign targeting its president, but when the football team joined the campaign, it was all over.  Missouri is an SEC school, where even a mediocre football program — Mizzou is 1-5 against the rest of the conference — has formidable financial and cultural power. If anyone running the university had any guts, the school would have told the team, “Come back and talk to us when you can beat sad-sack Vanderbilt, or at least score more than three points against them.” Given the team’s performance, the proper rejoinder to its threatened boycott should have been, “How would anyone notice?” Instead, Tim Wolfe, the president of the University of Missouri system, is out in one of the most parodic PC meltdowns on a college campus to date. The Missouri episode shows how the political climate on campus falls somewhere between a Tom Wolfe novel, a Monty Python skit, and the French Terror. A reasonable person will find it difficult to identify what Tim Wolfe stood accused of. The fact of the matter is that Missouri’s social-justice warriors forced him out simply because they could. There were a few alleged racial incidents on campus, all involving racial slurs or symbols, including one where a drunken student verbally harassed a group of black students (he has been removed from campus, pending disciplinary procedures). Even if Missouri had a president straight out of an episode of Portlandia — the show lampooning exquisite progressive sensibilities — it would be beyond his power to prevent all rudeness on campus, especially drunken rudeness. Nonetheless, the administration in general and Tim Wolfe in particular were held responsible. The list of supposed offenses was long (and very vague. The Missouri Student Association complained that there wasn’t enough hand-holding after Michael Brown was shot and killed in Ferguson (when he attacked a police officer, but that’s always left out). “In the following months,” a statement whined, “our students were left stranded, forced to face an increase in tension and inequality with no systemic support.” Once the grievance machinery got going, there was no right way for Tim Wolfe to respond. To read the association’s indictment, you’d think that the University of Missouri exists in a small enclave of Klan-dominated, Reconstruction-era Mississippi: “The academic careers of our students are suffering. The mental health of our campus is under constant attack. Our students are being ignored. We have asked the University to create spaces of healing and it failed to do so.” This is the insatiable voice of children who object at the insufficiency of their coddling. In another outrage, no one powders the bottoms of Mizzou students after they go potty. Once the grievance machinery got going, there was no right way for Tim Wolfe to respond. When he ignored protesters at the school’s homecoming parade, he had to grovel and ask for forgiveness: “I am sorry, and my apology is long overdue.” When he tried to engage protesters at another event, they asked him what “systematic oppression” means and, when he ventured an answer, screeched at him that he was blaming blacks for their own oppression.  An activist group came up with a list of demands. The first was that Wolfe write “a handwritten apology” to be read aloud at a press conference, and that it “must acknowledge his white male privilege.” The second demand was that he be fired. So they were merely demanding a rote confession of guilt before execution, a nice totalitarian touch. Wolfe is lucky he got away with merely quitting, without having to agree to go through an arduous program of re-education. After decades of mockery, political correctness is stronger than ever on campus and has to strike fear into the hearts of every professor and administrator, who are potential victims no matter how much they kowtow to the children. It is an ongoing cultural revolution, and common sense and rationality are its natural enemies.

Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/10/2015, 6:18 pm

Quote :
"The list of supposed offenses.... "

Wow.
Good to see conservative jackasses sanctioning and defending racism in this day and age.

What's Going On At The University Of Missouri? All Your Questions, Answered

What incidents, exactly?

On Sept. 12, Missouri Student Association president Payton Head was repeatedly called “nigger” as he walked through campus. On Oct. 5, the Legion of Black Collegians (the university’s black student government) were subjected to racial slurs in Traditions Plaza. On Oct. 10, seeking to draw more attention to an increasingly tense environment, the Concerned Student 1950 group stopped the car Wolfe was traveling in for the Homecoming parade and blocked the street for about 15 minutes. The protest was broken up by police. Oct. 24 brought what has widely been depicted as the breaking point: a swastika made of shit was drawn on the wall of a university dorm.

Those are the big points, according to the Columbia Missourian, but more stories of racism are not hard to find. Journalism professor Dr. Cynthia Frisby recently told NPR about how she was approached by a white man in a truck with a confederate flag on it who called her the n-word and gave her the finger. Journalism student Alexis G. Ditaway also shared an account of being followed by a group of men who recorded a Snapchat of her and a friend after saying to her “You’re a nigger.” Matt Pearce of the Los Angeles Times found more students who have experienced gutter racism while on campus:

Several black students have said some white students use the n-word or otherwise discriminated against them.

[Ayanna] Poole recalled how she was kicked out of a fraternity party her freshman year after a man used the n-word and said, “All you ... girls have to leave.”

http://deadspin.com/whats-going-on-at-the-university-of-missouri-all-your-1741447807

A History of Racism at the University of Missouri

Timothy Wolfe’s resignation on Monday from the presidency of the University of Missouri system will not resolve the racial tensions that forced him from office. His tone-deaf style certainly inflamed the problem at the flagship campus in Columbia. But racist acts and utterances aimed at black students and black faculty have been an issue there for many years.
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/11/10/a-history-of-racism-at-the-university-of-missouri/?_r=0
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/11/2015, 9:38 am

Then last month, a swastika was drawn on a residence hall in human excrement.

Virtually everyone, everywhere, has a cell phone capable of capturing images.
Yet, how is it that no one, anywhere, managed to capture an image of this alleged act of outrageous vandalism?
Kinda makes me think that it didn’t actually, you know … happen.

Cynthia Frisby, a journalism professor, crystallized this history in the Missourian newspaper this week. In nearly 18 years at the university, she wrote, “I have been called the n-word too many times to count.” She recalled jogging along a road in May when a white man in a truck flying a Confederate flag stopped, spat at her, called out a racist slur and sped off.

So the university president should be held accountable for the behavior of some clown in a pickup truck (who, by the way, has not been established to have been associated with the university in any way, if the incident actually occurred)?

And passersby in pickup trucks were not the only perpetrators: “I have had a few faculty call me the n-word and treat me with incredible disrespect. Yes, faculty.”

I’m calling immediate bullshit on this one. It is inconceivable that a professional grievance-mongress such as this woman would not have publicly named these alleged faculty racists (if they actually exist anywhere but in her imagination).

BTW, edge: wouldn’t a fecal swastika be right up your alley, something you might hang on your living room wall as a work of ‘art’?

On another note: do you believe that any particular group should be afforded a 'safe place' whenever they demand it, as referenced in the below article?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/aeman-ansari/ethnic-safe-spaces_b_6897176.html

Ethnic Minorities Deserve Safe Spaces Without White People

Posted: 03/18/2015 5:47 pm EDT Updated: 05/18/2015 5:59 am EDT

Last week The Ryersonian reported on an incident that involved two first-year journalism students who were turned away from an event organized by Racialized Students' Collective because they are white. Since then there has been a lot of commentary on the piece and a lot of debate -- a lot of the criticism is valid.
There are two sides to the story: 1) the media has a right to attend public events and report on matters that are in the public interest. The student media needs to cover initiatives that are happening on campus so that we draw attention to them and in turn create awareness (The Ryersonian reported that one student said he was covering the meeting for an assignment). 2) Marginalized groups have a right to claim spaces in the public realm where they can share stories about the discrimination they have faced without judgment and intrusion from anyone else.
I am a person of colour and a journalist and so there are two conflicting voices inside my head. But in this case one voice, that of a person of colour, is louder and my conscience does not allow me to be impartial. I have to take a side.
The organizers of the event, the Racialized Students' Collective, should have done a better job of labelling this event as a safe space on the Ryerson Students' Union online calendar. They should label safe spaces clearly and maybe even host events that educate the public on what they mean. Doing so will help the public and the media have a better understanding of the purpose and value of these spaces.
However, the point to note is not that two white students were asked to leave the event, but rather that this was a safe space and that we as a newsroom, as a campus and as a society are not as knowledgeable as we should be about what these spaces mean.
It's not just important, but it's essential, for marginalized groups to have safe spaces on campus to engage with people who understand what they go through. Though this group is funded by Ryerson's student union, it works to serve a particular group and a particular purpose. Many students at Ryerson have encountered racism in their life that is impossible to forget and many are exposed to discrimination on a daily basis. This group and these sort of events allow people of colour to lay bare their experiences and to collectively combat this societal ailment. These spaces are rare places in the world not controlled by individuals who have power, who have privilege.
These spaces, which are forums where minority groups are protected from mainstream stereotypes and marginalization, are crucial to resistance of oppression and we, as a school and as a society, need to respect them.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/11/2015, 11:39 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/11/10/missouri-u-police-call-us-about-harmful-or-hurtful-speech/

Missouri U. Police: Call us about ‘harmful’ or ‘hurtful speech’

Missouri-University-wide e-mail:
Date: November 10, 2015 at 9:52:16 AM CST
To: MU POLICE
Subject: Reporting Hateful and/or Hurtful Speech
To continue to ensure that the University of Missouri campus remains safe, the MU Police Department (MUPD) is asking individuals who witness incidents of hateful and/or hurtful speech or actions to:
• Call the police immediately at 573-882-7201. (If you are in an emergency situation, dial 911.)
• Give the communications operator a summary of the incident, including location.
• Provide a detailed description of the individual(s) involved.
• Provide a license plate and vehicle descriptions (if appropriate).
• If possible and if it can be done safely, take a photo of the individual(s) with your cell phone.
Delays, including posting information to social media, can often reduce the chances of identifying the responsible parties. While cases of hateful and hurtful speech are not crimes, if the individual(s) identified are students, MU’s Office of Student Conduct can take disciplinary action.

Female student: “Help, there’s a man trying to break into my dorm room!!!!”

MU police dispatcher: "Sorry, but all of our officers are currently involved in a campus-wide manhunt for a guy who referred to someone as ‘Black’ rather than ‘African-American’. We’ll get someone there as soon as possible, but we do have our priorities, you know.”
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/11/2015, 1:09 pm

Well that's nice, more racist assholes crawling out from under the rocks.

University of Missouri police arrest suspect in social media death threats

A 19-year-old white male was arrested by University of Missouri police for posting threats to the racially roiled campus on social media, authorities said.

Hunter M. Park was taken into custody around 1:50 a.m. Wednesday, according to MU police. He was arrested “for making a terrorist threat.”

Police didn’t specify what the threats were, but the campus in Columbia was shaken by anonymous threats directed toward students of color.

“I’m going to stand my ground tomorrow and shoot every black person I see,” read one post on the anonymous message app Yik Yak on Tuesday.

“Some of you are alright,” began another post. “Don’t go to campus tomorrow.”

“We’re waiting for you at the parking lots,” read a third anonymous post. “We will kill you.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2015/11/11/university-of-missouri-police-arrest-suspect-in-social-media-death-threats/

I'm wondering if Rich Lowry will cry and whine about how "free speech" was taken away from this racist jackass.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/11/2015, 1:50 pm

edge540 wrote:
Well that's nice, more racist assholes crawling out from under the rocks.

University of Missouri police arrest suspect in social media death threats

A 19-year-old white male was arrested by University of Missouri police for posting threats to the racially roiled campus on social media, authorities said.

Hunter M. Park was taken into custody around 1:50 a.m. Wednesday, according to MU police. He was arrested “for making a terrorist threat.”

Police didn’t specify what the threats were, but the campus in Columbia was shaken by anonymous threats directed toward students of color.

“I’m going to stand my ground tomorrow and shoot every black person I see,” read one post on the anonymous message app Yik Yak on Tuesday.

“Some of you are alright,” began another post. “Don’t go to campus tomorrow.”

“We’re waiting for you at the parking lots,” read a third anonymous post. “We will kill you.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2015/11/11/university-of-missouri-police-arrest-suspect-in-social-media-death-threats/

I'm wondering if Rich Lowry will cry and whine about how "free speech" was taken away from this racist jackass.

According to Boone County Sheriff’s Department records, Park is from Lake St. Louis, a suburb of St. Louis.

And how, pray tell, edge, should the ousted president of the university have handled something like this in order to get the little shits to stop whining?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/11/2015, 1:58 pm

http://twitchy.com/2015/11/11/mizzous-student-body-president-apologizes-for-scaring-everybody-with-false-kkk-on-campus-rumor-screenshot/

Mizzou’s student body president apologizes for scaring everybody with false KKK on campus rumor [screenshot]

Posted at 6:58 am on November 11, 2015 by Twitchy Staff | 219 Comments

Missouri student body President Payton Head posted that the KKK was on campus, then later said it was all a lie. This is getting so weird.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/higher_education/update-mu-faculty-member-resigns-courtesy-appointment-apologizes-for-photojournalist/article_6e2cedaa-87c7-11e5-ae63-87e5cacea580.html

UPDATE: MU faculty member resigns courtesy appointment, apologizes for photojournalist incident

• WILLIAM SCHMITT

COLUMBIA — MU faculty member Melissa Click and MU staff member Janna Basler have apologized. And Tuesday night, Click resigned her courtesy appointment with the Missouri School of Journalism.
Click teaches mass media in the Communication Department. The School of Journalism is a separate entity.
Click was caught up in an incident Monday between a freelance photographer and protesters near the Concerned Student 1950 camp on Mel Carnahan Quadrangle.
"Yesterday was an historic day at MU — full of emotion and confusion. I have reviewed and reflected upon the video of me that is circulating, and have written this statement to offer both apology and context for my actions," Click, an assistant professor in the Department of Communication, said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon by the College of Arts and Science.
"I have reached out to the journalists involved to offer my sincere apologies and to express regret over my actions. I regret the language and strategies I used, and sincerely apologize to the MU campus community, and journalists at large, for my behavior, and also for the way my actions have shifted attention away from the students’ campaign for justice," the statement said.
"Courtesy appointments with doctoral faculty are basically honorary in nature," Esther Thorson, the journalism school's associate dean for graduate studies, said in an email Wednesday.

This is falling apart even faster than the “Hands up, don’t shoot” hoax.
Jesus H., don’t you people ever get embarrassed?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/11/2015, 6:19 pm

Something just for edge, the Let Freedom Reign resident fecal art critic.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426940/poop-swastika-conceptual-art-triumph

Poop Swastika: A Triumph of Conceptual Art

by STEPHEN L. MILLER November 11, 2015 5:15 PM

Human excrement as art is not a new concept. One of the more famous examples is that of Italian artist Piero Manzoni, who in 1961 preserved his own fecal waste in 90 small tin cans and sold each off, priced by weight based on the value of gold at the time. One of the more recent notable examples of fecal-matter masterpieces is a depiction of Facebook founder and billionaire Mark Zuckerberg, whose portrait was completed in smeared feces by a New York–based street artist going by the name of KATSU. The artwork went on public display earlier this year in New York City and became a viral hit on Internet blogs. Probably the most famous example of using bodily waste to convey a stirring social message and provoke reactionary commentary was that of Piss Christ, Andres Serrano’s notorious photo display of a crucifix soaked in a jar of what was purportedly the artist’s own urine. The now-infamous work drew ire — and in some cases acts of vandalism — from Christian and conservative groups. But the outrage on the right did nothing to lessen — indeed probably only increased — the flow of praise that international critics heaped on Piss Christ, which they lauded as bold and visionary. Among the work’s numerous accolades was an award from the National Endowment for the Arts. The latest example of human waste as art comes in the form of Poop Swastika, which purportedly appeared on display at the University of Missouri campus, in a dormitory restroom. Poop Swastika has caused quite the reaction among students and faculty and provoked controversy enough for major media outlets to pick up the story. Very few details of the work or the artist have emerged, but the mystery has only added to the allure. Was the artist a student on campus? A faculty member? How was the work done? Did the artist use his own fecal matter, or was it an assistant? Why did the artist choose that particular campus or restroom? No one is sure, and the questions are sure to burden art critics for the foreseeable future as they ponder the social ramifications of this master-work.  And as with other cases of body-waste art, Poop Swastika is not without its angry, devoted critics. The artwork drew outrage from social-justice campus-reform groups and even inspired one student to stage a hunger strike. Players from the Missouri football team threatened to boycott over the work; in short order, the threat led to the resignation of the university’s president. Conceptual art — claiming the title of ‘avant-garde’ for nearly a century now — is traditionally meant to disrupt our normal perceptions. Was this the reaction the creator of Poop Swastika was hoping for? Maybe, maybe not. The artist’s motivations remain obscure. Conceptual art — claiming the title of “avant-garde” for nearly a century now — is traditionally meant to disrupt our normal perceptions and the normal order of things in society. Adding to the enigma surrounding the attraction, no photos of this now-revered piece have yet emerged, making both the art world and the media called in to cover Poop Swastika even more curious about the work’s origins and the brave artist who dared challenge prevailing norms. Melissa Click, an assistant professor of communications at the University of Missouri, was so outraged by Poop Swastika, and by related reports of racism on the campus, that she joined student protesters who were calling for the president’s resignation. Not only did Click protest, but she demanded the media be barred from reporting on the protest. Click later issued an apology for her actions and has since resigned, but perhaps we can take a larger lesson on the role of art: Artistic creation cannot and should not always be viewed through a political lens, even if the works elicit a political reaction. What if the artist’s intentions were to explore the role of symbols in the realm of human emotion? The swastika could simply have been a comment on the dangerous representations of trigger warnings and safe spaces — and how the promise of perfect “safety” encourages paranoia and even violence. Perhaps the creator was a student who could not afford a traditional artist’s space and found the blank white walls of the campus-dormitory restroom to be an inviting canvas. The restroom in which Poop Swastika was presented could, in fact, act as a safe space for the artist him or herself, allowing the master’s work to unfold in private without the dangers of the outside world’s interference. Some may find the image of a Nazi symbol painted in fecal matter to be offensive, but we should examine the message that lies beneath the surface of the image, while striving to release our own biases against art. The startling complexion of a brown swastika against a white background certainly seems to recall the motivations behind a crucifix submerged in urine.   Based on the reactions to Poop Swastika on both social and traditional media, the artist is unlikely to come forward and will probably remain a figure shrouded in mystery. A curious public awaits to see whether his or her works will appear again, either at another college campus or perhaps, because of the passions the work has aroused, in a New York City gallery.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/14/2015, 10:53 pm

Missouri Crybullies_ben_garrison
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/15/2015, 7:25 pm

Whine and ye shall receive.

http://news.yahoo.com/3-university-kansas-student-leaders-called-resign-210352703.html

3 University of Kansas student leaders called on to resign

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Racial tensions are growing at the University of Kansas with a call for three top Student Senate leaders to resign and a recent graduate initiating a hunger strike.
The Senate's Student Executive Committee is demanding that Student Body President Jessie Pringle, Student Body Vice President Zach George and Chief of Staff Adam Moon step down by Wednesday and that the full Senate to take up impeachment measures if they refuse to leave, the Lawrence Journal-World (http://bit.ly/1LfUc9v ) reported. The committee registered a 6-3 "no confidence" vote Friday for the three leaders. One member abstained from the vote.
The resignation demand comes after last week's unrest at the University of Missouri and after a forum that University of Kansas Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little moderated on Wednesday, where a student group Rock Chalk Invisible Hawk presented diversity demands, which include hiring a director for the Office of Multicultural Affairs by Dec. 15, mandatory "inclusion and belonging" training for students and faculty and increased diversity in hiring.
Senate vice president Shegufta Huma, who is also member of the committee, told the newspaper that the vote was the result of months of inaction that culminated in the officers' reluctance to support the diversity demands. Pringle and George were singled out, with the committee saying they did not "stand in solidarity with their black peers and proclaim that Black Lives Matter" at Wednesday's forum.
"This is part of a larger pattern and some much bigger issues that (the) Senate has been dealing with in terms of our relationship with marginalized communities at KU," Huma said.
The three leaders released a statement Saturday, saying they plan to continue serving and professing support for minority groups. "Black lives matter. Black lives matter at the University of Kansas," they wrote.
Gray-Little, who is black, said in a message to campus Friday that her administration will begin sharing information "early next week" about how the school will move forward on the issue of racism.
Meanwhile, John Cowan, a white 2014 University of Kansas graduate, began a hunger strike on campus Friday morning in solidarity with KU student group movements. If the activist groups' demands are not met or if a plan of action is not issued by KU, "then I die or go to the hospital," Cowan told the newspaper, echoing the sentiments of a graduate student at the University of Missouri who ended his hunger strike last week after the resignations of University of Missouri System President Tim Wolfe and Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin.
"I'm kind of at an advantage because of my white privilege, so my suffering is self-inflicted," said Cowan. "Others don't have that choice, it's inflicted upon them."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/18/2015, 4:07 pm

Looks like I’m too late for this one, but if anyone on this forum hears of another one coming up, could you let me know?
Thanks in advance!

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7006

Univ. of Vermont holds privilege retreat for students who 'self-identify as white'
The University of Vermont held a three-day retreat so students could confront their “white privilege.”

The University of Vermont held a three-day retreat so students who “self-identify as white” could confront their own “white privilege.”
“Examining White Privilege: A Retreat for Undergraduate Students Who Self-Identify as White” took place last weekend, November 13-15, and was “specifically for white students.”
According to the university, the self-identifying white students who attend the retreat will come to “recognize and understand white privilege from an individual experience” and have the opportunity to “conceptualize and articulate whiteness from a personal and systematic lense as well as the impact of white privilege on the UVM community and beyond.”
The self-identifying white students also tackled tough questions such as “What does it mean to be white?” and “How does whiteness impact you?”
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/19/2015, 3:02 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427293/missouri-campus-riot-communist

The Pink Guards on Campus

by KEVIN D. WILLIAMSON November 19, 2015 4:00 AM @KEVINNR

The rise of the teacup totalitarian. The Red Guards were the terrorist vanguard, mainly teenagers and people in their 20s, who helped Mao Tse-Tung execute the Cultural Revolution. Their first skirmishes were waged against the administrations of Tsinghua University and Peking University, which they accused of being blind to what we may as well go ahead and call “privilege,” though the language of the time was probably closer to “elitism” and “bourgeois” tendencies. They were fond of public-criticism sessions and reeducation programs, and the movement they helped launch would eventually persecute tens of millions of people and murder a million and a half. Among those were 23,000 members of minority groups, beaten to death after being judged insufficiently committed to the prevalent ideas of social justice based on their ethnic background. The idiot children running amok on our college campuses right now aren’t exactly the Red Guards — they’re far too weak and wishy-washy for that. Call them the Pink Guards. The Pink Guards have declared war on freedom of speech, demanding official retribution against those expressing even such innocuous sentiments as “all lives matter.” Indeed, they have declared complaints about the suppression of free speech to be a form of speech that must be suppressed, with students at the University of Missouri, the nation’s 103rd most prestigious institution of higher learning, demanding that students responsible for such counterrevolutionary activities be sent to reeducation camps (“required to attend extensive training for racial and cultural competency”). Protesters at Dartmouth physically assaulted students trying to study in the library and denounced them as “filthy white f***s.” At the University of Missouri, Professor Melissa Click physically assaulted a student journalist filming in a public space, and the university, which is run by feckless cowards, has taken no action against her. The obvious thing that university administrations should be doing — and the one thing they will not do — is to expel these students and take out restraining orders banning them from campus. College campuses are places of learning, and universities have the right to impose reasonable standards of conduct. Whatever you believe “reasonable standards of conduct” to be, surely they exclude criminal assault and the actual disruption of academic activity. If the universities cannot draw even that line in the sand, then the public ones should simply be defunded and shut down as useless. RELATED: Missouri’s Lesson: The Campus Wars Are About Power, Not Justice It isn’t just the universities, of course. In the summer of 2014 Senator Harry Reid led Senate Democrats in voting to repeal the First Amendment so that the power of the state could be used to suppress political speech they find inconvenient, up to and including locking up those who refuse to play by Democrats’ debate rules. In the state of New York, the office of Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is attempting to prosecute Exxon for believing and saying the wrong things about global warming, and for providing financial support to groups that oppose policies such as the Kyoto protocols. That is part of a long campaign by the Left, from imbecilic writers for Gawker to tenured professors to Robert F. Kennedy Jr., to criminalize disagreement about global warming. To expect our progressive friends to appreciate this would be to expect them to operate beyond their intellectual capacities. Barack Obama ran for president — twice — as an opponent of gay marriage whose views on gay rights were, according to his own account, based on a message from God; at the same time, he accused those who disagreed with him of being backward religion fanatics. He and other Democrats wailed for months that Republicans had questioned their patriotism, and then went on to complain that George W. Bush was “not patriotic.” Those strands of hypocrisy have now been braided together in the matter of the Syrian-refugee question, in which a million Democrats scandalized by a voluntary prayer before a football game are imperiously claiming that none other than Christ Jesus Himself demands that we bow to their policy preferences in the matter of refugee settlement, and that opposition to their agenda is — President Obama’s words — “not American.” Sounds like a job for the Un-American Activities Committee. Every time some mentally unstable misfit shoots up a school or a shop, the Left demands that we gut the Bill of Rights, and the president himself has endorsed the federal seizure of the hundreds of millions of firearms in private hands in the United States. But when there is news that the Islamic State has infiltrated the refugee populations — and then used that infiltration to carry out a horrific massacre in Paris – the response is: “Well, let’s not overreact.” And what does “overreaction” mean in this instance? Nothing more than the suggestion that we should slow down and not do anything foolish and irreversible until we are more sure of what the right course of action is. Remember that the creed of these so-called liberals, who are in no way liberal, has for a generation been: “You can’t legislate morality.” Apparently, you can legislate anything you please, Bill of Rights and everything else be damned. The Pink Guards don’t have the guts that the Red Guards had. But they are no less totalitarian. They should be understood as such, and met with ridicule, mockery, and defeat at every turn.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty11/21/2015, 11:33 am

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/11/20/student-rally-prompts-creation-illini-white-student-union-page/

‘Illini White Student Union’ page fosters fear after black solidarity rally

By Walbert Castillo November 20, 2015 6:25 pm

The Facebook page read, “A new page for white students of University of Illinois students to be able to form a community and discuss our own issues as well as be able to organize against the terrorism we have been facing from Black Lives Matter activists on campus,” according to The Daily Illini.

………

Black Students for Revolution were not satisfied with the administration response. A statement released on Friday and obtained by USA TODAY College says that “this “Illini White Student Union” has adopted the same racial terrorist tactics that groups like the Ku Klux Klan and the White Citizens’ Council utilized to intimidate and kill black people during the Civil Rights Movement. However, the university positioned black student safety at the periphery as it has done many times before.”

Yes, it’s hard to forget those dark days when KKK members would don their hoods and sheets, then sit down at their PCs to create a Facebook page.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Missouri 12249810_1702911666594971_678738087042878904_n
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty12/18/2015, 3:32 pm

http://nypost.com/2015/12/18/pc-students-at-lena-dunhams-college-offended-by-lack-of-fried-chicken/

PC students at Dunham’s college offended by lack of fried chicken

By Melkorka Licea and Laura Italiano

December 18, 2015 | 2:13pm

Kent State this is not!
Gastronomically correct students at an ultra-liberal Ohio college are in an uproar because the cafeteria food isn’t ethnically accurate enough.
Students at Oberlin College are so angered by the “insensitive” and “culturally appropriative” offerings at their Dascomb Dining Hall that they are filling screeds of protest in the school newspaper and even demanded a meeting with Campus Dining Service officials and the college president.
At issue are foods such as General Tso’s chicken being served with steamed chicken instead of fried — which is not authentically Chinese, and simply “weird,” one student bellyached.
Others were up in arms over Banh Mi Vietnamese sandwiches served with coleslaw instead of pickled vegetables on ciabatta bread — rather than traditional French baguette.
“It was ridiculous,” Diep Nguyen, a freshman who is a Vietnam native, told The Oberlin Review, the school newspaper.
“How could they just throw out something completely different and label it as another country’s traditional food?”
Not only that, but the sushi rice was undercooked in a way that was, according to one Japanese student, “disrespectful” of her culture.
That student, Tomoyo Joshi, a junior from Japan, was very offended by this flagrant violation of her rice.
“When you’re cooking a country’s dish for other people, including ones who have never tried the original dish before, you’re also representing the meaning of the dish as well as its culture,” Joshi told the Review.
“So if people not from that heritage take food, modify it and serve it as ‘authentic,’ it is appropriative,” she said.
Oberlin’s black student union joined in the food fray this month by staging a protest and petition against the grub being offered at Afrikan Heritage House, an on-campus dorm.
The dorm’s cafeteria wasn’t serving enough vegan and vegetarian options, and had failed to make fried chicken a permanent feature on the Sunday night menu, the school newspaper reported.
The petition also recommends the reduction of cream used in dishes, because “Black American food doesn’t have much cream in it,” according to the Review.
Student gripes are even getting the attention of at least one national organization, at least relating to the school’s inclusion of beef in a traditional Indian tandoori.
“Consuming beef was considered sacrilegious among Hindus,” blasted Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism, who has demanded meetings with school officials, according to the Chronicle-Telegram.
Campus dietitian Michele Gross told the Review this week that so far, the first meeting between college officials and dyspeptic students went well, and changes are being implemented to address all concerns.
Oberlin alumni include Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winners, and celebs such as Lena Dunham.

Not only that, but the sushi rice was undercooked in a way that was, according to one Japanese student, “disrespectful” of her culture.
That student, Tomoyo Joshi, a junior from Japan, was very offended by this flagrant violation of her rice.
“When you’re cooking a country’s dish for other people, including ones who have never tried the original dish before, you’re also representing the meaning of the dish as well as its culture,” Joshi told the Review.
“So if people not from that heritage take food, modify it and serve it as ‘authentic,’ it is appropriative,” she said.

I'm getting really annoyed by people whose immediate reaction whenever anything offends them is to play the rice card.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty12/20/2015, 10:33 am

Glad to see that this is getting some notice. Daniels gave a great speech specifically addressing this issue at both of my kids’ commencements.
No fucking whiners tolerated at Purdue.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428705/purdue-free-speech-campus

Purdue University Pushes Back against Free-Speech Suppression

by GEORGE WILL December 19, 2015 8:00 PM @GEORGEWILL

West Lafayette, Ind. — Although he is just 22, Andrew Zeller is a fourth-year Ph.D. candidate in mathematics at Purdue University. He is one reason the school is a rare exception to the rule of unreason on American campuses, where freedom of speech is under siege. He and Purdue are evidence that freedom of speech, by which truth is winnowed from error, is most reliably defended by those in whose intellectual pursuits the truth is most rigorously tested by reality. While in high school in Bowling Green, Ohio, Zeller completed three years of college undergraduate courses. He arrived at Purdue when its incoming president, Indiana’s former governor Mitch Daniels, wanted the university to receive the top “green light” rating from the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), which combats campus restrictions on speech and rates institutions on their adherence to constitutional principles. Zeller, president of Purdue’s graduate student government, and some undergraduate leaders urged Daniels to do what he was eager to do: Purdue has become the second university (after Princeton) to embrace the essence of the statement from the University of Chicago that affirms the principle that “education should not be intended to make people comfortable, it is meant to make them think.” The statement says “it is not the proper role of the university to attempt to shield individuals from ideas and opinions they find unwelcome, disagreeable or even deeply offensive,” and it endorses “a solemn responsibility not only to promote a lively and fearless freedom of debate and deliberation, but also to protect that freedom when others attempt to restrict it.”
Why is Purdue one of just six universities that have now aligned with the spirit of the Chicago policy? Partly because of Daniels’ leadership. But also because Purdue, Indiana’s land-grant institution, is true to the 1862 Morrill Act’s emphasis on applied learning. It graduates more engineers than any U.S. university other than Georgia Tech. Purdue, tied with the University of California at Berkeley, awards more STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) undergraduate diplomas than all but two public research universities (Penn State and Texas A&M).Among such universities, a higher percentage of Purdue students graduate in STEM fields than those of any school other than Georgia Tech and the University of California, San Diego. Scientists and engineers live lives governed by the reality principle: Get the variables wrong, the experiment will fail, even if this seems insensitive; do the math wrong, the equation will tell you, even if that hurts your feelings. Reality does not similarly regulate the production of Marxist interpretations of Middlemarch or turgid monographs on the false consciousness of Parisian street sweepers in 1714. Literature professors “deconstructing” Herman Melville cause nothing worse than excruciating boredom in their students. If engineers ignore reality, reality deconstructs their bridges.

The Yale instructor whose email about hypothetically insensitive Halloween costumes incited a mob has resigned her teaching position. She did so in spite of a letter of faculty support organized by a physicist and signed mostly by scientists, including social scientists, rather than humanities faculty. SHARE In their scalding 2007 book Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case, Stuart Taylor and KC Johnson plausibly argue that Duke’s disgrace — a fictional rape; hysterical academics trashing due process — was driven by the faculty Group of 88. Signatories of its manifesto included “only two professors in math, just one in the hard sciences, and zero in law. . . . More than 84 percent described their research interests as related to race, class, or gender (or all three). The Group of 88 was disproportionately concentrated in the humanities and some social science departments. Fully 80 percent of the African-American studies faculty members signed the statement, followed by women’s studies (72.2 percent) and cultural anthropology (60 percent).”
Higher education is increasingly a house divided. In the sciences and even the humanities, actual scholars maintain the high standards of their noble calling. But in the humanities, especially, and elsewhere, faux scholars representing specious disciplines exploit academia as a jobs program for otherwise unemployable propagandists hostile to freedom of expression. This is, however, a smattering of what counts as good news in today’s climate: For the first time in FIRE’s 16 years of monitoring academia’s authoritarianism, fewer than half (49.3 percent) of American universities still have what FIRE considers egregiously unconstitutional speech policies. Purdue is one of six universities that eliminated speech codes this year, and one of just 22 with FIRE’s “green light” rating.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty2/15/2016, 12:09 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/15/disgraced-missouri-professor-seen-yelling-profanity-at-police-in-new-video.html

Disgraced Missouri professor seen yelling profanity at police in new video

Published February 15, 2016

A since-suspended University of Missouri professor is seen yelling profanities at police officers trying to clear activists blocking traffic in a video that surfaced late Sunday night of an October protest.
Assistant Professor of Communication Melissa Click was suspended from her position in late January after she was charged with misdemeanor assault following a different videotaped skirmish with a student journalist in November. The prosecutor has said he’ll drop the charge in a year if Click completes community service, though her position at Missouri is still being reviewed.
The new video of Click tangling with police officers during an Oct. 10 Homecoming Parade could complicate the matter. The Missourian obtained the police body camera footage through an open records request.
“Her conduct and behavior are appalling, and I am not only disappointed, I am angry that a member of our faculty acted this way,” Interim Chancellor Hank Foley said in a statement emailed to The Missourian. “Her actions caught on camera last October are just another example of a pattern of misconduct by Dr. Click – most notably her assault on one of our students while seeking ‘muscle’ during a highly volatile situation on Carnahan Quadrangle in November.”

………

In an interview with The Missourian on Friday – before the new video became public – Click admitted the November incident was a “mistake” but hoped to still keep her job.
“My mistake is just one part of who I am,” she said.

Yes, you are a mistake.
Good that you admit to it.
Have your parents admitted to it?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty3/31/2016, 10:10 am

Ah, the tolerance of the Left - on display once again.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433475/stanford-activists-demand-nonwhite-female-transgender-president

Stanford Activists Demand Its Next President Be Nonwhite and Female or Transgender

by KATHERINE TIMPF March 30, 2016 7:05 PM @KATTIMPF

Because a transgender white person would just not be "diverse" enough.

An activist group at Stanford University is demanding that white people — as well as men of any race who are not transgender — be forbidden from being appointed as the school’s next president or provost. “We demand that the next appointment to the position of president and provost of the University break both the legacy of white leadership and cisgender male leadership,” states a document that the group, called the “Who’s Teaching Us Coalition,” released on Tuesday. Note that the students are demanding that “both” of these leadership legacies be dismantled — which means that neither a cis, black gay man nor a transgender white person would technically be “diverse” enough to qualify.

………
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty6/7/2016, 11:02 am

Whiny asswipes of the world, unite!!!!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436268/yale-students-major-english-poets-curriculum-has-too-many-white-males

A Safe Space from Chaucer

by RICH LOWRY June 7, 2016 12:00 AM @RICHLOWRY

Yale students claim that teaching white, male poets creates a hostile culture. Yale English majors are demanding a safe space from Chaucer. In a petition to the English department, Yale undergraduates declare that a required two-semester seminar on Major English Poets is a danger to their well-being. Never mind that the offending poets – Shakespeare, Chaucer, Donne, Milton, Wordsworth, et al. – are the foundational writers in the English language. It’s as if chemistry students objected to learning the periodic table or math students rose up against the teaching of differential calculus. The root of the plaint against the seminar is, of course, the usual PC bean-counting, where prodigious talents who have stood the test of time and explore the deepest questions about what it means to be human are found wanting because they wouldn’t be suitable models for a United Colors of Benetton ad. The petition whines that “a year spent around a seminar table where the literary contributions of women, people of color, and queer folk are absent actively harms all students, regardless of their identity.”

This is a variation on the widespread belief on campus that unwelcome speech is tantamount to a physical threat. In this case, the speech happens to be some of the most eloquent words written in the English language. One can only pity the exceedingly fragile sensibility it takes to feel assaulted by, say, “Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey.”

………

An official description of the Major English Poets seminar says the classes seek to create a heightened “curiosity about the way language works,” as well as “a confidence in engaging with historically and formally diverse literary texts.” This is a reasonable enough academic goal — unless the students involved are willfully incapable of curiosity or confidence. There is an easy solution to the dilemma of the aggrieved petitioners: They shouldn’t study English, or anything else that might challenge their absurdly small-minded ideological hobbyhorses.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty6/7/2016, 1:08 pm

Just curious... what's this got to do with Missouri?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty6/7/2016, 2:20 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Just curious... what's this got to do with Missouri?

Nothing to do with Missouri, per se, but I didn't see the point in starting another thread dedicated to whiny, idiotic, pussified liberal college students. Just a matter of economy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri   Missouri Empty

Back to top Go down

Missouri
Page 1 of 1