Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Religion of Peace - Too Dangerous to Criticize

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The Religion of Peace - Too Dangerous to Criticize   5/10/2016, 12:23 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/05/10/the-citadel-will-not-allow-an-exception-to-the-uniform-to-let-a-muslim-student-wear-her-hijab/

The Citadel will not allow an exception to the uniform to let a Muslim student wear her hijab

By Susan Svrluga May 10 at 12:00 PM

The Citadel will not allow a Muslim student to wear a hijab, an exception she had requested to the required uniform in order to keep her head covered, in keeping with her faith.
The family of the accepted student is now considering “all legal options,” according to an advocate authorized to speak for them.
The uniform is traditional, and central to the ideals of the nearly 175-year-old public military college in South Carolina, so the fact that it was considering an exception to it for an accepted student set off shock waves among alumni. The idea pleased some in the close-knit corps, who felt it could be an important symbol of religious freedom and inclusiveness. But it upset others who felt it would clash with the mission and ideals of the Citadel, where loyalty, teamwork and uniformity are paramount.
At the Citadel, students are expected to leave behind their individuality – and almost all of their possessions – and form opinions based on character rather than appearance. Allowing one student to wear something completely different struck many as antithetical to that mission. And some objected, as well, because exceptions have apparently not ever been made for other religions. Christian cadets have been told not to display crosses, for example.

………

The cadets’ commandant called the student Tuesday morning to inform her, according to spokeswoman Kimberly Keelor. He also told her he hoped to see her on the grounds in August.
The student cried after the commandant told her, said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations who spoke with the family Tuesday morning. “She told the commandant it wasn’t fair that she has to choose between practicing her faith and going to the Citadel,” he said.

………

She doesn’t have to choose.

The Citadel recognizes the importance of a cadet’s spiritual and religious beliefs, providing services for specific needs whenever possible. For example, during the first week of school faith-based organizations on campus and from the community meet with freshmen cadets. Cadet religious officers arrange transportation to churches, mosques, synagogues and other places of worship for those without cars. Accommodations for prayer and dietary needs are common at the college.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The Religion of Peace - Too Dangerous to Criticize   9/13/2016, 9:45 am

I love a story with a happy ending.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/hero-sas-sniper-killed-four-8811902

Hero SAS sniper 'killed FOUR ISIS terrorists with single bullet as they prepared to execute hostages with flamethrower'

• 10:17, 11 SEP 2016
• UPDATED 10:29, 11 SEP 2016
• BY SOPHIE EVANS

The British marksman was a staggering 4,900 feet away from the murderous jihadis in northern Syria when he fired the 'life-saving' shot
A heroic British sniper has killed four ISIS terrorists with a single bullet as they prepared to execute 12 hostages with a flamethrower, it is claimed.
The SAS marksman was a staggering 1,500 metres (4,900 feet) away from the militants in northern Syria when he fired the 'life-saving' shot.
Armed with a Barrett .50 calibre rifle, he reportedly locked on target before shooting at the flamethrower's fuel tank, causing it to explode.
The blast is said to have turned the executioner - a blood-thirsty man who had long been on a special forces 'kill list' - into a 'human fireball'.
The terrorist died alongside three other jihadis filming the execution, the Daily Star Sunday reports. It is thought that all of the hostages escaped alive.
The sniper, who has not been identified, was reportedly part of a British and US special forces team tracking 'high-value' ISIS fighters in the country.
The team had received a tip about the whereabouts of the executioner, who had become known for his preference for burning his terrified victims to death.
They tracked the jihadi down to a village near Raqqa - where he was preparing to murder around eight men and four women - before the sniper opened fire.
The incident occurred early last month, it is reported.
A source told the newspaper: ""The executioner gave some sort of rambling speech over a loud hailer then when he finished the SAS sniper opened fire."
“The bullet struck the fuel container and it exploded immediately. He was incinerated and several of his henchmen were also killed.”
The hostages were later rescued by the special forces.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The Religion of Peace - Too Dangerous to Criticize   4/11/2017, 12:31 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-little-girl-wanted-a-poop-themed-birthday-party-so-her-parents-threw-her-one_us_58e4fbf5e4b03a26a3682e26?

04/10/2017 10:25 am ET
This Little Girl Wanted A Poop-Themed Birthday Party, So Her Parents Threw Her One
“I tried suggesting other themes, but she always insisted on poop.”

By Caroline Bologna

When a Missouri mom named Rebecca asked her daughter, Audrey, how she’d like to celebrate her third birthday, the toddler had only one theme in mind: “poop.”
“For months, every time we mentioned her party, Audrey requested ‘poop balloons and a poop cake,’” Rebecca told The Huffington Post. “I tried suggesting other themes, but she always insisted on poop.”
Ultimately, she and her husband decided to “embrace the weird” and give Audrey the party she wanted.
“I tried suggesting other themes, but she always insisted on poop,” Audrey’s mom said.
The unconventional party took place in October at the family’s home in St. Louis.
The guests played “pin the poop,” enjoyed a poop emoji-shaped piñata filled with Tootsie Rolls and Hershey’s Kisses, and received whoopee cushion favors. Rebecca even dressed in a poop costume.
The party included a “pin the poop” activity.
The mom said everyone loved the party and thought it was hilarious. “I expected the grandparents to question it, but they all just laughed when I told them,” she added.
Rebecca believes the birthday party embodied her daughter in many ways. “Audrey is definitely her own person,” she explained. “I hope she always has the confidence she has now. She is so funny and the best big sister.”

“Audrey is definitely her own person,” the mom said.
Rebecca hopes Audrey’s party can inspire other parents in the throes of birthday planning.
“I feel like in this time of Facebook and Pinterest, we sometimes get caught up in trying to impress other adults,” she said. “This party wasn’t for me, it was for Audrey. I love that we will look back at pictures, and it will represent her at 3 ― my funny and quirky little girl.”

Audrey’s parents were happy they “embraced the weird.”
“I hope she always has the confidence she has now,” said Rebecca. “She is so funny and the best big sister.”

hey, edge- did your parents throw one of these parties for you?
And is that the reason you turned out the way you did?

edge's idea of fine art hanging in his family room...or is it in the living room?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Religion of Peace - Too Dangerous to Criticize   

Back to top Go down

The Religion of Peace - Too Dangerous to Criticize
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: