Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 #Ferguson,Mo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/12/2015, 11:35 pm

Scabrous Foreskin wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Perhaps Artie will comment on this after the effect of his/her celebratory champagne wears off.

Some might say they brought this on themselves...Kinda like when you keep poking a dog and then you're surprised when it bites you.
Ferguson Police Routinely Violate Rights of Blacks, Justice Dept. Finds




They were not Ferguson police officers, you sick fuck.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/14/2015, 5:28 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Perhaps Artie will comment on this after the effect of his/her celebratory champagne wears off.

Some might say they brought this on themselves...Kinda like when you keep poking a dog and then you're surprised when it bites you.
Ferguson Police Routinely Violate Rights of Blacks, Justice Dept. Finds




You know, every time I think that you've climbed as high as possible on the Asshole Ladder, you manage to find another rung by saying something like this.
I'm starting to wonder if the other participants on this board invented you so that they could say the things they really want to say without being held responsible for it, kind of the way Obama and Holder put Al Sharpton out front to say the really stupid racial things that they are just dying to say themselves, but which they don't have the balls to say.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/14/2015, 8:51 pm

happy jack wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the other participants on this board invented you so that they could say the things they really want to say without being held responsible for it, kind of the way Obama and Holder put Al Sharpton out front to say the really stupid racial things that they are just dying to say themselves, but which they don't have the balls to say.

That has to be the most asinine post you've ever made here jack. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/14/2015, 9:12 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the other participants on this board invented you so that they could say the things they really want to say without being held responsible for it, kind of the way Obama and Holder put Al Sharpton out front to say the really stupid racial things that they are just dying to say themselves, but which they don't have the balls to say.

That has to be the most asinine post you've ever made here jack. Well done.

Mind if I take a bow Question  I'm obviously still taking up a boatload of space rent free in our idiot's troll's head pirat
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/15/2015, 3:49 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
 
Mind if I take a bow Question  I'm obviously still taking up a boatload of space rent free in our idiot's troll's head



......... says the one who advocates for the murder of police officers.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/15/2015, 4:59 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
 
Mind if I take a bow Question  I'm obviously still taking up a boatload of space rent free in our idiot's troll's head



......... says the one who advocates for the murder of police officers.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/15/2015, 7:32 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
 
Mind if I take a bow Question  I'm obviously still taking up a boatload of space rent free in our idiot's troll's head



......... says the one who advocates for the murder of police officers.
Sleep



We all know what the Boredom Card means: that you have painted yourself yet again into a corner due to the ridiculousness of your posts.
And it's not particularly surprising that a eunuch would be bored with the safety and well-being of actual men who are willing to put their lives on the line, and to do so even for someone as worthless as herself/himself.
Quite the class act.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/15/2015, 7:37 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the other participants on this board invented you so that they could say the things they really want to say without being held responsible for it, kind of the way Obama and Holder put Al Sharpton out front to say the really stupid racial things that they are just dying to say themselves, but which they don't have the balls to say.

That has to be the most asinine post you've ever made here jack. Well done.



I haven't seen anyone other than myself call him/her out for advocating for the murder of innocent police officers.
Have you?
Or do you hold the same view as he/she does?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/15/2015, 9:38 pm

I haven’t heard anything to the effect that Mr. Williams accidentally hit his head while being taken into custody and placed inside a squad car, nor have I heard that he accidentally fell down a couple of flights of stairs while being escorted to his holding cell.
If something like that had happened, though, it would be a shame.
A damned shame.



http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/16/us/suspect-arrested-in-shooting-of-2-officers-in-ferguson-police-say.html?_r=0

Demonstrator, 20, Is Arrested in the Shooting of 2 Officers in Ferguson


By MANNY FERNANDEZ and JOHN ELIGONMARCH 15, 2015


FERGUSON, Mo. — A 20-year-old demonstrator was charged Sunday with shooting two police officers during a protest outside Police Headquarters here Thursday. Law enforcement officials said the man, Jeffrey L. Williams, claimed to have been targeting someone other than the officers and shot them by accident from inside a car.
Mr. Williams was arrested late Saturday and charged with first-degree assault in connection with the shooting, which had ratcheted up tensions between the police and protesters here. With the gunman at large, the officers guarding the police station as demonstrations continued had concerns for their safety, while protesters had criticized police officials for suggesting that the shooting was linked to them.
Discord has been simmering since Aug. 9, when a white police officer,Darren Wilson, fatally shot an unarmed, 18-year-old black man, Michael Brown, in a confrontation in the middle of a street. A grand jury declined to indict Mr. Wilson in November.
The arrest seemed to resolve almost none of the tension, and Mr. Williams’s motive was unclear. Prosecutors expressed skepticism at his version of events, but said he had attended the demonstration the evening of the shooting and previous rallies. Several protest leaders, however, quickly took to Twitter to deny that Mr. Williams, who is black, was one of them, or that they had even seen him among the crowd the night of the shooting.
The authorities said Mr. Williams, who was on probation at the time of the shooting for receiving stolen property, admitted his involvement to investigators and acknowledged firing the shots. He told investigators that he had a dispute with some people outside the police station that had nothing to do with the demonstration, officials said.
“It’s possible at this point that he was firing shots at someone other than the police, but struck the police officers,” Robert P. McCulloch, the prosecuting attorney for St. Louis County, said at a news conference Sunday afternoon at the Buzz Westfall Justice Center in Clayton, Mo., the seat of St. Louis County. “He has stated that he may have had a dispute with some other individuals. I’m not sure we completely buy that part of it. But in any event, it’s possible he was firing at some other people.”
Mr. McCulloch added: “We’re not 100 percent sure that there was a dispute. That’s part of the claim right now. It’s possible that there was a dispute. It’s possible that he was targeting police officers. We just have to wait for the investigation to develop.”
By Friday, the investigation had appeared stalled. The break in the case that pointed to Mr. Williams as the primary suspect appeared to come from tips and information provided by members of the public. Investigators recovered a .40-caliber handgun they believed had been used in the shooting. Mr. McCulloch said more arrests were possible.
Ferguson’s mayor, James Knowles III, and City Council members said in a statement that they were grateful to citizens who had provided assistance, and that while they supported peaceful protesting, they would “not allow, nor tolerate, the destructive and violent actions of a few to disrupt our unifying efforts.”

In a statement from Washington, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., whose Justice Department released a scathing report that found widespread misconduct, racial bias and unconstitutional practices by Ferguson’s police department and its municipal courts, praised “the swiftness of this action.”
“This arrest sends a clear message that acts of violence against our law enforcement personnel will never be tolerated,” Mr. Holder said.
At the St. Louis address listed in court documents as Mr. Williams’ residence, no one answered the door of the blue-clapboard house, on a tree-lined street about five miles from the police station. A woman who later entered the house declined to comment. Mr. Williams, who will turn 21 in two weeks, remained in custody; bond was set at $300,000.

DeRay McKesson, who has been participating in and documenting the demonstrations on social media, said that to his knowledge, Mr. Williams was not “a regular member of the protest community in St. Louis.”
Mr. McKesson criticized the way the police handled the investigation, pointing to previous statements made by Chief Jon M. Belmar of the St. Louis County Police Department in which he called the shooting an ambush and said the shooter may have been embedded with the demonstrators. Both of those assertions have been called into question now, Mr. McKesson said.
What Chief Belmar said “was intentionally said to incite and invoke fear,” Mr. McKesson said. “This does not change the momentum of the protesters. This person was not aligned with the protest community and the values within.”
The two officers — one from the county police and the other from the nearby Webster Groves department — were standing shoulder to shoulder outside the police station Thursday shortly after midnight as part of a protective line facing demonstrators across the street. At least three gunshots came from a distance behind the demonstrators, as much as 125 yards away, the authorities said.
Demonstrators had denounced the shooting, but vowed to continue marching and protesting, saying they would not be distracted from seeking justice for Mr. Brown’s killing and for systemic change in Ferguson’s police and court system. Police officials had taken steps after the shooting to reduce the visibility of the officers securing the police station, having them stand behind parked vehicles rather than out in the open. And they had taken a more hands-off approach to the demonstrators, allowing many to occasionally block traffic in front of the police station and declining to arrest those who ignored their orders to move onto the sidewalk.
The two officers, whom the authorities have declined to name, were treated at a hospital and are recuperating at home, according to Chief Belmar. The Webster Groves officer, 32, a seven-year veteran, was shot in the face, the bullet entering under his right eye and becoming lodged behind his ear, officials said. The county officer, 41, a 14-year veteran, was shot in the shoulder, with the bullet coming out of his back.


                                 



………
With the gunman at large, the officers guarding the police station as demonstrations continued had concerns for their safety, while protesters had criticized police officials for suggesting that the shooting was linked to them.
………

Protesters acting violently?
The nerve of the police to suggest that!


                                  ………
Prosecutors expressed skepticism at his version of events, but said he had attended the demonstration the evening of the shooting and previous rallies. Several protest leaders, however, quickly took to Twitter to deny that Mr. Williams, who is black, was one of them, or that they had even seen him among the crowd the night of the shooting.
………

How silly.
Of course he wasn’t a demonstrator
Demonstrators are peaceful, or so I’ve been told.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/16/2015, 12:22 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
 
Mind if I take a bow Question  I'm obviously still taking up a boatload of space rent free in our idiot's troll's head
......... says the one who advocates for the murder of police officers.
Sleep



[b]We all know what the Boredom Card means: that you have painted yourself yet again into a corner due to the ridiculousness of your posts.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Rolling Eyes

One word of advice though.....Look out behind you affraid BOO! cherry It's Al Sharpton!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   3/16/2015, 12:55 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
 


We all know what the Boredom Card means: that you have painted yourself yet again into a corner due to the ridiculousness of your posts.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Rolling Eyes





The truth usually does make me feel better.
And if the sight of police officers being gunned down makes you feel better, there's not much I, or anyone else, can really do about it.
That is just the kind person you are, for better or for worse.
Actually, for worse.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/14/2015, 4:33 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
   
I've actually listened to the witnesses and they all tell the same story. There is one young lady in particular that really impressed legal experts with her recollection of the events and is very credible. She is going to put that killer cop away withher testimony. Michael Brown was running away when he was shot. He turned and raised his hands in surrender and the cop kept firing until he went down. That is murder,plain and simple. I have yet to hear from a single witness that contradicts those events nor have I heard a peep out you other than your usual degradation of the victim.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hands_up,_don%27t_shoot

"pants up, don't loot"
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/15/2015, 2:05 pm

Yeah. Well, I was under the impression that the "Hands up, don't shoot" stuff didn't really take off until after these photos went viral shortly after the shooting...





The expression is meant as a frickin' metaphor, not as some detailed description of what happened during the Brown shooting.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/15/2015, 3:06 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Yeah. Well, I was under the impression that the "Hands up, don't shoot" stuff didn't really take off until after these photos went viral shortly after the shooting...





The expression is meant as a frickin' metaphor, not as some detailed description of what happened during the Brown shooting.



As one protester remarked, "Even if you don't find that it's true, it's a valid rallying cry... it's just a metaphor.



"Even if you don't find that it's true ….
…. then it kinda means that it’s false, doesn’t it?
Or is he speaking in some sort of language that only really smart people can understand?

You say, "po-tay-to", I say, "po-tah-to".
You say, "metaphor", I say, "shameless fabrication".
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/15/2015, 4:49 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah. Well, I was under the impression that the "Hands up, don't shoot" stuff didn't really take off until after these photos went viral shortly after the shooting...





The expression is meant as a frickin' metaphor, not as some detailed description of what happened during the Brown shooting.



You say, "po-tay-to", I say, "po-tah-to".You say, "metaphor", I say, "shameless fabrication".

Fabrication?  What is it about these photos that you consider a "fabrication?"
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/15/2015, 6:26 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah. Well, I was under the impression that the "Hands up, don't shoot" stuff didn't really take off until after these photos went viral shortly after the shooting...





The expression is meant as a frickin' metaphor, not as some detailed description of what happened during the Brown shooting.



You say, "po-tay-to", I say, "po-tah-to".You say, "metaphor", I say, "shameless fabrication".

Fabrication?  What is it about these photos that you consider a "fabrication?"



The photos?
Don't know anything about them.
I was referring to this fabrication:



However, the U.S. Department of Justice found no evidence this phrase or gesture were actually used during the incident, and the Washington Post's Fact Checker gave "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" four Pinnochios, saying it has no basis in fact.



A national movement based upon a lie.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/16/2015, 3:13 pm

Yeah.  Whatever... If you choose to believe that protesters are using the slogan solely because of a false narrative of the Brown shooting, then that's your right, I suppose...  

BTW - The pictures that I posted are pretty iconic.  It's hard to believe that you've never seen them before.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/16/2015, 8:56 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Yeah.  Whatever... If you choose to believe that protesters are using the slogan solely because of a false narrative of the Brown shooting, then that's your right, I suppose...  


Why else would they be using that slogan?



Scorpion wrote:
BTW - The pictures that I posted are pretty iconic.



If ‘iconic’ means’ false’, then yes, the pictures are ‘iconic’.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/16/2015, 9:13 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah.  Whatever... If you choose to believe that protesters are using the slogan solely because of a false narrative of the Brown shooting, then that's your right, I suppose...  

Why else would they be using that slogan?

Read this... I know you can do it if you try...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/us/ferguson-evidence-hands-up/index.html

Quote :
Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today. After a grand jury declined to indict Wilson, in rallies and demonstrations the phrase came to symbolize something larger than what transpired in the Michael Brown case.

"Hands up, don't shoot" has become shorthand for police mistreatment of minorities, one that's spreading beyond traditional protest scenes. It has evolved into a national movement with demands centered on changing what some see as systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities.

Get it yet?


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
BTW - The pictures that I posted are pretty iconic.

If ‘iconic’ means’ false’, then yes, the pictures are ‘iconic’.

Again, there is nothing "false" about the pictures... Are you still insisting that you've never seen them before?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/17/2015, 4:36 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah.  Whatever... If you choose to believe that protesters are using the slogan solely because of a false narrative of the Brown shooting, then that's your right, I suppose...  

Why else would they be using that slogan?

Read this... I know you can do it if you try...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/us/ferguson-evidence-hands-up/index.html

Quote :
Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today. After a grand jury declined to indict Wilson, in rallies and demonstrations the phrase came to symbolize something larger than what transpired in the Michael Brown case.

"Hands up, don't shoot" has become shorthand for police mistreatment of minorities, one that's spreading beyond traditional protest scenes. It has evolved into a national movement with demands centered on changing what some see as systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities.

Get it yet?


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
BTW - The pictures that I posted are pretty iconic.

If ‘iconic’ means’ false’, then yes, the pictures are ‘iconic’.

Again, there is nothing "false" about the pictures... Are you still insisting that you've never seen them before?



Yes, I am insisting that I don't recall seeing those pictures before. And seriously, why is that fact so troublesome for you?




Scorpion wrote:
   Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today.



Yes, an idea and a protest symbol based upon an event that never occurred, and those seizing upon it are no less delusional than Obama birthers or 911 truthers.
But look on the bright side: at least you finally got your White Hispanic convicted for killing a black man.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/17/2015, 11:14 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah.  Whatever... If you choose to believe that protesters are using the slogan solely because of a false narrative of the Brown shooting, then that's your right, I suppose...  

Why else would they be using that slogan?

Read this... I know you can do it if you try...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/us/ferguson-evidence-hands-up/index.html

Quote :
Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today. After a grand jury declined to indict Wilson, in rallies and demonstrations the phrase came to symbolize something larger than what transpired in the Michael Brown case.

"Hands up, don't shoot" has become shorthand for police mistreatment of minorities, one that's spreading beyond traditional protest scenes. It has evolved into a national movement with demands centered on changing what some see as systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities.

Get it yet?


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
BTW - The pictures that I posted are pretty iconic.

If ‘iconic’ means’ false’, then yes, the pictures are ‘iconic’.

Again, there is nothing "false" about the pictures... Are you still insisting that you've never seen them before?



Yes, I am insisting that I don't recall seeing those pictures before. And seriously, why is that fact so troublesome for you?

Troublesome?  I don't know that I consider it "troublesome."  Just kind of surprising. After all, it's not the even the first time that at least one of them has been posted on this forum.


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
   Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today.



Yes, an idea and a protest symbol based upon an event that never occurred, and those seizing upon it are no less delusional than Obama birthers or 911 truthers.
But look on the bright side: at least you finally got your White Hispanic convicted for killing a black man.

First of all, I have no idea what you mean by my "White Hispanic."   There's nothing to celebrate here... a man is dead.

There is nothing "delusional" about using a gesture as a symbol to represent a movement.  To compare that to birthers or truthers is simply ludicrous.  It's an effective symbol for the idea that the protesters are trying to convey.  That's all it is... so get over it!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/18/2015, 6:36 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah.  Whatever... If you choose to believe that protesters are using the slogan solely because of a false narrative of the Brown shooting, then that's your right, I suppose...  

Why else would they be using that slogan?

Read this... I know you can do it if you try...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/us/ferguson-evidence-hands-up/index.html

Quote :
Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today. After a grand jury declined to indict Wilson, in rallies and demonstrations the phrase came to symbolize something larger than what transpired in the Michael Brown case.

"Hands up, don't shoot" has become shorthand for police mistreatment of minorities, one that's spreading beyond traditional protest scenes. It has evolved into a national movement with demands centered on changing what some see as systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities.

Get it yet?


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
BTW - The pictures that I posted are pretty iconic.

If ‘iconic’ means’ false’, then yes, the pictures are ‘iconic’.

Again, there is nothing "false" about the pictures... Are you still insisting that you've never seen them before?



Yes, I am insisting that I don't recall seeing those pictures before. And seriously, why is that fact so troublesome for you?

Troublesome?  I don't know that I consider it "troublesome."  Just kind of surprising.  After all, it's not the even the first time that at least one of them has been posted on this forum.


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
   Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today.



Yes, an idea and a protest symbol based upon an event that never occurred, and those seizing upon it are no less delusional than Obama birthers or 911 truthers.
But look on the bright side: at least you finally got your White Hispanic convicted for killing a black man.

First of all, I have no idea what you mean by my "White Hispanic."   There's nothing to celebrate here... a man is dead.

There is nothing "delusional" about using a gesture as a symbol to represent a movement.  To compare that to birthers or truthers is simply ludicrous.  It's an effective symbol for the idea that the protesters are trying to convey.  That's all it is... so get over it!



Well, yes, it is kind of delusional to use “a gesture as a symbol to represent a movement” when that gesture never occurred in the real world. And, no, it’s not “an effective symbol for the idea that the protesters are trying to convey” because it is based upon a falsehood.
That's all it is... so get over it! I know I already have.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/18/2015, 5:04 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah.  Whatever... If you choose to believe that protesters are using the slogan solely because of a false narrative of the Brown shooting, then that's your right, I suppose...  

Why else would they be using that slogan?

Read this... I know you can do it if you try...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/us/ferguson-evidence-hands-up/index.html

Quote :
Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today. After a grand jury declined to indict Wilson, in rallies and demonstrations the phrase came to symbolize something larger than what transpired in the Michael Brown case.

"Hands up, don't shoot" has become shorthand for police mistreatment of minorities, one that's spreading beyond traditional protest scenes. It has evolved into a national movement with demands centered on changing what some see as systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities.

Get it yet?


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
BTW - The pictures that I posted are pretty iconic.

If ‘iconic’ means’ false’, then yes, the pictures are ‘iconic’.

Again, there is nothing "false" about the pictures... Are you still insisting that you've never seen them before?



Yes, I am insisting that I don't recall seeing those pictures before. And seriously, why is that fact so troublesome for you?

Troublesome?  I don't know that I consider it "troublesome."  Just kind of surprising.  After all, it's not the even the first time that at least one of them has been posted on this forum.


happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
   Before a grand jury convened in the case, protesters and activists seized upon the idea of a young black man raising his arms in surrender, transforming it into a protest symbol that persists today.



Yes, an idea and a protest symbol based upon an event that never occurred, and those seizing upon it are no less delusional than Obama birthers or 911 truthers.
But look on the bright side: at least you finally got your White Hispanic convicted for killing a black man.

First of all, I have no idea what you mean by my "White Hispanic."   There's nothing to celebrate here... a man is dead.

There is nothing "delusional" about using a gesture as a symbol to represent a movement.  To compare that to birthers or truthers is simply ludicrous.  It's an effective symbol for the idea that the protesters are trying to convey.  That's all it is... so get over it!



Well, yes, it is kind of delusional to use “a gesture as a symbol to represent a movement” when that gesture never occurred in the real world. And, no, it’s not “an effective symbol for the idea that the protesters are trying to convey” because it is based upon a falsehood.
That's all it is... so get over it! I know I already have.

I'll simply return to a quote posted earlier...

Quote :
It has evolved into a national movement with demands centered on changing what some see as systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities.

If you truly see "systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities" as a falsehood, then I guess that I understand your position...even though your position is clearly incorrect.

You still haven't explained what you meant by the "my" White Hispanic remark. I'd really like to know the rationale for making a statement like that. Here's your quote again, in case you forgot...

happy jack wrote:

But look on the bright side: at least you finally got your White Hispanic convicted for killing a black man.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/19/2015, 10:18 am

Scorpion wrote:
 

I'll simply return to a quote posted earlier...

Quote :
It has evolved into a national movement with demands centered on changing what some see as systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities.

If you truly see "systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities" as a falsehood, then I guess that I understand your position...even though your position is clearly incorrect.





I’ve never said that "systemic problems in law enforcement that lead to mistreatment of minorities" are a falsehood, and you damn well know that. What I’ve been saying is that the charge that Brown had his hands up and was surrendering when he was shot is a falsehood, a falsehood that too many people are apparently ignoring. Basing a national movement on a gesture that never occurred, and that was based upon lies to begin with, doesn’t do much for the credibility of those involved in that movement.



Scorpion wrote:
 

You still haven't explained what you meant by the "my" White Hispanic remark. I'd really like to know the rationale for making a statement like that.




I was referring to the Aaron Hernandez case.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   4/19/2015, 3:48 pm

happy jack wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
 

You still haven't explained what you meant by the "my" White Hispanic remark. I'd really like to know the rationale for making a statement like that.

I was referring to the Aaron Hernandez case.

Wow... I gotta tell ya, you seem awfully obsessed about race and ethnicity.   Up until now, it never even registered with me that Hernandez was Hispanic.  I just thought of him as a football player.  And I never knew that the victim was black, either.  

But that wasn't what I asked, in any case.  Let's try again, shall we?

happy jack wrote:
But look on the bright side: at least you finally got your White Hispanic convicted for killing a black man.

What, exactly, is the "bright side" of this, and why in the world did you refer to Hernandez as "your White Hispanic?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: #Ferguson,Mo   

Back to top Go down
 
#Ferguson,Mo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: