Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What the Left Did Last Week

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

What the Left Did Last Week Empty
PostSubject: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/15/2014, 2:56 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375766/what-left-did-last-week-dennis-prager

APRIL 15, 2014 12:00 AM

Part 1 of an occasional diary of the Left’s ongoing efforts to radically transform the country.

By Dennis Prager

In his column last week, Charles Krauthammer crossed a line. He declared the American Left totalitarian.
He is correct. Totalitarianism is written into the Left’s DNA. Krauthammer wrote about a left-wing petition “bearing more than 110,000 signatures delivered to the [Washington] Post demanding a ban on any article questioning global warming.”
He concluded:
I was gratified by the show of intolerance because it perfectly illustrated my argument that the Left is entering a new phase of ideological agitation — no longer trying to win the debate butstopping debate altogether, banishing from public discourse any and all opposition. The proper word for that attitude is totalitarian.
America is engaged in a civil war — thank God, a nonviolent one, but a civil war nonetheless. We are as divided now as we were during the Civil War. The issue then was slavery — a huge moral divide, of course. But today, the country is divided by opposite views on morality, politics, society, religion, the individual, and the very nature of America.
Advertisement
The Left seeks to, as candidate Barack Obama promised five days before his first election, “fundamentally transform the United States of America.” That is what the Left is doing. There is almost no area of American life in which the Left’s influence is not transformative, and ultimately destructive.
Beginning today, I will periodically devote the space of this column to exposing that transformation and destruction. This is necessary, I believe, because most Americans, including more than a few Republicans and more than a few Democrats, simply do not know what the Left is doing to their country.
So, here is some of what the Left has done in the last week or two.
The left-wing directors of Mozilla, the parent company of the browser Firefox, compelled their CEO, Brendan Eich, to resign after he refused to recant his support for maintaining the man-woman definition of marriage. Even though his gay employees acknowledged that he had treated them fairly individually and as couples, the mere fact that he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman rendered him unacceptable as an employee of Mozilla/Firefox. (For more details, see my column of last week, “Uninstall Firefox.”)
The Wall Street Journal condemned Mozilla. The New York Times has not taken a position.
 Brandeis University rescinded its invitation to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, perhaps the world’s foremost activist in behalf of women in the Islamic world. Hirsi Ali, an African woman born into a Muslim family and raised Muslim, now teaches at Harvard; she was scheduled to receive an honorary degree at the forthcoming Brandeis graduation ceremony. Brandeis rescinded its invitation after protests led by a Muslim student and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an Islamist organization. Hirsi Ali’s detractors were outraged about comments she has made criticizing the appalling treatment of women in many parts of the Muslim world.
The Wall Street Journal condemned Brandeis. The New York Times has not taken a position.
 The University of Michigan canceled a showing of the documentary Honor Diaries. The film features nine women who are Muslim or who come from a Muslim country. They speak about honor killings, female genital mutilation, forced marriages at young ages, and the denial of education to women in Muslim communities. They praise moderate Muslims. But the University of Michigan canceled the film lest a non-moderate Muslim organization, CAIR again, label the university “Islamophobic.”
 Six weeks ago, a University of Wisconsin student released a video he had made of a guest lecturer in the freshman general-education course “Education 130: Individual and Society.” The lecturer, the political and organizing director for Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 150, delivered a diatribe, with obscenities, against conservatives, whites, and Republicans. Last week, when confronted with the evidence that classrooms at their university were being politicized, the faculty of the University of Wisconsin reacted with indignation — at the student who made the video. And then the faculty passed a resolution demanding that the university ban recording any of its classes.
It’s hard to blame the faculty. Given the intellectual shallowness and the left-wingpolitics that pervade so many liberal-arts classes, the University of Wisconsin faculty has every reason to fear how the public might respond if it knows what professors say in class.
 Today is the cutoff date for public reactions to the proposal by the California Supreme Court’s ethics-advisory committee to forbid California judges from affiliating with the Boy Scouts, which the Left deems anti-gay. Given the Left’s animosity to traditional value-based institutions, it is not surprising that it loathes the Boy Scouts. What is remarkable — actually, frightening — is how easy it has been for the Left to make it illegal for a judge to be a leader in the Boy Scouts. This is the now case in 22 states. It will soon be the case in California as well.
This was just one week — and only selected examples — in the Left’s ongoingtransformation of America.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 11:59 am

Quote :
By Dennis Prager

Ah yes, Dennis Prager.
I love it when a right wing extemist loon who is on his third marriage gives advice on - you guessed it, marriage and then tops it off by claiming that same sex marriage will not only lead to incest and polygamy but also "fascism in America."

http://mediamatters.org/tags/dennis-prager

Last edited by edge540 on 4/16/2014, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 12:29 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
By Dennis Prager

Ah yes, Dennis Prager.
I love it when a right wing extemist loon who is on his third marriage gives advice on - you guessed it, marriage and then tops it off by claiming that same sex marriage will lead to incest and of polygamy.

HaHaHa. His apparent concern for Muslims is also hilarious considering:
Quote :
Keith Ellison, D-Minn., the first Muslim elected to the United States Congress, has announced that he will not take his oath of office on the Bible, but on the bible of Islam, the Koran.

He should not be allowed to do so -- not because of any American hostility to the Koran, but because the act undermines American civilization.
http://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2006/11/28/america,_not_keith_ellison,_decides_what_book_a_congressman_takes_his_oath_on
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 12:48 pm

Clearly, you two have a problem with the messenger, but, also clearly, you have no rebuttal to what he wrote.

So, here is some of what the Left has done in the last week or two.
The left-wing directors of Mozilla, the parent company of the browser Firefox, compelled their CEO, Brendan Eich, to resign after he refused to recant his support for maintaining the man-woman definition of marriage. Even though his gay employees acknowledged that he had treated them fairly individually and as couples, the mere fact that he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman rendered him unacceptable as an employee of Mozilla/Firefox. (For more details, see my column of last week, “Uninstall Firefox.”)
The Wall Street Journal condemned Mozilla. The New York Times has not taken a position.
Brandeis University rescinded its invitation to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, perhaps the world’s foremost activist in behalf of women in the Islamic world. Hirsi Ali, an African woman born into a Muslim family and raised Muslim, now teaches at Harvard; she was scheduled to receive an honorary degree at the forthcoming Brandeis graduation ceremony. Brandeis rescinded its invitation after protests led by a Muslim student and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an Islamist organization. Hirsi Ali’s detractors were outraged about comments she has made criticizing the appalling treatment of women in many parts of the Muslim world.
The Wall Street Journal condemned Brandeis. The New York Times has not taken a position.
The University of Michigan canceled a showing of the documentary Honor Diaries. The film features nine women who are Muslim or who come from a Muslim country. They speak about honor killings, female genital mutilation, forced marriages at young ages, and the denial of education to women in Muslim communities. They praise moderate Muslims. But the University of Michigan canceled the film lest a non-moderate Muslim organization, CAIR again, label the university “Islamophobic.”
Six weeks ago, a University of Wisconsin student released a video he had made of a guest lecturer in the freshman general-education course “Education 130: Individual and Society.” The lecturer, the political and organizing director for Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 150, delivered a diatribe, with obscenities, against conservatives, whites, and Republicans. Last week, when confronted with the evidence that classrooms at their university were being politicized, the faculty of the University of Wisconsin reacted with indignation — at the student who made the video. And then the faculty passed a resolution demanding that the university ban recording any of its classes.
It’s hard to blame the faculty. Given the intellectual shallowness and the left-wingpolitics that pervade so many liberal-arts classes, the University of Wisconsin faculty has every reason to fear how the public might respond if it knows what professors say in class.
Today is the cutoff date for public reactions to the proposal by the California Supreme Court’s ethics-advisory committee to forbid California judges from affiliating with the Boy Scouts, which the Left deems anti-gay. Given the Left’s animosity to traditional value-based institutions, it is not surprising that it loathes the Boy Scouts. What is remarkable — actually, frightening — is how easy it has been for the Left to make it illegal for a judge to be a leader in the Boy Scouts. This is the now case in 22 states. It will soon be the case in California as well.
This was just one week — and only selected examples — in the Left’s ongoingtransformation of America.

Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 1:20 pm

happy jack wrote:
Clearly, you two have a problem with the messenger, but, also clearly, you have no rebuttal to what he wrote.

Yes jack you're absolutely right, I have no rebuttal to what he wrote because clearly I don't give a shit about what he is whining and crying about. Absolutely none. And when I see bullshit like "...exposing that transformation and destruction", I just laugh. You should too.
It's clear now that Benghazi!!! is now a non-issue with normal sane people so the right is desperately trying to find something...anything  to yell and scream about.

Obviously none of that shit above is gaining any traction but this one sure is with the gun loving crazy ass right..

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 4:02 pm

edge540 wrote:

Yes jack you're absolutely right, I have no rebuttal to what he wrote because clearly I don't give a shit about what he is whining and crying about. Absolutely none.

You clearly give enough of a shit about it to comment on it.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 4:49 pm

happy jack wrote:

How do you rebut a timeline?  

Dennis Prager wrote:
This stuff happened last week.

"Did not."

Suspect
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 5:51 pm

Damn.
Hardly any action on this board for about two weeks.
Until I make a post, that is.
Then the cockroaches swarm, and it becomes a beehive of activity. (Pardon the mixed metaphor.)
But it's really nice to be needed.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 5:59 pm

Heretic wrote:

How do you rebut a timeline?  

You don't rebut a timeline.
You do, however, rebut assertions and opinions, both of which were included in the piece.
I mean, you rebut them if you can.
And when you clearly can't, you attack the messenger.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/16/2014, 7:09 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
By Dennis Prager

Ah yes, Dennis Prager.
I love it when a right wing extemist loon who is on his third marriage gives advice on - you guessed it, marriage and then tops it off by claiming that same sex marriage will not only lead to incest and  polygamy but also "fascism in America."

I see that you're not at all cool with the fact that Dennis Prager doesn't support same-sex marriage. But he's just a harmless columnist; it's not as if he is asking to be elected to high public office while holding such views.
On the other hand, here are some of Barack Obama's opinions on same-sex marriage:

“I am a fierce supporter of domestic-partnership and civil-union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about, primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation. I know that’s true in the African-American community, for example. And if you asked people, ‘should gay and lesbian people have the same rights to transfer property, and visit hospitals, and et cetera,’ they would say, ‘absolutely.’ And then if you talk about, ‘should they get married?’, then suddenly…” - Feb. 2, 2004

“I was reminded that it is my obligation not only as an elected official in a pluralistic society, but also as a Christian, to remain open to the possibility that my unwillingness to support gay marriage is misguided,” while a U.S. Senator, writing in his memoir in 2006, “The Audacity of Hope.”

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008, while running for president, defining marriage at the Saddleback Presidential Forum.

“I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.” - Nov. 2, 2008, while running for president, in an interview with MTV.

“I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage primarily because of my understandings of the traditional definitions of marriage. But I also think you’re right that attitudes evolve, including mine.” - Oct. 27, 2010, as president, in an interview with a group of liberal bloggers.

And you were totally cool with that.
In fact, you helped to vote him into the highest office in the land.
Twice.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/17/2014, 2:53 pm

happy jack wrote:

...it's not as if he is asking to be elected to high public office while holding such views.

Except they are not the same views. Why do you distort the facts?
happy jack wrote:

And you were totally cool with that.
In fact, you helped to vote him into the highest office in the land.
Twice.

Yep that's right.
Unlike Dennis Pragers views on gays and same sex marriage Barack Obama's views were not and ARE not far right, crazy, fringe extremist views i.e., same sex marriage will not only lead to incest and polygamy but also "fascism in America."

Last time time I checked the president supports gay rights and  same sex marriage, again, unlike Dennis Prager. As a matter of fact the majority of the people in this country do.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/05/poll-record-high-favor-legal-same-sex-marriage/

Sane, normal, rational people can and do change their views on issues like gay marriage which has happened in the last 20 years, unlike far right conservative extremists like Dennis Prager who still hold the same bigoted views.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/17/2014, 3:46 pm

edge540 wrote:

Last time time I checked the president supports gay rights and  same sex marriage, again, unlike Dennis Prager.

That's great, edge.
But the last time I checked, you voted for a man who said the below just a few days before you voted for him.

“I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

- Barack Obama    
  Nov. 2, 2008

Why would you vote for a person who holds such views?
Are you a homophobe?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/17/2014, 9:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Last time time I checked the president supports gay rights and  same sex marriage, again, unlike Dennis Prager.

That's great, edge.
But the last time I checked, you voted for a man who said the below just a few days before you voted for him.

“I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

- Barack Obama    
  Nov. 2, 2008

Why would you vote for a person who holds such views?
Are you a homophobe?
Because it's not an extremist view. It's a perfectly reasonable mainstream view that I don't agree with.
Like I said, Unlike Dennis Pragers views on gays and same sex marriage Barack Obama's views were not and ARE not far right, crazy, fringe extremist views i.e., same sex marriage will not only lead to incest and polygamy but also "fascism in America."
No I'm not a homophobe, are you?
BTW, you conveniently left this out:
"But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.”
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 5:58 am

edge540 wrote:
It's a perfectly reasonable mainstream view that I don't agree with.

OK.
I'll remember that.
I'm curious, however, as to how your posse feels about that.
Heretic?
Scorpion?
Eunuch?
Do any of you believe that being anti-gay marriage is a perfectly reasonable mainstream view?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 7:43 am

'This thing is working': 8 million are now insured through the exchanges
Quote :
A few weeks ago, 7 million sign-ups for Obamacare's insurance exchanges was rightly celebrated as a victory. Now, though, we've blown past that: President Barack Obama announced Thursday afternoon that 8 million people have gotten health coverage through the exchanges, in addition to the millions more who have benefited from expanded Medicaid or been able to stay on their parents' insurance. In all, according to a White House fact sheet:
Quote :

8 million people signed up for private insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace. For states that have Federally-Facilitated Marketplaces, 35 percent of those who signed up are under 35 years old and 28 percent are between 18 and 34 years old, virtually the same youth percentage that signed up in Massachusetts in their first year of health reform.
       3 million young adults gained coverage thanks to the Affordable Care Act by being able to stay on their parents plan.
       3 million more people were enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP as of February, compared to before the Marketplaces opened. Medicaid and CHIP enrollment continues year-round.
       5 million people are enrolled in plans that meet ACA standards outside the Marketplace, according to a CBO estimate. When insurers set premiums for next year, they are required to look at everyone who enrolled in plans that meet ACA standards, both on and off the Marketplace.
       5.7 million people will be uninsured in 2016 because 24 States have not expanded Medicaid.
As that last number reminds us, the fight isn't over. Millions more could and should be covered by the law, if Republican governors and state legislators weren't blocking Medicaid expansion. It is, as Obama forcefully pointed out during the press conference, being blocked "for no other reason than political spite," and "that's wrong. It should stop. Those folks should be able to get health insurance like everybody else."

While Republicans continue to fight to kick millions and millions of people off their health insurance, Democrats have to be fighting to expand Medicaid and insure 5.7 million more.
"Unsuspecting Americans" cheers 
Ignorant troll  sigh
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 8:24 am

Artie60438 wrote:
'This thing is working': 8 million are now insured through the exchanges
Quote :
A few weeks ago, 7 million sign-ups for Obamacare's insurance exchanges was rightly celebrated as a victory. Now, though, we've blown past that: President Barack Obama announced Thursday afternoon that 8 million people have gotten health coverage through the exchanges, in addition to the millions more who have benefited from expanded Medicaid or been able to stay on their parents' insurance. In all, according to a White House fact sheet:
Quote :

8 million people signed up for private insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace. For states that have Federally-Facilitated Marketplaces, 35 percent of those who signed up are under 35 years old and 28 percent are between 18 and 34 years old, virtually the same youth percentage that signed up in Massachusetts in their first year of health reform.
       3 million young adults gained coverage thanks to the Affordable Care Act by being able to stay on their parents plan.
       3 million more people were enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP as of February, compared to before the Marketplaces opened. Medicaid and CHIP enrollment continues year-round.
       5 million people are enrolled in plans that meet ACA standards outside the Marketplace, according to a CBO estimate. When insurers set premiums for next year, they are required to look at everyone who enrolled in plans that meet ACA standards, both on and off the Marketplace.
       5.7 million people will be uninsured in 2016 because 24 States have not expanded Medicaid.
As that last number reminds us, the fight isn't over. Millions more could and should be covered by the law, if Republican governors and state legislators weren't blocking Medicaid expansion. It is, as Obama forcefully pointed out during the press conference, being blocked "for no other reason than political spite," and "that's wrong. It should stop. Those folks should be able to get health insurance like everybody else."

While Republicans continue to fight to kick millions and millions of people off their health insurance, Democrats have to be fighting to expand Medicaid and insure 5.7 million more.
"Unsuspecting Americans" cheers 
Ignorant troll  sigh

"If you like your insurance plan, you can keep your insurance plan. Until we tell you you can't."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/widows-dropped-health-care-due-obamacare-alabama_786961.html

Dozens of Widows Dropped from Health Care Due to Obamacare in Alabama

7:01 AM, Apr 17, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER
More than two dozen widows in Alabama were dropped from their health care plans due to Obamacare, WHNT reports:
"More than two dozen widows who were married to retired Madison county employees, lost their health insurance coverage earlier this year. And now one commissioner says it's time to give it back to them. The change was sparked by the new federal health care law, but whether or not coverage can actually be restored really isn't clear," said the anchor.
Says the reporter, "Madison county commissioner Roger Jones says no one realized just how much the new federal health care law would change things, especially for the spouses of some of his former employees."

"A lot of these people are on fixed incomes, low fixed incomes. Some of them are living on Social Security and very little else and health insurance is very important to them," says the county commissioner.

"The widows who were dropped in January had always been covered under the county's old self-insured health care plan. But officials tell us the program had to be abandoned when they were informed that new regulations in Obamacare would amount to an extra $25 million dollars per year, money that chairman Dale Strong says the county simply didn't have," says the local reporter.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 10:16 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

OK.
I'll remember that.
Heretic?
Scorpion?
Eunuch?
Do any of you believe that being anti-gay marriage is a perfectly reasonable mainstream view?
Hold it, time out.
Being anti-gay marriage like Dennis Prager is not a reasonable mainstream view.
Simply being not in favor of gay marriage like millions of peopls are, is a perfectly reasonable mainstream view.

Now why don't you go first. Are you anti gay marriage like Dennis Prager (an extremist view) or do you simply not support gay marriage which is a perfectly reasonable mainstream view?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 10:20 am

happy jack wrote:
"A lot of these people are on fixed incomes, low fixed incomes. Some of them are living on Social Security and very little else and health insurance is very important to them," says the county commissioner.

Well in that case they should be on Medicare or Medicaid.

Don't these idiots in Alabama know that?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 10:44 am

Obamacare Derangement Syndrome wrote:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/widows-dropped-health-care-due-obamacare-alabama_786961.html

Dozens of Widows Dropped from Health Care Due to Obamacare in Alabama

7:01 AM, Apr 17, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER
More than two dozen widows in Alabama were dropped from their health care plans due to Obamacare, WHNT reports:
"More than two dozen widows who were married to retired Madison county employees, lost their health insurance coverage earlier this year. And now one commissioner says it's time to give it back to them. The change was sparked by the new federal health care law, but whether or not coverage can actually be restored really isn't clear," said the anchor.
Says the reporter, "Madison county commissioner Roger Jones says no one realized just how much the new federal health care law would change things, especially for the spouses of some of his former employees."

"The widows who were dropped in January had always been covered under the county's old self-insured health care plan. But officials tell us the program had to be abandoned when they were informed that new regulations in Obamacare would amount to an extra $25 million dollars per year, money that chairman Dale Strong says the county simply didn't have," says the local reporter.
Gotta love the Weekly Standard Very Happy Who knew that Dozens  affraid AKA more than 2 but less than 3 dozen  Rolling Eyes widows lost their health care. As 'Edge' points out these people are most likely eligible for medicare.

But hey,it's the Weekly Standard whose editor is the almost always wrong William "the bloody' Kristol.

Congrats on finding a needle in the haystack Razz 
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 11:02 am

Gee, I wonder why there are so many widows in Madison county? Bill should look into that.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 11:17 am

There's only one reason that these people don't have "health care." ... Alabama has refused the expansion of Medicaid, which was intended to be an integral part of the Affordable Care Act.   And now they are saying that the reason that dozens of widows have been "dropped from health care" is due to Obamacare?"  

There may be legitimate reasons to dislike the ACA, but this one is completely bogus.  The real question is why is Alabama refusing to expand Medicaid?  They are depriving these poor widows from coverage that they are entitled to receive. That's a tragedy, but the blame rests squarely on the Republican Party, not only in Alabama but also in all the other "Red States" that have refused the Medicaid expansion.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 11:56 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

OK.
I'll remember that.
Heretic?
Scorpion?
Eunuch?
Hold it, time out.
Simply being not in favor of gay marriage like millions of peopls are, is a perfectly reasonable mainstream view.

Now why don't you go first. Are you anti gay marriage like Dennis Prager (an extremist view) or do you simply not support gay marriage which is a perfectly reasonable mainstream view?

edge540 wrote:

But being anti-gay marriage like Barack Obama is a reasonable mainstream view?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 12:27 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

OK.
I'll remember that.
Heretic?
Scorpion?
Eunuch?

Yeah. Well I'm not part of anyone's "posse," but I'll answer. First of all, you can't just you can't just ignore this bit...

Quote :
But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.

Barack was expressing his personal opinion about gay marriage at the time, but also stated that we shouldn't legally prohibit it. He also supported civil unions.  At the time, that was the "mainstream view."  One's position can evolve, you know?  

Hell, at the time, that was my position as well.  I wouldn't characterize it as being "anti-gay marriage," however.  I just wasn't sure that it was necessary for gays to be allowed to marry, as long as they had equal rights under the civil union statutes.  I changed my mind when it became clear that the only way to ensure that the gay community was treated equally was to allow them to marry.  

So I changed my position.   That's what a reasonable person does when presented with facts that indicate that one's position is incorrect.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  As I recall, Barack went through a similar process.  

Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 12:40 pm

happy jack wrote:
You don't rebut a timeline.
You do, however, rebut assertions and opinions, both of which were included in the piece.

Then feel free to point any out you thought were particularly discussion worthy.  You spammed us, again, leaving no indication you actually read what you posted, understood it, or wanted to discuss it.  Two pages in, and you still haven't.  

happy jack wrote:

I don't believe the voice in my head is a deity, so like most religious objections, I find them laughably unreasonable.  But I don't look at the polls to know if its mainstream or not.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty4/18/2014, 12:42 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

OK.
I'll remember that.
Heretic?
Scorpion?
Eunuch?

Yeah. Well I'm not part of anyone's "posse," but I'll answer. First of all, you can't just you can't just ignore this bit...

Quote :
But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.

Barack was expressing his personal opinion about gay marriage at the time, but also stated that we shouldn't legally prohibit it. He also supported civil unions.  At the time, that was the "mainstream view."  One's position can evolve, you know?  

Hell, at the time, that was my position as well.  I wouldn't characterize it as being "anti-gay marriage," however.  I just wasn't sure that it was necessary for gays to be allowed to marry, as long as they had equal rights under the civil union statutes.  I changed my mind when it became clear that the only way to ensure that the gay community was treated equally was to allow them to marry.  

So I changed my position.   That's what a reasonable person does when presented with facts that indicate that one's position is incorrect.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  As I recall, Barack went through a similar process.  

Does that answer your question?

Nice out.
Kerry on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the Left Did Last Week   What the Left Did Last Week Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next