Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jason Collins comes out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Jason Collins comes out Empty
PostSubject: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty4/30/2013, 4:48 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/obama-jason-collins-press-conference_n_3185134.html

Obama Addresses Jason Collins During Press Conference: 'I Couldn't Be Prouder'

………
Obama continued, "And given the importance of sports in our society for an individual who's excelled at the highest levels in one of the major sports to go out and say, 'This is who I am, I'm proud of it, I'm still a great competitor, I'm still seven foot tall and can bang with Shaq,'
………

I wonder how Shaq feels about the phrasing of that last sentence.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty4/30/2013, 9:51 pm

happy jack wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/obama-jason-collins-press-conference_n_3185134.html

………
Obama continued, "And given the importance of sports in our society for an individual who's excelled at the highest levels in one of the major sports to go out and say, 'This is who I am, I'm proud of it, I'm still a great competitor, I'm still seven foot tall and can bang with Shaq,'
………

Maybe what Shaq said will give you a clue.
Quote :
Former Lakers star Shaquille O'Neal thanked Collins for "showing all of us what leadership looks like."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty5/1/2013, 7:35 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

………
………

Maybe what Shaq said will give you a clue.
Quote :
Former Lakers star Shaquille O'Neal thanked Collins for "showing all of us what leadership looks like."
And once again Jacko's forehead meets a rake. Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty5/1/2013, 9:10 am

Artie60438 wrote:
And once again Jacko's forehead meets a rake. Laughing

Pardon me.
Was there something I said that was erroneous?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty5/1/2013, 12:43 pm

40 Reactions/Tweets from NBA players about Jason Collins

http://www.interbasket.net/news/11885/2013/05/40-reactionstweets-from-nba-players-about-jason-collins/

Meanwhile the drug addicted pilodinal cyst was having a fit yesterday.

Quote :
Rush Limbaugh: Jason Collins News 'Rammed Down People's Throats'

Posted: 04/30/2013

Rush Limbaugh lamented on Tuesday what he called the lack of "tolerance" for anti-gay reactions to Jason Collins' coming out.

NBA center Jason Collins came out in a Sports Illustrated piece published Monday. He is the first male U.S. athlete in a major professional sport to come out as gay. The NBA, the White House and Bill Clinton have praised Collins for his announcement.

Limbaugh, however, felt differently. "Why can't everyone just put your sexual preferences on Facebook and call it a day? Why do we need to stop everything and have a national day of celebration, or mourning, depending on your point of view... about this?" the radio host wondered on Tuesday. "And this tolerance only goes one way."

He complained that anyone who does not support Collins is called a "bigot," "racist," "extremist" or "homophobe." "There is no tolerance at all here," Limbaugh alleged. "Not only do these people have to publicly announce it, everyone else has to applaud and accept it."

"If you wanna say you're gay, fine, but does it have to be rammed down everyone's throats all the time?" he added.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/rush-limbaugh-jason-collins_n_3186830.html

The whole rant here
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty5/1/2013, 1:52 pm

Poor Rush. It's so hard being a bigot these days. Razz
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty5/1/2013, 7:05 pm

Last night I heard Sean Hannity muttering about Tim Tebow being cut so look out for another right-wing bullshit outrage.

Apparently the Limbecile was first out the gate Shocked
Rush Limbaugh, Gays, Christians, Tebow and a World Turned Upside Down
Quote :
Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh lamented that if only Tim Tebow were gay (as opposed to avowed in his faith), he would be able to land a job with an NFL franchise, a dig, of course, at the media attention that Jason Collins has received (though later Limbaugh said that even being gay wouldn't suffice, because being an avowed Christian is such a "burden" in our society today).

Limbaugh, the one-time ESPN commentator, didn't comment on Tebow's performance on the field or whether he is fit to play quarterback in the NFL since that is, evidently, beside the point. Instead, he used Jason Collins' announcement on Monday that he is gay as an opportunity to feel sorry for himself and stoke resentment among his followers that Christians are somehow persecuted in a country that has among the very highest rates of church-going and Christian religious affiliation of any wealthy country in the world and in which every single President in American history (and most Supreme Court Justices, Senators and so on) has been Christian (idiocy from some about the current President's religiosity notwithstanding). I know, I know -- sometimes, during the Christmas season, people are greeted with a "happy holidays" rather than "merry Christmas," which is, admittedly, tantamount to Christians being thrown to the lions in ancient Rome.

So Tebow yesterday was the vehicle for Limbaugh to blabber on how about how hard it is to be Christian in a Christian-dominated culture and society and to lament that an historically persecuted group somehow holds all the power in society -- in this case gays.

Last edited by Artie60438 on 5/1/2013, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the Limbaugh article)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Collins comes out   Jason Collins comes out Empty

Back to top Go down

Jason Collins comes out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: