HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Boston Marathon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

PostSubject: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 9:55 am

http://assets.vice.com/content-images/contentimage/no-slug/3976368c7da4833c78d1200e68b526a7.jpg

Obama Administration Ties Boston Marathon Bombing to Anti-Muslim Video

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said Monday that the deadly attack at the Boston Marathon was a “spontaneous reaction” to an anti-Islam video and not a premeditated assault.

Sometimes, you just have to make things up.

And other times, you don't.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/axelrod-obama-thinks-boston-bombings-could-be-related-tax-day_717924.html

Axelrod: Obama Thinks Boston Bombings Could Be Related to 'Tax Day'

10:01 AM, Apr 16, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

In explaining why President Obama didn't call the Boston bombings a "terrorist attack," former adviser David Axelrod said, "I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is -- we really don't know who did this -- it was tax day":
"The word has taken on a different meaning since 9/11," Axelrod said of the phrase "terrorist attack."
"You use those words and it means something very specific in people's mind. And I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is -- we really don't know who did this -- it was tax day. Was it someone who was pro--you know, you just don't know. And so I think his attitude is, let's not put any inference into this, let's just make clear that we're going to get the people responsible."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 10:37 am

In the interest of public safety, I wish they'd just put all the crazy people on MSNBC instead of letting them wander around to different networks.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/16/cenk_uygur_if_bomber_is_a_right-wing_white_guy_it_will_be_excused.html

Cenk Uygur: If Bomber Is A "Right-Wing White Guy" He Will Be Excused

On the Monday broadcast of Current TV's "The War Room" network host Cenk Uygur observed Americans would not be as outraged if the Boston bomber turns out to be a "right-wing white guy" instead of a Muslim terrorist.

"Now, if it's a right-wing white guy, those same exact people will turn around and say, 'Well, look, let's not over blow this. I mean it's just one crazy guy, he doesn't affect anything else. It has no other implications, let's just all calm down," Uygur said.

Michael Shure, the host of "The War Room," said Cenk could be totally wrong about the bomber being a "right-wing white guy" and "just be some guy who was really upset that he had to pay his taxes on April 15th."

"And let's not forget, this could not just be either of those people too," Shure told Uygur. "It could not be an Islamic terrorist. It could not be a right-wing militia person. It could just be some guy who was really upset that he had to pay his taxes on April 15th."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 10:41 am

Breaking News!!!!!!!! This just in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid
Village Idiot fails to read and fully comprehend material he posted Shocked
happy jack wrote:
In explaining why President Obama didn't call the Boston bombings a "terrorist attack," former adviser David Axelrod

"Former Adviser" definition: One who formerly advised someone but no longer is employed by them or speaks for them.

The only things we should be concerned about is "Who" "How" and "Why". Unfortunately the brainstems & loons on the right are more concerned with what the event is called or trying to idiotically relate it to gun control.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 10:53 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Unfortunately the brainstems & loons on the right are more concerned with what the event is called or trying to idiotically relate it to gun control.

.... while those on the left are trying to idiotically relate it to disgruntled taxpayers.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 11:58 am

Never mind we have idiots on the right like terrorist sympathizer Republican Congressman Peter King trying to idiotically relate it to without any proof, to al-Qaeda.

Quote :
Rep. Peter King claims marathon blasts linked to al-Qaeda cell
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 12:08 pm

edge540 wrote:
Never mind we have idiots on the right like terrorist sympathizer Republican Congressman Peter King trying to idiotically relate it to without any proof, to al-Qaeda.

Quote :

Unless you read something different than I did, Peter King did not claim that the marathon blasts are linked to an al-Qaeda cell. Here is what he said on the matter. If you have him cited elsewhere as saying something different, please provide the link.

Rep. Pete King, a Long Island Republican who chairs the House counterterrorism subcommittee, told ABC News that federal investigators had detained “a person of interest.” He said the bombing “has all the hallmarks of an Al Qaeda-type attack,” but it was not clear if he was referring to intelligence or merely offering an opinion.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/explosions-dozen-injured-boston-marathon-article-1.1317296#ixzz2QeD5bWCC

Saying that something “has all the hallmarks of an Al Qaeda-type attack” is quite different from an actual claim that the bombings were linked to al-Qaeda. Even you should be able to see that.
al-Qaeda?
Bombs?
Terrorism?
Yeah, that's a stretch.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 1:57 pm

Quote :

WOODBURY - Rep. Peter King says Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon were clearly an act of terrorism.

King, who chairs the House Homeland Security Subcommittee, also adds that he believes a group linked to al-Qaeda is responsible for the blasts.

Furthermore, the Seaford-based legislator says it is difficult to secure a crowded, open space such as a marathon route.

http://bronx.news12.com/news/rep-peter-king-claims-marathon-blasts-linked-to-al-qaeda-cell-1.5081868

Here's another republican who has also started to point fingers. Same mastermind who made the BS claim that WMD's were found in Iraq.

Quote :
Congressman Pete Hoekstra Says Al-Qaeda May Have Role In Boston Marathon Explosions
“I think the short list would be probably al-Qaida out of the Maghreb region [of Northwest Africa] or it would be al-Qaida on the Arabian Peninsula out of Yemen, where al Awlaki came from and gave us the Detroit [underwear] bomber,” predicted Hoekstra

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/620714/congressman-pete-hoekstra-says-al-qaeda-may-have-role-in-boston-marathon-explosions/#osK86LjSeaPY9I1I.99
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 2:11 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :

WOODBURY - Rep. Peter King says Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon were clearly an act of terrorism.

King, who chairs the House Homeland Security Subcommittee, also adds that he believes a group linked to al-Qaeda is responsible for the blasts.

Furthermore, the Seaford-based legislator says it is difficult to secure a crowded, open space such as a marathon route.

http://bronx.news12.com/news/rep-peter-king-claims-marathon-blasts-linked-to-al-qaeda-cell-1.5081868

My God, edge - anybody can say he made these claims.
I provided you with the only quote I could find attributed to him on this topic, and in it, he does not say what you claim he said.
Where are the quotes, in his own words, in which he made these claims?
They shouldn't be all that hard to find (assuming that they even exist).
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 2:53 pm

You can whine, cry, stomp your feet and parse all you want, it doesn't change the fact that King and Hoekstra linked the attack to al-Qaeda.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 2:57 pm

Welcome to the afternoon edition of "This day in Village Idiot stupidity!
Village Idiot happy jack wrote:

I provided you with the only quote I could find attributed to him on this topic, and in it, he does not say what you claim he said.
In a special edition of his show, Bill O’Reilly continued Fox News’ coverage of today’s bombing at the Boston Marathon. He was joined by Peter King, the Republican congressman from New York. King added that “there’s no doubt in my mind that this is a terrorist attack.” While we don’t have all the facts, and officials haven’t said who is responsible for the attack, King said we need to be looking at al Qaeda, or at least an offshoot of the organization.
As 'Edge' is fond of saying, "Forehead..meet Rake"! Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 3:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

In a special edition of his show, Bill O’Reilly continued Fox News’ coverage of today’s bombing at the Boston Marathon. He was joined by Peter King, the Republican congressman from New York. King added that “there’s no doubt in my mind that this is a terrorist attack.” While we don’t have all the facts, and officials haven’t said who is responsible for the attack, King said we need to be looking at al Qaeda, or at least an offshoot of the organization.

Watch that rake, Artie, because I'm telling you the same thing I told edge:

Anybody can say he made these claims.
If you provide those for me, then I will gladly acknowledge that you are correct.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 4:08 pm

Oh yeah, this gets better, the right wing lunatics are letting it all hang out. Here's the male version of wacko Michele Bachmann. Can't wait for Sarah Palin to chime in.

GOP Rep Warns Against Immigration Reform, Speculates That Boston Attacker Was Saudi With Student Visa

by Andrew Kirell | 12:42 pm, April 16th, 2013» 21 comments

Speaking with National Review Online, Rep. Steve King (R-IA) cautioned that Congress should be cautious about pursuing immigration reform in light of Monday’s deadly bombings during the Boston marathon.
The outspoken opponent of immigration reform and so-called “amnesty” told the conservative publication that “we need to take a look at the big picture” following the attacks, because “some of the speculation that has come out is that yes, it was a foreign national and, speculating here, that it was potentially a person on a student visa.”
Reiterating his well-known belief that border security and immigration law enforcement should be priority over the path to citizenship, the congressman said, “We need to be ever vigilant.”
“We need to go far deeper into our border crossings,” he added. “We need to take a look at the visa-waiver program and wonder what we’re doing. If we can’t background check people that are coming from Saudi Arabia, how do we think we are going to background check the 11 to 20 million people that are here from who knows where.”
All of this, mind you, was based on his speculation that the perpetrator of the attacks was a Saudi national here on student visa.

...and:

Laura Ingraham Suggests Boston Bombings Should Raise Concerns About Immigration Reform
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 6:15 pm

edge540 wrote:
Oh yeah, this gets better, the right wing lunatics are letting it all hang out. Here's the male version of wacko Michele Bachmann. Can't wait for Sarah Palin to chime in.

GOP Rep Warns Against Immigration Reform, Speculates That Boston Attacker Was Saudi With Student Visa

by Andrew Kirell | 12:42 pm, April 16th, 2013» 21 comments

Speaking with National Review Online, Rep. Steve King (R-IA) cautioned that Congress should be cautious about pursuing immigration reform in light of Monday’s deadly bombings during the Boston marathon.
The outspoken opponent of immigration reform and so-called “amnesty” told the conservative publication that “we need to take a look at the big picture” following the attacks, because “some of the speculation that has come out is that yes, it was a foreign national and, speculating here, that it was potentially a person on a student visa.”
Reiterating his well-known belief that border security and immigration law enforcement should be priority over the path to citizenship, the congressman said, “We need to be ever vigilant.”
“We need to go far deeper into our border crossings,” he added. “We need to take a look at the visa-waiver program and wonder what we’re doing. If we can’t background check people that are coming from Saudi Arabia, how do we think we are going to background check the 11 to 20 million people that are here from who knows where.”
All of this, mind you, was based on his speculation that the perpetrator of the attacks was a Saudi national here on student visa.

...and:

Laura Ingraham Suggests Boston Bombings Should Raise Concerns About Immigration Reform
Ahhh,,,the "rebranding" continues. I guess those poll numbers where 70% of people think the GOP is out of touch with America just isn't high enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 6:35 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Watch that rake, Artie, because I'm telling you the same thing I told edge:
Rolling Eyes Which amounts to nothing more than than your usual attempt to turn the discussion into a scavenger hunt without you doing the slightest bit of actual research.
happy jack wrote:
Relax,no one has ever accused you of being the slightest bit competent when it comes to finding out the truth or doing even the most minimal amount of research.
happy jack wrote:
Patience
happy jack wrote:
If you provide those for me, then I will gladly acknowledge that you are correct.
Nope not good enough. I'm tired of doing the research for you. How about you agree to write these exact words "I,Happy Jack" am the Village Idiot of this message board" 50 times and then post it.
happy jack wrote:
Just because you're not smart enough to find them doesn't mean they don't exist.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/16/2013, 6:46 pm

Let's just hope they can catch whoever did this...There are a lot of theories out there...It was April 15...It was Patriot Day...They saw a black man with a foreign accent...Again let's pray they found out who did this!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 5:37 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Watch that rake, Artie, because I'm telling you the same thing I told edge:
Rolling Eyes Which amounts to nothing more than than your usual attempt to turn the discussion into a scavenger hunt without you doing the slightest bit of actual research.
happy jack wrote:
Relax,no one has ever accused you of being the slightest bit competent when it comes to finding out the truth or doing even the most minimal amount of research.
happy jack wrote:
Patience
happy jack wrote:
Nope not good enough. I'm tired of doing the research for you. How about you agree to write these exact words "I,Happy Jack" am the Village Idiot of this message board" 50 times and then post it.
happy jack wrote:
Just because you're not smart enough to find them doesn't mean they don't exist.

All you need to do is provide the quote, and I will gladly acknowledge that you are correct; as it stands, I have no desire to do your research for you.
Alternatively, you may continue to act like a child.
Makes no difference to me at all.
He either said it, or he didn't say it.
If he said it, there will be a verifiable record of it.
If there isn't, you are simply making things up again.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 8:28 am

happy jack wrote:
"...Peter King did not claim that the marathon blasts are linked to an al-Qaeda cell.... "If you provide those for me, then I will gladly acknowledge that you are correct.
They shouldn't be all that hard to find (assuming that they even exist)."

Here ya go Bubble Boy:

Quote :
Rep. Peter King: Bombings Signal ‘The New War With Al-Qaida’
Tuesday, 16 Apr 2013

By William Hoffmann and Todd Beamon

Peter King suggested on Tuesday that the Boston Marathon bombings might indicate “the new war with al-Qaida.”

“This may be the new war with al-Qaida: smaller attacks with people who are under the radar screen,” King told Wolf Blitzer on CNN. “Many al-Qaida groups are using Americans with clean records.”

"Earlier Tuesday, King told Newsmax TV’s “The Steve Malzberg Show” that the Saudi Arabian “person of interest’’ in the bombings had not been ruled out as a possible suspect."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/king-saudi-person-interest/2013/04/16/id/499784?s=al&promo_code=132B6-1#ixzz2Qj51PsLn

He said it.
If this blowhard spent more time doing his job instead of running at the mouth he'd know that the Saudi Arabian “person of interest’’ was indeed ruled out as a possible suspect.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 9:35 am

happy jack wrote:

All you need to do is provide the quote, and I will gladly acknowledge that you are correct; as it stands, I have no desire to do your research for you.
That's the problem....you don't do any research
Village Idiot wrote:
Alternatively, you may continue to act like a child.
Makes no difference to me at all.
Yeah,well I'm tired of your constant attempts to turn every discussion into a circle jerk where nothing can satisfy you. The articles that Edge and I posted would have been proof enough for a reasonable person that doesn't suffer from a cognitive disability. Therefore if you want to keep insisting that further proof is required you need to have some skin in the game like I outlined above.
Village Idiot wrote:
He either said it, or he didn't say it.
If he said it, there will be a verifiable record of it.
He did say it,and I have indisputable proof of it. Razz
VI wrote:
If there isn't, you are simply making things up again.
Then put your money where your mouth is and accept the terms of my challenge above. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 3:31 pm

edge540 wrote:

Peter King suggested on Tuesday that the Boston Marathon bombings might indicate “the new war with al-Qaida.”

“This may be the new war with al-Qaida: smaller attacks with people who are under the radar screen,” King told Wolf Blitzer on CNN. “Many al-Qaida groups are using Americans with clean records.”

Suggested?
Might?
May?

I don’t know where (or even if) you studied English, but those words do not constitute a “claim”.
Those words constitute speculation, and nothing more.
Incidentally, you posted this ….

Quote :

…. at about noon yesterday.
Even if I concede that the words in this most recent article you posted constitute a “claim” (which I don’t), how is it that you are backing up something you posted at noon with something that was not published until 4:11 PM, much later that afternoon?
Kinda curious.

Tuesday, 16 Apr 2013 04:11 PM

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/king-saudi-person-interest/2013/04/16/id/499784?s=al&promo_code=132B6-1#ixzz2QkpfQbGM
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 3:32 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
He did say it,and I have indisputable proof of it.

Then simply post your source and this whole dialogue will end with me telling you that you are correct.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 4:30 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Suggested?
Might?
May?

I don’t know where (or even if) you studied English, but those words do not constitute a “claim”.

Quote :

Even if I concede that the words in this most recent article you posted constitute a “claim” (which I don’t), how is it that you are backing up something you posted at noon with something that was not published until 4:11 PM, much later that afternoon?
Kinda curious.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/king-saudi-person-interest/2013/04/16/id/499784?s=al&promo_code=132B6-1#ixzz2QkpfQbGM
You can whine, cry, stomp your feet and parse all you want, it doesn't change the fact that King and Hoekstra linked the attack to al-Qaeda.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 4:48 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Suggested?
Might?
May?

Quote :

Kinda curious.

You just cannot fathom the difference between a "claim" and pure speculation, can you?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 7:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
He did say it,and I have indisputable proof of it.

[b]Then simply post your source and this whole dialogue will end with me telling you that you are correct.
Nope,You've once again accused me of making something up without having a shred of evidence to back up your accusation. If you're so sure that I'm making it up then accept my challenge. If not,then just slink off like the cowardly liar we all know you are.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 8:21 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
You've once again accused me of making something up without having a shred of evidence to back up your accusation.

You've once again claimed something without displaying a shred of evidence to back up your claim.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   4/17/2013, 8:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
You've once again accused me of making something up without having a shred of evidence to back up your accusation.

[b]You've once again claimed something without displaying a shred of evidence to back up your claim.
Then put your money where your mouth is and agree to my challenge. Otherwise you've just proved yourself to be both a coward and a liar.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boston Marathon   

Back to top Go down

Boston Marathon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: