Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 7:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
So, based upon your statement – “Yeah,like that law is gonna scare someone bent on committing mass murder.” – I take it that you agree with me that laws preventing private citizens from carrying weapons do absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with criminal intent from committing murder.
Correct?
Nope,not even close. If you had been paying attention it might have dawned on you that my position has always been that guns like an AR-15 have no place in a civilized society,with the exception of Military or Police. They would be illegal to manufacture and sell to private citizens.

So it is your contention that a rifle that shoots one bullet per pull of the trigger, such as an ordinary hunting rifle, should be illegal.
Correct?
Ignorant freakin troll. Sleep

Just trying to ascertain what you are trying to say in this statement:

Artie60438 wrote:
.... my position has always been that guns like an AR-15 have no place in a civilized society,with the exception of Military or Police. They would be illegal to manufacture and sell to private citizens.

Don't see why you would have a problem answering my very simple and straightforward question.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/24/2012, 8:38 pm

edge540 wrote:
Getting off 3, 4 or 5 rounds with a bolt action rifle and reloading in 2 seconds?
Wow. That's utter nonsense. Why does jack make up crap and lie?

I didn't say I could do that with a single-shot bolt-action rifle; I was referring to a standard semi-automatic rifle.
Why do you make up crap and lie?
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 9:01 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Getting off 3, 4 or 5 rounds with a bolt action rifle and reloading in 2 seconds?

I didn't say I could do that with a single-shot bolt-action rifle; I was referring to a standard semi-automatic rifle.

Oh please, please forgive me, I'm so sorry. It sure as hell looks to me like you were answering this question that Artie asked you:

"How many shots can you get off without reloading using a "bolt action" which the Winchester deer rifle uses vs how many shots can you get off without reloading using a semi-automatic AR-15"

Since you did not answer the question about the Winchester bolt-action deer rifle, perhaps you can now.
We already know that even a monkey could shoot a semi-automatic rifle as fast as the trigger can be pulled.

Could you please answer Artie's question?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 9:39 am

happy jack wrote:
If that sounds inconsistent, so be it.

Well, at least you're aware...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 10:07 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Oh please, please forgive me, I'm so sorry. It sure as hell looks to me like you were answering this question that Artie asked you:

"How many shots can you get off without reloading using a "bolt action" which the Winchester deer rifle uses vs how many shots can you get off without reloading using a semi-automatic AR-15"

Since you did not answer the question about the Winchester bolt-action deer rifle, perhaps you can now.
We already know that even a monkey could shoot a semi-automatic rifle as fast as the trigger can be pulled.

Could you please answer Artie's question?

I've never shot a Winchester bolt-action rifle, so I can't answer that question with any truth or accuracy. However, I do own a Ruger semi-automatic rifle, and my assertion about the magazine changes remains true. Though I've never actually timed it, I would estimate that I can empty a 25 round clip in easily under ten seconds, dump the empty and slap in another within 5 seconds or so, and repeat the process until I run out of either magazines or ammo (those are conseravtive estimates, by the way). And that is no different than what someone could do with the AR-15. I happen to be using 25 round clips, but I believe that there are larger capacity clips available for my particular rifle, thus increasing the ability to fire more rounds per minute. The AR-15, in and of itself, is functionally no different than many of the other semi-auto rifles out there, so I can't figure out why y'all are wetting yourselves (there's that urine reference you like so much, edge) over this one particular weapon, other than the fact that you are highly susceptible to the falsehoods and deception so often incorporated by the mainstream media when they report on guns.

edge540 wrote:

Then why the big panty twist over this particular rifle? The AR-15 is still 'one trigger pull, one shot', identical to countless other legally available rifles.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 11:10 am

Thank you very much for proving in your own words that this is utter nonsense:

happy jack wrote
Quote :
"It is nothing more than a tricked out deer rifle"

Quote :
I do own a Ruger semi-automatic rifle

What model?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 12:06 pm

edge540 wrote:

happy jack wrote
Quote :

Quote :

What model?

No, it is not "utter nonsense". Just because you happened to post a picture of the Winchester Model 70 does not preclude the fact that there are other hunting rifles out there which operate virtually indentically to the AR-15. I own the Ruger 10/22 and am considering the purchase of the Mini-14, both of which are perfectly legal, both of which function with little to no difference from the AR-15, and both of which are of the 'one trigger pull, one shot' design - exactly like the AR-15.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_10/22

Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 3:07 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

happy jack wrote
Quote :

Quote :

What model?

No, it is not "utter nonsense". Just because you happened to post a picture of the Winchester Model 70 does not preclude the fact that there are other hunting rifles out there which operate virtually indentically to the AR-15.
It's not only utter nonsense it's also beyond absurd. Deer hunters do use the AR 15 for deer hunting. The other semi auto deer rifles are just like the Winchester Model 70: longer range and more accurate than the AR 15. There also is no 100 round magazine avaiable for semi auto deer rifles. Just becayse they "operate virtually indentically" means shit.
Quote :
I own the Ruger 10/22...
That's nice. Your Rugar fires a .22 long round. The AR 15 uses the same round as a military assault rifle which is much_much_ more lethal.
Here's what Rugar says about your 10/22:
Quote :
The Benchmark for 22 Rifles – Experience the Tradition. The Ruger® 10/22® rifle is America’s favorite 22 LR rifle, with proven performance in a wide range of styles for every rimfire application. Ideally suited for informal target shooting, "plinking," small game hunting and action-shooting events

[b]Ruger 10/22

Quote :
and am considering the purchase of the Mini-14, both of which are perfectly legal, both of which function with little to no difference from the AR-15, and both of which are of the 'one trigger pull, one shot' design - exactly like the AR-15.
Except the Mini-14 fires the 5.56 military round just like the AR making it just as lethal. That's why police and military forces use them.There is a HUGE difference between your .22 plinking rifle and a Mini-14.
Does the Ruger 10/22 make you feel inadequate?

Ruger Mini-14

The AR 15 and the Mini-14 are excellent for killing people

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/25/2012, 4:31 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

happy jack wrote
Quote :

Quote :

What model?

No, it is not "utter nonsense". Just because you happened to post a picture of the Winchester Model 70 does not preclude the fact that there are other hunting rifles out there which operate virtually indentically to the AR-15.
It's not only utter nonsense it's also beyond absurd. Deer hunters do use the AR 15 for deer hunting. The other semi auto deer rifles are just like the Winchester Model 70: longer range and more accurate than the AR 15. There also is no 100 round magazine avaiable for semi auto deer rifles. Just becayse they "operate virtually indentically" means shit.
Quote :
I own the Ruger 10/22...
That's nice. Your Rugar fires a .22 long round. The AR 15 uses the same round as a military assault rifle which is much_much_ more lethal.
Quote :
The Benchmark for 22 Rifles – Experience the Tradition. The Ruger® 10/22® rifle is America’s favorite 22 LR rifle, with proven performance in a wide range of styles for every rimfire application. Ideally suited for informal target shooting, "plinking," small game hunting and action-shooting events

[b]Ruger 10/22

Quote :
and am considering the purchase of the Mini-14, both of which are perfectly legal, both of which function with little to no difference from the AR-15, and both of which are of the 'one trigger pull, one shot' design - exactly like the AR-15.
Except the Mini-14 fires the 5.56 military round just like the AR making it just as lethal. That's why police and military forces use them.There is a HUGE difference between your .22 plinking rifle and a Mini-14.
Does the Ruger 10/22 make you feel inadequate?

Ruger Mini-14

I see that it is the purely cosmetic aspects of the Mini-14 that have you wetting yourself again (gratuitous urine reference). The Mini-14 is sold with a stock that looks no different than the 10/22 you have pictured, not tricked out like the one in the picture you posted.

edge540 wrote:

A .22 to the brain or heart will kill a person.
A round from an AR-15 will travel faster than a .22 and open a larger wound channel than the .22. A shot from an AR-15 to the brain or the heart will kill a person also, but that person will be no more dead than the person killed by the .22.
A round of .00 buckshot will pretty much shred whatever it hits, and a shot to the brain or heart using .00 buckshot will render the victim no more and no less dead than the person killed by the .22 or the AR-15 round.
The firing mode of both the shotgun and the .22 is ‘one trigger pull, one shot’.
Are you suggesting that we make the .22 and shotguns illegal?

[quote="edge540"]
Quote :

Good. You can read.

edge540 wrote:

Except the Mini-14 fires the 5.56 military round just like the AR making it just as lethal. That's why police and military forces use them.

Police and military forces use them in the fully automatic version, which is already illegal for civilian use.

edge540 wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between you .22 plinking rifle and a Mini-14.

Functionally, there is virtually no difference.

edge540 wrote:

Shotguns, rifles, semi-auto pistols, revolvers, knives, bombs, cars, baseball bats, spears, arrows, poisons, etc., are also excellent for killing people. However, the AR-15 and the Mini-14 are also excellent for shooting paper and reaction targets, which is what my acquaintances use them for.
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/26/2012, 9:57 am

happy jack wrote:

I see that it is the purely cosmetic aspects of the Mini-14 that have you wetting yourself again (gratuitous urine reference).
Wrong again Rambo.
Let me guess, you had a traumatic bed wetting problem and thus the never ending fixation with juvenile urine references. You should get some professional help.

Holy crap, I didn't know that the short barrel, folding combat paratrooper stock, cooling shroud, pistol grip, flash suppressor and a bayonet lug were "purely cosmetic aspects" of the Mini-14 ...LOL. Do the SWAT teams and armed forces know that?

Quote :
[b]Shotguns, rifles, semi-auto pistols, revolvers, knives, bombs, cars, baseball bats, spears, arrows, poisons, etc., are also excellent for killing people. However, the AR-15 and the Mini-14 are also excellent for shooting paper and reaction targets, which is what my acquaintances use them for.

Except that the military-style AR-15 and the Mini-14, I'm sure you would agree, are much more capable, lethal and efficiant at killing as opposed to .22 rifles, semi-auto pistols, revolvers, knives, bombs, cars, baseball bats, spears, arrows, poisons, etc.

So did you see Mittens look like a fucking idiot yesterday?

Quote :
Romney claims many Aurora weapons were illegal
By Brian Montopoli

(CBS News) In an interview with NBC News Wednesday, Mitt Romney said "many" of the weapons used in the Aurora, Colorado mass shooting were obtained illegally.

"Well this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already," Romney said. "But he had them. And so we can sometimes hope that just changing the law will make all bad things go away. It won't. Changing the heart of the American people may well be what's essential, to improve the lots of the American people."

The guns used in the attacks were purchased legally between May 22 and July 6 at three Colorado gun stores, according to officials. "We're told the weapons he used were legal. And the ammunition he purchased over the internet was not prohibited," reports CBS News' Bob Orr.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57480081-503544/romney-claims-many-aurora-weapons-were-illegal/

Williams also asked Mittens about this when he said:
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Here's the gibberish the fraud you're voting for came up with:
"Actually the law that we signed in Massachusetts was a combination of efforts both on the part of those that were for additional gun rights and those that opposed gun rights, and they came together and made some changes that provided, I think, a better environment for both, and that’s why both sides came to celebrate the signing of the bill.”

Last edited by edge540 on 7/26/2012, 1:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/26/2012, 12:15 pm

Willard will say anything_anything, you want to hear.

Quote :
Romney On Guns: Flip-Flopping To The NRA

By Dan Payne July 24, 2012

Mitt Romney speaks at the National Rifle Association convention in St. Louis on April 13. (AP)

I vaguely recalled that Mitt Romney had supported a ban on assault weapons like the ones used in the Aurora, Colo., theater massacre. One visit to Google uncovered the facts pieced together by Seema Mehta, a staff writer for The Los Angeles Times.

Rather than rewrite her story, allow me to quote some damning facts about Romney’s history on this horribly relevant issue:

As governor of Massachusetts, he signed the first permanent state ban on assault weapons. “Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” Romney said at the bill-signing ceremony in 2004… “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

When Romney ran for president in 2008, Mehta noted:

[H]e offered conflicting statements, saying that as president he would have signed a law renewing the federal ban. But he also said he did not believe any new gun restriction laws were necessary. “I do not support any new legislation of an assault weapon ban nature, including that against semiautomatic weapons,” Romney said during a Florida debate in 2008. “I instead believe that we have laws in place that, if they’re implemented and enforced, will provide the protection and the safety of the American people.”

http://www.wbur.org/2012/07/24/romney-guns-nra
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/27/2012, 10:59 am

edge540 wrote:
So did you see Mittens look like a fucking idiot yesterday?

Quote :
Romney claims many Aurora weapons were illegal
By Brian Montopoli

(CBS News) In an interview with NBC News Wednesday, Mitt Romney said "many" of the weapons used in the Aurora, Colorado mass shooting were obtained illegally.

"Well this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already," Romney said. "But he had them. And so we can sometimes hope that just changing the law will make all bad things go away. It won't. Changing the heart of the American people may well be what's essential, to improve the lots of the American people."

The guns used in the attacks were purchased legally between May 22 and July 6 at three Colorado gun stores, according to officials. "We're told the weapons he used were legal. And the ammunition he purchased over the internet was not prohibited," reports CBS News' Bob Orr.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57480081-503544/romney-claims-many-aurora-weapons-were-illegal/

Quite telling, IMHO. A) He's an out of touch idiot, which we all knew, and B) he's pro gun control since he believed and was comfortable with the idea that what Holmes was carrying was already illegal (assuming, of course, we can believe anything he says).

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
Williams also asked Mittens about this when he said:
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

The most entertaining part about this election has been Mitten's attempts to distance himself from himself... Laughing
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/27/2012, 8:44 pm

happy jack wrote:
Congratulations, and welcome to the Friends of the 2nd Amendment Club.
Kidding aside...why do you (and millions of others) are so utterly fanatic when it comes to guns...I just don't get it...It can't be about a militia ready to protect the US if we become invaded by an enemy...There are about 300 million people in the US and about 270 million guns...Why is this country so preoccupied with possessing guns... It is not like we are still living in the wild west or pioneers or colonists...
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/28/2012, 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   7/30/2012, 7:19 pm

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Kidding aside...why do you (and millions of others) are so utterly fanatic when it comes to guns...I just don't get it...It can't be about a militia ready to protect the US if we become invaded by an enemy...There are about 300 million people in the US and about 270 million guns...Why is this country so preoccupied with possessing guns... It is not like we are still living in the wild west or pioneers or colonists...

Hey, don't knock it. A couple of dead teenagers every now and again is totally worth the right to... shoot an easily-converted-to-full-auto rifle with an extended-for-no-practical-reason clip at a gun range? Yay, freedom!

Here's to hoping rocket launchers end up in Wal-Mart and Cabella's soon.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/18/2012, 5:25 pm

Heretic wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Hey, don't knock it. A couple of dead teenagers every now and again is totally worth the right to... shoot an easily-converted-to-full-auto rifle with an extended-for-no-practical-reason clip at a gun range? Yay, freedom!

Here's to hoping rocket launchers end up in Wal-Mart and Cabella's soon.

A rifle converted to full auto is already illegal for most civilians to own - I wish you people would acknowledge that simple fact and stop being disingenuous about it, as it's a moot point.
And there is a very good and practical reason for using an extended clip on the range. When a shooter is attempting to discover consistencies or inconsistencies in his shooting technique, the longer he can shoot without interruption, i.e., reloading, the more easily he can pinpoint those consistencies or inconsistencies.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/18/2012, 10:34 pm

You're right. That's totally worth a few dead teenagers every now and again.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/19/2012, 9:24 am

Heretic wrote:
You're right. That's totally worth a few dead teenagers every now and again.
Anyone who chooses to mow down a roomful of unarmed teenagers can very easily do so without extended magazines and without a fully automatic weapon. That is indisputable. The problem is not with the equipment being used - the problem is with the person using the equipment. If you insist upon blaming inanimate objects for the various mass shootings, you are not being the least bit realistic.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/19/2012, 11:13 am

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Why are you (and millions of others) so utterly fanatical about attempting to restrict my choice of firearms and magazines when all I use them for is to shoot holes in paper targets, or to blow apart a few old bowling pins?
I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/20/2012, 9:44 am

happy jack wrote:
Anyone who chooses to mow down a roomful of unarmed teenagers can very easily do so without extended magazines and without a fully automatic weapon. The problem is not with the equipment being used - the problem is with the person using the equipment. If you insist upon blaming inanimate objects for the various mass shootings, you are not being the least bit realistic.

Exactly. Like I said, here's to hoping rocket launchers and full-auto rifles end up in Wal-Mart and Cabella's soon. You know... since the inanimate objects have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Or maybe you do recognize that the inanimate objects do in fact play a part (read that carefully, out loud if need be) in such a tragedy. And if you recognize that "the problem is with the person using the equipment" then hopefully you can understand why some would want to prevent unstable individuals like Holmes from having such easy and legal access to high powered weaponry.

Any possible solutions? Even see a problem that warrants mitigation? Or are a few dead teenagers an acceptable price for freedom?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/20/2012, 10:04 am

Heretic wrote:
Exactly. Like I said, here's to hoping rocket launchers and full-auto rifles end up in Wal-Mart and Cabella's soon.

I’m not sure whether you are attempting to suggest that those words came out of my mouth, but if you are, you are flat-out lying.

Heretic wrote:
And if you recognize that "the problem is with the person using the equipment" then hopefully you can understand why some would want to prevent unstable individuals like Holmes from having such easy and legal access to high powered weaponry.

Holmes didn’t need “high powered weaponry” to do his deed. He could have accomplished the same thing employing weapons and magazines not covered under the pointless so-called assault weapons ban, although it may have taken him about 10 seconds longer.

Heretic wrote:
Or are a few dead teenagers an acceptable price for freedom?

If we are going to continue to respect the 2nd amendment, we will also need to understand that there will always be those who will abuse it, much like there are those who would abuse the 1st amendment (see Innocence of Muslims filmmakers). Is the possibility of a few dead teenagers an acceptable reason to revoke part of the constitution?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/20/2012, 10:50 am

Heretic wrote:
Or are a few dead teenagers an acceptable price for freedom?

I suppose if you ask that question in a larger context by taking into account the wars this country has fought since its inception, given the average age of those doing the actual fighting, the answer appears to be a resounding “yes”.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/20/2012, 12:54 pm

Heretic wrote:

Or maybe you do recognize that the inanimate objects do in fact play a part (read that carefully, out loud if need be) in such a tragedy.

An inanimate object plays no part whatsoever until an animate object, i.e., a person, decides to animate said object by either using it or misusing it.
Read that carefully, out loud if need be.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   9/21/2012, 10:25 am

happy jack wrote:
I’m not sure whether you are attempting to suggest that those words came out of my mouth, but if you are, you are flat-out lying.

No, I never said you said them. I highlighted the very fact that you hadn't with "maybe you do recognize that the inanimate objects do in fact play a part (read that carefully, out loud if need be) in such a tragedy." You hadn't said it, so I assumed (correctly?) that you're not in favor of having such items available in vending machines at CVS. I can't think of any reason not to be in favor of having easy access to such weapons other than recognizing it would be a really bad idea.

happy jack wrote:
Holmes didn’t need “high powered weaponry” to do his deed. He could have accomplished the same thing employing weapons and magazines not covered under the pointless so-called assault weapons ban, although it may have taken him about 10 seconds longer.

Ten seconds that could have made a very significant difference in someone's life. But ya know... details...

happy jack wrote:
If we are going to continue to respect the 2nd amendment, we will also need to understand that there will always be those who will abuse it, much like there are those who would abuse the 1st amendment (see Innocence of Muslims filmmakers). Is the possibility of a few dead teenagers an acceptable reason to revoke part of the constitution?

So that's a "yes" then? And if it's all about "respecting the 2nd amendment", why are we not for selling rocket launchers and full auto rifles at Wal-Mart and Cabellas again? "An inanimate object plays no part whatsoever until an animate object, i.e., a person, decides to animate said object by either using it or misusing it," right?

My guess is we both draw the line somewhere between handguns and nukes. I just figured having yours slightly farther down the road would have more reasonable justification that just "Gotta keep my score up at the gun range. Sorry, Billy."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: